test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If your set bonus isn't working, please read

beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I posted this as a reply in one thread, but since there are probably going to be a zillion of them....

Ok, so everyone with bugged sets needs to try to figure out what you have in common, since it's obviously not happening to everyone. It's happening across classes, so it probably isn't related to that. I'd look at your other equipped items that can be worn by all classes... so ring and neck slots.

Nobody can fix a bug without first figuring it out when and why it happens. The more information you can provide, the easier it is to track down and squash.
Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Well i noticed that my TR is pissed off. I think that's common among all TRs right now.

Now seriously what am i supposed to notice besides not having the set activated?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Your set isn't working. Somebody else's different set isn't working. Somebody else's same set *is* working.

What is common to players of different classes who all have sets that aren't working?
    What is different between people who are wearing the same set where one works and another doesn't?

Test unequipping your other gear and see if anything makes the set bonus come back up. Compare enchantments with other players.

Identifying a common element is integral to getting it fixed.

If affected people can post their other specs here, it might help pin down why this is happening. If affected players just yell "FIX IT", then it's going to take time for the devs to test out every possible combination of things that could be causing the problem,
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Here is what i tried :

-Re-equipping my gear.

- Dismiss companion and re-summon it . ( tried with ion stone and dire wolf)

- Removing one piece of the gear.

- Trying with other targets ( monsters in whispering caverns ) to see if it works when i get hit.

And still nothing , it isn't working.
  • Options
    herazmanherazman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Could be this from latest patch:

Systems and Items
    Fixed some enchantments and items not giving their proper stat bonuses.

So it would be nice if someone without any enchants on a set could report :)

I have slotted Azure and Dark (lvl 5 & 6 ) on 2 sets that worked fine before patch. One is also slotted with lesser soulforged.

I've done some tests with only the 4 pieces equipped but alas, no change :(.
    So I think we can rule out other gear being the problem.
  • Options
    damnoxz11damnoxz11 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dont it work only who had it a way time ago?> because set bonus didnt work before patch for me eithert
  • Options
    bootyjoosbootyjoos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 54
    edited August 2013
    My set bonus stopped working after I swapped out my gear and re-equipped.
    Order of events as I remember them:
    1. Read that set bonuses stopped working
    2. Tested on training dummies to see that my set bonus was working
    3. <lots of time passed> Swapped out the whole set for other gear to try pvp, got owned
    4. <more time passed> Re-equipped my set
    5. <more time passed> Tried training dummies to see that my set bonus is not working anymore.

Enchants in my set: Dark 6 in helm & boots, Azure 6 in chest, main hand, off-hand. Nothing in arm, no weapon/armour enhancements.

Also, rogue friend's Swash set is working and he hasn't equipped/unequipped anything since the patch.
  • Options
    arleezyarleezy Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I posted this as a reply in one thread, but since there are probably going to be a zillion of them....

Ok, so everyone with bugged sets needs to try to figure out what you have in common, since it's obviously not happening to everyone. It's happening across classes, so it probably isn't related to that. I'd look at your other equipped items that can be worn by all classes... so ring and neck slots.

Nobody can fix a bug without first figuring it out when and why it happens. The more information you can provide, the easier it is to track down and squash.

I don't see how it is the customer's responsibility to figure out what's wrong with CLEAR problems involving the game.

And seasoned gamers, like myself, have probably already tried different things to try and get it to work. Like equipping, uneqipping, summon/dismissing pets, etc.

Still nothing. And no PW staff members in sight.
  • Options
    brutosobrutoso Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i've already tried removing pieces, changing itens / rune combinations and nothing.
  • Options
    timtamsstimtamss Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    brutoso wrote: »
    i've already tried removing pieces, changing itens / rune combinations and nothing.

I've tried the same thing with my 4 piece sets. Both of my sets do not give the bonus even tried stripping all equipment and putting just the 4 pieces on.
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the details, all! We're taking a look!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    isai82isai82 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i have a theory/idea, both my sets that are NOT working are dyed. just talked in game with some peeps whose gear is working, their gear wasn't dyed. sounds stupid, but thought i would throw it out there.
  • Options
    symonhumbleuksymonhumbleuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited August 2013
    my set doesn't work and it's dyed too.
    My GF set works, which isn't dyed
    My Web: http://www.symonator.net
    Toons:
    New: CW Level 60
    GF = Level 60
    DC = Level 60
    TR = Level 60
  • Options
    vaashievaashie Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm pretty sure reason sets are working for some people and for some aren't is that if you unequiped/changed even 1 piece of your set you are wearing, the 4 piece bonus inactivates for good. People, who's set is working didn't switch any piece yet.

Dyeing has nothing to do with the problem, my whole CW's set is dyed, but bonus is working seeing I didn't unequip any of its part.

