test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.5.20130812b.8

Comments

• Options
    mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    *taps foot* Is it 9am yet? (almost...) .... I'm probably going to wait to try the new areas until the initial crowd furor dies down (I'm expecting lag etc but maybe I'll be surprised), but I'd like to look at that new professions and other stuff...
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Anybody see where it say items are now bound if equipped on companions? This made me sad.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Anybody see where it say items are now bound if equipped on companions? This made me sad.
    Yeah...that's a bummer. I didn't realize that wasn't intentional, although perhaps I should have. :)
    I wonder if it applies to items already on companions.
  • Options
    ata67ata67 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rathma86 wrote: »
    Epic set items will be available to purchase, it is ONLY the DD chest that will be bound, in RARE instances, they can drop from bosses too :)
    And these items rise in price. W8! Cryptics sell Zenn&AD... But of course it was not done for profit.
  • Options
    s32ialxs32ialx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Let's see: Hammer of Fate is dealing "too much damage." So far, I can't even kill a minion with a full hit. Now they're removing 40% of the power? Seriously? What else can possibly be done to nerf the DC? Why not remove the power to heal entirely? :mad:

Please tell me how the Devoted Cleric ( A Healing Paragon Path ) is completely useless because a daily that I never even use as a 10.8k GS + 5.5k Power,3kcrit,3kRecov,2kDef Cleric.

Oh what Flame strike works perfectly fine? well then I guess use it as it's AOE has always been better imo and it knocks back slightly and knocks down. or do you just not know how to use flame strike efficiently? and oh god please tell me your not using Hammer of Fate in dungeons is so please go reroll a fighter class.
  • Options
    s32ialxs32ialx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "Blue-quality gear now has a lower chance of dropping in the open world."

^ can someone explain this to me. The reasoning behind it. As if blue gear dropped frequently.

On preview you basically got a blue drop every lets say 5-10 kills of monsters... sometimes more sometimes less.
  • Options
    darkyanimedarkyanime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
    Magical Patch
  • Options
    chardzkichardzki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    after patch, client crashes on character selection.

hope they can get a fix asap.
  • Options
    hobieonehobieone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    s32ialx wrote: »
    On preview you basically got a blue drop every lets say 5-10 kills of monsters... sometimes more sometimes less.

that's on preview but on live its way way less. which means preview has a bug as its base isn't setup exactly like live which means when this hits live its going to be even more rare to get a blue drop than before!
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Despite bug reporting the 'Cannot send private messages' issue it is now live!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    lol...inferno nightmare problem, much? Emergency maintenance ... hopefully they'll fix it.
  • Options
    rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited August 2013
    lol me either, except to guildies it says must be lvl 15, a founder or have purchased zen XD i am all 3 of the above!

Also, thanks for the ridiculous spam of nightmares... grats guys, brilliant way to start it... IN B4 rollback
  • Options
    psycadelicapsycadelica Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2013
    missed the note : Everyone who opens a Nightmare lockbox shall receive a Nightmare mount :D GREAT JOB CRYPTIC!!!! you so fail :p
  • Options
    rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited August 2013
    hobieone wrote: »
    that's on preview but on live its way way less. which means preview has a bug as its base isn't setup exactly like live which means when this hits live its going to be even more rare to get a blue drop than before!

i believe that wasn't meant to be in the patch notes

i got a blue drop in sharandar in 2 mins
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How to patch a server :D
  • Options
    pwniexpresspwniexpress Member Posts: 33
    edited August 2013
    Heh. Emergency maintenance. Actually, I'll say great job Cryptic for swiftly reacting to and correcting a problem. Stuff is gonna happen. You guys were on your game and picked up the ball as soon as it dropped. Kudos.
  • Options
    lakesidemaidenlakesidemaiden Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Ohhh so on your planet they have summer the same month all across the world? how interesting...

LOL I think they are referring to the traditional day of midsummer, the summer solstice, which occurs on June 20/21.
  • Options
    zaphrailzaphrail Member Posts: 62
    edited August 2013
    at least the DC buffs seemed nice.

a good joke :)
  • Options
    jibranhanif82jibranhanif82 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zaphrail wrote: »
    a good joke :)

chill bro :P
  • Options
    theloonytoontheloonytoon Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    so does anyone know yet on how long this emergency thing is going to last? lmfaooooooooooo
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    so does anyone know yet on how long this emergency thing is going to last? lmfaooooooooooo

depends on whether they gonna do rollback
  • Options
    dagoniderdagonider Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    depends on whether they gonner do rollback

I would assume that they would, or rather it would be a bit fair if they did. A lot of people who got their mounts probably had to deal out a bit of effort than just getting one from a non-directed issue of a bug. If I had gotten a mount from it like that, I wouldn't care too much if they did rollback personally. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    would be nice for PWE to anounce whats happening an when we can get back into game
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    lol obviously they should? if not then what people get to keep the horses? lmao But they wont do a full day rollback wont they? cause That had be too <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up and if they do a rollback, how long does that usually last?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    dagonider wrote: »
    I would assume that they would, or rather it would be a bit fair if they did. A lot of people who got their mounts probably had to deal out a bit of effort than just getting one from a non-directed issue of a bug. If I had gotten a mount from it like that, I wouldn't care too much if they did rollback personally. lol

well many ppl would be pissed off if they don do rollback and leave that mounts to lucky ones.
    on the other hand many ppl would be pissed of if they decide to do rollback which means server offline 4 quite a bit...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    would be nice for PWE to anounce whats happening an when we can get back into game

yes it would...
  • Options
    dagoniderdagonider Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    well many ppl would be pissed off if they don do rollback and leave that mounts to lucky ones.
    on the other hand many ppl would be pissed of if they decide to do rollback which means server offline 4 quite a bit...

I wouldn't think the time that it was down would be too much if they did do a rollback. I mean, the servers were up for just a short amount of time, right? But I am only throwing speculation out, as I don't know how their system is set up. I would assume they would be able to do it in some sort of timely manner if/when they do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    heidid91heidid91 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Couldn't agree more. I just looked at the clock, said to myself "hey, it's past 9 am" and tried logging in...got the "Server not available" message and assumed there were so many people online that the servers were full or overloaded. Then I went searching through various forums trying to see if there was another explanation, and it took me about 10-15 minutes to find the end of this thread and an explanation. Some sort of notification on the launch screen or even a stickied forum post would have been nice.

Oh well, now we wait, I suppose. Though I'm happy about many of the updates, I can't say I'm thrilled about some of the changes to feats & powers for my two main characters (CW & DC). I guess I get what I pay for.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -- William Arthur Ward
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Back on Allods Eu, patch day come, any problems and have a GM there ready to relay any information on any hold backs or anything to the players, PWE just let us sit here an assume anything, great job, look forward to not hearing anything from you
  • Options
    forumborg29forumborg29 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    check out the dev posts for your updates

Update 4 (10:00AM PDT): We've brought the servers back down for a quick fix. Our goal is to bring them back up by 12PM PDT. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.