test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nerfs across the board but no Permastealth nerf?

taurnilelensartaurnilelensar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
I see plenty of Nerfing here but not what needs to be done!
If the Monsters are being nerfed to compensate the class nerfing you need to state it. End Game is barely playable now. The peeps in the Twitch Marathon broadcast were geared up to the point I can't even get to, level 10 enchantments, could not finish the Delv.
I have multiple Classes, all but the DC. I have a Rouge build for PvE not PvP.
Why is Cryptic destroying the PvE end of the game for the sake of a few in PvP?
Instead of doing what needs to be done and SEPARATE the game mechanics between the to play types?
It would be the best and most fair thing to do.
PVE guilds are collapsing because members just are not playing. Peeps are not signing on because they feel that the game is stacked against them.

So where is the permastealth Nerf?

"Trickster Rogue
Cloud of Steel: This power now has 8 maximum charges, down from 12.
Cloud of Steel: Momentum is no longer maintained when jumping and throwing daggers.
Duelist's Flurry: This power no longer incorrectly gains slightly too much of a benefit from the Power stat.
Duelist's Flurry: When the bleed portion of this power is at 10 stacks, further applications now recalculate damage in addition to refreshing the duration.
Gloaming Cut: This power works best as an execute, but lacked the damage to fill that role. To help it better serve its function, it now deals up to 50% more damage (at max rank) based on the target's missing health. In addition, rank 3 of the power now provides more Stealth on kill, and rank 1 provides slightly less.
Lurker's Assault: This power now grants 15 / 20 / 25% bonus damage, down from 20 / 40 / 60%.
Lurker's Assault: This power now teleports the player to the targeted enemy, if an enemy is targeted.
Lurker's Assault: This power can no longer be canceled by Disable effects.
Shadow Strike: This power no longer incorrectly gains slightly too much of a benefit from the Power stat.
Sly Flourish: The benefit this power gains from the Power stat has been slightly reduced.
Wicked Reminder: This power no longer incorrectly gains slightly too much of a benefit from the Power stat.
Feat: Speed Swindle: This feat is now properly considered a Control effect for calculations and procs."

I don't see it listed, where is it ?
If anyone on TV tells you they can make life fair they are liars!! :rolleyes:
Post edited by taurnilelensar on

Comments

• Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, 8 daggers instead of 12 may make some perma-stealths cry. A well geard PS Rogue could take down my CW just with 12 daggers. We'll see about 8.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Lurker's was just cut in half. Coming after the nerfs to Shocking Execution and Sneak Attack, it's a pretty hard hit. The decrease in the number of daggers from Clouds of Steel is also quite significant since it takes the damage down by over a third - anyone who dies to cloud of steel now either has no mitigation or is dealing with a top-geared (and lucky) TR. The removing momentum from jumping dagger throwers removes a cheesy tactic that some people were using to significant effect.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    verydrowsyverydrowsy Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Permastealth is annoying because it feels unfair but being in stealth is not as potent as people think it is. With the dagger-throwing reduction, the stealth built TR's are not going to be what they were.

On the other hand, as a TR, the following nerfs seriously SHOULD have been implemented to the other classes:

1. GF re-use time on the knockback should be 3x longer what it is currently. Also, blocks should be much more restricted to the direction they face with their shield.
    2. Range on CW powers that disable opponents should never be longer than 60'.
    3. GWF are basically as tough as GF and damage like a TR. Make up your mind here - either severely nerf their immunities and self-heal options or severely nerf their damage options. My suggestion is they should have great AoE and close-quarters defense but vulnerable to ranged attack and attacks from the rear.
    4. Why oh why would anyone nerf anything on the DC - they should definitely get some love - I'd like to see something where they can augment an ally's attacks and as a rider, get "Credit" for that damage / kills.
  • Options
    oregonizeoregonize Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I swear...if I hear one more person talk about how important to this game nerfing perma-stealth rogues is, i'm going to puke. Pull your heads out of the sand and realize that there are for more pressing issues than your perceived lack of inbalance in PvP. While you are at it, get it through your incredibly thick heads that perma-stealth IS NOT OP. Every second that the devs are spending on class balance is time that should have been spent on more content!! Every patch of nerfs results in more and more people saying they are going to leave. You know what for sure doesn't lead to people quitting the game? MORE CONTENT!