Also heads up for PWE, the bonuses are working on preview shard just fine with changing gear whatever you like, so I hope you will identify the issue asap and we don't have to wait till module 1 comes.
  • Options
    xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    U will crush ur setbonuses when u unequip ur set one time. If u did that all 4 pieces sets wont work for u anymore. So dont unequip ur setpiece and u will have a working set till it's fixed so maybe in around 2 month.
  • Options
    thexavorythexavory Member Posts: 99
    edited August 2013
    I can confirm that enchants and/or dyes have no effect, I have 4 CW sets and now none of the bonuses work, with or without dye/enchants.
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi all,

Following up on this, we've got a fix in the works and hope to push it to the live servers soon. Thanks again for your help!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hi all,

Following up on this, we've got a fix in the works and hope to push it to the live servers soon. Thanks again for your help!

Just wanted to note that there are reports of enchant slotted on companions not giving bonus as well.
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Control Wizard Fatebenders Set not working as far as I can see

Meant to give a 5% x 3 stackable damage bonus to your next encounter power when you have used a damaging at will power.

Have never seen this pop on either the characters icon or mobs..
  • Options
    sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Tried all three T2 sets with and without enchants removed, still no full set bonus.
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    getoneshotgetoneshot Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hi all,

When is "soon?" It's been a week already since this terrible bug has been affecting everyone.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    getoneshot wrote: »
    When is "soon?" It's been a week already since this terrible bug has been affecting everyone.

Not to point out the obvious, but if he could give you an exact day, don't you think he would? They'll want time to make sure it works so they won't have to fix it again.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    chidy1776chidy1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

This bug is related to equipping a differemt item. My grand regent set worked fine, then i got my stalwart set and now neither of the 4pieces work nad the new gold find enchatns on my stalwart set dont work. Reinforcing an item also counts as a new item which is why that breaks them, and equipping new enchants also breaks them as ive heard multiple ppl with these issues all combined.

Ive gotten responses yesterday from @neverwintergame and here on the forums that a fix is in the works. Really hope this gets fixed like yesterday as i know myself and many guild mates are extremely demoralised about this. Bugs of this scale need to be fixed in days not weeks. Really hoping cryptic steps up because i want this gamd to be great, but bugs of this severity not being fixed is going to make ppl go elsewhere.
    Paul 60 guardian fighter on mindflayer.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com
  • Options
    maniacrangermaniacranger Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Im surprised this bug has lasted this long. I think the first reports came in on or even before August 1st and its been 5 days and a bug of this kind has not been fixed is absurd. This kind of bug actually hinders people from playing the game on a practical level. It makes it harder and in more severe cases, prevents players from being able to play content they have reached. It is almost equivalent to shutting down the servers and having no service for 5 days. Any other company as big as Cryptic would have addressed this issue within a day, if not a few hours (even if they had to shutdown the servers for a few hours JUST to fix this bug). Almost a week and we dont even hear an estimated time of a fix. For 3 days we hear no word on this, then 2 days we only hear "we're looking into this/a fix is coming". Get your priorities straight please.
  • Options
    herazmanherazman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    +1, the priority on fixing bugs and exploits from developers could very well be the end for this game if nothing changes within a foreseeable future. A rollback of the latest patch a week ago could have been a quick solution while debugging..
  • Options
    zanthe25zanthe25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I recently got the miracle healers set, and seems of all my powers only searing light procs the heal, nothing else seems to work, so for me its definately broken
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ok, so everyone with bugged sets needs to try to figure out what you have in common.

The only thing in common that I can think of is that we all had working 4 piece armor set bonuses before the recent patch and now we don't so yet again a patch has apparently managed to make the game even more of a chore to play and done nothing of significance to enhance the game lol
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Im surprised this bug has lasted this long. I think the first reports came in on or even before August 1st and its been 5 days and a bug of this kind has not been fixed is absurd. This kind of bug actually hinders people from playing the game on a practical level. It makes it harder and in more severe cases, prevents players from being able to play content they have reached. It is almost equivalent to shutting down the servers and having no service for 5 days. Any other company as big as Cryptic would have addressed this issue within a day, if not a few hours (even if they had to shutdown the servers for a few hours JUST to fix this bug). Almost a week and we dont even hear an estimated time of a fix. For 3 days we hear no word on this, then 2 days we only hear "we're looking into this/a fix is coming". Get your priorities straight please.

I agree., its been ongoing for over a week now as the patch on the 31 broke it. Ive already stated the cause im my above post. Im amazed at how long this bug has lasted. First day or two i was telling everyone this type of issie will be fixed very quickly, by that i meamtaybe a day or two. I jist cajt believe its been ongoing for a week with no end in sight. Really demoralised by this. If its not fixed by friday for the call to arms then i hate to say it but this kimd of stuff is going to kkll this game. Its a shame because i really love the gameplay, but that doesnt do much if the game is brokem for weeks.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Oh and just a heads up everyone, this bug also ses to be affecting enchants.

• Options
    honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This really needs to get fixed soon.