test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Whats the best tip you would give a new player

badpanda69badpanda69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Whats your best tip for some that just started playing the game some thing that after you learned about makes you think I wish I had known about that before.

Mine would be that you dont need to keep click the mouse button to activate your at wills as soon as I figured that out it was a real game changer for me felt like such a **** afterwards. So whats your best tip for new players your eureka moment if you will.
Post edited by badpanda69 on

Comments

• Options
    jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Best tip is: download the module 1 patch and enjoy :P
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    don't fall for the "spend real money' trick.

edited August 2013
    Beware the e'leet'tists. They silly ppl.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ignore forum whinging and have fun! :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    xxyoutubexxxxyoutubexx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited August 2013
    Find another game to play...
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Find another game to play...

But what if they really want to just play this game? Your advice falls pretty short then.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Don't get side tracked by dungeons/skirmishes. Dungeons take an hour and whatever upgrades you get from them will be replaced within 3-4 levels. Skirmishes less time is wasted but they are both vastly inferior to quests for xp. I know having never seen them yet you will want to experience them, but don't worry, at 60 you can play through all of them again as epics =P
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Level your character to endgame and try Tier 2 dungeons before you decide to spend real money.

Leveling is amazing fun, so is Foundry. however, if you like raids Neverwinter has so many issues that you should "try before you buy"....
  • Options
    claransaclaransa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If your having trouble with a quest, press J to see what level the quest is, you may indeed be in over your head. Foundry missions are good for catching up.
  • Options
    azucarsaladoazucarsalado Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1. Enjoy. If you liked Neverwinter, you will love this game.
    2. Do not buy anything with "real money". You can buy everything with game currency. If later you want something fancy or speed up things, you can do it knowing better in what you spend your money.
    3. If you roll a cleric and you use to play dungeons with random players, prepare to be a potion-holic.
    ^^'
    Jo Khon El, Potionholic Cleric of Torm.
    Odalas, Shield on the run.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    badpanda69 wrote: »
    Whats your best tip for some that just started playing the game some thing that after you learned about makes you think I wish I had known about that before.

Mine would be that you dont need to keep click the mouse button to activate your at wills as soon as I figured that out it was a real game changer for me felt like such a **** afterwards. So whats your best tip for new players your eureka moment if you will.

get out, now!
    just kidding. but i wouldn`t spend money on this twice.
    once was a bit too much already.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Don't spend any real money for at least a month. At that point you should have more perspective on what's worth buying and more sober about your decisions.

Only do what you enjoy. If it feels like annoying work... skip it. Life's too short.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    becomes very obvious what is the main thing to know for this game, gets mentioned a lot about not spending money, or at least not too fast.
    there`s actualy nothing to do when you hit 60.
    there`s no pvp competition, just 2 dull bg`s.
    pve is also nothing.
  • Options
    tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Prepare to be disappointed
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Prepare to be disappointed

i liked your post better when it had: don`t spend money in it a few sec ago ;p
    people should get aware of it, before they meet the lockbox moneygrab.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    Stop coming to the forums.
  • Options
    drizztdourden21drizztdourden21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited August 2013
    join a guild
  • Options
    ukatoenasniukatoenasni Member Posts: 224 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    #1 tip:

DODGE.

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Go play FFXIV
  • Options
    seduiriseduiri Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    #1 tip:

DODGE.
    Is It bad that when i read this all i could think of was D.B.Z abridged and Picolo training Gohan to dodge

But yeah jokes aside. Pretty good advice learn to dodge or You.Will.Die.....more then likely in a fire...
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    1. Join a good guild

2. Do not spend any real money other than to support the developers. You can get the best gear in this game relatively quickly compared to other MMORPGs. You also need more skill than gear to complete the toughest dungeons so spending money and gearing up too quickly without mastering the game will still result in failed dungeon runs.
  • Options
    vatesbladevatesblade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26
    edited August 2013
    my most helpfull tip goes with what you have already said about changing you at wills buttons, set mouse button 3 (wheel cliclk) to forward move so you wont be wearing out your "W" key. also make a keybind to follow, type "/bind 9 follow" to set the 9 key to follow command. quests are far faster for lvling up than grinding. and last tip find a large guild that likes helping
  • Options
    ukatoenasniukatoenasni Member Posts: 224 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Seriously, the Piccolo school of Martial Arts will prepare you for every single encounter in the game.

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Best tip is as follow

I f you have money to burn take a trip and enjoy some nice vacations, do not invest that much money in this game
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    seduiri wrote: »
    Is It bad that when i read this all i could think of was D.B.Z abridged and Picolo training Gohan to dodge

But yeah jokes aside. Pretty good advice learn to dodge or You.Will.Die.....more then likely in a fire...

mmmmm a dbz mmo, now that's something I would like to play.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    Best tip is as follow

I f you have money to burn take a trip and enjoy some nice vacations, do not invest that much money in this game

Not necessarily the best tip.....but it is partly true. If however you like supporting the devs, then buy the packs to get that tier 3 mount.

Otherwise, you really do not need to spend money in this game to succeed and get to the highest levels
  • Options
    seduiriseduiri Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mmmmm a dbz mmo, now that's something I would like to play.

Who i the end boss? Mr.Popo?
    do you get a free sunday every third time you die?
    Also...DODGE!
  • Options
    filosofem666filosofem666 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just ignore kids in this forum who cry all the time about everything and that this game dies and the apocalypse is close and blah blah blah.This game is fun.And spend your astral diamonds wisely.:cool:
  • Options
    fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Just ignore kids in this forum who cry all the time about everything and that this game dies and the apocalypse is close and blah blah blah.This game is fun.And spend your astral diamonds wisely.:cool:

Good advice.

Get a good guild or structure of friends to run with.

Enjoy the ride. My first character when i hit 60 i bought 3 items with gold, 5 items off AH for really cheap, and traded in seals for another piece and BAM i was stomping T2's... On my subsequent characters i plan on taking longer, not spending anything and gearing up the legit way.

Dont pay much attention to the forums about changes, game dying, devs being money grubby. The people that dont care for the game are pretty big drama queens. (so far the game has completely died at least 17 times due to changes yet subscriber count keeps going up).

Have fun!
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Pressing L lets you acquire and redeem daily quests: you do not need to go talk to rhix.

I didn't figure this out till like..level 20. :(