Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.5.20130812b.8

124»

Comments

• Options
    fsunatefsunate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    decreasing survival for gwfs should have been met with a boost in dps. But we actually got a dps nerf too. Unstoppable is broke, doesn't work with the feats now, therefore rendered useless. All the time and money invested in the class and it's not playable anymore the way I had enjoyed it. so can I get a refund for the 3k zen I put in to that char?
  • Options
    heuristiclineupheuristiclineup Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In-game there was a 30min, 25,20,15,10,and 5 minute warnings, and on the site there is a sticky in general about an hour before that even. Anywho it's only for an hour, and then we get sun elves among other fixes. Still waiting on offical notes too :p
    Uhhh.... I got absolutely ZERO warning
  • Options
    achroomaachrooma Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I didn't see a warning in game but as many times as it kicked me I seen where it said it was going for maintenance for an hour :) Just hope this fixes all the crashes I've had today! :(
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    fsunate wrote: »
    decreasing survival for gwfs should have been met with a boost in dps. But we actually got a dps nerf too. Unstoppable is broke, doesn't work with the feats now, therefore rendered useless. All the time and money invested in the class and it's not playable anymore the way I had enjoyed it. so can I get a refund for the 3k zen I put in to that char?

Adapt. If every time there was a nerf or bug to a race in any game. They would end up with either no money or no new content.
  • Options
    bazgcbazgc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    treffoil wrote: »
    got a new glitch it will not let me chose a charature. the enter game tab is blocked by invisable wall. same for buttons on bottom of character selection screen.

One of my friends had that issue during the second Beta test weekend. It was actually related to the Anti-Virus/Firewall she was using rather than the game itself.
    My Foundry Quests:

The Silver Sword - NW-DEIPWYISA - Daily Qualified
    A Relaxing Stay - NW-DEEYNZYZ9 - Daily Qualified but going to be updated
  • Options
    quigonkennyquigonkenny Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    To those who are saying there was no warning, I've got to agree, unless it was just really obscure. I was lucky enough to log in late enough that I saw the warning in the Launcher, and knew it was coming, but if there was one in-game, I missed it. Usually it flashes in the middle of the screen in the same way a lockbox win notification occurs, but not this time.

Speaking of, I saw someone in the now-closed evening patch thread suggest that the fix for the lockbox exploit issue is as simple as binding all the mounts bought during that time to their original owners. You could also roll back any mount purchases made on the auction during that time, but that's secondary. Anyone who exploited so they could turn around and make a AD grab will be stuck with their piles of mounts, and anyone who was "just lucky" and got a mount to use and not to resell is not going to complain. There might be a few who planned to use, then sell down the road, but they're likely to be far fewer in number than those who are unhappy at what the exploiters have so far gotten away with.

If not, no biggie. It'll just make it that much easier for people like me, who never spent a dime of real money on keys and never intend to, to buy a price-deflated mount on the auction... ^_^
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'm not sure about the price deflated mounts. If they're smart they'd just wait since the nightmare lockboxes are being phased out, they'd only go up in value. It depends how much and fast they want their AD though. There mustn't have been that many doing it though.
  • Options
    kudzilkudzil Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I didn't see anything in the patch notes about the TR or movement in general being affected. My TR has lost quite a lot of speed when stealthed maybe as much as 1/3. My stealth duration also seems to have diminished. I'm thinking you may have gotten some calculations wrong.
  • Options
    sogdianussogdianus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Suddenly my character's gear score is 1.2k? It was almost 6 before. What the hell??!

My stealth bar won't fill sometimes.

