test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Register Now: MindFlayer's first 5 V 5 Premade Tournament

Comments

• honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Back onto the tourney topic.

4 Piece set bonuses. They're broken for a ton of people, not for others.

What are we doing about this for the tourney? What if one team has all broken bonuses and my team lucked out and our bonuses all work?
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I would say as a judge that since everyone is affected we have two choices.

1. wait until a patch - AGAINST THIS IDEA
    2. play with it as it is - FOR THIS IDEA
  • bedroompunisherbedroompunisher Member Posts: 62
    edited August 2013
    ifthir wrote: »
    I would say as a judge that since everyone is affected we have two choices.

1. wait until a patch - AGAINST THIS IDEA
    2. play with it as it is - FOR THIS IDEA

After speaking with a few of the teams i really don't think everyone is equally affected. It's a weird bug and doesn't seem to be happening to everyone.

I think waiting for a fix is the only real option as I'm sure most of us don't want to win because of a bug. As annoying and unfortunate as it is, it's out of our hands.
  • tancred300tancred300 Member Posts: 58
    edited August 2013
    The 4set bonus thing as well as every other complication regarding rules and member replacements

gives the teams and players excuses for loosing. We all know everyone seems to need those excuses, see Army of darkness..

Fixing this bug is as far as i know out of our control too so in my opinion we should just play it out as is to have at least a complete tournament.

Bugs will never stop appearing in this game.

As it seems now the only team that really can motivate their A-players to show up and not get disqualified randomly will win anyway regardless of anything else.
    Edit: joke
  • bedroompunisherbedroompunisher Member Posts: 62
    edited August 2013
    Regarding the four set bonus bug.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?430101-If-your-set-bonus-isn-t-working-please-read/page2

Read the last post. It seems to suggest that a fix is imminent, (hopefully). So i say we give it a little time, at the very least.
  • tancred300tancred300 Member Posts: 58
    edited August 2013
    A game should just be a game, even if you get paid in diamonds for placing top three in a pvp tournament.

I mean I for sure had my good reasons to leave FFoZ, but i still applaud them for the effort and the work they do for our small community here, im sure they knew it was a risk.
  • sirindrasirindra Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    @ GORILLA PUNCHERS

If any of you are able to contact me for match set up or at least let me know what's going on with your team, please contact me at either @sirindra or @sirindra16. Hell reply to this forum or mail me in game even, just wanna know what's up so I can tell my team when they need to be online.

Let's get these matches going!
  • xpertzxxxxpertzxxx Member Posts: 96
    edited August 2013
    sirindra wrote: »
    @ GORILLA PUNCHERS

If any of you are able to contact me for match set up or at least let me know what's going on with your team, please contact me at either @sirindra or @sirindra16. Hell reply to this forum or mail me in game even, just wanna know what's up so I can tell my team when they need to be online.

Let's get these matches going!

Amen to this. Let's watch some more matches!
    Wtf is a Molon Labe?

- Tiduss -

(OoS)
  • doaxiradoaxira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    A couple things, for complete transparency. The judges will be ruling on the following items soon:

-A *small* extension to this rounds matches (1-2 days). Reason: Hopefully the patch for the 4 set fiasco will hit this week. There is some critical bugged sets with a couple of the teams that are currently scheduled to play. However, if no patch comes this week, the matches are going to have to take place as is.

-Due to the apparent MIA of Gorilla Punchers, and the withdrawl of Army of D, there may be some shuffling of the bracket. One possibility would be that as per the recent offering to Guild Breakers to play in the spot of any team that is a no-show, they would play Duce Bellum Inexpertise in place of Gorilla Punchers, then the winner of the match would immediately play The Catholic Church in place of Army of Darkness.

Again, I am not the one deciding on these items, the 3 judges will be, I am just making a better effort to keep everyone in the same loop on a go-forward basis.
  • thexavorythexavory Member Posts: 99
    edited August 2013
    doaxira wrote: »
    A couple things, for complete transparency. The judges will be ruling on the following items soon:

-A *small* extension to this rounds matches (1-2 days). Reason: Hopefully the patch for the 4 set fiasco will hit this week. There is some critical bugged sets with a couple of the teams that are currently scheduled to play. However, if no patch comes this week, the matches are going to have to take place as is.

-Due to the apparent MIA of Gorilla Punchers, and the withdrawl of Army of D, there may be some shuffling of the bracket. One possibility would be that as per the recent offering to Guild Breakers to play in the spot of any team that is a no-show, they would play Duce Bellum Inexpertise in place of Gorilla Punchers, then the winner of the match would immediately play The Catholic Church in place of Army of Darkness.

Again, I am not the one deciding on these items, the 3 judges will be, I am just making a better effort to keep everyone in the same loop on a go-forward basis.

So to clarify, Guild Breakers plays in Gorrilla Punchers slot, and the winner will play in AoD's slot on the current roster. Winner of I'm a Mindflayer vs Poptpourri goes to finals vs Molo.....err....whoever wins the lower bracket.

*edit* Upon further review, this new format would force Serendipity's team to play an extra match to get to the finals. It might be easier/more fair to just swap GB for GP and let the current bracket stand.
    X
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Suggestion:

Since some of the teams had 1st round bye's and other teams no show/withdrawals why not just have the remaining teams do a Round Robin.

Each Team plays each other 2 out of 3 games to win the match. The 2 teams with the Best Win/Lost ratio moves to Finals and the 3rd / 4th team moves to Bronze to fight for 3rd place.

Example:
    Team A - Wins 8 - Loses 2 (That's 4 games played.)
    Team B - Wins 8 - Loses 0 (That's 4 games played.)
    Team C - Wins 2 - Loses 8 (That's 4 games played.)
    Team D - Wins 0 - Loses 8 (That's 4 games played.)

