test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Really?

thecoat9thecoat9 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Temple
Devoted Cleric
Astral Shield (Divine): Healing is now properly considered to come from an Encounter power.
Chains of Blazing Light: The chain no longer sometimes activates in a much larger area than intended.
Flame Strike: Damage is now properly considered to come from a Daily power.
Forgemaster's Flame: Ranking up this power now properly improves the Snare effect as much as stated on the tooltip. This improves the effect.
Hammer of Fate: This power dealt far too much damage overall, so it's gained a new feature and had its damage reduced.
If the power deals a killing blow, the player will now regain 15% of maximum AP (at max rank). However, the power's overall damage has been reduced by 40%.
Punishing Light (Divine): The cost to maintain this power has been reduced by 20%.
Soothing Light (Divine): This power now heals for up to 20% more, based on the target's missing health.
Sun Burst: When hitting both enemies and other allies at the same time, the player now gains 25% more Action Points from this power.
However, this power no longer incorrectly multiplies the intended Action Point gain per cast by the number of enemy targets affected.
Feat: Cycle of Change: This feat no longer counts as an At-will power for the purpose of triggering effects.
Feat: Healing Step: This feat no longer counts as an Encounter power for the purpose of triggering effects.
Feat: Sovereign Justice: This feat no longer counts as an Encounter power for the purpose of triggering effects.

Yea screw you too PE.
Post edited by thecoat9 on

Comments

• braanubraanu Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2013
    I am so quitting when this change goes though.

With only 7 days before this goes to the live server, there's no chance of it being retracted or changed.

It's just wonderful.

I hear a new MMO starts just 2 days after this nightmare patch hits. Something to think about PE/Cryptic...
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thecoat9 wrote: »
    Devoted Cleric
    Astral Shield (Divine): Healing is now properly considered to come from an Encounter power.
    Chains of Blazing Light: The chain no longer sometimes activates in a much larger area than intended.
    Forgemaster's Flame: Ranking up this power now properly improves the Snare effect as much as stated on the tooltip. This improves the effect.
    Hammer of Fate: This power dealt far too much damage overall, so it's gained a new feature and had its damage reduced.
    If the power deals a killing blow, the player will now regain 15% of maximum AP (at max rank). However, the power's overall damage has been reduced by 40%.
    Punishing Light (Divine): The cost to maintain this power has been reduced by 20%.
    Soothing Light (Divine): This power now heals for up to 20% more, based on the target's missing health.
    Sun Burst: When hitting both enemies and other allies at the same time, the player now gains 25% more Action Points from this power.
    However, this power no longer incorrectly multiplies the intended Action Point gain per cast by the number of enemy targets affected.
    Feat: Cycle of Change: This feat no longer counts as an At-will power for the purpose of triggering effects.
    Feat: Healing Step: This feat no longer counts as an Encounter power for the purpose of triggering effects.
    Feat: Sovereign Justice: This feat no longer counts as an Encounter power for the purpose of triggering effects.

Yea screw you too PE.

Hammer of Fate nerf is unnecessary. You can't argue that it's overpowered in PvP considering that the damage is delivered over multiple strikes, any or all of which being dodgeable, blockable, or simply avoided by running away quickly enough or hiding behind the environment.

15% AP gain for getting the killing blow with a Hammer that hits about as hard as Flame Strike, but on a single target only? How does this constitute incentive to use it as a Daily in the first place?

I love my DC, but there is no denying that it's the least user-friendly of the classes as it is. We all enjoy a challenge, but maybe focus less on "fixing" the small advantages the class enjoys and more on making improvements that alleviate its current state of being pigeon-holed and generally abused except perhaps at the very top levels of skill and gear.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• battlestationvbattlestationv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Devoted Cleric

Yea screw you too PE.

and they just officially killed the cleric class thanks cryptic/pwi you clearly have shown me you have no idea wtf your doing with this class. thanks for making one of the squishiest classes and nerfing them instead of giving them something they really need like defense or something that keeps us alive our aggro is terrbile our self heals terrible and now this sh^&. hammer was fine before who the hell has ever complained about it? it's one of our only viable dps dailies and thanks to you our class is just taking up space. stop catering to the flavor of the month classes people who pay and play a cleric should be outraged i know i am. :mad:x a billion
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I am wondering just how big a nerf that equates to.
  • suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow, it's like they don't even want people to play Clerics anymore.

