test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shield is broken on the test shard?

2»

Comments

• Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I guess, you misunderstood me. I said, in this instances there a low dropping places and you have time to recharge AS. I didn't say, that I do full clear or something. While you running, it's still possible to throw RoE, CoI or place a terrain to regain AP. As for golems - same. You still can throw some spells on them from GF spot, where they jumping.
  • Options
    meathook2099meathook2099 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    maybe it is an attempt to decrease the use of exploits and abuse of ai. You're hilarious, upset that devs are not making your speed runs any faster. Lol

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    Maybe it is an attempt to decrease the use of exploits and abuse of AI. You're hilarious, upset that Devs are not making your speed runs any faster. lol

people are not listening to what I'm saying. I am not a fan of exploits, but while exploits exist they are going to be used, that is just reality. I am saying that given the changes they are making to CW and the changes they are not making (fixing dungeon exploits etc) That people are just going to continue abusing AI but are going to need more CW's to do it, which makes other classes obsolete. This is not a pessimistic rant or someone who is just angry that their class got weaker.

I am saying that given the way things currently operate, groups take exact compositions and using all means available to make run as fast as possible. That when the expansion comes out the only logical conclusion that you can come to is that this will fix nothing, and only break it further by needing even more CW and even CW's specced simply for singu generation. That is not a direction I want to see the game go. I am simply saying these changes are being implemented wrong and it is not classes that need big nerfs but weak classes and exploitable content that needs buffed.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    hosdavehosdave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    You are absolutely forced to slot EF

Be careful. They'll deem that's broken too and "fix it."
  • Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    If you think, that ledge-pushing is an exploit, then you are wrong. It's intended tactics.
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you think, that ledge-pushing is an exploit, then you are wrong. It's intended tactics.

I wasn't referring to ledge-pushing. But there are plenty other exploits out there, including solo ranging Bosses in CN and other T2s, exploiting mob AI to have them follow you and jump to their deaths, which you can do to bosses too.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    people are not listening to what I'm saying. I am not a fan of exploits, but while exploits exist they are going to be used, that is just reality. I am saying that given the changes they are making to CW and the changes they are not making (fixing dungeon exploits etc) That people are just going to continue abusing AI but are going to need more CW's to do it, which makes other classes obsolete. This is not a pessimistic rant or someone who is just angry that their class got weaker.

I am saying that given the way things currently operate, groups take exact compositions and using all means available to make run as fast as possible. That when the expansion comes out the only logical conclusion that you can come to is that this will fix nothing, and only break it further by needing even more CW and even CW's specced simply for singu generation. That is not a direction I want to see the game go. I am simply saying these changes are being implemented wrong and it is not classes that need big nerfs but weak classes and exploitable content that needs buffed.

There are two things you have to keep in mind:

1) The majority of players are not level 60 yet or have alts who are under lvl 60

2) The majority of players will be running these dungeons at lvl 60 to complete the dungeons and not to farm. They're gonna be playing the game with the salvage epic system.
    they're not gonna care about speed runs. If the dungeons can't be completed with balanced groups then PW will have to make changes or the game is toast. People will only make a certain number of honest attempts to complete the dungeons before they say, "Forget this. It's too difficult."

The issues you're raising effect only a small fraction of the player base. QQ about speed runs isn't gonna get you much sympathy.

just sayin.
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited August 2013
    CWs will be fine. Most got lazy by having nonstop AS and shield pops. You will have plenty of time to build up AP before ledge locations and as far as CN is concerned I could care less. The final boss fight is just a horrible design. People can run Malabog during DD for a chance at CN weapons and not deal with the knockbot duty.
  • Options
    freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited August 2013

I don't think that will be very true because Shield Bumping is not entirely required when a Repel Mastery can do it too in just a little bit more time.
  • Options
    usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

1) The majority of players are not level 60 yet...
    2) The majority of players ...they're not gonna care about speed runs.
    The issues you're raising effect only a small fraction of the player base.

1. I'm quite sure more 60's have quit this game then there are players under 60. It takes very little time to get to 60. There are a gazillion level 60's
    2) they WILL care about speed runs as long as there is a DD chest and there is a timer on it. Even if not a chest, efficiency is natural, and there will still be speed runs.
    3. THe issues affect ALL players, already 60 or any player who eventually becomes 60, meaning just about everyone.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    people are not listening to what I'm saying.

I hear you. Many CN groups already run with 3 cw's, (good groups doing mass pulls) , or for extra security on Draco (bad groups).

