What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What Can I Do? I Just Got Ninja Looted

Comments

• Options
    digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    This happened to me twice and I learned my lesson, never ever do DD with a pug team especially with a none english speaking guild. Now I only do DD with guild or people I know because wasting an hour and 45 minutes just to get kicked when the boss at 2% health is not fun.:mad:

It's like the ultimate ****y exploit. I guess it's okay since it's do-able. Only one way to fix that... devs?

Oh, nevermind. This is in general discussion. Wish it could go in the bug section.

I just can't stop saying stupid <stuff>.
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    The developers are constantly looking into ways to improve the system and minimize/resolve griefing issues.
    Marvel Heroes had a very similar issue with this. People would go to a dungeon, go all the way up to the boss, kill it and kick others from the group, to prevent them from getting loot. Which was ridiculous, as all the loot in that game is 'for your eyes only'. (so if a necklace drops for me, no one else can see it or pick it up.)

Anyway, the developers solved the issue quite nicely. Every time someone got kicked from the group like this, he or she could send a ticket to a GM or support. The support-team (or developers, not sure) could then check the log to see when the players joined the dungeon, when the boss was killed and when people logged out/got kicked out. This way it was pretty easy to tell if the person really was kicked like he said he was, or if he was just trying to cause trouble.

As a result? The first time someone was reported for griefing, he or she would be banned from the game a whole month. If that person griefed again, he or she would be banned an entire year. On top of that, the log goes back in time too, so you could get banned for something you did at least a week or two earlier. Since this was put in effect, I haven't heard of a single griefing incident. ;)

I have no idea if it would work in this game, but it might be something worth considering.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ladymythos wrote: »
    Since this was put in effect, I haven't heard of a single griefing incident. ;)

You mean people are only ****s on the internet when they think they can get away with it. What a surprise.....

Note that is just an observation, not anything against your suggestion which I am sure would work....
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cloud990pl wrote: »
    can't agree with that since I had few bots in my party lately

Well how about as long as they have done a certain % of damage or healing to show they are actually active players who are at least taking an active part in the run they cannot be just instantly kicked .

Or maybe retain the leaders ability to kick but with a 30 - 60 second warning ( that cannot be activated during combat so that bots or afkers get a warning and kicked BUT genuine players don't end up shafted by bad groups? also make the timer on the warning longer than the timer on the loot so they can't just put somebody on the kick timer then roll loot after the other guys been kicked? lol
  • Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    Simple solution, once you enter the Boss room (the countdown), disable the Kick button.
  • Options
    mosselenmosselen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The developers are constantly looking into ways to improve the system and minimize/resolve griefing issues.

However in the case of griefing such as this all you can really do, at the current time, is report the bad behavior and a support rep will investigate the matter and act accordingly. However as the response you have/will get states the results of such actions would be private between Cryptic/PWE and the offending individual(s).

There is no way to tell if Cryptic/PWE actualy does anything about this kind of exploids sinds you dont give feedback.
    Even if you tell in the forums : Today we punished 100 players .
    It would be so much better if you just fix it software wise.
    Instead you follow the blizzard entertainment hardcore rule : we dont give a **** , grief is our friend.
    I dont want this.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    mosselen wrote: »
    Instead you follow the blizzard entertainment hardcore rule : we dont give a **** , grief is our friend.

Blizzard might not always act quickly but they came down with the ban-hammer a LOT harder and faster than Cryptic does.
  • Options
    mosselenmosselen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Blizzard might not always act quickly but they came down with the ban-hammer a LOT harder and faster than Cryptic does.
    my point is that they make no software fix in their way keeping the grief alive
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I always roll greed unless is something I really, really want, seeing that it guarantees that I never get kick and never have been kicked from a PUG, but if you roll need for everything well people may get upset at you.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They can communicate with me the entire run but suddenly, "We not speak good english."

Yeah I've run into that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> myself :I
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have had this happen to me once though granted it was not in CN. Basically got kicked when the boss had less the 5% hp left. Once that final boss fight has started kicking should be completely disabled until everyone has left the dungeon.

I second that.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The only way kicking should be allowed in game should be for AFK people who are just sitting idle when others are busting their backs.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    I always roll greed unless is something I really, really want, seeing that it guarantees that I never get kick and never have been kicked from a PUG, but if you roll need for everything well people may get upset at you.

Blaming the victim? Without even knowing if this is how they play? Ugh.

If only being decent yourself guaranteed others would be the same, but no, no this isn't true at all.
  • Options
    wildlustwildlust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited August 2013
    Simple fix would be to have it where if there is loot on the ground that is blue or purple, a player cannot be kicked until that loot is rolled on. Also, once final boss is killed, you can not remove a player from the instance anymore. Simple fix, probably hard to code, but well worth the time to the player base.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Blaming the victim? Without even knowing if this is how they play? Ugh.

If only being decent yourself guaranteed others would be the same, but no, no this isn't true at all.

