test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can you just scrap the Fury of Fey module and give us 3 more PvP maps and content.

2»

Comments

• seu1seu1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Because that's all everyone wants. PvP maps. Screw extra content. We all PvP, that's all that matters. Yeah, PvP.

/sarcasm
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't do dungeons still in this game they are all bad but what I do is PvP and a lot of it. Problem is we don't have any real PvP yet. Stuck in beta PvP while the PvEr get a new module with a new dungeon that they will hate as much as the current ones isn't going to increase the player base of this great game.

This game has tons of potential. There are guilds that just want to PvP. There are players like myself that want PvP so it makes a lot of sense to give us some real PvP. When can we expect a PvP release with 3 new maps of 10v10 and a revamping of the maps we have and some PvP seasons that are competitive with titles and rewards like mounts and gear.

See theres a bit of screw everybody else give me what I want in this thread. Most people just PvE in this game , PvE will always get more love.

NO what the better idea is yes lets have the new module and yes lets have more PvP choices that way everybody is happy.
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    umm you do realize players dont buy greater or perfect enchants to pve right? It's to win in pvp. And that is where a big chunk of revenue comes from the p2w people that want to dominate pvp matches. And before anybody say you can just grind to buy them how many months of dailies and praying(grinding) would it take to get 4m ad per each enchant?(without exploiting cn to sell stuff on ah) And then think about how long the game been out. :)

While individually PvP may, no doubt, spend more. I would suspect that they are out numbered by orders of magnitude by PvE players... thus more revenue from PvE players. As a result more investment will go into PvE. Plus this is Cryptic, their track record with PvP is pretty poor.
    NO what the better idea is yes lets have the new module and yes lets have more PvP choices that way everybody is happy.
    yes that would be a good solution, no that wouldn't make everyone happy...
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . Personally, I'd rather have them scrap PvP and focus on making all the PvE and rest of the Game better, but that is just me... I don't play RPGs for PvP. *the mage shrugs*

. . . . . Still though, I really wouldn't want that as PvP does bring in some players who might spend money on the game, so I am all for getting it fixed. As well, I understand that PvP appeals to some in this game, regardless of it's namesakes. Never-the-less, I am not for turning attention away from some aspect of the game to fix another. I feel that resources should be spread appropriately when fixing game issues for all game-play styles offered, not just one.
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I don't do dungeons still in this game they are all bad but what I do is PvP and a lot of it. Problem is we don't have any real PvP yet. Stuck in beta PvP while the PvEr get a new module with a new dungeon that they will hate as much as the current ones isn't going to increase the player base of this great game.

This game has tons of potential. There are guilds that just want to PvP. There are players like myself that want PvP so it makes a lot of sense to give us some real PvP. When can we expect a PvP release with 3 new maps of 10v10 and a revamping of the maps we have and some PvP seasons that are competitive with titles and rewards like mounts and gear.

Why put effort into a part of the game totally run by botz? Its a waist of time they need to fix the botz issue then add more pvp stuff.
  • ashensnowashensnow Member Posts: 2,215 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    By all means, please post the statistics to back up your assertion.

You do have evidence, right?

Probably the same evidence as the person he was quoting. Are you intending to ask them the same question ?

MMO's are fun but and its the PvP that makes or breaks the game.

Gotta disagree. The most successful western MMO has absolutely awful PvP.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I couldn't care less about PvP, and personally I think this might even be a better game if it got scrapped altogether and the effort spent on improving the PvE aspects.

I don't know whether the OP is in a small minority or not, but it seems to me that there is a lot of whining from the PvP crowd about issues like "class balance" and such ... and my worry is that if too much attention gets paid to such whining, it will hurt the PvE aspects, make some of the classes less fun to play, and generally irritate the PvE-focused population.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Scrapping either pve or pvp is a pretty silly proposition for a modern day MMO developer.

Personally I want the foundry to be developed and turn into something amazing, but I think that's on the backburner.

