test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Coalescent Ward from Celestial coins.

runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Was the chance of getting a coalescent ward from the 7 coin box changed? First couple weeks I played I got a ton of coalescent wards (seemed about a 50/50 chance between them and the green ones). Lately I haven't gotten any.

RNG is RNG and all that. But you would think that across 14 characters I would have gotten at least one in the last couple weeks. Has me kind of wondering. When I searched about it I saw another thread of someone complaining that they were getting lower level enchants than what was listed as possible on the box. I try to keep up with the patch notes. I didn't see anything, but I could have missed something. Anyone know for sure if they did or didn't nerf the 7 coin enchantment box?
Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
Post edited by runebane on

Comments

• Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They make less money if these Coalescant Wards get out too easy...
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sounds like you were just lucky, for me the drop rate has always been closer to 1/20. :P
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    azahron wrote: »
    Sounds like you were just lucky, for me the drop rate has always been closer to 1/20. :P

Ok. I know that's a very real possibility. I just got spoiled finding so many at first I guess.
  • Options
    foreadforead Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am really wondering about the same issue....
    I know about chances n stuff but this is getting ridiculous, maybe it really is a bug?

Boxes I have opened in the past couple of months:
    on my TR: 4 boxes, only green wards
    on my DC: 6 boxes, only green wards
    on my CW: 9 boxes, only green wards
    on my GF: 10-12 boxes, 1 coalescent ward
    that makes it 1 out of 30! boxes....

And this is conservative calculation, I actually still have 28 green wards in my inventory and already used a couple

When I talk to my guild mates, they tell me they get at least 1 blue out of 4 or 5 coffers
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, I was rocking 20% the first couple of weeks. I haven't see a C Ward in 3 weeks now. So discouraging.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    Drop rate seems to be about 1 in 8. I have 4 toons, I get a coal ward every 2 weeks.
  • Options
    korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited August 2013
    I have gotten 5 so far with 6 toons doing it weekly for the last couple months and my first couple toons doing it since open beta. I did not see any for a couple months but the last month has been pretty good to me.
  • Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    But you would think that across 14 characters I would have gotten at least one in the last couple weeks.

They says you farm too much and exploit the game that's why they put 0.00001% chance specially just for you.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I only saved up 7 coins one time, because i cannot play everyday. It gave me a blue ward. I hink i was lucky.

• Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i haven't been keeping track of whether the rate has been changed recently, but overall I have got ~20% blue wards.
  • Options
    zaodonnzaodonn Member Posts: 109
    edited August 2013
    The drop rate is absolutely 1 in 2000. Because that's how many I've gotten in 2000 boxes.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zaodonn wrote: »
    The drop rate is absolutely 1 in 2000. Because that's how many I've gotten in 2000 boxes.

You've opened 2000 boxes since joining in July? Color me skeptical.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    zaodonnzaodonn Member Posts: 109
    edited August 2013
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    You've opened 2000 boxes since joining in July? Color me skeptical.

I told you a million times, I never exaggerate.
  • Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    zaodonn wrote: »
    I told you a million times, I never exaggerate.

its possible if they have 100 characters, and can enter the game all at once in just one click of a button. LOL.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    foread wrote: »
    When I talk to my guild mates, they tell me they get at least 1 blue out of 4 or 5 coffers

This is about what I've been getting lately. As I said before (months ago) I must have just been very lucky with my first bunch of boxes.
  • Options
    vikingbradvikingbrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since you can sell Coffers for 20-25K, its much better to sellon AH 4-5 and buy Coal for 100-110K
    Ricky Gervatheist Lvl 60 DC on Dragon Server
    Looking for a guild for PvE Dungeons to suit AEST evenings
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since beta up to this week I have gotten +/- 70 green for 15 blue wards. but they said upon launch patch that they would fix the boxes (I think it was not really dropping blue wards since I got Nothing before the launch patch) maybe 1/8 is a correct assumption.

