test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Des's GF Interceptor Tank Build

Comments

• bodidharmabodidharma Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can u explain why u have crit and recovery on belt and rings?
  • desjardiniidesjardinii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    bodidharma wrote: »
    Can u explain why u have crit and recovery on belt and rings?

All of my gear on my right side is the same gear that I had when running the conqorer path. I am still working on the optimal set of stats to slot over there. I have tried going with Deflection, Defense, Recovery and/or HP gear, but the impact semed to be minimal, compared to the gear I have currently. I still want to be able to damage mobs, as damage adds to agro generation.
  • tehprophettehprophet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Great Guide! I will be trying it out tonight!
    edited July 2013
    So have u been further into CN with this build?
  • darkchlordarkchlor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    porall wrote: »
    But I like the tactician paragon powers. My case is this: with all the marking done with threatening rush, it's great knowing the mobs are doing 10% less dmg to the other group members. Pin cushion activates on each mob you rush, so 10% more dmg to them for 3 sec (plus if you like frontline surge all mobs are affected). While activating all your encounters or moving positions and not blocking, you gain AP when hit, which happens a lot with KV. While using Fray the group dishes out more dmg. And while you refresh your shield with Tide of Iron, reduce the physical dmg done by that mob. The interceptor strat has great synergy with tactician feats.

I'd been looking at Daunting Challenge myself, as it seems like a great match for the strategy. I'm curious which feats you dropped to pick up Crushing Pin and Daunting Challenge. I'm assuming Balanced Shield Fighter and Overwhelming Impact?
  • mustikkasmustikkas Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nice guide, using it now. What items and runes would you recommend for the stone companion?
    edited July 2013
    whut is a control power exactly? can u type the list ?
    edited July 2013
    i m a half orc so would u go with 2 in powerful attack or 2 in ubiquitous shield?
  • desjardiniidesjardinii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    So have u been further into CN with this build?

No, not yet. Ive been swamped at work with an out of town project. Hotel internet is not even close to being able to run protectors enclave lol. I want to as soon as I get the time.
    edited July 2013
    mustikkas wrote: »
    Nice guide, using it now. What items and runes would you recommend for the stone companion?

Since the stone companions transfer 100% of their stats, its a great for filling out areas in your build that may be lower depending on gear. Personally I run items with crit and armor pen to keep that bumped up. I cant remember which Icon I am using atm, and I am patching test atm. Once I get in I will edit this. For runes I am running 1 eldritch for the transfer and the others are power. You can play with rank 5's as they are cheaper to toss around till you find what works. What you use with a T1 set may be different than the T2 set.
    edited July 2013
    whut is a control power exactly? can u type the list ?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?196612-WTA-Guardian-Fighter-Control-Powers&highlight=fighter+control+power

There is a partial list....
    edited July 2013
    i m a half orc so would u go with 2 in powerful attack or 2 in ubiquitous shield?

I would probably take the hit in ubiquitous shield if I was doing without the 3 points from being human. But you can always check on the preview shard to see which works better for you.
    edited July 2013
    Whut is this preview shard? And how does it work
    edited July 2013
    Whut is this preview shard? And how does it work

Its their test server. Nice place to check things out. You can get free respecs there as well.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/preview/
  • vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited July 2013
    Y I like to pvp and i wanna try your build out for turtling on points but i
    Am using a stalwart set. Is that bad? Is regents better? It has a minor
    Increase to regeb and defense stats.
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
    edited July 2013
    vidfinnx wrote: »
    Y I like to pvp and i wanna try your build out for turtling on points but i
    Am using a stalwart set. Is that bad? Is regents better? It has a minor
    Increase to regeb and defense stats.