As far as games being better without PVP? Disagree entirely. Look at how small the PVP maps are in NW compared to the PVE maps. I couldn't be convinced that anything but a small minority of the dev time has gone into PVP. The advantages of having PVP in the game far outweigh the costs (revenue, replayable content, larger playerbase, etc.). Pretty much all of the video games that I have played for more than a week or so have been games that offer PVP, due to replayability, with very few exceptions (some final fantasy games I played for quite some time when I was younger).
  • sneakyervinsneakyervin Member Posts: 101
    edited July 2013
    I am not confused I know every MMO is PvE focused.

DaoC, WaR, Shadowbane, UO and GW2 among others would like to have a word with you.

Just DaoC was very very PvP centered, if you didnt do PvP (RvR) you didnt get access to Darkness Falls, which in turn was a massive open instance raid where you could gank the **** out of the enemy owning and raiding it.

I cant remember how it worked with WaR, I remember it having city sieges that dropped loot while killing the "king", aswell as open world keeps granting bonuses to the owning side.

GW2 is fairly balanced, WvW makes up as much of the game as PvE, you can level purely through PvP.

But anyways, this game is F2P, made by cryptic/PW, I doubt any real focus will be put on PvP. We will be stuck with gimmicky bland 5v5/20v20 domination <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, the most boring type of PvP gameplay. Where are the AV, SotA, Huttball, WSG, IoC game modes? Or atleast AB/EotS quality domination. Why dont we get some BF3 inspired conquest or rush modes? Some 15v15 or 20v20 maps, with good game modes. It wouldnt be hard to do, and I bet most PvPers would be happy about it. I can play a day in BF3 without getting bored, even though there is no reward, I can sit in GW2 WvW and not get bored aswell. But playing more than 3-5 games of NW domination gets old really fast.

5v5 is bad, except when playing WoW style arenas with you home made team. 5v5 pugging is the most imbalanced rubbish yet, since if one guy is a bot or afk, 20% of your team is lost, 2 people botting or afking and you lose 40% of your team.

Increasing the size of teams, reduces the loss and impact of each dea weight on the team, 10v10, you lose 10% for each afker/bot/bad, 20v20, you lose 5% for each and so on. Whoever thought of 5v5... not so great job.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ashensnow wrote: »
    Probably the same evidence as the person he was quoting. Are you intending to ask them the same question ?

You must have missed the post where I answered another poster who also made this error. It's on the previous page.

As of yet, still neither answer nor evidence.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    go play Evony, its entirely PvP. also guild vs guild, guild allies vs other guild allies... and it goes on 24hrs. so if you don't play 24hrs, you can lose everything..enjoy /more sarcasm later
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • oregonizeoregonize Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Anyone have any good suggestions for similar pvp thats free to play?
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I love how people get on these forums and demand things that only they want. Spoilt bratts.

And I don't even PvE anymore, all I do is PvP.
  • ashensnowashensnow Member Posts: 2,215 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    holt3 wrote: »
    I love how people get on these forums and demand things that only they want.

Are you sure that they are the only ones who want this (or whatever other request/demand you might be referring to) ?

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • thistleswift1thistleswift1 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Though I don't PVP myself, I do think another map or two, or a differing (additional) style of PVP, for those who do would not be a bad thing. Perchance after the new maps/quests/instances/building blocks/whatever that are going to be in the Feywild comes out, they can build a nice PVP map out of these resources. The thing is, though, that we all (PVPers, PVEers and hybrids alike) have to be patient for the things that we want. The game has only been live for a wee bit over a month, and we still are not getting the new PVE stuff for almost another month. Personally, I am very much looking forward to the Feywild!
  • irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i don't do dungeons still in this game they are all bad but what i do is pvp and a lot of it. Problem is we don't have any real pvp yet. Stuck in beta pvp while the pver get a new module with a new dungeon that they will hate as much as the current ones isn't going to increase the player base of this great game.

