test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Get Bonus Zen for Neverwinter and Enchanted Keys on Sale!

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited August 2013 in News & Announcements

For a limited time, you can get 15% MORE Zen with every purchase for Neverwinter. Also, during this special promotional period, we've reduced the price on Enchanted Keys. If you always wanted to open a Nightmare Lockbox, there's never been a better time.

Bonus ZEN and Enchanted Key Sale Begins: Thursday, August 15, 2013 at 10:00 AM PDT
Bonus ZEN and Enchant Key Sale Ends: Saturday, August 17, 2013 at 11:59 PM PDT

Learn more here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=959301
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• michaelpoynermichaelpoyner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 75
    edited August 2013
    Purchased 35 Dollars of Zen like an 50 mins ago and never received the additional 525 for this promotion, submitted a ticket along with my Transaction I.D's

Purchased 10x Enchanted keys full price and never got the on sale price as well.

Hope this gets resolved

Other than that keep up the great work Cryptic and look forward to Feywild
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    *Please note that this Bonus ZEN sale is available ONLY for the following payment processors:

- PayPal
    - Skrill/Moneybookers
    - ClickandBuy
    - Google Checkout (**Not eligible for the bonus 300 ZEN)
    - NEW! Direct Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover)

Note: The bonus ZEN offer is not applicable with any other promotional coupon.

Hope you picked one of those if you want the bonus.
  • michaelpoynermichaelpoyner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 75
    edited August 2013
    I used Direct Credit Card :)
  • prettyboysetaprettyboyseta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited August 2013
    @michaelpoyner did you purchase the items before or after 10AMPDT? I'm being skeptical on spending for zen right now if it's suddenly bugged :P
    Wizard.jpg
    edited August 2013
    Yeppers, I did the time conversion for my time zone EST and I did it just after it started.
  • zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    13 keys later
    2uzqdlg.png
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
    edited August 2013
    Lucky mother trucker, congrats!!!
  • prettyboysetaprettyboyseta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited August 2013
    whoa now I want to buy keys, once michaelpoyner gets his bonuses :D
    Wizard.jpg
    edited August 2013
    Thanks pretty don't worry you will unlock it.
    whoa now I want to buy keys, once michaelpoyner gets his bonuses :D
  • theebrazzmonkeytheebrazzmonkey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Pin, i got a question what about the hundreds of nightmare boxes i have in my bank. is there a plan to be able to open these in the future, should i sell them save them? what about all those on the auction house?..thanks Brazz

also will the keys bought now open the new boxes later?
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited August 2013
    Purchased 35 Dollars of Zen like an 50 mins ago and never received the additional 525 for this promotion, submitted a ticket along with my Transaction I.D's

Purchased 10x Enchanted keys full price and never got the on sale price as well.

Hope this gets resolved

Other than that keep up the great work Cryptic and look forward to Feywild

Hey there! Please contact our Support Team and they can assist you with this: https://support.perfectworld.com/
    edited August 2013
    Indeed I did, look forward to hearing from you guys. Thank you
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited August 2013
    Pin, i got a question what about the hundreds of nightmare boxes i have in my bank. is there a plan to be able to open these in the future, should i sell them save them? what about all those on the auction house?..thanks Brazz

also will the keys bought now open the new boxes later?

Great questions! As of today until Fury of the Feywild goes live on August 22, 2013, new and existing Nightmare Lockboxes may reward you with the new Mystic version of the mount or Phoera companion. After August 22, 2013, any remaining Nightmare Lockboxes will reward you with the regular versions of the mount or Phoera companion, but no more Nightmare Lockboxes will drop in game; existing ones will not be removed. A new Feywild Lockbox will drop once Fury of the Feywild is live.

Enchanted Keys bought now can open current and future lockboxes.

EDIT: You can trade in the Mystic version for the regular version of both the mount and Phoera at the mount vendor in Protector's Enclave.
    edited August 2013
    Here's what customer service has replied to me after I purchased $35 worth of zen for this promotion and did not receive the extra %15 of zen so I provided proof and transaction I.D.'s with the support ticket.

"Hello

While we thank you for your business, we unfortunately cannot alter or edit transactions that have already taken place.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and thank you for your understanding.

PWE
    "
    You guys can just gift the 525 zen to my account.

I have purchased plenty of zen over the past few months and will no longer be supporting cryptic games, you guys have lost a loyal customer.
  • foulsmell1foulsmell1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's a trap!!
  • yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Does this bonus apply to purchases via the various game cards or do i got to whip out my actual cc? prefer to do the purchase via cash at walmart.
  • spadgerspadger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Great questions! As of today until Fury of the Feywild goes live on August 22, 2013, new and existing Nightmare Lockboxes may reward you with the new Mystic version of the mount or Phoera companion. After August 22, 2013, any remaining Nightmare Lockboxes will reward you with the regular versions of the mount or Phoera companion, but no more Nightmare Lockboxes will drop in game; existing ones will not be removed. A new Feywild Lockbox will drop once Fury of the Feywild is live.

Enchanted Keys bought now can open current and future lockboxes.

EDIT: You can trade in the Mystic version for the regular version of both the mount and Phoera at the mount vendor in Protector's Enclave.

