Install Arc
Options

Coalescent Ward from Celestial coins.

Comments

• Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    maisaan wrote: »
    I open 5 coffers a week and this is what I have gotten and noticed. I need my AD's for something else and there fore I started to notice the drop rate.

Week 1 - 4 cw
    Week 2 - 3 cw
    Week 3 - 1 cw
    Week 4 - 1 cw
    Week 5 - 1 cw

I think you might have just been lucky in weeks one and two.

My average over all my characters is pretty close to 20%, although I have one with 11 greens and not a single blue and another who had 4 blues in a row at the start....
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have 3 characters who can invoke and they all do it at the same time so I hit 7 coins at the same time on all of them. One week two out of three both got coalescent wards, and one of them got another coal ward after that so she had two for a while, but everything else has been preservation wards. The fun (infuriating?) thing about probability is that even 0.00001% chances are bound to happen once in a while and even 99% chances miss once in a while.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    gek1956gek1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I got my last 60 reasonably geared with 5s and 6s just before the patch but had to use all my wards to finish him up. before it looked like about a 20% drop rate but on counting this morning I see 3 blues and 30 greens in my guild bank, as my unplayed professions toons also pray and invoke as do the others. I have noticed a definite decline and now it seems to be closer to 10 % than 20%.

Equally annoying is the uncertainty of just what is up as the patch notes posted, particularly the weeklies, are often inaccurate and as full of holes as swiss cheese. Maybe they hope if they just close their eyes and cross their fingers we won't notice the changes. :D
  • Options
    aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have 6 toons that I pray w/. Seems like I have gotten 2 c wards over the last month w/ em. So, 2 in 24/1 out of 12 or so for me it seems. 8% drop chance for me. Pretty craptastic. Then again, it doesn't take much time or effort so not expecting a great payoff..
  • Options
    darkshogundarkshogun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I play 2 months and pray on 4 toons everyday and I never get a coalescent ward Its a scam
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Never got any C.wards the first two weeks of playing (started with Open beta), so I stopped opening boxes and just sold them.
    Opened a set of 7 boxes post-Feywild for kicks, got a C.ward.

RNG is RNG. /shrug
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    the drop rate as deffinatly been nerfed. i have 6 lvl 60's and 4 other toons over lvl 40 i use as bank like alts for enchants and storing gear etc on, ALL prey most days, months ago i religiously made sure all preyed everyday, mainly for the coin coffer and the Coal wards for fusing enchants with for my mains.
    During open beta and after 'live' launch all always had 7 coins every week without fail on all 10 characters, so i used to get 10 coffers per week without fail, up until around 1 mounth after 'live' launch i always got 2 to 3 Coal wards each week minimum. After around 1 month after 'live' launch this noticably droped to 1 per week, if i was lucky, and thats from 10 coffers, so with ot a doubt they were nerfed even though nothing was ever stated in patch notes.
    I remember discusions on the forums pre the 'nerf' and most people were pretty confident to say the average drop rate was around 1 in 5, which i must agree did seem correct.
    They did quite a few nerfs to all enchants, skill nodes etc around 1 month after 'live' which conciderable reduced drop rates for everything and again nothing was noted in patch notes at the time.

Now these days i dont realy bother collecting the coins at all, its just not worth the time to make sure i always log before the time period expires. Everybody in my guild all noticed the diference in drop rate for Coal wards from coffers.

From my own experience around the time of 'live' launch the coal drop rate was near enought 1 in 5, but these days i would say it is more like 1 in 50, probably higher, this was obviously ninja patched in to 'force' more players to buy them from the Zen store and looking back at PWE's track record this is pretty much what as happened without a doubt
  • Options
    thorak257thorak257 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have 7 characters and I was getting a lot more coalescent wards the first month or two after the game launched, but I haven't gotten any for several weeks now across all characters.
  • Options
    orianthi4orianthi4 Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2013
    It is deffinatly not RNG up untill around june from 9 characters praying daily i always got at least 2 coal wards without fail, and those that did not drop Coal wards used to drop 2 to 3 peservation wards and 2 rank 5 random enchants.
    Now you 99% of the time get 1 preservation ward and if your lucky a random enchant, very very rarely do you get a Coal ward.
    The Coffers and mainly the drop rate of Coal wards was deffinatly nerfed and i can agree here this was deffinatly to enhance sales of Coal wards in the Zen store.
    Agree too there was never anything in any patch notes concerning this but a implement of a drop rate nerf was deffinatly done
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I too am seeing a great decline in Coalescent Wards. Its been weeks since I've seen a coalescent ward on 7 characters.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I too am seeing a great decline in Coalescent Wards. Its been weeks since I've seen a coalescent ward on 7 characters.

I just got a Coa when I prayed on my lunch break 20 minutes ago =P
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    l3l3l3l3l3l3l3l3 Member Posts: 73
    edited September 2013
    Ive had 1 cw every other week(ish) since ive started playing, from 4 characters.
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Used to be 20%, now I haven't got one in 2 weeks (that's out of 5charsx2=10)

This is why Cryptic is going down the drains, and their games with it,, because they states things, and THEN CHANGE THEM WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE...

This continues to lead to frustration...

