Options

Why are Dungeon ques so long?

2»

Comments

• Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    griffin230 wrote: »
    Recently I've noticed a lot of new GFs with high gs that don't seem to bother grabbing adds aggro off the CW and DCs, even when you ask them to. They only try to tank the boss and let the CW and DCs get mauled by the adds. You would have thought that, at level 60, they would have gotten it by now, but they seem really clueless. Some GWFs that can help with adds, but don't, aren't much better either.

I've also seen quite a lot of CWs not doing control efficiently (like not chaining singularity every 10s at most, not using steal time, not having shield). It's a hell for a tank to cover a bad CW's ***, especially if the DC is really bad too. It's definitely not a one-sided issue. :p And yes i play all 3 class so I know who's doing well and who isn't.

If the CW is good, you don't even need to care about what the tank is doing. You don't need him. Not at all.
  • Options
    griffin230griffin230 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited August 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I've also seen quite a lot of CWs not doing control efficiently (like not chaining singularity every 10s at most, not using steal time, not having shield). It's a hell for a tank to cover a bad CW's ***, especially if the DC is really bad too. It's definitely not a one-sided issue. :p And yes i play all 3 class so I know who's doing well and who isn't.

If the CW is good, you don't even need to care about what the tank is doing. You don't need him. Not at all.

Yeah, I've met bad players of all classes including CWs who ignore adds and just dps the boss and healers who struggle to heal. What I've noticed the most though are incompetent tanks who would rather just dps the boss instead of grabbing the adds that are interrupting a CW's spells so he can't CC. It's almost like some tanks think that handling adds are beneath them and they just want to try and beat the rogue for single target dps, lol.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I tend to avoid pugs now, but I will normally play it safe and grab adds. If the CW(s) and DC are easily handling the adds, I'll switch to single target encounters and go bash the boss instead. Depends on the party.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    The dungeons are so horrible in Neverwinter, that I don't think there are many people that actually run them. I know I don't. I ran a couple when I first started playing, but I hated the experience so much that I've never run another one.

So I think your best bet is to look for a dedicated guild that likes dungeon running. I know there are a few of them out there.

Best of luck.

This.

I have no interest in them. I run foundries and PvP and make foundries. The dungeon design in this game is a disaster. I don't dislike the game because of it (I am generally not serial dungeon runner anyway), but the design here could be much better in my opinion when it comes to endgame group PvE.
  • Options
    rando12467rando12467 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How does the dungeon que system work?

I mean come on cryptic says there is 2 million players then why does it take an hour and sometime 1.5hours to get into a dungeon.

Why not merge servers then to get that que time down to a reasonable time frame at least 15-30min max for higher lvl dungeons.

Come on with 2 million players it shoudnt take that long to que for a dungeon at lvl 60.

What have the devs said about this que system and getting the wait times down also.

Hmm... are dungeon queues really take that long?

I found posts complaining about too many T2 items flooding the market...

Obviously either your post is not true or there aren't really too many dungeon items collapsing the economy.

By the way, it takes way more than 1 hour to get into a WoW dungeon group and WoW has almost 8 millions players. So go figure...
  • Options
    aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rando12467 wrote: »
    Hmm... are dungeon queues really take that long?

I found posts complaining about too many T2 items flooding the market...

Obviously either your post is not true or there aren't really too many dungeon items collapsing the economy.

By the way, it takes way more than 1 hour to get into a WoW dungeon group and WoW has almost 8 millions players. So go figure...
    Again, priest or tank in wow = insta q... At least that is the way it worked when I quit. Dang mage, rogue, etc had to wait about 45 mins-1hr :/ Dps have to wait forever because everyone and their mother/brother/sister/father want to play dps because it is supposed to be "more fun". lol
    The posts about the gf not taking on adds etc made me lol. Tank was my 3rd class to lvl to 60, rogue was my first cw 2nd. W/ my cw, I liked to get trash clumped up normally so those who do aoe could focus and get max aggro/dmg. Most of the cw's my tank tanked for would let me rush/mark the mobs.. I would get em into as much of a grp as I could and look out, either the cw was popping shield or the ice knockback daily (can't remember off the top of my head what it is called :/) to knock the junk out of range. Good stuff. My tank typically spends boss fight time running around gathering the adds. That is how I did it from low lvl on. Dps has helped on some of the worse fights especially w/ ranged adds. Tanks kiting big adds makes boss fights so much easier. So what if I don't get to smack the boss much. I just care the boss dies and I get my shiny at the end :p
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    griffin230 wrote: »
    Yeah, I've met bad players of all classes including CWs who ignore adds and just dps the boss and healers who struggle to heal. What I've noticed the most though are incompetent tanks who would rather just dps the boss instead of grabbing the adds that are interrupting a CW's spells so he can't CC. It's almost like some tanks think that handling adds are beneath them and they just want to try and beat the rogue for single target dps, lol.

