What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How long on hotfix/rollback

124»

Comments

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Cool, thanks. When will the game will be back online then? Since there's no rollback, there's no reason to keep it down for too long.

It's already up.
  • mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just think! If everyone had a Nightmare Mount nobody would complain about mount speeds in pvp! It fixes that complaint right square.
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zypr66ss wrote: »
    You honestly think they're going to ban customers for a mistake put into the game by themselves?
    That would require them to ban quite alot of players actually. I think not.
    I'm smelling a sliver of jealousy, 'bout someone not getting that little mount.

Actually based on what happened after the AH negative bug that people exploited... yes... they have banned people, some for a week, some for a day and some forever for their one char...

Yes, I expect these people will get banned because THEY KNEW they were exploiting a bug, which is against the TOS...

And they deserve it...
  • ruffianaruffiana Member, NW_CrypticDev, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Do you realize what you've done with statements like that? :P Bad!

(DISCLAIMER: I'm guessing Ruff doesn't work in a department that is culpable for fixing stuff like this and thus is either working on something else or watching the panic. Or venting frustration at something while code compiles.)
    Do you realize what you've done with statements like that? :P Bad!

(DISCLAIMER: I'm guessing Ruff doesn't work in a department that is culpable for fixing stuff like this and thus is either working on something else or watching the panic. Or venting frustration at something while code compiles.)

Animation here, so no. (Unless this actually turns out to be an animation bug, in which case holy heck am I in trouble!)

I'm just plodding away here while two of our producers are dashing around flailing their arms wildly in the air and threatening to burn the building down, another is curled up in the corner sobbing softly and mumbling something about 'the horror...the horror'. Valasquez dashed by stripped bare to the waist holding a broadsword and someone's head. Dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria.

So I logged in to the forums to see what was going on, and here we are.

(Nah. They're on it.)
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No Roll Back? what the hell is wrong with this company? This was a major exploit, there NEEDS to be consequences to players bad actions. It won't be hard to figure out who exploited the living <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of this BUG, yes this a bug. Just look at the people with 2+ Nightmare Mounts in their inventory bags next solution would be either take away all but 1 Mount from them or Roll the server back, no one is going to lose any progress the server was only up for like 30minutes - 1hour. If player's are butthurt over losing their exploited Mounts who gives a **** they shouldn't have took advantage of the situation.

How can getting a not so special in-game item without any "bad actions" but opening the box the legit way and get a nightmare be 'an exploit'. Here is what happened to me: I saw the lockbox spam on my screen was curious about what was going on, opened a box i had in my inventory, got the mount. Now, explain me how this is bad. I did things using the normal process to get a legit mount, i got it. No weird jumping in the skybox of a dungeon, no intention to exploit anything, just curiosity and a lucky drop. Do you really think they can remove it from my account? :)
This discussion has been closed.