test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Whats the best tip you would give a new player

2»

Comments

• lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Dont get sucked into the mirco transaction of the game. Dont spend a dime on it. Let the idiots in the world fund the game. Look at this mod 1 launch. This sub standard practice has been from the starting launch of the game. We still have bugs and exploits from open beta. Botz are ruining the game also.

Just never spend a dime on this game. try to even joy it. I would say in a year try it out if its still around in a year
  • waggiwiwaggiwi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    When you hit level 20 you will probably not have enough gold to buy a pony but you can get a lock box key and get 20 nightmare mounts (Sorry couldn't resist that one)

But yeah you might not have enough gold to buy a mount but you will probably have enough AD to buy a mount from the AH. Its also a nice way to make some extra AD if you have an excess of gold.
    Waggi - Crusader of Guild Medieval-

@waggiwi
    contact me in Neverwinter if you are interested in joining GM.

www.guildmedieval.com
  • bootyjoosbootyjoos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 54
    edited August 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Don't get side tracked by dungeons/skirmishes. Dungeons take an hour and whatever upgrades you get from them will be replaced within 3-4 levels. Skirmishes less time is wasted but they are both vastly inferior to quests for xp. I know having never seen them yet you will want to experience them, but don't worry, at 60 you can play through all of them again as epics =P
    Hi Cribs :)! I'd say that waiting around is the real time waster for dungeons. You're right that the exp isn't particularly good, but it's good experience for group play. The blues you can get are good for 8-10 levels. I was just levelling a rogue before I went on vacation, and this was my experience.

Professions: don't bother with other classes' armour crafting
    Companions: won't go wrong with the cleric, even if you're also a cleric. Man-at-arms might be better for some playstyles
  • furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Don't play a TR we're already overpopulated, we nid DC that one is in demand.
    SIGNATURE
  • veramisveramis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Don't play DC they just nerfed sunburst to generate half the AP of healing word.
  • zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    This is not a good game to start playing. It's close to impossible to make money ingame and almost all money comes from the cash shop. have fun though
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Be a new player in a different game..