test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Really?

Comments

• diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ouch my butt hurts. So, no more quick AP generator on my DC and my CW? I wonder how this is going to work. I'm not sure we have another good AP generator. At least, CWs have entrangling force on tab, but we have um... Nothing.
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Ouch my butt hurts. So, no more quick AP generator on my DC and my CW? I wonder how this is going to work. I'm not sure we have another good AP generator. At least, CWs have entrangling force on tab, but we have um... Nothing.

it isn't going to work, AS drains divine power like mad as it is and now with less divine power it isn't likely clerics are going to keep anything up
    edited August 2013
    it isn't going to work, AS drains divine power like mad as it is and now with less divine power it isn't likely clerics are going to keep anything up

AP = action points. It's the yellow octagon for daily powers. Divinity hasn't been affected at all by the changes, according to the patch notes.
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    AP = action points. It's the yellow octagon for daily powers. Divinity hasn't been affected at all by the changes, according to the patch notes.

still may be a struggle, not really sure how much of an effect this will really have
    edited August 2013
    still may be a struggle, not really sure how much of an effect this will really have

It means less daily powers, like divine armor, hallowed ground, column of fire. Not a big deal in pve, since daily powers are mostly underwhelming and only very small dps/healing extras anyway, but in pvp, it's going to be a disaster along with the crazy hammer of fate nerf. It's like cryptic wants DCs not to get kills, blue gear rewards, top score and such, and force them into the healing role in pvp.

IIRC feated hallowed ground already counts for less than 3-4% of heals in dungeons, if you use it on CD atm. Divine armor is a nice feat for deepstone blessing, but we have sacred flame, and the extra tanking is nice to fill the 5s shield downtime, but it's not mandatory either. It means potions during the AS downtime, even less heals or mitigation from our crappy dailies... Well, they are only removing extras. Nothing to worry about. All of our dailies suck in pve. What do we lose? A lot less stuff than CWs. :)
  • troljtrolj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    I can not figure out where they are trying to push DCs. DPS is nerfed, healing and i mean the AoE healing - seems on its merry way to hell. Are they trying to push clerics in to using single target heals? But this is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in an Action MMO not to mention lag spikes players from other regions may have. They are shrinking player pool. Touching Sunburst was a low blow for me, since my build revolves around fast AP gain, around AoE heals. I do not care if FF now snares one enemy properly i care that will not be able to push out Hallowed Ground or Divine Armor fast enough. Or i could but i would have to sacrifice one healing power...
  • evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    trolj wrote: »
    Are they trying to push clerics in to using single target heals?

Seems like it. Soothing light is buffed, ooh, what an awesome power. Not.
  • roierroier Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Balance? They just rolled the dice to decide what to buff and debuff, "Balance".

An executive rolled the dices and with that earned his executive salary, instead of doing actual research work.
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not even going to comment - 1 retired DC!!!
  • hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Hammer of Fate hits for a bit too much damage, in a game where 90% of the times you get hit for 20k in the opening hit. Right...
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • kora33kora33 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm glad that i will have 2 days for testing all this new stuff before new MMO release :)
  • elahra1rahelahra1rah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Rt9JBfo.jpg
  • rhymfaxerhymfaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    The Sun Burst nerf will be as bad as the AS nerf. We won't have divinity to do more than keep AS up (oh the irony in them buffing our divine at-wills), meaning ALL other skills might as well not even have a divine mode. Hallowed Ground will be much less frequent, and that was a staple in my healing/mitigation rotation. Honestly it's like whoever is responsible for that nerf literally doesn't know what he's doing. Complete lack of understanding of the consequences of his actions.

Oh well, see you Neverwinter. I've been getting hooked on FireFall anyway.
  • suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There is no point in feating dailies anymore if they can't be kept-up regularly, and seeing as how Linked Spirit should now proc off Astral Shield, I'll be taking my 5 points from Moontouched and putting them in Linked Spirit.

That is until I leave the game out of boredom because PvP is no longer an option. Hammer of Fate was the one little ray of hope in our PvP arsenal, the one thing that could make that Rogue sorry about his decision to 1v1 you. Now you're going to be completely reliant on other people to do the killing for you, unless you completely gimped your healing to spec into DPS. Solo content like foundries are going to take much longer now too.

The only daily worth choosing for dungeons now is Divine Armor, and it should be saved for emergencies only. There's no point in choosing any of the new paragon abilities because they focus on damage mitigation, yet from what I've read none of them are as good as Foresight which you have to give-up if you want the new abilities. Hammer is now worse than Flame Strike, so don't bother putting points into it.
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    vorphied wrote: »
    15% AP gain for getting the killing blow with a Hammer that hits about as hard as Flame Strike, but on a single target only?