Are they releasing a new healing/support class and want people to reroll that instead?
    edited August 2013
    suxip01111 wrote: »
    Wow, it's like they don't even want people to play Clerics anymore.

Are they releasing a new healing/support class and want people to reroll that instead?

dig your graves for your clerics now cause theres gonna be a mass exodus. they should never have made a cleric class in the firstplace or they have no idea what they're doing. does some 10 year old run this company and sits there and goes "bwahahaha well all our best classes need a punching bag" cause it's either that or a room full of cigarette smoking monkeys at computers is making these patches. heres a tip cryptic/PWI you want people to keep buying **** from you well maybe put a little more effort into the actual game then the cash shop way to destroy a really nice game. is your model for business make a bunch of fast cash from the zen sales then drive the game into the ground? way to make a quick buck.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The sad thing is that Hammer actually took some skill to use correctly since 4/5 classes could partially or completely avoid taking its damage, and the fifth would just use it as Unstoppable fuel unless killed by it. Playing CW and DC in PvP I can't remember the last time an enemy DC actually killed me with a Hammer; they usually time it wrong.

That being said, Hammer is one of the ONLY powers that can make opponents respect a DC's potential threat.

Now I'm almost certain to pull all my points out of it. Losing Hammer doesn't ruin my playstyle, but it removes a tool from my already limited toolbox.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited August 2013
    vorphied wrote: »
    The sad thing is that Hammer actually took some skill to use correctly since 4/5 classes could partially or completely avoid taking its damage, and the fifth would just use it as Unstoppable fuel unless killed by it. Playing CW and DC in PvP I can't remember the last time an enemy DC actually killed me with a Hammer; they usually time it wrong.

That being said, Hammer is one of the ONLY powers that can make opponents respect a DC's potential threat.

Now I'm almost certain to pull all my points out of it. Losing Hammer doesn't ruin my playstyle, but it removes a tool from my already limited toolbox.

well good luck to you and with that theres like maybe 2 tools in your set left for any kind of dps. clerics are like a plumber who only has a screw driver and a plunger someone stole his alen wrench. are players gonna laugh at us when were spamming lance or sacred(sarcasm). ff ticks so low daunting hits decent if you have divinity and divine glow maybe prophecy but it's not really used for the dmg but the debuff to defense.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    woohoo soothing light has been buffed!
    yes the snare in forgemasters has been increased!
    Awesome punishing light costs less to maintain!

never used hammer anyhow...

so if we can just get buffs to bastion, healing word and our other heals now *makes huge kitten eyes*
  • shelendilshelendil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kiralia wrote: »

I am wondering just how big a nerf that equates to.

Right now I can keep Hallowed Ground down 100% with five enemies to hit. It takes me two cycles of sunburst + at-wills to fill my meter. Of those 50 points lets say 1/5th comes from at-wills and ethereal boon and 4/5ths comes from sunburst. 40 points from hitting 5 enemies is reduced to 8 points from hitting 1 enemy *1.25 for also healing = 10 points per sunburst. So it will take me five cycles of sunburst to fill the meter.

Instead of a daily every 15 sec, it will be a daily every ~37.5 sec.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Big nerfs to current playstyles all around and even more of a paper weight in pvp.

Hammer of Fate gone.
    Sunburst big nerfs to AP gain. So, fewer Divine Armor and HGs for large pulls.
    If cleric DPS was viable before, it's buh-bye now!