I know that i ask tanks not to aggro everything when i play with one, except mobs i can't control. When the GF starts aggroing everything, he won't get everything, no matter how good he is. And i won't be able to control adds if they are scattered all around the room. I prefer being the aggro magnet with my CW, at least i know where they are and where they're going. I made a quite tanky CW (HV set) so it's definitely not an issue. And when i play my DC, i really don't give a **** about what the tank is doing, i can tank almost anything.
  • Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I mean come on cryptic says there is 2 million players then why does it take an hour and sometime 1.5hours to get into a dungeon.
    Because there's not two million current players. There's 2 million accounts created in the history of the game (and there's plenty of posts about empty guilds).
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The problem stems from a variety of issues:

1. Unlike Champions Online, here in Neverwinter there are like 10 different epic dungeons people could queue for. CO had basically 3 active queueable instances, (and a fourth only for higher level players).

2. The queues here want a certain cross-section of classes. In my experience, this seems to be 1 GF, 1 DC, and 3 of CW, TR, GWF. There seem to be many more CW, TR, and GWF's than the other classes, hence why the wait can be longer. Perhaps the devs should look at allowing a bit more overlap - like giving GWFs better aggro management tools so they can function as a tank more reliably.

3. It may sound silly, but having 1 of each class at 60, I find playing a GF to be plodding and frustrating. Perhaps the devs need to examine the class and figure out ways to increase its mobility and enjoyment. Aggro grabbing tools, like "marking" or related powers, (enforced threat, etc) just can't be counted upon to pull enemies off teammates all the time. Maybe it's time to implement, (at least in a limited way), a more forced-aggro system for GFs.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    rando12467rando12467 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Because there's not two million current players. There's 2 million accounts created in the history of the game (and there's plenty of posts about empty guilds).

I don't know if there are any real difference between 5,000, 2 millions or 8 millions players. All it matters about getting in a queue is, you know what, there is a group you can get into regardless of how many players they have.

From what I found, it is harder to get into a dungeon queue in WOW than this game now. If you want to talk about WOW raids, lol, it may be days or never in many servers. That's why Blizzard is doing this massive server merge, connected realms or whatchamacallit thing. Also, level 60 PVP only takes a couple of minutes to get into in this game but BG in WOW? Well...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    We need a better display for queues as well - something showing how many people are queued for a given dungeon/skirmish, as well as a breakdown by class. If I'm on as my DC, and I don't care which dungeon I run, I may opt to queue for the dungeon w/ the least number of DCs in its queue (to get a shorter wait).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    griffin230griffin230 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited August 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I know that i ask tanks not to aggro everything when i play with one, except mobs i can't control. When the GF starts aggroing everything, he won't get everything, no matter how good he is. And i won't be able to control adds if they are scattered all around the room. I prefer being the aggro magnet with my CW, at least i know where they are and where they're going. I made a quite tanky CW (HV set) so it's definitely not an issue. And when i play my DC, i really don't give a **** about what the tank is doing, i can tank almost anything.

I'm talking about tanks who are not interested in doing anything other than tanking the boss. If they're really that interested in only tanking/dpsing the boss, just roll a rogue, lol.
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ran 5 GF's in Mad Dragon last night. Working as intended.
  • Options
    ehsunaehsuna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    We need a better display for queues as well - something showing how many people are queued for a given dungeon/skirmish, as well as a breakdown by class. If I'm on as my DC, and I don't care which dungeon I run, I may opt to queue for the dungeon w/ the least number of DCs in its queue (to get a shorter wait).

This would make a helluva difference. I don't care which Dungeon I'm doing, I only care that I can get a group.
  • Options
    tribalsagetribalsage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I made a suggestion on the link below that could possibly solve the issue if you want to check it out.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?437501-Please-make-instance-ques-to-reach-across-all-the-servers
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't think the queue waits are long due to lack of people at all I think they are actually bugged, if you enter a team of 5 people in a queue it will sill take 20 minutes to fill in the non slot. so merging servers might make the issue worse not better. i've been in long queues going in with a pre-teamed DC and a GF.

not sure if the issue is a bad sort or an obsession with first in first out. but just ask everyone on your team how long the queue is im sure even the GF had to wait a bit.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I don't think the queue waits are long due to lack of people at all I think they are actually bugged, if you enter a team of 5 people in a queue it will sill take 20 minutes to fill in the non slot. so merging servers might make the issue worse not better. i've been in long queues going in with a pre-teamed DC and a GF.

not sure if the issue is a bad sort or an obsession with first in first out. but just ask everyone on your team how long the queue is im sure even the GF had to wait a bit.

There may be something to this... like let's say the queue pops for a team, but then some people don't respond in time. That instance may become locked for a certain period of time, which may then prevent a new instance from popping for a waiting team, even though they should be able to start immediately. If you expand this to 1000's of people playing, this could mean many many reserved instances that aren't being used. Just a guess, though...
  • Options
    iteideiteide Member, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi where can i get Dungeon list from lvl 27 to 60?
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    iteide wrote: »
    Hi where can i get Dungeon list from lvl 27 to 60?

Here you go: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dungeon_Delve