I am not blaming the victim, but there is always two side to each story and the wronged side is always in the eye of the beholder. If he didn't do anything wrong, just write the names down and never play wikth them. And move on, no worth get your panties on the door for a bunch of pixels.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Easy solution no kicking allowed once you enter the last room.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I am not blaming the victim, but there is always two side to each story and the wronged side is always in the eye of the beholder. If he didn't do anything wrong, just write the names down and never play wikth them. And move on, no worth get your panties on the door for a bunch of pixels.

Right. It's the "it's just a game" argument again. Tiresome.

Is it so wrong to want to simply fix it to where it can't happen and avoid all of that? Is it so wrong to want to start a LONG *** dungeon and not have to worry the entire time that you'll be kicked at the end? I don't think so.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Easy solution no kicking allowed once you enter the last room.

That could help.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    It should be an easy fix, no kicking allowed at all in the boss rooms and only allow kicking for AFK for more than x amount of time.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    It should be an easy fix, no kicking allowed at all in the boss rooms and only allow kicking for AFK for more than x amount of time.

Seems simple enough to me! And, most definitely worth the small amount of time it would take to implement it. Not doing so says a lot to the player-base.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Not doing so says a lot to the dwindling player-base.

FTFY.

/10char
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    get over it OP.

move on.
    edited August 2013
    cgta1967 wrote: »
    get over it OP.

move on.

Sounds like something the guy who kicked the OP would say. As he laughed and moved on to the next sucker.
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    okay...you got me...it was me.
    edited August 2013
    ladymythos wrote: »
    Marvel Heroes had a very similar issue with this. People would go to a dungeon, go all the way up to the boss, kill it and kick others from the group, to prevent them from getting loot. Which was ridiculous, as all the loot in that game is 'for your eyes only'. (so if a necklace drops for me, no one else can see it or pick it up.)

Anyway, the developers solved the issue quite nicely. Every time someone got kicked from the group like this, he or she could send a ticket to a GM or support. The support-team (or developers, not sure) could then check the log to see when the players joined the dungeon, when the boss was killed and when people logged out/got kicked out. This way it was pretty easy to tell if the person really was kicked like he said he was, or if he was just trying to cause trouble.

As a result? The first time someone was reported for griefing, he or she would be banned from the game a whole month. If that person griefed again, he or she would be banned an entire year. On top of that, the log goes back in time too, so you could get banned for something you did at least a week or two earlier. Since this was put in effect, I haven't heard of a single griefing incident. ;)

I have no idea if it would work in this game, but it might be something worth considering.

it's already in the PWE terms of service that the actions they take against someone who has broken the rules is discretionary and between PWE and the individual. essentially, you can get screwed over and over again in this game and you'll never get compensated for your time loss and you'll never know if the individual (ninja-looter, guild betrayer, etc) got punished for their actions.

the best advice i could give anyone concerning the customer service level in this game and potentially any pwe title is to play with a group of friends you trust implicitly. or get with a well established guild. the less you have to deal with customer service, the better off you are. this game has all the potential to branch out exponentially with its combat style and expansion ability. i guess you can't have everything.
  • Options
    danielztdanielzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    The solution would be to simply add an "All Greed" loot option.
    which the teamleader can easily change just before killing the boss...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    danielzt wrote: »
    which the teamleader can easily change just before killing the boss...

So make the loot roll system fixed after 5 minutes and give every player a notice saying what the current system is.
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well I think we have had a lot of good suggestions on how the devs can handle this kind of griefing
    Some of my favorites have been:

1. Downgrade loot slightly if someone has been kicked
    2. Make it impossible to kick someone during the boss battle. (the kick option can reappear if the party tpks)
    3. making the roll happen even if the person is not on the team.
    4. having a kick delay if the party is in combat. (even if the person is a bot kicking them mid-fight seems odd)
    5. disabling need if people have been kicked.

I don't think anything that will rely on support tickets is good for this kind of thing due to NWO having so many players and the tech-support system being so flooded with griefers and exploiter tickets. on the upside a lot of griefers etc. are a sign of a booming population. in spite the forums trying to be pessimistic.
  • Options
    vigilantejusticevigilantejustice Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nick1stern wrote: »
    The solution would be individual loot.

This. It amazed me when I grouped up for the 1st time in this game and it asked me to if I wanted to need/greed. I don't understand why game companies would do anything other than individual loot. Therefore no loot drama.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well I think we have had a lot of good suggestions on how the devs can handle this kind of griefing
    Some of my favorites have been:

1. Downgrade loot slightly if someone has been kicked
    2. Make it impossible to kick someone during the boss battle. (the kick option can reappear if the party tpks)
    3. making the roll happen even if the person is not on the team.
    4. having a kick delay if the party is in combat. (even if the person is a bot kicking them mid-fight seems odd)
    5. disabling need if people have been kicked.

I don't think anything that will rely on support tickets is good for this kind of thing due to NWO having so many players and the tech-support system being so flooded with griefers and exploiter tickets. on the upside a lot of griefers etc. are a sign of a booming population. in spite the forums trying to be pessimistic.

I like #2 and #3. For disabling the kick option they could do it either in the boss room or after the boss has died and reenable it after a wipe or someone has managed to exit the instance if they wanted to keep the ability to kick in there.