It's seems they have gone all out for targetted pure At-Will healing. Fun times ahead, especially old beta players, lol!

If you look at all the other nerfs, especially to CW's control, its a double whammy!
    edited August 2013
    It's pretty stupid to put out a patch with "balance changes" that anyone could interpret as a nerf, when another fresh MMO is starting up just 2 days after.

Asta...
  • maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    which mmo? am getting tired and bored of the nerfs and changes, they dont even focus on fixing the current bugs.
  • traceeobtraceeob Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Devoted Cleric

Yea screw you too PE.

I'm baffled. Where is the nerf to Hammer of Fate coming from? I read the forums a lot and not once have I ever seen anyone complain about clerics hitting too hard. Not once have I seen anyone say we're a threat in PvP. *Sigh*

Played a bit last night and was getting upset because I literally could not do anything due to being ping-ponged around. Decided to stop playing altogether because it's just not fun constantly being prone and getting my bum handed to me. Of all the things they could've changed for this class, this is what they come up with. I love healing, and cleric is the only option we have here. But, if this is the direction they are headed in, then there's no point in investing any more time on my clerics...or this game.
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    vorphied wrote: »

This It's good damage but hard to get all 3 hits to hit their target in PvP and in PvE it's balanced because it is single target not AoE. Clerics do not need nerfs, they are already extremely weak because they die so fast. Buff their defences and remove the self heal debuff and they would be in a good spot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    traceeob wrote: »
    I'm baffled. Where is the nerf to Hammer of Fate coming from? I read the forums a lot and not once have I ever seen anyone complain about clerics hitting too hard. Not once have I seen anyone say we're a threat in PvP. *Sigh*

Played a bit last night and was getting upset because I literally could not do anything due to being ping-ponged around. Decided to stop playing altogether because it's just not fun constantly being prone and getting my bum handed to me. Of all the things they could've changed for this class, this is what they come up with. I love healing, and cleric is the only option we have here. But, if this is the direction they are headed in, then there's no point in investing any more time on my clerics...or this game.

clerics were the only class that shouldnt have been nerfed in fact they need a defense buff and fix the **** aggro also they could have removed righteousness. who the hell wants to play a heal bot now at least with hammer and certain encounters we could have done a little dps.. these nerfs just make me mad im def quitting my cleric after this. cryptic i think needs new devs what did they just hire all the terrible ones from other mmo's.
    edited August 2013
    which mmo? am getting tired and bored of the nerfs and changes, they dont even focus on fixing the current bugs.

Final Fantasy 14. I know I know, it sucked before A Realm Reborn. It might suck again come the 24th, who knows.

I do know the most fun I've ever had in an MMO was the 5 years I played FFXI. The first 2 years before goldsellers began to and ultimately ruined it were the most awesome time I've ever had in a game.

If there's just a little bit of that bleeding into the new game I can't wait to play something different while the Cleric class here bites the big one for PvE and PvP.
    edited August 2013
    Back on topic...

Come Aug 22nd we have the following happening:

Sunburst AP nerf
    Sunburst tabbing to proc Linked Spirit nerf (going to make these dungeons more boring now you can't even position self to do this now)
    Hammer 40% dmg nerf

Food for thought:
    1) The changes to Sunburst AP gain will make the time between Hollowed Ground placements very long (approx 20 seconds from time it disappears to best case scenario to reapply it).
    2) CW shield and AP gain changes are going to make them more squishy and less able to CC as often as they can now.

What you're probably going to see is having to run a party with a tank combined with probably needing to run 2 Clerics (again) as once was the case way back when.

The pulls are going to be smaller. Dungeons are going to take a LOT longer to clear.

Let's face it, when you've done the dungeons in a fast group, doing them in a group that clears them slowly sucks. The dungeons are NOT fun to run in a slow manner.

The game is about to become not fun, not on my Cleric. Not from what I'm seeing.
  • hideto1988hideto1988 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    braanu wrote: »
    Back on topic...