This game has tons of potential. There are guilds that just want to pvp. There are players like myself that want pvp so it makes a lot of sense to give us some real pvp. When can we expect a pvp release with 3 new maps of 10v10 and a revamping of the maps we have and some pvp seasons that are competitive with titles and rewards like mounts and gear.

no.....................................................................................................no.......................................................................................and again no................................................................
  • rickmanrickman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Seriously? You Want an Entire load of Expansion Content Scrapped just for an couple of Extra Maps that will get moaned about, Torn to pieces and argued about more then the ones we currently have?

Yes more modes for PvP would be nice.. but have you considered making a Suggestion about WHAT they should be and how they feed into the overall of the game? Make a constructive post that doesn't look like Trool feed and maybe it'll get looked at better

Then again this post is no better.
    (Sorry for those who maybe offended by a simple Blunt Statement but... Yeah.)
    Diplomancy: Sometimes "I hit it with my Axe" is the only Answer.
    A Challenge is something interesting and awkward until you beat it... then it's called "Repetative"

Neverwinter on TVTropes(Needs some loving)
    Neverwinter Nights on TVTropes
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They should just scrap PvP, kick it out the door and say bye bye PvP as we don't want you anymore.
  • kshoksho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited July 2013
    @OP
    NO

This game is not focused on pvp...
    If you want pure pvp game go sharp e-pen on lol or something where you can endlessly repeat same **** only to prove for pixels that you are THE BEST....omg
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    At this point im sure The OP is sitting back having a good laugh at all the arguments regarding this topic he created. I've read a few other threads by him one he actually tried to argue that tanks could only dps. and people picked his arguments apart. He Started a lot of the nerf rogue threads also.

Its possible he feels that the only way he can succeed is by trying to get all the aspects of the game he dislikes removed but I doubt it I think he just like starting stuff. and honestly removing something already done will never bring another aspect of the game out sooner so its not even a real argument. Regardless of who is paying for what.
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've got a better idea. let's remove PvP entirely. Problem solved.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • gutbotgutbot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I cant understand people who continue playing pve in this game, there is 0 skill to it , there is at best 5 abilities spread amongst all the enemies and bosses. there is no feeling of an epic encounter, its the basics of pve.
    At least with pvp there is some skill involved.

However, although pve is not for me I agree that there should be something for everybody.
    And no one can really argue that two pvp maps is rather ****ty for a mmo in this day and age.
  • thesipeliusthesipelius Member Posts: 95
    edited August 2013
    gutbot wrote: »
    I cant understand people who continue playing pve in this game, there is 0 skill to it , there is at best 5 abilities spread amongst all the enemies and bosses. there is no feeling of an epic encounter, its the basics of pve.

However, although pve is not for me I agree that there should be something for everybody.
    And no one can really argue that two pvp maps is rather ****ty for a mmo in this day and age.

No skill needed for PvE? Are you serious? Go and try queuing for a dungeon just alone and see how bad it is when you get just random people there. You need a group of competent people who know how to support each others and know what the others are capable of doing and providing for you. To me it's more interesting to see how the group works than to have "skills" (= highest GS, most optimized build and the fastest fingers).

I do agree that the PvP is horrible, that's why I don't do it. If it had maybe 10v10, more maps, probably some sort of capture the flag with two bases or something, it would be interesting.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gutbot wrote: »

Unless the game is design around PvP in mind, most MMO are PvE (even WoW is mainly PvE with PvP options)

Games like League of Legend are design around PvP. Team Fortress, EVE online

PvE are usually the staple of MMO. That is where the majority of the players are. Sure, it is nice to have PvP element, but those are REALLY hard to balance in D&D setting (or many fantasy setting) This is where nerf and buff happen across the board to balance PvE and PvP (which is a pain to do if you ever try to balance both world which is nearly impossible to do)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.