test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If your set bonus isn't working, please read

2»

Comments

• timtamsstimtamss Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Its been over a week and this still has not been fixed? I submitted a ticket over a week ago and came on the bug forums to report this along with others on here. How is a bug of this magnitude survived for so long? Its not like the devs are not aware of this problem. There are more than a few posts on this bug specifically. I understand if a bug is not advertised to the devs such as those **** bots or exploits, then it might take some time for devs to realize there is a bug. However, this is not the case. Players have openly reported this bug. Why is this and other major bugs THAT ARE ADVERTISED, not being addressed in any sort of timely manner? Anyone from the development team care to share so that perhaps we can at the very least know WHY it takes so long for these simple bugs to be fixed (perhaps you can enlighten us on just how complicated this bug is). Here's to hoping for a response!
  • lawbabylawbaby Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    First of all i socketed a rank 6 eldritch into my defensive slot of my stone of allure. i was replacing my rank 5 eldritch. After socketing my stats were lower than when i had my rank 5 eldritch socketed. I couldn't figure out what was going wrong. i added up all my stats and i was missing the extra 8% bonus from the Eldritch. I decided to unequip all my gear and dismiss my stone to see if that helped. After that my swashbuckling set stopped working also. :(
    GEEGEE
    edited August 2013
    lawbaby wrote: »
    First of all i socketed a rank 6 eldritch into my defensive slot of my stone of allure. i was replacing my rank 5 eldritch. After socketing my stats were lower than when i had my rank 5 eldritch socketed. I couldn't figure out what was going wrong. i added up all my stats and i was missing the extra 8% bonus from the Eldritch. I decided to unequip all my gear and dismiss my stone to see if that helped. After that my swashbuckling set stopped working also. :(
    GEEGEE

Thats too bad... its happened to many people as they have posted the same scenario as you. Trying a new set or new eldritch, and then, the whole set doesnt work. Still waiting for any sliver of concrete response from cryptic on this.
  • chidy1776chidy1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Im really disapointed about this issue in the fact that its taking way toong to get fixed. I really had high hopes for this game becoming the new big mmo, but bugs of this magnitide taking weeks to get fixed is horrible. Every other mmo that ive played would fix an issue of this scope in a matter of one or two days, if not hours, having its programmers stay extra late to make sure it gt done. I really feel like if this gake was well supported like most are it could be huge. They need to hire more programmers or something because this is getting rediculous. Im normally the kind of person that will stand up fof the game company giving the bennafit of the doubt, but even i cant say much positive on this issue. Bugs of this magnitide should be fixed in a few days at most. Please step it up so this game can succeed the way i was hoping it would.
    Paul 60 guardian fighter on mindflayer.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com
  • swifty0x0swifty0x0 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I only got my full Knight Captain's armor set a couple days ago. Put it on, went out and killed the bad guys with a grouped friend to test the 4/4 set bonus. Nada. Never had a set before the last patch, so can't say I ever had a set that worked. Today I went to the practice dummies with another grouped friend. I pounded on the dummies for 10 minutes while my friend watched his stats to see if he ever got a buff. Nada. I was so excited that I might be able to help my group-mates with a decent buff. What a disappointment.

I've never had the set mixed with any other armor pieces at the same time. However, dopey me, I did enchant some of the pieces after I put it on the first time. I guess that's what killed the bonus for me.

My character is bugged in other ways too. For some reason Rhix does not offer me a Daily Skirmish quest even though I don't have an active Daily Skirmish quest from him going. But that's a different story in the saga...
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    You'll be pleased to know a fix is in for tomorrow's patch:
    sominator wrote: »
    This build is set to go live at 7AM PDT on Friday, August 9, 2013.

Systems and Items
    • Leveless monsters from special events should be better balanced for all levels now.
    • Items that were not working as intended should now properly grant their powers. This includes items with set bonuses and the Ring of Violet Luminescence.
    User Interface
    • The Sort button in player inventory should no longer sort in an unpredictable manner.
    • Character Creation: Dungeoneering and other long power names should no longer wrap text incorrectly.
    • Special rewards from events should now have a gold border around them when earned from end of instance chests or when looting.
    Environment and Content
    • Frozen Heart: You should now be able to use the portal that appears at the end of the dungeon.
    Known Issues
    • Specific powers may not do full damage against critters in the Orc Assault though they should still fully be viable for use. Powers included are Arcane Singularity, Chains of Blazing Light and Flamestrike.
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the fix to this bug. I just tested this and it seems to work now. Im sure that everyone appreciates this. However, please dont forget how long this took to get a response and how even longer it took to finally get it fixed. I hope Cryptic gets the message on fixing priority bugs because as a paying customer who enjoys this game I want this game to succeed and hope more players play. There are still other bugs that need immediate fixes. Go get them team!
  • damnoxz11damnoxz11 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Jokes on you, it still doesn't work
  • fallenjedi29fallenjedi29 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Joke is right, my Stalwart 4 pc set bonus is still broken :(