The fact that all of the complaints about balance come from PvP play when there is only 1 mode and are only 2 maps is ASTOUNDING!!!! Please stop whining about balance and start crying about more PvP maps and content. Afterall, it's painfully obvious that everyone crying for balance is referring to PvP....
  • Options
    taurnilelensartaurnilelensar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    oregonize wrote: »
    I swear...if I hear one more person talk about how important to this game nerfing perma-stealth rogues is, i'm going to puke. Pull your heads out of the sand and realize that there are for more pressing issues than your perceived lack of inbalance in PvP. While you are at it, get it through your incredibly thick heads that perma-stealth IS NOT OP. Every second that the devs are spending on class balance is time that should have been spent on more content!! Every patch of nerfs results in more and more people saying they are going to leave. You know what for sure doesn't lead to people quitting the game? MORE CONTENT!

The fact that all of the complaints about balance come from PvP play when there is only 1 mode and are only 2 maps is ASTOUNDING!!!! Please stop whining about balance and start crying about more PvP maps and content. Afterall, it's painfully obvious that everyone crying for balance is referring to PvP....

You are missing my point, You and I are in agreement in part, They are nerfing all the classes making PVE harder, meanwhile the one glaring nerf the needs to be done seems to be totally ignored. Permastealth. PvP is more than 2 arena maps don't forget Gauntlgrym. The current newest content in the game, the PvP part is nearly unplayable if the opposing team has 2 or 3 permastealth Rouges. the only reason I play PvP is for my guild and the AD. I do not like PvP play in a RPGMMO. I was very disappointed when I discovered the GG has a PvP element. You obviously did not read my post BTW
    If anyone on TV tells you they can make life fair they are liars!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    oregonize wrote: »
    I swear...if I hear one more person talk about how important to this game nerfing perma-stealth rogues is, i'm going to puke.

Permastealth rogues are OP and must be nerfed, because it's vital for the health of the endgame. /waiting for the stated reaction/
  • Options
    oregonizeoregonize Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Permastealth rogues are OP and must be nerfed, because it's vital for the health of the endgame. /waiting for the stated reaction/

i see what you did there :p
  • Options
    horatio112358horatio112358 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As a rouge player myself, i think the updates are ****. The dagger count and the 60% damage reduction arent what annoys me. The fact that we lose momentum is. Seriously, DF takes a LONG time to charge up, and me and my target have to be still in order to use it. Same with cloud of steel, the rouge has absolutely no mobility and has serious trouble hitting anyone that is trying to get away. The rouge is very quickly going to damage dealer to punching bag.
  • Options
    honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The number of rogue players who can't spell their class name never ceases to amaze me.
  • Options
    jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Now that is funny... colorful and funny...
    The number of rogue players who can't spell their class name never ceases to amaze me.
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wait..... Lurkers now has a built in deft strike and cant be interrupted. and omg the buff to gloaming!
    *eyes sparkle* oooo

ok they are nerfing the general dps and crit rates of every class, notice clerics and CW are getting a cut in AP generation
    GWF are getting cuts in deflection as well.

they aren't trying to nerf pvp at all. All the nerfs seem to have some buffs attached as well. the nerf consistency implies that they very well may not affect pvp much at all. they mostly seem to either be bug fixes or a consistant attempt to lower DPS.
    Maybe they are trying to make the game... Harder because people complain it is to easy.
  • Options
    abacuserabacuser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm still sitting shocked and surprised by the announcment... no, I think the word is actually: Tired

CLEARLY (sorry for caps) the dev team are not playing end game PVP. No, no, no, you aren't.

If they were they would have noticed that:
    1. Clerics need love too.
    2. Rogue stealth is a problem. Especially in a combo with immunity (wtf?). Broken as intended?

Further on, why aren't they fixing match making? Playing with/against a 7k GS is boring as hell and makes 3 out of 4 PVP rounds drop players.

I played 7-8 rounds straight yesterday where none of them ended due to players dropping. Sure, even higher GS player drop against GWF that are too hard to kill and TR running around insta killing what comes in their path from stealth.

