test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please Stop the DC nerfs going live

mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Temple
Nerfing Hammer of Fate is the worst thing you can do to us poor lowly Clerics. The ONLY thing worth going to pvp for as a DC was for the possible chance to 1-shot a too squishy CW or TR. The Hammer is easily avoidable/mitigated and you get maybe 3-5 CHANCES of it going off due to how long it takes to build in pvp. In the meantime you have CW's running around with Ice Knife and TR's with their 1-shot ability.

Why do you hate us so much Cryptic? Honestly is all you want us to do is pve casting circles and sunbursts endlessly? Pvp is where I go to break away from the monotony of being a good little healbot for everybody else. The place I go where I can do some damage to other people, show that clerics are good at something else, feel good knowing that I have the ability to do something other than trail around after people keeping them alive.

Please don't take this away from me.
Post edited by mittensofdoom on

Comments

• Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Just fyi: even the sunbursts aren't worth it so much anymore. O_o
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    morsitans wrote: »
    Just fyi: even the sunbursts aren't worth it so much anymore. O_o

ya evidently, we aren't supposed to be casting sunburst either, nor are we to be using divinity as much
  • Options
    mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Please comment on this thread if you do not want these DC nerfs to happen:

Hammer of Fate: This power dealt far too much damage overall, so it's gained a new feature and had its damage reduced.
    If the power deals a killing blow, the player will now regain 15% of maximum AP (at max rank). However, the power's overall damage has been reduced by 40%.

How exactly can you justify this? Nobody ever complained about the damage of this. It was one of the only things that made PvP for clerics potentially fun, the chance to one-shot a too squishy CW/TR/DC. Due to how slow it takes to build in PvP we only got maybe 3-5 opportunities to use this per match and it was easily dodged/mitigated.

Sun Burst: When hitting both enemies and other allies at the same time, the player now gains 25% more Action Points from this power.
    However, this power no longer incorrectly multiplies the intended Action Point gain per cast by the number of enemy targets affected.

Sun Burst was fine as it was, a great daily builder, these changes will in fact slow down AP gain and nerf the ability to lay down Hallowed Ground and Divine Armor

I can only conclude from these nerfs that Cryptic does not want us to be able to do viable damage at all in PvP and wants us to stick to being healbots in PvE, which we won't even be able to do as well anymore.

If anything Clerics needed a slight buff. The buff to soothing light is a good step but I would suggest a slight defence buff as well. And please for the love of all that is good, revert these nerfs!
  • Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I lol'd. While you're at it, start a petition to stop the GF, TR, GWF and CW nerfs too.
  • Options
    ntdreamntdream Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I dont want this ridiculous NERF!!!
  • Options
    jimcrocejimcroce Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I stand with you. These amendments are ludicrous.
    You don't mess around with Jim
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You got my vote but include all the classes affected.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    soulwhispsoulwhisp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    You got my vote too!

Anyone who got this idea never ever played a DC in pvp. You can only damage a lot if you put 2 armor breaker on the enemy (Prophecy of Doom, Divine Glow) + other players defense reduction. You cant damage a lot without them! I have 6k power total (13k gs), and can damage only 40% of the enemy hp from full healt. (So what do you think what can a 9k gs cleric damage?) That is too much?

Or did they even saw what can a 16K gs GF do? It can stunlock you till death without daily, but its due to their gear. With 16k gs anyone can oneshot, anyone! The problem is that pvp is not rated! You can get in with 8-9k gs against a 13k team! And the weakest team crying in the forums!
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I think they are against dailies for some reason. Almost every class is getting some nerf that slows down their AP regeneration. Wait till feywild. 1/4 of the enemies in there have the ability to completely remove all your AP. You try to kill them fast but you can't single them out in large groups because some other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> mob moves 2 inches and your auto target decides to aim at that mob instead. You constantly lose your AP if you don't have a decent AOE.

Stop the nerfs!
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    +1

Just stop the nerfs, period!
  • Options
    tanglethorntanglethorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm sorry you got used to playing with abilities that were unintended to be in a state they are currently in. There will bill buffs and nerfs as designers watch how the game progresses. Simply stating to stop all nerfs isnt a solution at all. In fact, it only shows a lack of experience in regards to how MMOs evolve.
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm sorry you got used to playing with abilities that were unintended to be in a state they are currently in. There will bill buffs and nerfs as designers watch how the game progresses. Simply stating to stop all nerfs isnt a solution at all. In fact, it only shows a lack of experience in regards to how MMOs evolve.

The dont evolve, they yo-yo from 1 state to another - useless/fotm/useless
  • Options
    caelithcaelith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited August 2013
    To be fair i've never had a DC hit me for 21k so they have no real issue (apart from been unkillable at times).
  • Options
    vikingbradvikingbrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Of more concern is the switch to Channel Divinity cancels any spell casting.

It isn't in the patch notes but that is how it is on Preview.

I suspect they are trying to stop the cast Sunburst switch to CD to proc Linked Spirit. Rather than cancelling would be good if they just stopped it proccing if you weren't in CD when casting.

Swapping into/out of CD is tricky enough in a busy battle, have it cancelling spells u cast is a big problem.
    Ricky Gervatheist Lvl 60 DC on Dragon Server
    Looking for a guild for PvE Dungeons to suit AEST evenings
  • Options
    thorak257thorak257 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    +1
    stop the nerfs
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Honestly the only thing I have an issue with for all the classes is the HoF nerf. This one just seems silly as it is easily dodge-able/avoided in PvP and in PvE is great for procing crit heals from repurpose soul that can be as strong and FF ones sometimes simply because it does so much damage. Though not sure about the GWF as I don't play one but for the other classes not issue with the changes at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yea, I can understand most of the AP multiplier issues. No "DAILY" power should have near continuous up-time. Obviously, the powers that where quickly causing that to happen, where an issue. So, while unhappy at the sunburst and shield changes. I was fully expecting them to happen.