I as well expect to see the rise of 3/4 cw grps , depending on the dungeon. Not saying thats its necessary, just that i expect to see that trend.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    What i hope for is that it becomes viable not to slot shield at all. I'd much rather be dps'ing then recasting shield.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

1) The majority of players are not level 60 yet or have alts who are under lvl 60

2) The majority of players will be running these dungeons at lvl 60 to complete the dungeons and not to farm. They're gonna be playing the game with the salvage epic system.
    they're not gonna care about speed runs. If the dungeons can't be completed with balanced groups then PW will have to make changes or the game is toast. People will only make a certain number of honest attempts to complete the dungeons before they say, "Forget this. It's too difficult."

The issues you're raising effect only a small fraction of the player base. QQ about speed runs isn't gonna get you much sympathy.

just sayin.

Are you serious? I am very casual and I have all classes but cleric at 60 and my cleric is 54, I stopped playing him at 30 and he's leveled 24 times from prayer/leadership. In leveling up those 5 characters I almost never came across another low level that didn't say this was his 2nd, 3rd, or even 5th alt like me. And even if you aren't 60 yet it takes what 5 days of casual playing to get there, and then another 2 days to get decked out in T1. Even if you just started playing this game you will be facing T2 farming to gear up your main character within 2 weeks, this effects EVERYONE.

Just think if you were a GF or GWF just starting out. By the time you get to 60 module 1 has been out for a week or so, and groups are already adapting to runs by taking more CW. Sure you can get into T1's, they are np. But then how do you get your T2? Pug and fail 75%+ of dungeons? Try to find a good guild even though that is your only character and you have 9k gs? (unlikely) Chances are you're stuck with farm T1 until you can just buy T2 gear, which is total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and that's not how it should be.
    I don't think that will be very true because Shield Bumping is not entirely required when a Repel Mastery can do it too in just a little bit more time.

That's true repel works just as well, but repel has to be on tab. So after you throw out a singu and repel them over the edge how much AP do you have? maybe 5%? Is your group going to sit there and wait for you to lightning pillar back to a full AP bar before next pull? No, they're going to take 3 CW's so you can rotate and always have one up.

Realize that I'm not bashing the class or any specific abilities, I'm saying that given the setup we will have on the 22nd the devs are effectively making fighters obsolete for 90% of T2 Runs (probably still take a GF for FH, thats about it). Sure you can get into a pug but let me know how that turns out...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    That's true repel works just as well, but repel has to be on tab. So after you throw out a singu and repel them over the edge how much AP do you have? maybe 5%?

No more like 20%-30%. Unless you just stand there and do nothing between Singularity and Repel, which in that case it will be around 15%.
    Is your group going to sit there and wait for you to lightning pillar back to a full AP bar before next pull? No, they're going to take 3 CW's so you can rotate and always have one up.

Dont be silly. Why? do you farm CN as a solo CW? there is another CW, often with EF on tab, waiting with a full bar of AP after that punt. I dont know about how you run CN, but on my runs both CWs alternate Singularities. I am the one using Repel, and often I am sitting at full bar of AP just waiting to throw down a Singularity. I even sometimes use an Ice Knife where there is no need for a Singularity, knowing that in under 25sec I can have a full bar of AP. Why all this exaggeration, like it is the end of the world because of the Shield AP gain nerf? The only thing that this nerf may, and I emphasize "may", do is make sure the CWs are on top of their game to not screw up punts. Groups who already take 3CWs, will continue to do so. Others who just go in with 2CWs, nothing will really change.

That said I do not like the mechanic of this fight. People are spending way too much energy worrying about AP generation instead of asking the Devs to freaking change the mechanic of punting over invisible walls and BUGGING the mobs to force them not to respawn back in the fight. To me, this is the most ridiculous end-end-game boss fight mechanic I have seen in any MMO. And I dont mean ridiculous as in difficult (although it can be for new groups in CN), but more like a messed up mechanic that needs to be exploited to counter it.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ok so maybe you can get 1-2 rotations of an at-will off during the singu (I don't know why you would do that as you're about to kill all of the mobs instantly anyway) but lets say one of those crit and you're feated to give 5% ap on a crit. There is no way repel on tab gives 12-22% AP, I have 3500 recov, have the AP on crit feat and I get no where near that for a repel.

Not only is shield now garbage at AP gen but it has a minimum of ~13 second cd. (thats with my 3500 recov and the 10% cd feat) and a ~1.5 second cast time. So at the very best case scenario if you are the only CW is one bump every 15 seconds, and to attain that you need EF on tab.