Oh, and to the PVE players. I'm just as sorry as you. They should separate PVE from PVP. Frustration is however multiplied with pi (3,14) in PVP.
  • Options
    battlestationvbattlestationv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wait..... Lurkers now has a built in deft strike and cant be interrupted. and omg the buff to gloaming!
    *eyes sparkle* oooo

ok they are nerfing the general dps and crit rates of every class, notice clerics and CW are getting a cut in AP generation
    GWF are getting cuts in deflection as well.

they aren't trying to nerf pvp at all. All the nerfs seem to have some buffs attached as well. the nerf consistency implies that they very well may not affect pvp much at all. they mostly seem to either be bug fixes or a consistant attempt to lower DPS.
    Maybe they are trying to make the game... Harder because people complain it is to easy.

uh the nerf to hammer of fate is huge and the supposed added effect is pretty bunk it just seems slapped together , the AP generation didnt really need a nerf either we werent spamming dailies or anything clerics could have used a nice buff in survival not a nerf .
  • Options
    creolegamercreolegamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    perma-stealth is indeed getting nerf'd. Yes TR's will be running around unseen but they'll be trying to kill players with snowballs at hand. This nerf would force perma-rogues to leave stealth in order to dent the hp bars of other classes. Take some time to read the perma-stealth guide and you'll see how this affects them indirectly.
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Trickster Rogue
    Cloud of Steel: Momentum is no longer maintained when jumping and throwing daggers.

Duelist's Flurry: This power no longer incorrectly gains slightly too much of a benefit from the Power stat.
    Duelist's Flurry: When the bleed portion of this power is at 10 stacks, further applications now recalculate damage in addition to refreshing the duration.
    Gloaming Cut: This power works best as an execute, but lacked the damage to fill that role. To help it better serve its function, it now deals up to 50% more damage (at max rank) based on the target's missing health. In addition, rank 3 of the power now provides more Stealth on kill, and rank 1 provides slightly less.
    Lurker's Assault: This power now grants 15 / 20 / 25% bonus damage, down from 20 / 40 / 60%.
    Lurker's Assault: This power now teleports the player to the targeted enemy, if an enemy is targeted.
    Shadow Strike: This power no longer incorrectly gains slightly too much of a benefit from the Power stat.
    Sly Flourish: The benefit this power gains from the Power stat has been slightly reduced.

Wicked Reminder: This power no longer incorrectly gains slightly too much of a benefit from the Power stat.
    Feat: Speed Swindle: This feat is now properly considered a Control effect for calculations and procs."

Hi. I'll bold out the ones that basically kill a permastealth's offensive capabilities.

Cloud of Steel: This is one of the main at-wills used by us. Down from 12 charges to 8, this skill no longer has the rewards it used to have back then. I foresee more rogues playing with Shadow Strike, Dazing Strike, Impossible to Catch + Duelist's Fury in order to get crits and bleeds in. The only way 8 Charges of Cloud of Steel can kill someone now is via the use of the Legendary Iliyanbruen TR Set and 7x Greater Tenebrous Enchantments. Otherwise, the opponent is fairly undergeared to die from 8 charges of CoS. Or the TR is armed to the teeth with Perfect Vorpal, BiS gear etc.

Lurker's Assault: This is (will be "was") the Daily that allowed permastealth (or any TR's for that matter) to deal an increased amount of damage for 10 seconds. Just 10 seconds which TR's like to get the most out of. So they start unloading their Lashing Blades, Cloud of Steel and Impact Shots at this point and kill people. AP Generation for TR's however is absurdly slow so we only get to do this in PVP at certain situations. Now it only grants 25% damage. Usable, but not as much as before.

This skill also teleports a TR to a foe. This can be a good thing or a bad thing. Good for Executioner TR's who do not use permastealth. Bad for Permastealth TR's whose main weapon and mode of defense is to stay as far away as possible from the opponents.

Shadow Strike: Gone are the days we could kill people with this via a nice crit on low HP CW's. Not too much of a loss but still contributes to damage.

Sly Flourish: The at-will permastealth TR's use when out of CoS charges. Or any TR out of CoS for that matter. It's fast, reliable, and now deals slightly less damage thanks to it not benefiting to the Power stat as much as before.

The permastealth build, stealth-based builds, and the entirety of the TR population's DPS has been reduced. Not just the build alone. However there are a lot of other ways in order to get insane burst for PVP, to the point that it may still 1 - 2 shot people. Provided the TR have power stacked, using the Master Assassin 4pc set bonus (+1450 Power when using a Daily), Invisible Infiltrator (+15% Damage Bonus), have Brutal Backstab and Perfect Vorpal (+75% Crit Severity) and has the Overrun Critical (+35% damage of Critical Severity on next attack) buff active, he can still get insane numbers via this strategy.