Ssshh, don't mention Flame Strike or they'll nerf that next. I've a feeling they will.

Anyway, on a more serious note, do any of the devs actually play a cleric actively and also PVP in PUGs? Because whenever other PVP'ers see a cleric, they tend to beeline for him or her... not only because the cleric can heal, but also because the cleric poses absolutely no threat otherwise. It feels to me that the devs don't like clerics and would rather no one else played them either, except to apply band-aids in epic dungeons.
  • danielztdanielzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    They just render Sun burst AP gain to "working as intended" is all, like what they are doing to CW's shields (I play both classes so, really not a big deal), this makes the game more challenging...so that you can not pop up one singularity after another in spellplague...
    As for hammers, (which apparently applies only in pvp), a healer gains respect from the others by keeping the rest of team alive, not by kicking asses.
  • maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    danielzt wrote: »
    They just render Sun burst AP gain to "working as intended" is all, like what they are doing to CW's shields (I play both classes so, really not a big deal), this makes the game more challenging...so that you can not pop up one singularity after another in spellplague...
    As for hammers, (which apparently applies only in pvp), a healer gains respect from the others by keeping the rest of team alive, not by kicking asses.

the best way to keep others alive is to keep yourself alive. Now if you get ganked, one of the best ways to get out of a cc fest gank is to dodge then use HoF it would at least buy you some time for your team to assist you and a chance to kill 1 of your attackers or at least push him off/render him useless for a couple of secs and/or make him run for a pot. But now.... doh!
    edited August 2013
    the best way to keep others alive is to keep yourself alive. Now if you get ganked, one of the best ways to get out of a cc fest gank is to dodge then use HoF it would at least buy you some time for your team to assist you and a chance to kill 1 of your attackers or at least push him off/render him useless for a couple of secs and/or make him run for a pot. But now.... doh!

In that case, a properly placed flame strike should work as well... or a DM sun burst... plus they only nerfed the damage of the hammer, NOT the EFFECT...so what you are saying really doesn't make sense... you just want to KILL xD
    edited August 2013

Sun burst had a cap of five targets.... Five targets.... Yeah that definitely was too OP, yep no other fixes were needed besides gimping an already gimped class more. Totally THE most important fix. Dont come at me with other classes receiving nerfs, they are not at the bottom of food chain, well besides a CW. I am not sure how hard it hits CWs I have one and most likely i will have to see what i can do about AP since i did not build to generate them fast and Shield was lucky charm to get Singularity decently fast. Chances are we will see 2 CWs as a must. Leaving one class behind borders. PvP was pointless for DC as it is but after update it would be "lol wut did you forget here?" "Whoops sorry i QUEd by mistake" or " Bare with me, im here for dailies QQ".

But of course i forgot the game is too easy for 14k GS people. Right! Lets make it down right unplayable in PvE for the rest and gimp support classes even more in PvP. Fantastic logic.
    edited August 2013
    sadly but flame strike casts too long .. and as I've said if i can take 1 of my attacks out or at least make him run for a pot then thats good. The best pvp control is a dead enemy.

Clerics' HoF is one of the reasons why some people become hesitant about attacking a cleric. Some people know attacking a fully charged cleric can be risky. But with this nerf, its gonna make it more easier to gank the cleric.

As for a DIVINE SB youre just gonna get dashed and you cant really use it against CWs whos gonna cc and ice sword you.

What they should nerf is the Rogue,GF, and GWF's survivability in pvp.
    edited August 2013
    trolj wrote: »
    Sun burst had a cap of five targets.... Five targets.... Yeah that definitely was too OP, yep no other fixes were needed besides gimping an already gimped class more. Totally THE most important fix. Dont come at me with other classes receiving nerfs, they are not at the bottom of food chain, well besides a CW. I am not sure how hard it hits CWs I have one and most likely i will have to see what i can do about AP since i did not build to generate them fast and Shield was lucky charm to get Singularity decently fast. Chances are we will see 2 CWs as a must. Leaving one class behind borders. PvP was pointless for DC as it is but after update it would be "lol wut did you forget here?" "Whoops sorry i QUEd by mistake" or " Bare with me, im here for dailies QQ".

But of course i forgot the game is too easy for 14k GS people. Right! Lets make it down right unplayable in PvE for the rest and gimp support classes even more in PvP. Fantastic logic.

