test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What Can I Do? I Just Got Ninja Looted

freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I was removed from my group before I could roll on the last boss of Castle Never. I have put in a GM ticket is there any thing else I can do to get justice on this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    silentnights1silentnights1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
    edited August 2013
    nope. GM wont help either.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Wow so there is literally no way to guarantee that this won't happen simply because there is no all greed option in loot settings????????? Why should I even bother playing the game if I can't get loot end-game without a ninja?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    They can communicate with me the entire run but suddenly, "We not speak good english."
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    They don't get loot also. If all team mates do not roll no one gets loot.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    They do get the loot because if I am removed from the group every teammate has rolled.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    The developers are constantly looking into ways to improve the system and minimize/resolve griefing issues.

However in the case of griefing such as this all you can really do, at the current time, is report the bad behavior and a support rep will investigate the matter and act accordingly. However as the response you have/will get states the results of such actions would be private between Cryptic/PWE and the offending individual(s).
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The solution would be to simply add an "All Greed" loot option.

Additionally, leadership should be retained when you zone into a dungeon instance, and instead of the leader simply being able to kick others, there should instead be a vote kick option, (requiring at least 3/5 to agree). Even then, if you got on a team w/ 3 ppl from the same guild, they could still pull the same thing on you, (though it'd be tougher).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    The solution would be individual loot.
  • Options
    cdave78cdave78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It has happened to me twice both times i qued solo and got a group that had 3 or 4 from the same guild. So now if i que solo and get a group thats all in the same guild i just leave and reque. Not wasting my time
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    cdave78 wrote: »
    It has happened to me twice both times i qued solo and got a group that had 3 or 4 from the same guild. So now if i que solo and get a group thats all in the same guild i just leave and reque. Not wasting my time

Eeek! I would talk to them first.

You will always remember the bad experiences but there are plenty of honest and caring players out there.
    I am part of a group of players who would sooner give you items out of their own pack to improve your experience than steal the loot out of the end chest. I would truly hate to be tossed in the same pile as such shameful players simply because our one pug had bad experiences with guilds in the past!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Do a little digging... someone mentioned being able to toggle on the "Prompt for map change" feature (or w/e it's called) to allow them to remain in the instance so they can get in on the roll...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You have a point and i.do feel bad after ill try talking to them first may even ask for leader for insurance.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There is no "good way" to get around it.

One of the way the dev could do is the player retain the right to roll (if they tag the boss) even if they are not in group. the loot roll will appear for each player in question (even after a kick)

Individual loot and auto drop into your inventory the moment the boss is downed.

token system that you earn when the boss is down (can be use with extra loot from boss that can auto roll to players or individual loot)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Sorry to those who are great people and wouldn't do such a thing, but this is a problem, a big one, and it's becoming more and more frequent, so I will be leaving if I find myself in a group with 3 or more from the same guild. It takes too long to get to the end just to have this happen.
  • Options
    cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    devs should just remove kick option after killing (or while fighting) boss, simple isn't it? "Wormholes" wouldn't kick anyone to rise their chances to get loot
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    cloud990pl wrote: »
    devs should just remove kick option after killing (or while fighting) boss, simple isn't it? "Wormholes" wouldn't kick anyone to rise their chances to get loot

There should also be a prohibition from kicking someone if they have been on the team for more than X% or Y time for that particular instance.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    There should also be a prohibition from kicking someone if they have been on the team for more than X% or Y time for that particular instance.

can't agree with that since I had few bots in my party lately
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    can't agree with that since I had few bots in my party lately

For like 90% of the dungeon? Even if we drop the % to be greater than 50% of the dungeon, you have no right to keep them right up until the end then kick them. Even if they are bots, you still benefited from their presence... Kick them early if it's an issue.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    For like 90% of the dungeon? Even if we drop the % to be greater than 50% of the dungeon, you have no right to keep them right up until the end then kick them. Even if they are bots, you still benefited from their presence... Kick them early if it's an issue.

I have to evaluate them first and I can't do that in the beginning but at the very end (unless its worthless bot that just follow party around doing nothing, bot like this got kicked at 30% of dungeon progress).
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Lol had a bot in the orc assault event this weekend and the bot had leader. 2 people left and we actually finished it used alot potions though my other gtoup member didnt know it was a bot kept yelling at him about how stupid he was. i couldnt stop laughing i stayed because it was entertaining im laughing now just thinking about it.
  • Options
    digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    There's a bot that's productive and helpful all the way through and even with the boss fight?

Then give him the loot, he deserved it, bot or not.
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I have had this happen to me once though granted it was not in CN. Basically got kicked when the boss had less the 5% hp left. Once that final boss fight has started kicking should be completely disabled until everyone has left the dungeon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    There's a bot that's productive and helpful all the way through and even with the boss fight?

Then give him the loot, he deserved it, bot or not.

IF bot is helpful, I'm not going to kick him (bot or not he's useful if doing its job) BUT imagine cleric who doesn't heal, wizard who just spams magic missile, guardian who stands in the middle without his shield up or rogue who is out dps-ed by cleric.
    So far I had 3 parties with bots (2 TRs and 1 CW) and we failed dungeon twice because of it
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was removed from my group before I could roll on the last boss of Castle Never. I have put in a GM ticket is there any thing else I can do to get justice on this?

The norm seems to be to spam zone chat calling out the guild. Of course people just laugh at you or ignore you.
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    IF bot is helpful, I'm not going to kick him (bot or not he's useful if doing its job) BUT imagine cleric who doesn't heal, wizard who just spams magic missile, guardian who stands in the middle without his shield up or rogue who is out dps-ed by cleric.
    So far I had 3 parties with bots (2 TRs and 1 CW) and we failed dungeon twice because of it

Well to be fair there are cleric specs that do top damage, Having a cleric heal you isn't required in any dungeon, you can complete a dungeon with 5 clerics (or 5 of any class for that matter). If people are just spamming their auto attack then yes they are not contributing and if they are not dodging then they are contributing less then they could because they are getting hit more and either expect a cleric to heal them back to full or need to use more potions.

If I was given a choice between 2 TR once does top damage but dies alot and the other never tops the damage charts but never dies, I'd take the second one. A large part of why dungeons fail is lack of teamwork not one class not using a specific power setup.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kikmor64kikmor64 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Maybe the dungeon loot can be made to scale with the amount of people in the party for these end bosses. If someone gets booted the item degrades.
  • Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was thinking... why not disable the kick option the moment you get to final boss? If you were able to get that far into the dungeon you've already got a pretty good team (or were just plain lucky). This would prevent greedy team leaders from simplay kicking the player any time during the fight (such as if the boss was very low on health then he'd kick his team out to take everything for himself).

I don't suppose there's a problem with this solution, is there?
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This happened to me twice and I learned my lesson, never ever do DD with a pug team especially with a none english speaking guild. Now I only do DD with guild or people I know because wasting an hour and 45 minutes just to get kicked when the boss at 2% health is not fun.:mad:
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    terhikkiterhikki Member Posts: 72
    edited August 2013
    Reporting, asking GM help etc. is pointless in this game, I've tried so far 3 times and all I've gotten is "you could check forums" "you could make bug report, this seems to be a new problem".. yeah right..

We get annoyed of bots and their Customer Service sends 99% bot answers, when in need of help.