- Use Lurker's Assault to teleport to your opponent and get the +25% damage increase
    - Then use Impossible to Catch feated with Scoundrel's Press the Advantage for +10% Power (will not go out of stealth since it's used in Lurker's Assault)
    - Lashing Blade from Stealth for a guaranteed critical hit.

And that's just one theoretical way to do this. The TR community will surely come up with other ways. TR's specialize in dealing damage in bursts. If they're doing too much damage compared to the other classes, then clearly they are doing their roles right. We are primarily strikers. Permastealth TR's mixed that role with our defensive mechanic, Stealth, and do not have the means to deal as much burst as that after the patch. It's either you get your kills slowly in the shadows, or you get them fast by being an Executioner/Scoundrel.
  • Options
    breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I see plenty of Nerfing here but not what needs to be done!
    If the Monsters are being nerfed to compensate the class nerfing you need to state it. End Game is barely playable now. The peeps in the Twitch Marathon broadcast were geared up to the point I can't even get to, level 10 enchantments, could not finish the Delv.
    I have multiple Classes, all but the DC. I have a Rouge build for PvE not PvP.
    Why is Cryptic destroying the PvE end of the game for the sake of a few in PvP?
    Instead of doing what needs to be done and SEPARATE the game mechanics between the to play types?
    It would be the best and most fair thing to do.
    PVE guilds are collapsing because members just are not playing. Peeps are not signing on because they feel that the game is stacked against them.

So where is the permastealth Nerf?

"Trickster Rogue

I don't see it listed, where is it ?

Threads like these are what lead to these nerfs you are crying about. You are part of the problem with this game.
  • Options
    jimcrocejimcroce Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm sorry that whomever is burdened with reading this first may not be the one responsible for which I require assistance. I am no particular player of importance, yet I fear these times call for a vanguard or hero if you will. I Jim Croce, Protector of Neverwinter, cleric of Kelemvor, and Defender of the faiths will take this responsibility. It has come to knowledge that changes will be coming soon to the population of protectors enclave, most especially changes to my fellow keepers of faith. This is why I have contacted you today by messenger bird Lord Cryptic. I may not have the glory of being a lord of your stature but, I have spent many a time protecting your realm, and have a following, a quild if you will, devoted to my cause. I must hear from your lips that the following amendments to your law are final and true: #1 My hammer may only deliver 3/5 the justice to neverwinters enemys. #2 I must require much more time preparing my hallow ground from battle. If these are truths you speak then, mark my words Lord Cryptic, Jim Croce and his followers will find a new realm to protect, and a new beneficiary for their copper. I expect that you will make haste in response since the times are so dire.

With wavering loyally,
    You don't mess around with Jim
  • Options
    llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I didn't read most replies but from testing on PTR:

- perma is still viable spec, yes its 50% lurkers nerf + 50% daggers nerf + no momentum, but the fact that you can still contest point 24/7 still remains.

Also, lurkers is used to stay in stealth mostly, the dmg is just a bonus.

Instead of nerfing executioner tree they nerf the powers/mechanics of the rogue, doesn't even make sense, rogues will still roam around 1 shotting CWs and contest points 24/7 after the patch, nice job cryptic team!
  • Options
    balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They try to use the wrong way to fix perma stealth build by adding some change to the class.
    The at wills reducing stealth testing was an example.

But they should use another way about environment and counter.

It's really simple when you think like that.

FOR PVE.

-They just need to give the abillity for each dungeon BOSS to see the unseen and also for each powerfull dungeon trash who are not basic.
    It's a basic thing used by most of the MMORPG to avoid PVE exploits considering the stealh class.
    Boss and big trash are immune to CC daze, stun and slow, but are still blind ?????
    It makes no sense.

FOR PVP.

Add TRUE counters aginst stealh user and don't try to change the stealth mode class each months.

-Simple idea

Give the DC astral shield encounter the ability to break the stealh mode inside the circle.
    It will be more tactic for PVP but you can also imagine new epic dungeon PVE encounter with this ability.

It's just an idea but it's really bad to see there are not usefull skill designed to have a true counter against stealh mode.
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, 8 daggers instead of 12 may make some perma-stealths cry. A well geard PS Rogue could take down my CW just with 12 daggers. We'll see about 8.

