Install Arc
Options

Please Stop the DC nerfs going live

13»

Comments

• Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No, they won't, because there won't be a DC in the group because everyone will be playing either a different class or a different game entirely.

burn!

I haven't logged in for half a week now, and yes, I'm playing different games. Guess what I am learning in the other games, the healing classes in them can self heal and heal others quite effectively and deal out good damage as well. they are not nerf bots that have little to nothing to do just so some OP classes can dominate in just about everything. Instead of nerfing stuff the other games come out with stuff called "equipment".
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    vorphied wrote: »
    Because Hammer comes in three wave over about as many seconds, any or all portions of its damage can be deflected, dodged, blocked, or even avoided by hiding behind the environment. The only class forced to eat it (barring a handy corner) is GWF, which typically has high damage resist and deflect.

The 15% AP regen if you land the killing blow is negligible and hardly incentive to blow 100% of AP to cast.

Not to mention that it's going to be that much harder to land said killing blow with such a large damage reduction.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    resintokeresintoke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited August 2013
    Just thought I would drop this tidbit of information here that I just discovered via watching a live stream of a DC on the PTR:

The ability to proc divinity without using a pip, AKA the Linked Spirit/Sun Burst trick has been "fixed"

Let's hope it sticks.
    Check out my Twitch stream & video highlights!!
    <Four Twenty> is recruiting! Apply by registering on our website!
    Check out my cleric guides, notes, and discussions!!

5563438nSKoR.png
  • Options
    claransaclaransa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not going to rage over it, but I'm glad I leveled capped my devoted cleric before the change to Hammer of Fate went live, it got me through some darn hard "solo" quests for those last few levels.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    claransa wrote: »
    Not going to rage over it, but I'm glad I leveled capped my devoted cleric before the change to Hammer of Fate went live, it got me through some darn hard "solo" quests for those last few levels.

you should be ashamed for leveling up in a way that was never intended in this game
  • Options
    digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Haha. Yeah, you CHEATER!

;)
  • Options
    suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    With Hammer gone, I won't step foot in PvP ever again (not that I need to anyway, because after the patch Glory and GG coins will be useless).
  • Options
    banaman3banaman3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    where does it say that GG items will be BoP? I thought it was only items traded with seals & glory
  • Options
    whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I could write a list of DC bugs a mile long, and yet instead of fixing those, we get changes like this. What a sad joke. I'm glad I didn't spend real money on this game. I was hoping Feywild would be good, I'd really like to buy the pack. But doesn't look like that's gonna happen.
  • Options
    rnewton8rnewton8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I am going ot have to log onto the test shard tonight and see what all the fuss is about.

I dont get why HOF was nerfed.....Was our single target daily nuke that much more OP than everyone else's? Or is it that we have such high ap generation that we can spam it moreso than others.

And just to play devil's advovate with the whole sunburst thing here for a sec.. It could be that sunburst is broken and not working as intended, so its a more of a fix than a nerf. The AP generation from it is so high right now that if my Hallowed Ground isnt up and i need it, i know all i have to do is hit Sunburst in Divine and viola, i have my Hallowed Ground Up.

Anyone have any data which shows how much it increases the time at which you can put up Hallowed Ground? Are we talking a fraction of a second, 1-2 seconds or much longer?
  • Options
    spextirspextir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am in on this vote.

All of the nerfs in the next patch are catered to correct PvP issues. WHY? THIS IS A PVE GAME!!!
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rnewton8 wrote: »
    I am going ot have to log onto the test shard tonight and see what all the fuss is about.

I dont get why HOF was nerfed.....Was our single target daily nuke that much more OP than everyone else's? Or is it that we have such high ap generation that we can spam it moreso than others.

And just to play devil's advovate with the whole sunburst thing here for a sec.. It could be that sunburst is broken and not working as intended, so its a more of a fix than a nerf. The AP generation from it is so high right now that if my Hallowed Ground isnt up and i need it, i know all i have to do is hit Sunburst in Divine and viola, i have my Hallowed Ground Up.

Anyone have any data which shows how much it increases the time at which you can put up Hallowed Ground? Are we talking a fraction of a second, 1-2 seconds or much longer?

From what i've seen from tests (from other people) you need 5-6 sunburst casts in order to replenish your AP. (5 if you hit allies&foes, 6 if you don't)

Average cooldown of SB is 9s, so it's something like 45 seconds between HGs (25-30s downtime).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    5-6 sunburst? This means epic fail for the most gimp random group which can't even be healed now with full MH set and AS + HG spam. Seem so, that I instantly quit group now if group members have less than 11 K GS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    spextir wrote: »
    I am in on this vote.

All of the nerfs in the next path are catered to correct PvP issues. WHY? THIS IS A PVE GAME!!!

the only PvP issue that was addressed in regards to the cleric was that clerics as the weakest class in PvP were meant to be even weaker
  • Options
    whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Our daily powers suck. Being able to use one every 15 seconds was the only saving grace. If you "fix" our excessive AP generation, then you need to make all our daily powers better. But instead, you are nerfing them. Brilliant. Excuse me while I never give you a penny of real money.