to be honest I'm happy with it, if you are a casual player it's enough to give you one or two characters lesser/normal enchants equipped. and if you are hardcore you will really really have to expend money/ad on the AH/zen store, witch is fine by me.
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I normally at least get 1 a week from 4 characters, but have seen a downturn in that but maybe that's me just being more desperate for the AD it will bring in:/
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    From my experience I'd guess it's around the 15% - 20% mark too , I have had a total of 6 , every one I have had has been when I have opened at least 2 or more in one go , I have never had one when I tried opening a single one.
  • Options
    tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So far I've received one, invoking on two characters since about a week after the game went live. I consider that very lucky given the zen price for it.
  • Options
    merlin420idmerlin420id Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow, looking at this post, and talking to some of the guys in my guild, I must have the best luck in the entire world. I would estimate that I get a C-ward 1/5 times and this has been consistant throughout my time with NW. Currently, all my toons (13 of em) are sitting on at least one C-ward. Now if I could only have the same luck with lockboxes, I'd be golden!

Here's something that's happened to me a couple times but hasn't happened for a month or so, has it happened to anyone else?

So I get my 7 celestials and purchase my coffer. Go into my inventory and all I find is a party popper and they've taken away one coin. This has happened to me 4-5 times since the game began, but like I said, not in the last month or so.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Wow, looking at this post, and talking to some of the guys in my guild, I must have the best luck in the entire world. I would estimate that I get a C-ward 1/5 times and this has been consistant throughout my time with NW. Currently, all my toons (13 of em) are sitting on at least one C-ward. Now if I could only have the same luck with lockboxes, I'd be golden!

Here's something that's happened to me a couple times but hasn't happened for a month or so, has it happened to anyone else?

So I get my 7 celestials and purchase my coffer. Go into my inventory and all I find is a party popper and they've taken away one coin. This has happened to me 4-5 times since the game began, but like I said, not in the last month or so.

About 1/5 of the time is what I have noticed too. Remember that the people who are most likely to post in a thread like this are the ones who get bad luck.

Also the party popper thing has happened to me a couple of times. It occurs when you double click on the Coffer but for some reason (lag?) it doesn't update the highlighted option so if you just click the buy button you get the popper.....
  • Options
    schulz87schulz87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was lucky one time opening 10 toons with 7/10 being blue, now all I got for 2 weeks was green
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've played around with it a bit. Seems like when I get one on one character if I open boxes on others right after they will also get one. I think its bad programming.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I've played around with it a bit. Seems like when I get one on one character if I open boxes on others right after they will also get one. I think its bad programming.

Interesting.

Someone mentioned that he thought the random element for profession nodes was time-block based also.
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    holt3 wrote: »
    They make less money if these Coalescant Wards get out too easy...

People just create more bots , noone will pay 1k zen for a C.Ward , get real .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    foreadforead Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Another week gone... I'm giving up.

only 1 coalescent ward out of 34 coffers!!!
    Chance of 3%?
    Maybe I give it one more try on my 4 chars, if I don't get a coal ward next time I will only get the profession one from now on...
    And if that also turns out to be only <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I will go for the party poo thingi :P That one at least has an effect (even though only for approx. half a second...)
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Moved to the "crying posts" category :/
    bad luck, move on.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    foread wrote: »
    Another week gone... I'm giving up.

only 1 coalescent ward out of 34 coffers!!!
    Chance of 3%?
    Maybe I give it one more try on my 4 chars, if I don't get a coal ward next time I will only get the profession one from now on...
    And if that also turns out to be only <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I will go for the party poo thingi :P That one at least has an effect (even though only for approx. half a second...)

I think you are just having a very unlucky streak.

On one of my characters I had 0 blue wards out of 11 tries whereas on another I had 4 Blue in a row at the start...
  • Options
    maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited August 2013
    I open 5 coffers a week and this is what I have gotten and noticed. I need my AD's for something else and there fore I started to notice the drop rate.

Week 1 - 4 cw
    Week 2 - 3 cw
    Week 3 - 1 cw
    Week 4 - 1 cw
    Week 5 - 1 cw