Come Aug 22nd we have the following happening:

Sunburst AP nerf
    Sunburst tabbing to proc Linked Spirit nerf (going to make these dungeons more boring now you can't even position self to do this now)
    Hammer 40% dmg nerf

Food for thought:
    1) The changes to Sunburst AP gain will make the time between Hollowed Ground placements very long (approx 20 seconds from time it disappears to best case scenario to reapply it).
    2) CW shield and AP gain changes are going to make them more squishy and less able to CC as often as they can now.

What you're probably going to see is having to run a party with a tank combined with probably needing to run 2 Clerics (again) as once was the case way back when.

The pulls are going to be smaller. Dungeons are going to take a LOT longer to clear.

Let's face it, when you've done the dungeons in a fast group, doing them in a group that clears them slowly sucks. The dungeons are NOT fun to run in a slow manner.

The game is about to become not fun, not on my Cleric. Not from what I'm seeing.

GG.. Cryptic so bad...
    edited August 2013
    well 7 days before launch this is going live regardless gg cryptic epic fail
  • torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, these changes suck. DCs needed a slight defense buff or the removal of righteousness. Make it a dps / righteousness trade-off like the LotRO Warspeech Minstrel. When in dps mode they need a damage buff at a healing and defense expense. Right now this is not being achieved. The balance changes don't accomplish this and they make the class feel ineffective.

You're breaking the fun rule. People play rpgs to kick ***. The moment you stop kicking *** is when you start logging into other games. Make the math fit the fun, not the other way around.
  • maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    well with the cleric nerf (my main)... again and CW(2nd fave toon) AP gain gonna be nerfed too....... + the constant connection lag, + the start of getting bored because old bugs are still there.... i guess its time to move onto the next game.
  • evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I rolled a twink GF while trying to scrap some ADs to buy enchantments for my poor cleric (don't feel that Cryptic deserves cash for already maiming the class this badly), and sadly, I enjoy the twink much more. Finished a low-level dungeon in a group of 4 without a cleric, nobody in my party died or was near death. And at the same time I wasn't feeling that my GF is some gimped support character, he was wreaking ball, and I was having, ya know, fun.

I like the challenge of playing a support class, I always play them when I can, but the power disparity between classes in this game is just horrendous, and they dare to nerf clerics once more? Why, for what purpose, did some rookie rogue in the green gear had a hard time PWNing clerics by clicking one button? These nerfs are utterly idiotic. If this goes life, I won't participate in random queues anymore with my healer, even if some new event will appear. The challenge of carrying the potentially bad group won't simply be worth any measly reward.
  • baqqarabaqqara Member Posts: 41
    edited August 2013
    Considering all those nerfs (if i am not mistaken tr, gwf and cw are also getting nerfed) this might turn out to be a buff. Clearly they want us to use divine at wills more. So just try it. Sounds good to me.

If you crunch the numbers on what was possible, i kinda get why they nerfed SB. 100% uptime on a 30% off/def Buff is huge. With an additional heavy Divine Glow use... well.
    Then again... this was, what gave us our spot in groups, it made up for the fact that you "wasted" a dps slot in the group. We have to wait and see how much the uptime actually drops.

Edit: GF should prolly take dracolichs place and vice versa. Now that would be balancing.
  • tursiotursio Member Posts: 69
    edited August 2013
    I'm starting to wonder if the best party composition to run 5 mans with is about to be...

like...

5 GFs/GWFs.

Also I would like the Punishing Light divinity cost decrease if Punishing Light was worth using more often than once in a blue moon. Its DPS isn't even that good, and I usually have better things to do with my divinity.

