test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No games day

pansapienpansapien Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Off Topic
So my wife instituted a no games day for the kids and I. We have 8yr old twins who are both 1-2 levels away from getting their mounts. I have the day off work and was looking forward to getting my GF to 60.

What does she expect us to do? Go outside? The graphics are nice but the storyline sucks.

Do we defy her and play anyway? No... I do not wish to incur her wrath.

So what if all the boys in the house care for nothing but Neverwinter and Minecraft?

I think the boys are plotting my demise in the other room as I type. That will show her.
Post edited by pansapien on

Comments

• Options
    gentoo1972gentoo1972 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Also known as, despise mother day.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    I would suggest trying to distract her. Give her some money and send her off to the Mall/Shopping.

At least that tends to work for me. ;)
  • Options
    brandyyyybrandyyyy Member Posts: 70
    edited July 2013
    make foam weapons and roleplay and fight IRL til it anoys her and shes like just play the **** computer game... is less messy
  • Options
    croffilecroffile Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hm, you could use some of her medicine against her by introducing a "Must play MMO day." as a counter-attack.

If all these tips you've gotten fails though, please do not slay any squirrels! They won't drop anything but [Nuts].
    asailorsadventure.png
    Shortcode copy: NW-DFQEQQ8H6
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Tell her your celestial coins are at stake. It's very important!
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Or you could perhaps stop being so darn selfish and spend some time with her?
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pansapien wrote: »
    So my wife instituted a no games day for the kids and I. We have 8yr old twins who are both 1-2 levels away from getting their mounts. I have the day off work and was looking forward to getting my GF to 60.

What does she expect us to do? Go outside? The graphics are nice but the storyline sucks.

Do we defy her and play anyway? No... I do not wish to incur her wrath.

So what if all the boys in the house care for nothing but Neverwinter and Minecraft?

I think the boys are plotting my demise in the other room as I type. That will show her.

hope you`re not getting problems with the kids later ;p if they just go game whatever you say and you have to repeat a million times about homework or a dog that needs to p.ss
  • Options
    ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    croffile wrote: »
    Hm, you could use some of her medicine against her by introducing a "Must play MMO day." as a counter-attack.

If all these tips you've gotten fails though, please do not slay any squirrels! They won't drop anything but [Nuts].

At least the squirrels have some......
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The fix is obvious. 4 people in the house and only one isn't with the program. Make a character for her, sit her down to the PC and hope she gets hooked. Lets see her implement a no game day then!
  • Options
    jasmine1970jasmine1970 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    The fix is obvious. 4 people in the house and only one isn't with the program. Make a character for her, sit her down to the PC and hope she gets hooked. Lets see her implement a no game day then!

I second the matter. worst case scenario is that you have a digital representative of her that you get to controll, with the real her mad at you for not listening to her.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    he knows the fix ;p but goes laugh and make topic about it on internet, while she gets neglected.
    gg
  • Options
    sadistsadist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Dear OP,

Reading stuff like this makes me sad for so many reasons. Best of luck.
    fozhug-sig01.png
  • Options
    ulukayxulukayx Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My personal oppinion that I don't think anyone under 14, better 16, should be playing an mmorpg aside:
    Get a few boardgames out, maybe a deck of cards, have them run their first PnP game, visit relatives or go out to a picnic (make sure you have some special sweets for the kids or they'll hate it)
    Organize something, just don't sit in the house all day and stare holes at the ceiling, this only proves to her that you need the game to entertain you and to them that days without gaming are boring.
    Make the day merry and the Kids won't hate you, maybe even like the alternative to gaming. She might even have something in mind to keep them occupied, ask her.

You could also stash them at someone else's house and have an evening just with her, rekindle the relationship etc.

Just take it serious, she wouldn't suggest it if she didn't feel the need for a day of from the game now and then.
    -
    Join Starfleet,
    Boldly go where no man has gone before,
    Meet interesting new species, and Kill them!
  • Options
    texasgunmantexasgunman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Two things:

First, if the misssus thinks you play too much, it could mean she is feeling neglected or left out. It might be time to go without the game for a day and see how things go. If she still complains about what you're doing, chances are it isn't the game that is making her feel that way.

Second, in a equal-partners relationship, one person cannot just DEMAND that you do anything. The mature thing to do would be to sit down with you in a one on one conversation and lay out their feelings. At least she can say she wants you to have a day without the game. There is no 'instituting a 'no-game' day.' You are not her child, she does not make decisions for you.

That's my soapbox. Now I'll step down.
    Thanks,
    Peter James
    Host of Inside Neverwinter Podcast
    Guild Leader of Knights at the Ceili
  • Options
    undeadcrabbundeadcrabb Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Play a table top game instead! And invite her to join.
    Folow me on Deviant art! ;)
  • Options
    nocrustnocrust Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Get her a PSP with simple minded games on it and cookbooks ... women loves simple minded games and cookbooks
    Flower pots will work too .... just give her things that requires no IQ to do but still do-able
  • Options
    agahnimzagahnimz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hell hath no fury, listen to your woman!!!!