And obviously all my already finished daily quests have restarted.
  • Options
    boneless909boneless909 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    can some one help me out..
    whith this new patch i fail to play the game some how,
    its saying patch file is locked
  • Options
    ichikuraichikura Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    While I understand cryptic is trying to make the game better and I acknowledge they have already made a better game then I've seen with the exception of a few minor details (5 classes is rather saddening for a D&D based game where there are about 25 or so to choose from, BUT this game is still new so has time to grow) My main frustration since the new patch is the changing of Auction House...it no longer allows you to pick one item ex. buyout price up or down thus there is a mess in the auction house trying to find cheap gear. I may only be one person but trying to find an item that normally sells for say 60,000AD then scrolling through the rest after you save up and buy it only to find there was one for 35,000AD...It makes a VERY angry player when the sorting setup is the reason it wasn't shown properly. Just my 2 AD worth.
  • Options
    matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ichikura wrote: »
    While I understand cryptic is trying to make the game better and I acknowledge they have already made a better game then I've seen with the exception of a few minor details (5 classes is rather saddening for a D&D based game where there are about 25 or so to choose from, BUT this game is still new so has time to grow) My main frustration since the new patch is the changing of Auction House...it no longer allows you to pick one item ex. buyout price up or down thus there is a mess in the auction house trying to find cheap gear. I may only be one person but trying to find an item that normally sells for say 60,000AD then scrolling through the rest after you save up and buy it only to find there was one for 35,000AD...It makes a VERY angry player when the sorting setup is the reason it wasn't shown properly. Just my 2 AD worth.

Sort by name after you search for a specific item, it will be sorted by price too. Short fix till next patch. However what i also havent seen fixed although its in the patch notes is the speedrun exploits like in Karrundax.
  • Options
    magnusvanguardmagnusvanguard Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    baka1973 wrote: »
    Please please please disable the use of WWW,www,.com,.net,.org and whatever other text gold sellers spam Zone chat with.Its killing the game for many players.
    Other than that great update keep up the good work.

Right Click on the name of the player that is spamming and chose "Ignore player" you may have to do about 12 of them but its done. Easy!
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Ohhh so on your planet they have summer the same month all across the world? how interesting...

Depends what hemishpere you are in if it's summer or winter during August.

3 things though -

1)There was a hiccup with patching before Feywild was launched where it ended up I had to reinstall NWN Online AFTER installing Arc. The patcher was constant hiccuping after I had logged out trying to redownlaod patches. It does work now however after Feywild launch.

2) I miss having 12 charges for throwing daggers on my rogue, but 8 is enough.

3) I've hit ignore on the gold seller web advert at least 20+ times in a day before. Somebody joked they are not even using the proper Trade channel for it. It gets old fast.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ichikura wrote: »
    (5 classes is rather saddening for a D&D based game where there are about 25 or so to choose from, BUT this game is still new so has time to grow)
    Keep in mind that this is not the DnD paper and pen game. Just compare the things that you can do in the PnP game and here. How many weapons has your class access to in the PnP game and how many here? More classes would not add much more variety here, they would simply end up to be carbon copy of each other
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Right Click on the name of the player that is spamming and chose "Ignore player" you may have to do about 12 of them but its done. Easy!

Report player is the better option which also adds them to the ignore list. But in this case it doesn't do much since they just make another account anyway. What would be awesome would be if they made you unable to repeat what you just said in zone chat since I also get annoyed at pricks double or triple posting even when they have dedicated lfg and trading channels now... My ignore list is getting pretty big...
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    frishter wrote: »
    Report player is the better option which also adds them to the ignore list. But in this case it doesn't do much since they just make another account anyway. What would be awesome would be if they made you unable to repeat what you just said in zone chat since I also get annoyed at pricks double or triple posting even when they have dedicated lfg and trading channels now... My ignore list is getting pretty big...

I prefer my solution: Zone chat (now trade and LFT channels too)... disabled. ....aaaaaaannnnnd....they're gone!
  • Options
    hamstergubbenhamstergubben Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    LvL requirement for zone chat
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Except that they constantly come back with another fake account...
  • Options
    hamstergubbenhamstergubben Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Except that they constantly come back with another fake account...

Yeah so why not make it a requirement of level 10 for using other then party and guild chat? that's perfect as there is no way you cant find the way to level 10 and you can't do much before level 10 anyway which also takes pretty fast to get. Also spammers wont probably bother make 100 level 10 accs a day so I think that's quite good thing to add :)

Credits to all who have said this to me and to others before in zone chat etc and agree with this idea :)

Ps: I just downloaded a new patch as the server was on maintainance but it still sais that server is unavailable, will there come another patch or fix?

Ds: I got in 10mins later so nevermind
  • Options
    hobieonehobieone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the prob with level restriction in zone chat. in some cases these gold sellers are way above level 10 as they farm items to sell for gold to get the gold that they are selling hell a group of us found a lvl 60 bot in gauntlgrym farming and reported him or her.
This discussion has been closed.