If you are being serious about what you just typed , then you completely missed the point of PS rogues .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    senandrien3senandrien3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah lets break perma stealth so we can one shot rogues in 1 milisecond. Congratulations to the whiners. Lurkers assault and Cloud of steel nerf, destroyed the class today.
  • Options
    germmaniacgermmaniac Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited August 2013

:p

And yeah, the suggestion that devs should concentrate on content and not class balance is rubbish. While new content may keep a few players back as well as attract new players, the frustration building up with class imbalances will just lead to a lot more rage quits. Adding new content (in timely manner) is a completely valid suggestion if this was a PvE only game. Unless the new content includes gear that acts as a workaround to fixing the imbalance (i.e. better gear for the weaker classes ) is the only way that new content can satisfy both players. However, Devs need to split their time to address both issues.
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    With the current changes to CoS and Lurkers Assault Perma Stealth rouges will still be able to be always remain stealthed, but they're damage will be laughable, because they give up a lot of their DPS for recovery and they relied on these skills to build up damage.

Cryptic clearly thinks it's a fair build, but if they're going to use it...

... their going to hit like anorexic babies lol.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    unholydragonkingunholydragonking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Balance for PvP... Make PvE harder, because that's always a good idea... *Facepalm*
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What a joke the TRs have become, all because PVP players were mad at them.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    metaplexusmetaplexus Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah lets break perma stealth so we can one shot rogues in 1 milisecond. Congratulations to the whiners. Lurkers assault and Cloud of steel nerf, destroyed the class today.

If you call LA and CoS nerfs class breaking, then you have no idea how to play a rogue.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    llantiss wrote: »
    I didn't read most replies but from testing on PTR:

- perma is still viable spec, yes its 50% lurkers nerf + 50% daggers nerf + no momentum, but the fact that you can still contest point 24/7 still remains.

Also, lurkers is used to stay in stealth mostly, the dmg is just a bonus.

Instead of nerfing executioner tree they nerf the powers/mechanics of the rogue, doesn't even make sense, rogues will still roam around 1 shotting CWs and contest points 24/7 after the patch, nice job cryptic team!

Lantis - The issue is the combat team that makes these sort of decisions has no idea how the game is actually played. Even when you watch the NW Stream the players behind the keyboard are about average players. The company needs pro games that know the mechanic's and creative builds so they can assist in the right direction.
  • Options
    tancred300tancred300 Member Posts: 58
    edited August 2013
    And i thought the recent tournament showed at least the mindflayer players that a perma-stealth rogue is inferior to a well rounded rogue in pvp. And i dont even think its fun in premade vs premade.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tancred300 wrote: »
    And i thought the recent tournament showed at least the mindflayer players that a perma-stealth rogue is inferior to a well rounded rogue in pvp. And i dont even think its fun in premade vs premade.

Yes, this is well known. However, it has not yet stopped the endless complaints about TR's and stealth. Permastealth rogues are very easy to kill for every other class, and a guildy pointed out to me the other night that even TR's have an ability that can hit a stealthed rogue.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    creolegamercreolegamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What if i tell you that you can effectively counter a build that sacrifices a lot with a build that sacrifices a little, would you believe me?

A perma rogue has to choose specific ability scores when creating their character; they must level these scores with each opportunity they get ignoring more dps orienting or class specific scores; must choose certain feats to compliment the build; must fill their offensive enchant slots with silvery enchants for recovery; must use 2 particular encounters every time they pvp (shadow strike and bait n switch) which do nothing to your hp; they give up their usefulness in grp pve coz' perma stealth is only useful for pvp and solo play and even if they switch gear and powers to run a dungeon....they invested all their ability scores in freakin' intelligence and chose feats to last longer in stealth rather than more dps capabilities.

My problem with complainers is that they spend all this time arguing how OP being invisible is that they fail to realize that if they switch out only 1 or 2 encounters from their norm pvp setup to hit the unseen rogue(preferably w/ a Dot), maybe equipping a second weapon with a Bilethorn enchant can work too then they can beat the PTR w/ less effort put into a build than they put into theirs. It has been brought to my attention that bilethorn drains stealth faster than other dots, havent tested it myself but still.....dots drain stealth! Little sacrifices can be made in order to defeat perma rogues but players want to use their same gear and skill combination to beat every build in the game and call that balance. At the end of the day you can switch back to your original skill setup and gear and run epics or more pvp and own while the perma TR can only slap other complainers with his wet sponge in another domination or GG match. Nerfing TR's damage nerf'd perma stealth by a lot but most dont even know the 1st thing about the perma-stealth build's limitations to begin with. Oh btw i'm not a PTR, i just dont like all the complaints.