The Hammer nerf kinda comes out of left field. Its the most "wut?" change on the list. It was not on anyone's radar for abuse, being overpowered, or over used. Had it done massive single hits, perhaps, but not as it stood. At the very least, keep the damage, but perhaps reduce the CC immunity its casting granted. If they fear it is to much of a utility power, reduce the utility and not the power.
  • Options
    kyotheman9000kyotheman9000 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sadly being in the forums it be ignored they have count down to update so yah they going ahead with the update, sad note i can't even play game keeps crashing when i try to update kind of wish I didn't have win8, either its something else but its only game crashes my system
  • Options
    wockysanwockysan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hobokenboy wrote: »
    Petition threads are verboten.

Perhaps it would be better to call this a discussion on why the current incoming "nerfs" would affect EVERYONE'S gameplay in a negative fashion(not just yours) and offer it as evidence to the mods to pass along to the devs?

At any rate, good luck!

Simple. When Cleric is no longer fun to play, dungeons are nerfed a healer and queues are buffed 10 fold. Cleric has sat around waiting for it's fun factor to begin but it only grows the sense of boring. The role isn't about how you wish to play it but more so how they want you to. Cleric is a Companion with great AI. (sometimes not so great AI ha)

I've created a game. You stand in one spot and drop a blue circle on the ground. Want to play it?
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Yea, I can understand most of the AP multiplier issues. No "DAILY" power should have near continuous up-time. Obviously, the powers that where quickly causing that to happen, where an issue. So, while unhappy at the sunburst and shield changes. I was fully expecting them to happen.

The Hammer nerf kinda comes out of left field. Its the most "wut?" change on the list. It was not on anyone's radar for abuse, being overpowered, or over used. Had it done massive single hits, perhaps, but not as it stood. At the very least, keep the damage, but perhaps reduce the CC immunity its casting granted. If they fear it is to much of a utility power, reduce the utility and not the power.

without the CC immunity it would get interrupted in PvP at the first sign of casting, that CC immunity is kind of needed since you cannot do anything else while casting it or lose all your AP. As I said this is the one change I have a real issue with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shadowordershadoworder Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Remove the stupid healing debuff and this nerf could be warranted. That being said I assume clerics are hurting the bottom line with res scroll sales and they needed to get rid of the competition.
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    . Yay for the nerfs ! 'bout time.
    edited August 2013
    +1 Stop all nerfs. In fact roll back all the previous nerfs.
  • Options
    xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    +1

I have no problems with bug-fixing obvious broken things like semi-divine sunburst that generates half of the AP pool. However, the cleric in fact is currently only viable by abusing these mechanics.

If these bugs a fixed, the cleric needs a major buff. And major means like changing the complete mechanic of several spells.

Some T2 dungeons will be impossible without the constant overlay of astral shield and hallowed ground.

The total score of healing + damage of a cleric is much less then compared to a equal skilled and equipped CW, GF, GWF or TR.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    These constant nerfs are a pity because clerics have all the wonderful, fun skills we don't really get to use because they aren't practical (no healing & now low damage).

Why not just remove all damaging encounters and dailies clerics have? Because it doesn't feel like clerics are allowed to do anything else than heal (others, of course). God forbid if you want to switch out of your healer's role for a match of PVP or for foundry, because the devs are having none of that.

HoF will become (even more) useless, Flame Strike seems to no longer crit on the Preview Server, and Sunburst generates very little ap. Occasionally using Flame Strike in dungeons was the most fun I ever had, but if our attack dailies barely do any damage and gaining ap takes longer, I might as well start using Hallowed Ground all the time. Healbots, assemble!
  • Options
    shadowordershadoworder Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As soon as you quit they can make money off of res scrolls. It's a win-win for everyone!
  • Options
    lordtremerelordtremere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am absolutely speechless over this nerfing....I have absolutely no idea what they are thinking. It has been tough enough as it is even with a max lvl geared up cleric - but it HAD been fun, a challenge....but somewhat playable. I can't imagine how this will be playable. You nerf the overpowered classed- not the CLERIC!!!
  • Options
    racingwarlordracingwarlord Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No problem with fixes or "nerfs" as most of you call them, but how about they at least RECOGNIZE the GWF unstoppable bug that has been around for months first? I'm getting sick and tired of fights and dungeons taking longer because the GWF in our party gets bugged and one of the only ways to fix it is to re-log. And you're SOL and suck dealing without it if you're already in the last boss fight... I don't even play a GWF so I can't even imagine how much more frustrating it is for them...
  • Options
    maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i wish they explained WHY nerf the cleric ...... again! Have they fixed our buggy passives? Does this mean Astral Shield will now gives us AP per tic?

Have they even fixed/rebalanced Dungeons and bosses with endless hordes of mob now that they're nerfing AP regen for CWs and Clerics.

Are they now gonna give clerics POINTS for healing in PVP since they're nerfing our damage, also will they now give us a skill that will help us survive in pvp since we our chance to kill has been lessened........

Dont call this balance patch........ if youre gonna take away something give something significant back. I am still waiting on the AP regen on HoTs thing.... still not happening.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hammer of Fate is a facewrecker in PvP(which most games nerfs go out the door becuz PvP). I don't see people QQ'ing that DPS DCs are do way too much damage in Dungeons because of a Daily. However, now we are for sure less threatening in PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]