The build is actually fun in PVP for a defensive standpoint. You will not get as many kills, but you get a ton of assists. Its also a riot watching 4 people beat on a TR or CW and you absorb the damage. As far as armor sets go the stalwart and grand regents have the same set of stats and base set bonuses with the plus in defense. Sine you will be getting hit a lot it is easy to keep your power up. As a tactic I wouldn't recommend being the 1st one into contact. Let your other classes lead with you using KV to absorb their damage, and boost your power so you can get max defense. If using supremacy of steel as well, watch for mages casting Conduit of ice or some other persistant AoE. Pop those 2 skills and stand in the AoE with KV and SoS up and watch the mage get melted.
  • vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited July 2013
    Just tried it in pve lol its nice holding all the bosses adds easily. I still had to kite them in FH though. I tried to add you ingame
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
    edited July 2013
    vidfinnx wrote: »
    Just tried it in pve lol its nice holding all the bosses adds easily. I still had to kite them in FH though. I tried to add you ingame

Yeah there are still a few places where it is easier to kite them. Glad to hear its working well. I will look for the request. Im on the road for work this week, so its hotel lag central here. Professions and invocation is enough of a challenge lol.
  • secirtsecirt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am not sure if I am missing something or what. I did a slightly modified version of this build, mainly in the neck/ring/belt slots I went more defensive and thought I'd make it up in the gems. For some reason I am seeing people with far less gear than mine in the 13k+ gearscores while I am at 11k with 4/4 and 2/2, I don't have the armor enhancement or the weapon enhancement yet but would think it would still do better. Also the 4 piece power bonus doesn't appear to show up in my stats, is this normal?
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    secirt wrote: »
    I am not sure if I am missing something or what. I did a slightly modified version of this build, mainly in the neck/ring/belt slots I went more defensive and thought I'd make it up in the gems. For some reason I am seeing people with far less gear than mine in the 13k+ gearscores while I am at 11k with 4/4 and 2/2, I don't have the armor enhancement or the weapon enhancement yet but would think it would still do better. Also the 4 piece power bonus doesn't appear to show up in my stats, is this normal?

The gearscore of GF gear sets varies the most wildly of all the classes. Someone in a fresh T1 set like Stalwarts (which in practice is probably more generally useful than any other set when its 4pc is working) will be lucky to get 12K. Whereas it is trivial for someone in a T2 set like Timeless to have 14k and with just a couple of rank 7 enchants to break into 15K.

Also, you should note that certain feats like Toughness affect Gear Score. So, overall Gear Score really doesn't mean that much.

Finally, many/most players 4pc set bonuses are not working at the moment. Some are also reporting the 2p set bonuses are not working, nor are their weapon enhancements, and any new enchants recently slotted. This is all courtesy of the latest patch that basically broke the endgame.
  • secirtsecirt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks a ton for the quick response. Made my life a lot easier =)
  • crowdpleasingcrowdpleasing Member Posts: 30
    edited August 2013
    The inflated gear score is from speccing in Conqueror and having your power value doubled. I'm tactician specced at around 10K GS but on the preview server I was testing Conqueror it made my GS 12.5K. Like the above poster stated it doesn't actually mean much but good luck with PUGs as the majority of the players are ignorant and think otherwise.
  • sagiitaursagiitaur Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Think the new patch might screw this build up quite a bit ...
  • twinsbustertwinsbuster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Knight's Valor: This power no longer incorrectly multiplies its Action Point gain for every target affected.

It may hurt a lot.
  • grimslawgrimslaw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 43
    edited August 2013
    Bah. I don't want to buy another respec token. I was wondering why knights valor made ap jump up so quick though. Will the changes to sos be noticeably different. In grand regent with lvl 5/6 chants. Any thoughts
  • topguidestopguides Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi Des,
    Thanks for your nice Guardian Fighter guide.
    Can I add your guide to http://mmominds.com?
    edited August 2013
    grimslaw wrote: »
    Bah. I don't want to buy another respec token. I was wondering why knights valor made ap jump up so quick though. Will the changes to sos be noticeably different. In grand regent with lvl 5/6 chants. Any thoughts

I will take a look at it. I was on vacation when the new content and patch went live, and just got back today. Ill take a look and let you know.
    edited August 2013
    topguides wrote: »
    Hi Des,
    Thanks for your nice Guardian Fighter guide.
    Can I add your guide to http://mmominds.com?

Sure thing. And Thanks!
  • grimslawgrimslaw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 43
    edited August 2013
    Does the damage received by knights valor still have the same chance to be deflected as if you took the damage directly? If so, seems like there could be some nice synergy with some of the new boons.
  • topguidestopguides Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sure thing. And Thanks!

I added it http://mmominds.com/2013/08/27/dess-gf-interceptor-tank-build/
    Let me know if you want me to change anything.