test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Excited for today :)

rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Even with all my b%#%@ and moaning, I am excited to see the new content.

I am curious and intrigued how balances will work in class changes/and salvage/BOP changes.

But I am excited to try some new stuff!

Cya all tomorrow after patch! WOOO
We can pretend.
Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
- Dylan Thomas
Post edited by rollingonit on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I too am anxious to give the new content a try!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • seduiriseduiri Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am really really pumped (: i cant wait for tomorrow :D
    I cant wait to try opening lock boxes for that stag mount.
    And of course....DROW *squee*
    I was all dissapointed and grumpy thinking drow were not coming till a later patch but p.w.e. surprised us all. \ ^.^ / Thanks again for that <3

But the new content looks fun and i like the story.
  • seduiriseduiri Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    valwryn wrote: »
    I was excited about the Unicorns but now I can't get Charlie out of my head.

AAAAGH!!!
    I dont think you can get the unicorn unless you bought the pack. Perhap i am wrong and there is a different skin?
  • hwlrmnkyhwlrmnky Member Posts: 90
    edited August 2013
    I'm so new that I don't even have a character yet (I'm downloading an enormous patch right now) but an article on the new release drew me in. I have a really basic question: how does this game handle character death in combat? I've played a lot of games and some post-death rituals have been more painful/costly/time consuming than others.
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hwlrmnky wrote: »
    I'm so new that I don't even have a character yet (I'm downloading an enormous patch right now) but an article on the new release drew me in. I have a really basic question: how does this game handle character death in combat? I've played a lot of games and some post-death rituals have been more painful/costly/time consuming than others.

You get an injury that reduces your HP and spawn at a nearby campfire. Healing the injury requires either sitting around at a campfire for five minutes or using a health kit to get rid of, or you can just charge straight back out and ignore it, but if you die again you respawn with two injuries, their effects are cumulative. It's not too bad really. You'll have to run back through a dungeon if you respawned far away from where you died, but that's usually true of MMOs I think.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    seduiri wrote: »
    I dont think you can get the unicorn unless you bought the pack. Perhap i am wrong and there is a different skin?

You are mistaken. The zen store will also offer its own unicorn. Either this patch, or soon to follow. Screen shots have leaked out. It will be black\purple'ish and armored.
    edited August 2013
    I was excited about the Unicorns but now I can't get Charlie out of my head.

AAAAGH!!!

Applies underwater unicorn brain bleach!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwqXuMPsoc
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    You are mistaken. The zen store will also offer its own unicorn. Either this patch, or soon to follow. Screen shots have leaked out. It will be black\purple'ish and armored.

They also mentioned the dusk unicorn as a zen store item during the charity stream.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    They also mentioned the dusk unicorn as a zen store item during the charity stream.

But is there a..... Twilight unicorn???

twilight_sparkle___best_pony_by_dentist73548-d46coo4.png
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited August 2013
    NOOOOOO my eyes!!!

Need more brain bleach!!! 'da eyes, 'dey follow you!
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Applies underwater unicorn brain bleach!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwqXuMPsoc

Charlie The Unicorn. NO!!! NOT The VOICES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsGYh8AacgY

Ugh!! After reading that post I had those annoying voices in my head..Then I see your post and yep ugh!
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Great! Now I have Narwhals yelling Charlies name running through my brain. :mad:

**reaches for extra long q-tips to stab brain** :confused:

Unicorns are really EVIL
  • hwlrmnkyhwlrmnky Member Posts: 90
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for such a complete and helpful answer! That sounds liveable, well, re-liveable.
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was looking forward to it until I heard about the paygates for most of the content.

I'm tentatively looking forward to seeing if the Foundry changes can resurrect Foundry.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hwlrmnky wrote: »

Its the classic respawn point with no loss of xp or items - its pretty simplistic and painless - well except for the dying part - but you know what I mean....
  • ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dardove wrote: »

Dusk Unicorn is in the new video for Feywild they released today:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/65k2lr/neverwinter-fury-of-the-feywild-lore-trailer

Watch when they are riding - 2 on the Dawn Version, 1 on a Bear, other guy is on the Dusk Version - I expect that and a new companion will be released in the store either tomorrow on very soon after. I have heard mention of the companion, I think its called the "Sprite"
  • lhachmacarlhachmacar Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm surprised no one's made an "Oh, Cryptic took my frickin' kidney!" joke yet. ;-)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    *the mage laughs, shielding his eyes*

. . . . Okay, only here, only until Feywild releases.. just keep the pics, memes, and links clean for all ages please. Thanks!
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Its the classic respawn point with no loss of xp or items - its pretty simplistic and painless - well except for the dying part - but you know what I mean....

I think I remember losing xp when I died during a quest but can't remember since it was a long time ago.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
    edited August 2013
    I think I remember losing xp when I died during a quest but can't remember since it was a long time ago.

Never lost any here, and I use to die a lot so I am sure I probably would have negative leveled a lot in the beginning.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    There's no XP Penatly for death.
    If you lost XP at any time that would be a bug and should be reported accordingly. :)
    edited August 2013
    Great! Now I have Narwhals yelling Charlies name running through my brain. :mad:

**reaches for extra long q-tips to stab brain** :confused:

Unicorns are really EVIL

I am amazed at 42 I had never seen either of these things, and they are the kind of stuff I painstakingly look for - Thank you for bringing them to my attention, now this weekend I can infect...er...I mean...share with my friends!

BTW T-Minus 10 hours and counting, I am like a kid on Xmas Eve - No idea how I will sleep tonite!
  • nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hammering dents out of armor,sharpening sword,oiling leather,repairing saddle and harness,feed and water horse,gathering kits and potions,yep,I think I'm ready.
  • thegizzardthegizzard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't know anything about tomorrows big day, which makes it interesting. My expectations are going into tomorrow set at low. I do hope there's new Paragons.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Only a few more house now! Woohoo!
  • k4pnkrunchk4pnkrunch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Curse the world for requiring my services as an employee on such an eventful day!!
    Harlequinn - Lvl 60 Trickster Rogue
    [EX]Officer - Order of the Raven
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ive already told my partner that she may as well consider this evening a write off...
    & bless the fact my work pretty much does itself otherwise the past few months I would've achieved very little..lol
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am amazed at 42 I had never seen either of these things, and they are the kind of stuff I painstakingly look for - Thank you for bringing them to my attention, now this weekend I can infect...er...I mean...share with my friends!

BTW T-Minus 10 hours and counting, I am like a kid on Xmas Eve - No idea how I will sleep tonite!

Lol I can't sleep either. All this hype up I hope it don't fail and leave me disappointed again like gauntgrym;)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah... I clicked on the narwals link, now I can't sleep.

I do wish I could be here for 0 hour, but it wouldn't be responsible of me to get my sergeant major to cover the NOC rotation. Technical officer doesn't mean I only technically have to be there.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review