It gets nerfed not because it's OP, it's because no skill should have AP gain scaled with number of target hit, as is true for CW's shield.
    So stop talking about this skill being OP or not, it's just being rendered as the dev's original intention.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It gets nerfed not because it's OP, it's because no skill should have AP gain scaled with number of target hit, as is true for CW's shield.
    So stop talking about this skill being OP or not, it's just being rendered as the dev's original intention.

It is you who is talking nonsense. Anything can be re-rendered as "original intention". So, for 6+ months, the game has been working as unintended? :)

Also, if you were correct, then other spells like CW's Entangling on tab slot or GF's Frontline Surge etc., all core spells, would not work in this manner.

You will see how often throughout the patch notes, so many radical changes are listed as unintended. This wording is very deliberate...
    edited August 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    It is you who is talking nonsense. Anything can be re-rendered as "original intention". So, for 6+ months, the game has been working as unintended? :)

Also, if you were correct, then other spells like CW's Entangling on tab slot, a core spell, would not work in this manner.

Lol, so when i did the CTA event, i could cast even one singularity right after another is thx to the huge AP gain with shield work as intended then... same works for DC... and yet I don't call your argument "nonsense"...

FYI, i deduce which is "original intention" and which is not by a simple word:
    However, this power no longer incorrectly multiplies the intended Action Point gain per cast by the number of enemy targets affected.

A nerf would look like:
    However, the power's overall damage has been reduced by 40%.
    edited August 2013
    Lol, so when i did the CTA event, i could cast even one singularity right after another is thx to the huge AP gain with shield work as intended then... same works for DC... and yet I don't call your argument "nonsense"...

Like I said, this is how the game has been for 6+ months. It is you who are new and who seems to think that this is not a core part of CW's playstyle.

How else do you think a single CW has been able to control mobs, even in the presence of tanks who have target caps of just 5 mobs?
    edited August 2013
    FYI, i deduce which is "original intention" and which is not by a simple word:
    However, this power no longer incorrectly multiplies the intended Action Point gain per cast by the number of enemy targets affected.

A nerf would look like:
    However, the power's overall damage has been reduced by 40%.

Nope. That's what you expect to see. Look at the actions, not the words, and look at them in context.

Words can be used to manipulate all the time. Clearly, in your case, they have succeeded!
    edited August 2013
    i think the dev's game testers are so pro, and never considered the fact that not all players are good.

I PUG a lot. last night i went to do t1 out of boredom. had a pretty dumb mage who was full t2 with ancient rings.... and he was dumb. No wonder he was still doing t1.

Now make it more even difficult for puggers.
    edited August 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    Nope. That's what you expect to see. Look at the actions, not the words, and look at them in context.

Words can be used to manipulate all the time. Clearly, in your case, they have succeeded!

The devs have absolutely no need to manipulate words in order to make nerf look more comfortable... (well unless you threaten their kids)...otherwise it's just you thinking too highly of you..
    edited August 2013

WTH are you talking about? This is core mechanics! Dc runs around with one offensive spell. That spell needs to generated AP and DP FAST. Otherwise i am forced to slot a second damage spell gimping my healing...... We do NOT produce enough healing as it is. They are pushing DC in to single target healing by the looks of it, which is BS in action MMO. People from other regions have lag, they are shrinking player base. This skill, i repeat CAPED at five targets, its an AP/DP battery which DC needed if they wanted to play a support roll. If it did not work as intended why did they not correct it along with Astral Shield when they looked in to clerics? God knows the amount it generated was glaringly obvious from vary beginning.

But hell forget it, the update will go live like every other before it. One less DC who will care?

*Edit* Putting points in to Daily powers now will be useless, they should remove those feats from trees. About CWs as was pointed before this post, thats how a singe Control Wizard did, well controling. What its not suppose to do anymore i gues. Having two Cws will be mandatory leaving one class out, we all know who the black sheep in PvE is and apearently will be for a long time, GWF. Cuting damage on some DPS powers dose not help a CW in PvP or PvE ether.
    edited August 2013
    i think the dev's game testers are so pro, and never considered the fact that not all players are good.

I PUG a lot. last night i went to do t1 out of boredom. had a pretty dumb mage who was full t2 with ancient rings.... and he was dumb. No wonder he was still doing t1.

Now make it more even difficult for puggers.

They are making it even more difficult now that DD chests are BoP, meaning that even your pretty dumb mage wouldn't descend into T1 dgs.
  • sagiitaursagiitaur Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Lol, adding AP gain on kill for HOF ... likely someone will get the kill between the hits on HOF