test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Get Bonus Zen for Neverwinter and Enchanted Keys on Sale!

2»

Comments

• prosper0theoneprosper0theone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    calfen wrote: »
    Well, I have a question.
    This sale is all nice, but the thing I don't understand is why people from Europe pay 18% more than those who pay in USD? If I changed EUR to USD and then I paid in USD, I would still save about 15% (some fee for currency change). I have no idea, how to pay in USD within your system - so this may be an academic question.

This does not motivate me to buy. Maybe this is some crazy taxation I don't know about, but I seriously doubt it.

Care to explain Cryptic?
    Thanks.

Nothing is worth the money, trust me. Don't buy their stuff. It's all a rip-off.

And regarding your last sentence "Care to explain Cryptic?", no, they don't care.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why I am getting charged (90 cents extra in each transaction when I use my credit card? I dint agree to pay $50.90 I agreed to pay $50, why are you so sly and hide these extra charges that are illegal?
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • valicovalico Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is nice. Thanks, Cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    calfen wrote: »
    Well, I have a question.
    This sale is all nice, but the thing I don't understand is why people from Europe pay 18% more than those who pay in USD? If I changed EUR to USD and then I paid in USD, I would still save about 15% (some fee for currency change). I have no idea, how to pay in USD within your system - so this may be an academic question.

This does not motivate me to buy. Maybe this is some crazy taxation I don't know about, but I seriously doubt it.

Care to explain Cryptic?
    Thanks.

It's VAT & it has to be collected on any transaction (over 23 Euro?) made by someone from an EU Country (so the UK & other non- euro countries in the EU are included)
    So most vendors setup an EU subsidiary and charge VAT on all transactions.
  • calfencalfen Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's VAT & it has to be collected on any transaction (over 23 Euro?) made by someone from an EU Country (so the UK & other non- euro countries in the EU are included)
    So most vendors setup an EU subsidiary and charge VAT on all transactions.

Ohh, ok. Thanks for explaining. I didn't realize that ZEN is probably considered to be software... Still, it would be nice if the transactions for 10EUR didn't include VAT.
  • roll0verroll0ver Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So the keys will remain the same, you are still being 'cryptic' about that? If I keep Nightmare Lockboxes unopened I will always be able to purchase the keys to open them later, or will this new system use a different key that will not open the old lockboxes?

BTW, please put together an FAQ when you make these types of changes, all of the questions are entirely foreseeable and the answers should not have to be wrung out of the poor forum admins! PW has a bad habit of springing these kind of surprises on us, and leaving more questions than answers with the communications around them.
  • theebrazzmonkeytheebrazzmonkey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rollover, back on page 2 Pin answered your question same one i asked..all keys will remain the same. now and future boxes.

l8r m8 Brazz
  • greeniewolf0greeniewolf0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 83
    edited August 2013
    I'm more than a little annoyed i used 60+ keys and got 2 mystic phoera's (i already had the normal one), but a/the mount that i actually wanted never dropped. I got a large number of idols, enchant coffers, and leadership things but not a mount. This doesn't include the number i opened before this sale. It would've been cheaper and more practical for me to buy it from the auction.

Gotta say i'm disappointed. Especially since i've still got 20 or so lockboxes left but cannot afford to open.

same here. since I started I've opened more than 70 boxes, 30 of them today, and no mount. Heck never even got a phoera. Yet I know people that have gotten 3 nightmares each today alone. I am now very much regretting buying the keys instead of the AD to get the mount. I would have even h settled for being able to have bought the twilight nightmare, but the amount of trade bars dropped by all those keys was nowhere near enough. Seriously, only 5 TB in some boxes? Really? UGH! If cryptic cares about it's customers they would fix bad cash transactions like those mentioned by others and also tweak Lockboxes so that if you haven't gotten the rarest drop after 50 that it automatically overrides the roll and gives you one....
  • prosper0theoneprosper0theone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    same here. since I started I've opened more than 70 boxes, 30 of them today, and no mount. Heck never even got a phoera. Yet I know people that have gotten 3 nightmares each today alone. I am now very much regretting buying the keys instead of the AD to get the mount. I would have even h settled for being able to have bought the twilight nightmare, but the amount of trade bars dropped by all those keys was nowhere near enough. Seriously, only 5 TB in some boxes? Really? UGH! If cryptic cares about it's customers they would fix bad cash transactions like those mentioned by others and also tweak Lockboxes so that if you haven't gotten the rarest drop after 50 that it automatically overrides the roll and gives you one....

Same here. More than 65 keys wasted, nothing. That's why whenever someone shouts in the game, I tell them not to make a mistake. I mean, no mount in the world is worth that money. We should get a compensation for that! If it's really only meant to "support the game". It shouldn't be a problem for them. Nothing is, and everything is.
  • don1bong2don1bong2 Banned Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2013
    seriously.. Banned for sharing a quest that i assumed was allowed to be shared. pathetic.. you can delete the post or ban the account you wont silence the gaming community!!