I'm happy about the Soothing Light buff, as it sorely needed it, but still... I dunno, it just seems kind of bleh all around. xD
  • aselia669aselia669 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    With cw ,gwf, dc, and tr getting nerfed in feywild that release countdown on the launcher looks more like a doomsday countdown. :(
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Still, there is this:
    Gateway

Inventory Updates – Managing your inventory has just gotten better in Gateway. With the next update you will be able to claim and Refine Astral Diamonds, open reward chests, view your professions assets and companions.

So basically all they need to do is add "gateway praying" and you won't even need to bother playing at all.:rolleyes:
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    More seriously, HoF nerf is unarguably stupid (herpy derp devs: "sotp doin dmg, nub clerics lol"), but it was a situationally gimpy skill anyway: 90% of the time it just got dodged/blocked. It could do some nice numbers, but yeah: if you killed someone with it, it was more because they sucked rather than because it was an awesome OP skill.
    So the change is less annoying, and more....downright perplexing. Especially the AP gain on a kill. Yeah, that's going to work wonders. About the only time that's gonna realistically proc is if you use HoF in PvE, and if you're doing that....well, why are you doing that?

Sunburst could be a killer for me, though. That skill is SO **** USEFUL. Even with the lack of linked spirit proccing, I was planning to keep it on my bar because it just generates AP/DP like crazy.

Soothing light and punishing light are (even buffed like this) still laughably useless. 20%? You'd have to double soothing light healing to make it even close to worthwhile. It's still almost always better to use any encounter that heals from divinity. And punishing light? Nobody uses punishing light. It's an atrocious waste of D. Yes, to snipe a critically wounded dude in PvP, maybe (which you can now do 20% faster! Go you!), but it's essentially "the power you use by accident when the server borks your D-switching, and that makes you swear". That's it.

All of which is a shame, because the changes to astral shield, forgemasters and flamestrike seem quite encouraging: maybe AS will actually proc stuff now? Like linked spirit? That would be fantastic.

Except I just don't think I can be arsed anymore.
  • jimcrocejimcroce Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm sorry that whomever is burdened with reading this first may not be the one responsible for which I require assistance. I am no particular player of importance, yet I fear these times call for a vanguard or hero if you will. I Jim Croce, Protector of Neverwinter, cleric of Kelemvor, and Defender of the faiths will take this responsibility. It has come to knowledge that changes will be coming soon to the population of protectors enclave, most especially changes to my fellow keepers of faith. This is why I have contacted you today by messenger bird Lord Cryptic. I may not have the glory of being a lord of your stature but, I have spent many a time protecting your realm, and have a following, a quild if you will, devoted to my cause. I must hear from your lips that the following amendments to your law are final and true: #1 My hammer may only deliver 3/5 the justice to neverwinters enemys. #2 I must require much more time preparing my hallow ground from battle. If these are truths you speak then, mark my words Lord Cryptic, Jim Croce and his followers will find a new realm to protect, and a new beneficiary for their copper. I expect that you will make haste in response since the times are so dire.

With wavering loyally,
    You don't mess around with Jim
  • jimcrocejimcroce Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm sorry that whomever is burdened with reading this first may not be the one responsible for which I require assistance. I am no particular player of importance, yet I fear these times call for a vanguard or hero if you will. I Jim Croce, Protector of Neverwinter, cleric of Kelemvor, and Defender of the faiths will take this responsibility. It has come to knowledge that changes will be coming soon to the population of protectors enclave, most especially changes to my fellow keepers of faith. This is why I have contacted you today by messenger bird Lord Cryptic. I may not have the glory of being a lord of your stature but, I have spent many a time protecting your realm, and have a following, a quild if you will, devoted to my cause. I must hear from your lips that the following amendments to your law are final and true: #1 My hammer may only deliver 3/5 the justice to neverwinters enemys. #2 I must require much more time preparing my hallow ground from battle. If these are truths you speak then, mark my words Lord Cryptic, Jim Croce and his followers will find a new realm to protect, and a new beneficiary for their copper. I expect that you will make haste in response since the times are so dire.

With wavering loyally,
    You don't mess around with Jim