I only logging daily to get my 10 sparks (50 once a week), then log off... I don't even know why I do this anymore, and won't probably keep doing it for long...

This game has become sooo boring there is nothing to do anymore...
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi all i have 12 char's in one month i got 1 cw and 47 pw i think the procc rate are low(2%) .Look like too me shame as n.box(epic mount).

Sorry for bad eng.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I am still averaging about 20% as I have for some time, RNG can be kind to some while harsh to others =P

and the ones she is harsh to have a greater chance of posting about it on the forums I'd say.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have end game gear ( not need soo much cw) just posted my result for getting cw.
    But if you open 5 you dont gain 1 i am sure . Opened 12 in 1 weak and i dont gain 1 .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    THEY NEED TO UPDATE US WHEN THEY CHANGE DROP RATES... like they clearly did for coalescent wards... it used to be 20% now it looks like it is more 5%...

Typical crappy communication from the Cryptic devs/producers that annoys everyone...
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    krisst0f wrote: »
    THEY NEED TO UPDATE US WHEN THEY CHANGE DROP RATES... like they clearly did for coalescent wards... it used to be 20% now it looks like it is more 5%...

Typical crappy communication from the Cryptic devs/producers that annoys everyone...

They might not have changed it. I think its just random. Its so hard to tell with how streaky the random stuff in Neverwinter though.

Right now I've got 30 or so characters I use for leadership and invoking. They aren't set to all be done on a specific day. Yesterday 5 of them hit 7 days. Three of those gave me Coal Wards. Today I got another from two that hit 7 days. But then it can turn around and I might go 3 weeks without getting any at all.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    haelrahaelra Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't think the drop rate has changed. Personally, I've gotten better luck recently than before. I also watch the prices for coalescent wards on the auction, and they haven't moved much, either up or down. If the drop rate changed, I would expect the prices there to reflect it fairly quickly. Those prices are largely determined by the drop rate from the boxes -- if they weren't, the price would hover at the Zen-AD equivalent, which would be about three times higher.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I have end game gear ( not need soo much cw) just posted my result for getting cw.
    But if you open 5 you dont gain 1 i am sure . Opened 12 in 1 weak and i dont gain 1 .

With a 20% drop rate you could open 1000 and not gain 1 (albeit chances of that are very low), the drop rate for every box is only 20% and it doesn't take into account what your previous box dropped...
  • Options
    archomentalarchomental Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Coming from a day 1 player, its the percentage chance FOR SURE went down
    significantly. I base this off 2 accounts (other being sons).
  • Options
    haelrahaelra Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Coming from a day 1 player, its the percentage chance FOR SURE went down
    significantly. I base this off 2 accounts (other being sons).

When someone uses strong wording, I expect them to provide data and statistical analysis. At what significance level do you reject the null hypothesis that the rate has not changed?
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Isnt RNG fun. I don't have enough characters to even attempt to say if it's gone down or up. 2 weeks I got like 5. Prior to that, 2 monthes none. No idea. For me I'd say it went up LOLs
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Isnt RNG fun. I don't have enough characters to even attempt to say if it's gone down or up. 2 weeks I got like 5. Prior to that, 2 monthes none. No idea. For me I'd say it went up LOLs

That'd be impossible to have 5 in two weeks. Even with 3 characters that would be very unlikely, would be the luckiest of luck right there.

but it really does feel like its went down. I got preservation wards like a mutha F***ka. lol
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    haha. No no lies. I have 3 characters. My main had got 2, my main alt got 2, and my random alt got 1. :)

Edit: Maybe it was 3 weeks. But it was very much in a row. hehe
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    haha. No no lies. I have 3 characters. My main had got 2, my main alt got 2, and my random alt got 1. :)

Edit: Maybe it was 3 weeks. But it was very much in a row. hehe

That luck to its highest degree right there then. lol
  • Options
    gek1956gek1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    haelra wrote: »
    I don't think the drop rate has changed. Personally, I've gotten better luck recently than before. I also watch the prices for coalescent wards on the auction, and they haven't moved much, either up or down. If the drop rate changed, I would expect the prices there to reflect it fairly quickly. Those prices are largely determined by the drop rate from the boxes -- if they weren't, the price would hover at the Zen-AD equivalent, which would be about three times higher.

I watch this too... not much change, which is why I haven't posted earlier, but I'm not gonna use any for a while, so my efective total in a few weeks will be a better indicator with more than 3 weeks of sample to judge by. Its possible I'm just on a roll of bad luck, but it certainly has been half rations for me for a while.
  • Options
    korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited September 2013
    After I started praying with 8 toons that do this every day I average about 1 a week and a half. I have my days staggered so 2 toons open a box every day for 4 days. There was no reason why they got staggered like that it just happened that way and I am too greedy to give some a day off to get them all in sync.
  • Options
    yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I am not saying it has or has not changed, but my personal drop rate most certain has. I have 5 toons that I open a box every sunday morning. Before the last patch update, I would get 1 coal between my 5 toons every week, often on the same toon. So they would hit the '20%' average between them. Since the releade of the update, i have found 1 between all my toons.

So it feels like something has changed, but really I need to give it much more time... all it will take is 2 to drop this sunday and my average is almost back in business.