So lets take CN for example, I actually have done it as the only CW, it is not fun and I don't run it that way if I don't have to. Lets talk about having only 2 CW's for draco. 1 has to have repel on tab, his AP gain will be less than half of what is right now with shield pop. The other CW can have EF on tab, but will still have slower AP gain that before. So once they both use Singu another singu is not ready yet, EF wizard will have his fairly soon, but it will take twice as long if not more for the repel wizard to have another singu, and even with current AP generation you don't instantly have another one b/c you have repel on tab that generates <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> AP.

I'm Just saying that this is going to inevitably make 3 CW's at CN the norm, and 2 CW's in all other dungeons the norm. It either forces us to use EF on tab, or have <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> AP generation, and I don't know about you guys but I like having build variety. I agree devs have to change mechanics. Nerfing our AP generation is the wrong way to do it is all I'm saying. Give us more reasons to take the fighter along, don't just try to give us less reasons to take the wizard, this is going to backfire and make even more wizards needed I'm telling you...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ok so maybe you can get 1-2 rotations of an at-will off during the singu (I don't know why you would do that as you're about to kill all of the mobs instantly anyway) but lets say one of those crit and you're feated to give 5% ap on a crit. There is no way repel on tab gives 12-22% AP, I have 3500 recov, have the AP on crit feat and I get no where near that for a repel.

Not only is shield now garbage at AP gen but it has a minimum of ~13 second cd. (thats with my 3500 recov and the 10% cd feat) and a ~1.5 second cast time. So at the very best case scenario if you are the only CW is one bump every 15 seconds, and to attain that you need EF on tab.

So lets take CN for example, I actually have done it as the only CW, it is not fun and I don't run it that way if I don't have to. Lets talk about having only 2 CW's for draco. 1 has to have repel on tab, his AP gain will be less than half of what is right now with shield pop. The other CW can have EF on tab, but will still have slower AP gain that before. So once they both use Singu another singu is not ready yet, EF wizard will have his fairly soon, but it will take twice as long if not more for the repel wizard to have another singu, and even with current AP generation you don't instantly have another one b/c you have repel on tab that generates <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> AP.

I'm Just saying that this is going to inevitably make 3 CW's at CN the norm, and 2 CW's in all other dungeons the norm. It either forces us to use EF on tab, or have <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> AP generation, and I don't know about you guys but I like having build variety. I agree devs have to change mechanics. Nerfing our AP generation is the wrong way to do it is all I'm saying. Give us more reasons to take the fighter along, don't just try to give us less reasons to take the wizard, this is going to backfire and make even more wizards needed I'm telling you...

Why would you want to do 1-2 Rotations of At-Will, use Steal Time, use Icy terrain, on a group of mobs you're about to toss over? Easy, to generate AP. Isn't that what you will be having issues with? So if it is not passive AP gen, or a big burst of AP that can fill at least 50% of your bar, the class is broken? I am not sure if you even tried Repel on tab. I have 3/5 Controlling action and 5/5 Critical Power with 3269 Recovery, I consistently get 17%-33% using Repel on a group of mobs inside the Singularity. The average is about 22%. I am not just making assumptions. I do this every day. Recently, even the other CW that runs with me, stopped using EF on tab and replaced it with Repel. Meaning not only do we not get the AP from EF on tab, but also use shield very sparingly. So it is as if we're already playing with the new changes in place. Trust me, there is PLENTY of AP being generated if you actually cycle through your powers instead of just relying on 2. Yes it is going to be harder to solo CW CN, but definitely dont need 3CWs to do it. And I repeat, the issue is the mechanic of the fight, not the AP gen of a class.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Are you serious? I am very casual and I have all classes but cleric at 60 and my cleric is 54, I stopped playing him at 30 and he's leveled 24 times from prayer/leadership. In leveling up those 5 characters I almost never came across another low level that didn't say this was his 2nd, 3rd, or even 5th alt like me. And even if you aren't 60 yet it takes what 5 days of casual playing to get there, and then another 2 days to get decked out in T1. Even if you just started playing this game you will be facing T2 farming to gear up your main character within 2 weeks, this effects EVERYONE.

Just think if you were a GF or GWF just starting out. By the time you get to 60 module 1 has been out for a week or so, and groups are already adapting to runs by taking more CW. Sure you can get into T1's, they are np. But then how do you get your T2? Pug and fail 75%+ of dungeons? Try to find a good guild even though that is your only character and you have 9k gs? (unlikely) Chances are you're stuck with farm T1 until you can just buy T2 gear, which is total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and that's not how it should be.

That's true repel works just as well, but repel has to be on tab. So after you throw out a singu and repel them over the edge how much AP do you have? maybe 5%? Is your group going to sit there and wait for you to lightning pillar back to a full AP bar before next pull? No, they're going to take 3 CW's so you can rotate and always have one up.