Please answer me this, once this event is over will the normalized Nightmare Lockbox still contain the lesser tenebrous and plaguefire enchants? I scroll over the Enchanted key tooltip, and it gave 2 different enchantments - terror flame and Brilliant Insignia, please clarify this for all of us.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    Does this bonus apply to purchases via the various game cards or do i got to whip out my actual cc? prefer to do the purchase via cash at walmart.

im wondering this as well
  • aib0taib0t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ~The account team has resolved this issue and the key purchases from the ZEN store are at the 15% discounted rate. Thank you for correcting my issue.~

I made my purchase of $50 worth of Zen at Aug 15, 2013 10:51:53 PDT via PayPal. The PayPal description of the transaction was "6050 ZEN" and shows as such in my receipt. However, only 5300 ZEN was credited to my account. I have submitted a ticket and await a satisfactory resolution. A response that the transaction may not be altered after it is completed will not be a satisfactory resolution. I do wonder if you have a Quality Assurance team and test any of your software. I have worked in Software Quality Assurance for the past 18+ years and I have to say that for a consumer supported software and services entertainment company the focus on chasing your tail rather than putting out quality software and services tarnishes your reputation and damages your bottom line. Additionally, selling any product, digital, tangible or otherwise and not delivering on the promised product is fraud.
    edited August 2013

Bonus Zen does not apply for game cards. They apply to these payment vendors, as listed on our blog: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=959301. I hope that helps.

- PayPal
    - Skrill/Moneybookers
    - ClickandBuy
    - Google Checkout (**Not eligible for the bonus 300 ZEN)
    - Direct Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover)
    edited August 2013
    aib0t wrote: »
    I made my purchase of $50 worth of Zen at Aug 15, 2013 10:51:53 PDT via PayPal. The PayPal description of the transaction was "6050 ZEN" and shows as such in my receipt. However, only 5300 ZEN was credited to my account. I have submitted a ticket and await a satisfactory resolution. A response that the transaction may not be altered after it is completed will not be a satisfactory resolution. I do wonder if you have a Quality Assurance team and test any of your software. I have worked in Software Quality Assurance for the past 18+ years and I have to say that for a consumer supported software and services entertainment company the focus on chasing your tail rather than putting out quality software and services tarnishes your reputation and damages your bottom line. Additionally, selling any product, digital, tangible or otherwise and not delivering on the promised product is fraud.

Our Billing Team will respond to your issue when they can. Thanks for reporting this to us!
    edited August 2013
    spadger wrote: »
    Please answer me this, once this event is over will the normalized Nightmare Lockbox still contain the lesser tenebrous and plaguefire enchants? I scroll over the Enchanted key tooltip, and it gave 2 different enchantments - terror flame and Brilliant Insignia, please clarify this for all of us.

We apologize for that confusion! Terror Flame should be Lesser Plaguefire Enchantment, Brilliant Insignia should be Lesser Tenebrous Enchantment, and Indomitable Runestone should be Lesser Indomitable Runestone. That is a text display bug on the Enchanted Key tooltip.
  • theebrazzmonkeytheebrazzmonkey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thank you for the answers..
  • empathy9empathy9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What is going to happen to all the accumulated Nightmare Lockboxes that I haven't opened yet? I can't afford to buy 62+ keys!!
    edited August 2013
    aibot same thing happened to me, I submitted a ticket with proof as well and transaction I.D's , customer support sent me what I posted a few posts earlier, all in all their not doing anything about it. I purchased 35 dollars of zen and was supposed to receive an addtional 525 zen, nope lol You are going to most likley receive the msg I got, again scroll up. (go to 2nd page) first one who posted on this thread about this. Was talking about it for awhile. We got screwed and they don't do jack.
    aib0t wrote: »
  • demochalorddemochalord Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm more than a little annoyed i used 60+ keys and got 2 mystic phoera's (i already had the normal one), but a/the mount that i actually wanted never dropped. I got a large number of idols, enchant coffers, and leadership things but not a mount. This doesn't include the number i opened before this sale. It would've been cheaper and more practical for me to buy it from the auction.

Gotta say i'm disappointed. Especially since i've still got 20 or so lockboxes left but cannot afford to open.
  • geldrinhor62geldrinhor62 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm more than a little annoyed i used 60+ keys and got 2 mystic phoera's (i already had the normal one), but a/the mount that i actually wanted never dropped. I got a large number of idols, enchant coffers, and leadership things but not a mount. This doesn't include the number i opened before this sale. It would've been cheaper and more practical for me to buy it from the auction.

Gotta say i'm disappointed. Especially since i've still got 20 or so lockboxes left but cannot afford to open.

Don't feel too bad...I have opened about the same number of boxes and to date I have received 1 Phoera and the rest is little stuff (lots of coffers and a few jeweled idols...a couple of Leadership packs that turned into 3 Adventurers and a smattering of Guardsmen/footmen). I've also bought character slots (I have, at this point, 8 character slots). I started this fun back in Beta Weekend 3 (I was too late to get into 2 and too busy at that point as well). I HAVE managed to finagle a few freebies (Caturday Survivor, Savage North and Toril Adventurer titles) and am still watching the forums and fb for new ones that pop up. I am happy with the game, overall, but not entirely happy with the timeline of things...like when are the Drow gonna become a playable race WITHOUT having to shell out more money on Zen purchases? I can't really afford the $40/mo (I buy a game card each for myself and my wife to use) much longer. Besides...I got into trouble back in the day when EQ and EQ2 came out...not again.
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sad how many people STILL fall victim to these scam/gamble boxes, then sad and angry when they lose or don;t get what they wanted after spending all their ad or using money.
    On dragon, keys were/are selling faster then I could auction them. I made at-least 3 - 4m ad from suckers that want to gamble in a video game. tyvm:o
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • workerdroneworkerdrone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why does it ask for a Skrill account when I select Direct Credit Card ?
  • calfencalfen Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, I have a question.
    This sale is all nice, but the thing I don't understand is why people from Europe pay 18% more than those who pay in USD? If I changed EUR to USD and then I paid in USD, I would still save about 15% (some fee for currency change). I have no idea, how to pay in USD within your system - so this may be an academic question.

This does not motivate me to buy. Maybe this is some crazy taxation I don't know about, but I seriously doubt it.

Care to explain Cryptic?
    Thanks.