test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Known Issue] Call to Arms queues - Event EXTENDED!

Comments

• Options
    armani1971armani1971 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    WORSE YET, I finally got in a game. I am level 60 and was in a skirmish with level 8 players?
    WTH? And they were surviving, I was getting one shotted and they should have been.
    MATCH LEVEL 60 WITH LEVEL 60 PLAYERS, DUH.

It's like the End of Beta event. Doesn't matter what level the player is. The mobs match the level of whoever they're fighting.
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've done about 2 in 6 hours - horrible to say the least - the best way to get into a call to arms I've found is go into a mission instance and when you are just about complete it should pop up asking you to join :/
  • Options
    drmojo123456drmojo123456 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    armani1971 wrote: »
    It's like the End of Beta event. Doesn't matter what level the player is. The mobs match the level of whoever they're fighting.

Yeah, but then the drops are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> rank 1 enchants, lesser scrolls, garbage equipment, etc. Makes NO sense, needs level 60 and above only.
  • Options
    caelithcaelith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, but then the drops are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> rank 1 enchants, lesser scrolls, garbage equipment, etc. Makes NO sense, needs level 60 and above only.

Then don't queue?

It is an event for fun, not for gearing up or a challenge.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    OK, done 5 so far ... rewards, not bad - 3 dye packs, 2 wolves....and tons of savage enchants and green stuff I'm selling for gold...overall, this would have been really nice if the wait was shorter.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    fusromeowfusromeow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you for taking the time to do that. But I must tell you, the entire queue system takes as long as this events queue. Whether its to me queuing for a dungeon or a skirmish, takes me up to an hour and a half to join. And generally by the time the queue pops, a couple people have already declined..so I never get to do dungeons. Please Please PLEASE fix the entire queue system. It prevents players like me from even playing.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Any chance that the event could be extended by a day or so due to this issue , many of us have spent several hours online doing literally nothing , only queuing for the call to arms and not even queuing for DD or GG in hopes of getting into this event and for most of us those hours have been a complete waste, I got in 4 times in just over 4 hours ....
  • Options
    ybtjuknuolpoybtjuknuolpo Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i see ppl have been in 4-5 times concider yourselves lucky cause in 6 hours i havent been in yet
  • Options
    faiteaccompliifaiteaccomplii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    ALso the pvp q's have NEVER been this bad, it is at least an hour for me yesterday and today (this morning and last night PST)
  • Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i see ppl have been in 4-5 times concider yourselves lucky cause in 6 hours i havent been in yet

I wonder if it could be the class being used to access the CTA queue. I know it is not normal but queues for me are usually short for dungeons and PVP. I use a lvl60 12.2GS TR most of the time. This is the only queue I have seen to be insanely long in the game for myself so far to be honest.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    absinto666absinto666 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wait for 3 hours to get in this stupid event and nothing. Just get tired of it.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    i have been in a DD today so thats not it and that was only like a 5 min wait
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    i have been in a DD today so thats not it and that was only like a 5 min wait

Sorry I should have been more specific. I meant specifically the queue being used for the event.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    30 mins and waiting. What a waste of time. I thought the event would be fun. :(
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    its ok no big deal no need to apologize thank you taking the time to reply. Its just frustrating when you want to try the new stuff they put in and you cant.
  • Options
    merlin420idmerlin420id Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hmmmm, known issue..........

it would have been a known issue for anyone with even half a brain before the event started since the queue problems have been around since closed beta........jeez
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    its ok no big deal no need to apologize thank you taking the time to reply. Its just frustrating when you want to try the new stuff they put in and you cant.
    hmmmm, known issue..........

it would have been a known issue for anyone with even half a brain before the event started since the queue problems have been around since closed beta........jeez

I could not say it better to be honest. Did they think there would not be an issue with the Queue because the number of actual players had dropped so much? I mean seriously, they should have thought ahead when they made an event for lvl 5-60 characters. Everyone would be flocking for the event and they should have been prepared. Aw well, hopefully they fix it and learn from it. Hopefully.

• Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    30 mins to pop only to be denied by players who queued but dont want to actually do the event at the time, seriously dont queue if you dont want to do it, waited another 30 mins, nada, nothing, zilch, zip. Will try again later
  • Options
    theyear2000theyear2000 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kvet wrote: »
    Thanks! Looking forward to giving this a second run :) I missed being able to do skirmishes, hope you guys eventually make these permanent and give us an Epic one for each area.

I agree with this.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I stayed home on a friday to play the new event and wasted all morning in the queue (3 hrs) and still nothing:o
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ryvvik wrote: »
    30 mins to pop only to be denied by players who queued but dont want to actually do the event at the time
    The problem is after 30-90 minutes the chance that one of the four other people will have turned away from the computer screen to grab a coffee or even totally forgotten then were in the queue increases. It happened to me earlier: I got so involved with auctions and making some wiki updates (about this event's drops actually) that I lost track that I had queued 45 minutes earlier, and the prompt came up while I was in the restroom.

Basically unlike a delve, you don't really mentally allocate an hour commitment for a 15 minute event...

However, I do apologize to the people I inconvenienced that time, btw.
  • Options
    chidy1776chidy1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey all!

We've identified an issue where queuing for the new Call to Arms event is taking an abnormally long time. We'll let you know when we have an update on this!

Thanks!

Update 1: We're still investigating the issue and hope to have a fix soon!

Hey sominator, just wondering if the mixed levels Are intended. Im lvl 60 getting in groups with players ranging from lvl17, 57, and other 60s. Cool to see mixed level content, jw if its supposed to happen and how the system balances that.
    Paul 60 guardian fighter on mindflayer.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ive managed 1 more in the past cple of hours so its a bit of a letdown..

Lets hope a fix can be found asap

I want that dog!!!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    sprydragonsprydragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Short or long queue does not matter to, will not go out of my because of the looting rules they setting. PUGs should be locked to rule for loot, similar to locking greed option for not your class items.
  • Options
    hawneehawnee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited August 2013
    sat on que few characters isn't worth the time
  • Options
    wasd007wasd007 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    event working?
    lvl 60 full pt Que wating 1h :(
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    serpinecoh wrote: »
    The problem is after 30-90 minutes the chance that one of the four other people will have turned away from the computer screen to grab a coffee or even totally forgotten then were in the queue increases. It happened to me earlier: I got so involved with auctions and making some wiki updates (about this event's drops actually) that I lost track that I had queued 45 minutes earlier, and the prompt came up while I was in the restroom.

Basically unlike a delve, you don't really mentally allocate an hour commitment for a 15 minute event...

However, I do apologize to the people I inconvenienced that time, btw.

Wasnt 1 hoss, was 2 that DENIED, guess im just "unlucky", dont queue coz its a real PiTA unless your going to give it priority.
    just tried again waited 43 minutes, nothing.
  • Options
    msrebel1972msrebel1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ok, I was lucky enough to get in 4 times. I never saw a dog. Got some green gear and a bunch of low level enchants and dye packs. Didn't see any dog anywhere. What am I missing? This doesn't seem like it was worth the wait for most people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]