Realize that I'm not bashing the class or any specific abilities, I'm saying that given the setup we will have on the 22nd the devs are effectively making fighters obsolete for 90% of T2 Runs (probably still take a GF for FH, thats about it). Sure you can get into a pug but let me know how that turns out...

I have a geared lvl 60 CW.
    What I'm saying is that all the players that start this game next week and beyond will be playing the game as it will be and not as it was. They can listen to existing players tell them how awesome it was to bump mobs over barriers and chain singularity but they'll have to develop their own strategies to beat dungeons.
    If the bosses are unbeatable the game will be toast period.
    Game mechanics will have to be changed. That's obvious.
    All this ranting and QQ isn't about that and you know it.
    It's about farming AD and how the changes effect farmers and their ability to exploit existing game mechanics to skip content and get to the chest as quickly as possible. PW has to fix the mechanics of boss fights, allow players to be replaced when they quit
    and reduce the number of or the strength of the ads.
    Simple as that.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Everyone keeps trying to say that I think this changes are class breaking... The class will do fine, it is simply fact however that we will have less than half the AP generation that we used to and therefore will need more wizards.

My entire argument is as follows: This patch is going to make already marginalized fighter classes even less likely than they already are to get in groups by making more CW's mandatory.

@meat Yes PW does have to fix the mechanics, because until they do fix the mechanics people are not going to develop new strategies, they are going to use whatever is the fastest, even if that means 3 CW's in a T2.
  • Options
    undyinundyin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have 3500 recov

This is all I had to read to know you are bad.

Example: The softcap for recovery hovers roughly 2500-2600. So that is gimping you for that 1k extra you have in that to equivalent to 200 non-capped.... Waste.

Try running Tabbed CoI, Icy Terrain, Steal time, (and now after patch) Sudden storm. You will have pleanty of CC as the mobs will be frozen ever 2-3 seconds + steal time. and they FIXED icy terrain and sudden storm so they now crit. Which upon testing shows crits in upwards to 13-15k on sudden storm. Now. Problem solved? I max DPS in dungeons WITHOUT pushing "gasp" top of the charts 80% of the time when running with guildies. No problem. the only fight that it is going to have a tremendous impact is at CN. they want you to kill the mobs now. Not push them. I give a +1 to the shield nerf (albeit a bit too much) but still it was readily needed to make people look into balanced groups. Which are still by far the best in my own personal opinion.
  • Options
    monkeydluffyopmonkeydluffyop Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    @Crib
    Sorry I cant help but agree with this guy. I mean maybe some of these people don't have jobs but I do. so if everyone Is using exploits to clear dungeons fast and I have less time than the average player of course im going to do whatever I can to keep up. Crib is 10000000% right in all his assessments. been playing a month. only put money in game once for respect token. 11.8k gs with nightmare mount. how? fast CN runs. 3 CW. we do runs in about 45-50 min pre patch. Anyone who doesn't see it this way is simply being unrealistic. so enjoy your dungeons that take twice as long because your guildies are willing to waste more time. I wouldn't expect as much out of good pugs.
  • Options
    monkeydluffyopmonkeydluffyop Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Also someone stated previously that Sudden Storm and another move I forget which can crit now? well this is quite a big deal and would be pretty nice however I read not 1 such thing in the patch notes. so either they are not letting the community know if these changes are live or your incorrect in your statement. Im not flaming you here im just saying, where did you get this info? just from testing? please tell
  • Options
    freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited August 2013
    Also someone stated previously that Sudden Storm and another move I forget which can crit now? well this is quite a big deal and would be pretty nice however I read not 1 such thing in the patch notes. so either they are not letting the community know if these changes are live or your incorrect in your statement. Im not flaming you here im just saying, where did you get this info? just from testing? please tell

In case you are not already aware, Sudden Storm can indeed crit now.
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Probaly a stupid question, but what spell is EF short for?:)
  • Options
    stoxbox1stoxbox1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    Probaly a stupid question, but what spell is EF short for?:)

Entangling Force.
  • Options
    zekzt87zekzt87 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In case you are not already aware, Sudden Storm can indeed crit now.

Imho its still quite crappy ability :)
    I swap it with conduit of ice anyday.

Btw about the sheild itself - i didnt observed any strange things after patch, i use it as before mostly on mastery slot [imho this is very underestimated skill - especially in mastery slot, when you can push mobs quite far and reduce incoming damage even harder] and everything seems to be fine.

As for AP generation - sure its slower now but its not so tragic like people describe it [CoI + ST still do the job fine and Shield Explosion still is usefull to push trash from ledges :)]
    0prg.jpg