test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130723a.11

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
This build is set to go live at 7AM PDT on Friday, August 9, 2013.

Systems and Items
  • Leveless monsters from special events should be better balanced for all levels now.
  • Items that were not working as intended should now properly grant their powers. This includes items with set bonuses and the Ring of Violet Luminescence.
User Interface
  • The Sort button in player inventory should no longer sort in an unpredictable manner.
  • Character Creation: Dungeoneering and other long power names should no longer wrap text incorrectly.
  • Special rewards from events should now have a gold border around them when earned from end of instance chests or when looting.
Environment and Content
  • Frozen Heart: You should now be able to use the portal that appears at the end of the dungeon.
Known Issues
  • Specific powers may not do full damage against critters in the Orc Assault though they should still fully be viable for use. Powers included are Arcane Singularity, Chains of Blazing Light and Flamestrike.
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »

User Interface
    • The Sort button in player inventory should no longer sort in an unpredictable manner.

Thanks !
  • Options
    sevdaisevdai Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The sort button will be fixed, yayyayyayyayyay!
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the fixing, although a little underwhelming patch... well i guess is more than expected being august but still... ty for the hard work guys...
  • Options
    carverjmcarverjm Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Items that were not working as intended should now properly grant their powers. This includes items with set bonuses

Thanks, my set hasn't worked since I got it...I am excited to try it out after the fix...yay!
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

[*]Specific powers may not do full damage against critters in the Orc Assault though they should still fully be viable for use. Powers included are Arcane Singularity, Chains of Blazing Light and Flamestrike.
    [/LIST]

Is this to prevent abuse/exploit of drops? If you can nerf certain powers for an event, why can't you do this just for pvp?
    And ty for fixing sort:)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Fix pvp potion bug
    Fix GWF TAB bug
    Fix FH shortways
    Fix TOS bug

pukmp.jpg
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is this to prevent abuse/exploit of drops? If you can nerf certain powers for an event, why can't you do this just for pvp?
    And ty for fixing sort:)

It's not intended, it's a known issue they are stating they're aware of.
    inexgrav wrote: »

Fix pvp potion bug
    Fix GWF TAB bug
    Fix FH shortways
    Fix 4/4 set bonus bug

The 4/4 set bonus is being fixed in this patch. Take a closer look.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Many thanks for listening to the community! :)

Hope to see some of the Karrundax/FH/GG Fardelver farming fixes for the next patch.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    migomegomigomigomegomigo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Where's the 4 set piece effect bug fix? -__-
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Where's the 4 set piece effect bug fix? -__-

Try reading again...
    Items that were not working as intended should now properly grant their powers. This includes items with set bonuses and the Ring of Violet Luminescence.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    eldmorg79eldmorg79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sort button... hooooraaaay!!!!
    next weak time penalty for pvp quiters plz :)
    Veno Forever <3
  • Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Known Issues
    Specific powers may not do full damage against critters in the Orc Assault though they should still fully be viable for use. Powers included are Arcane Singularity, Chains of Blazing Light and Flamestrike.

Really? That's all you know about? Or are these the new things that you break for this patch.

Do you guys need me to list off what is important and still broken? I'm pretty sure it's plastered all over your forums; I don't need to tell you.
  • Options
    r3ds0nowr3ds0now Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Let them be they can't do everything at once, the game been out only 3 month. Faster they do thing more half *** it is
  • Options
    feedthefirefeedthefire Member Posts: 49
    edited August 2013
    Excuse me, I don't see the fix for pvp potions bug mentioned. You know, the one that has been around since forever. How come?
  • Options
    metaplexusmetaplexus Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Excuse me, I don't see the fix for pvp potions bug mentioned. You know, the one that has been around since forever. How come?

That fix it the last one I'd want fixed. Play without them, and then if you're at low hp, THINK a little more how to play.

And I still don't know what the bag sorting bug was, but I think it was a nasty one for those who encountered it :D

gj with the set bonus fix!
  • Options
    emziieeemziiee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nice to know they actually listen to the community :) Not a bad patch tbh, just fixing the essentials for now ^^
  • Options
    emzie136emzie136 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What time would 7AM PDT be in Amsterdam? Usually they post a link to check but not this time... and I'm having trouble finding out what time it will be here in NL at 7AM PDT :S
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    emzie136 wrote: »
    What time would 7AM PDT be in Amsterdam? Usually they post a link to check but not this time... and I'm having trouble finding out what time it will be here in NL at 7AM PDT :S

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=NW.3.20130723a.11&iso=20130809T07&p1=137&ah=1&am=30
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Really? That's all you know about? Or are these the new things that you break for this patch.

Do you guys need me to list off what is important and still broken? I'm pretty sure it's plastered all over your forums; I don't need to tell you.

Known issues are things they know are quite working right with this particular patch and isn't meant to be a comprehensive list of every single bug in the entire game that they know about.
  • Options
    nevernimnevernim Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Again no fixes to basic gaming bugs in various classes. GWF Tab break. GF's knights valore etc. Pity.
  • Options
    panteleepantelee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How add a new race and class????
  • Options
    timtamsstimtamss Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pantelee wrote: »
    How add a new race and class????

Personally, I rather they fix the detrimental bugs first. Bugs that are affecting all characters (4set bonus hopefully actually fixed finally) or specific classes (unstoppable on gwfs). Introducing new race/classes more than likely means even more detrimental bugs. Namely bugs for those races/classes. Even though I sound pessimistic, I actually really like this game. Its because I like this game and hope it continues to succeed that makes me so upset when Cryptic doesn't seem to be getting their priorities straight.

Number one priority must be to make characters playable. If a bug hinders this in any significant way, players feel like they cant or is a chore playing their character. And I am stating this even though I hate the massive spam bots, farm bots, and exploits that are currently ruining the game. But even these problems are secondary to fixing bugs that make a character be on the brink of being unplayable in some cases.
  • Options
    danfixdanfix Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Next patch FIX Eldritch Runestone Not Giving % Bonus w/Ioun Stone of Allure (please)...many thanks
  • Options
    nexdominusnlnexdominusnl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Finally sort button fix.

But why u use the word 'should' in everything. Like ur not sure its working.
  • Options
    foosoofoosoo Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013

+++++++++1
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yes! fix for the sets and for the sort! :D

thanks!
  • Options
    aredviaredvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you for fixing the set bonus bug! I can't wait to test it in game. :)
  • Options
    feedthefirefeedthefire Member Posts: 49
    edited August 2013
    metaplexus wrote: »
    That fix it the last one I'd want fixed. Play without them, and then if you're at low hp, THINK a little more how to play.
    Not sure if trolling or mentally deficient. Did people grabbing potions in front of your face make you mad way too many times that you prefer pots getting glitched?
    mmmkay thanks for your input there chief lol.
  • Options
    pelkastpelkast Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Finally sort button fix.

But why u use the word 'should' in everything. Like ur not sure its working.
    Maybe they didn't test them.
This discussion has been closed.