So when playing 2 out of 3 games a team can score 2 wins and 1 lost if all 3 games are played out.
  • thexavorythexavory Member Posts: 99
    edited August 2013
    Well, right now there are 2 teams that have not played a single match, and some that have played 2. I think the two teams that have not played should at least play a match before a "finals" type bracket is drawn up.

There are several options for this, we just need to get the remaining team captains and the judges in the same vent channel and figure out what is most fair and most fun.

X
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    ... in-game /roll 100 - Let that decide 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th. :D Places.
    edited August 2013
    thexavory wrote: »
    Well, right now there are 2 teams that have not played a single match, and some that have played 2. I think the two teams that have not played should at least play a match before a "finals" type bracket is drawn up.

There are several options for this, we just need to get the remaining team captains and the judges in the same vent channel and figure out what is most fair and most fun.

X

Agreed with Xavory here, I am in no way trying to get my team less matches than any other team. My team mates urge for the most equal amount of matches across the board as possible. So far, Molon and Catholic have each played one match (ignoring withdrawals that should have been played). Potpourri has played one, but will need to play 1 more to advance to semi-finals, and I'm a Mindflayer has yet to play just as my team, Dulce. If GB takes GP's place, that makes it so the majority of teams has played at least 1 match before semi finals, besides Potpourri who would be playing 2 to get there. Crossing brackets just seems to complicate how the semi-finals/finals would work in my opinion.

Another idea I had was that if GB is allowed to reenter, split the tournament into two brackets of 3, and then, much like dkcandy's idea, everyone plays each other. Best win/lose ratio of both goes to finals, and second of both goes to semi-finals. Although this idea may be overcomplicated.
    edited August 2013
    And after just re-reading my post, I realized that another way to do this would be for my team, Dulce, to play I'm a Mindflayer then whoever wins that plays Potpourri, which keeps it consistent across the board that every team actually played at least 1 match before semi-finals, while not crossing brackets still.
  • doaxiradoaxira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, I am personally for letting the GB for GP swap take place, let everything else stand. Hopefully we can get judges decision today so everything else can move forward quickly.
    edited August 2013
    thexavory wrote: »
    So to clarify, Guild Breakers plays in Gorrilla Punchers slot, and the winner will play in AoD's slot on the current roster. Winner of I'm a Mindflayer vs Poptpourri goes to finals vs Molo.....err....whoever wins the lower bracket.

X

My only complaint with this set up is in the event that I'm a Mindflayer wins, they only have to play 1 match before they go to finals without a semi-final round to participate in.

I prefer what Xira just posted.
  • thesakarithesakari Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can we please make useless drama created after the judges' decision grounds for instant DQ next tourney please?
  • cruxiscrusade22cruxiscrusade22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ok I have seen that Gorilla Punchers have not shown for their match so I am going to suggest a replacement. Since Gorilla Punchers did not show against Dulce Bellum Inexpertis, I am offering a chance for Guildbreakers to take Gorilla Punchers spot and play against Dulce Bellum Inexpertis. Dulce Bellum Inexpertis have not played a match so this would be their first. If guild breakers is interested, I will need a team captain to message me at gannicus@cruxiscrusade22 and inform me. I would like to have this decision done by today. You can either find me in game or send me an in game mail.

- thank you
  • cruxiscrusade22cruxiscrusade22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have done some talking in game, Seems gorilla punchers is having a tough time getting players together. You still have a couple of days and all,but just trying to making the tournament runs a little smoother. If anyone on the team can contact me just to fill me in, again you can find me at gannicus@cruxiscrusade22.

-Thank you
  • enchants11enchants11 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Edit.... worried about my question underneath if Dulce said we arranged a time/day? Because There was no time arranged for us to not show to.

;/
    My Class is Bard ... "The clash of blades, a note/A battle fought, a verse/The hero's war, a song."
  • enchants11enchants11 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What are you talking about? We did not show?
    Ok I have seen that Gorilla Punchers have not shown for their match so I am going to suggest a replacement. Since Gorilla Punchers did not show against Dulce Bellum Inexpertis, I am offering a chance for Guildbreakers to take Gorilla Punchers spot and play against Dulce Bellum Inexpertis. Dulce Bellum Inexpertis have not played a match so this would be their first. If guild breakers is interested, I will need a team captain to message me at gannicus@cruxiscrusade22 and inform me. I would like to have this decision done by today. You can either find me in game or send me an in game mail.

- thank you
    My Class is Bard ... "The clash of blades, a note/A battle fought, a verse/The hero's war, a song."
    edited August 2013
    I have been informed there was a communication issue, just making sure it goes smoothy, also heard you guys having trouble getting players, but you still have time, their is 3 days left before match has to be played, just trying to make sure all matches get scheduled and played.
  • hopoffhopoff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    TankMode here I think the gun was fired abit premature lol. Those 2 teams are still talking about date/times and according to the captain of GP they set a time days ago so major misscommunication. Instead I think the judges should set a date and give them untill then and not get in the way at all let them do their thing. Also as much as Id love to see my guild fight again I think it would be more fair to see a vote by the judge's or maybe even by the other teams just to make things more fair for all.
    edited August 2013
    To clear up all communication problems:

Gorilla Punchers vs Dulce Bellum Inexpertis @ 9am PST tomorrow (Aug 7th)

There was merely a concern on my end that I had not been able to reach anyone in almost a week about our match, after having given our time constraints. No one said they did not show, no one said they were dropping out. We just were wondering where they were and needed to set a time relatively soon so our team could plan to be online for that time.

Sorry to Fate for any problems he received on his end for this.
    edited August 2013
    yes I did not say they dropped either, it was misunderstood, I was just preparing just in case. I even told mamba to ask his team and if some reason GP don't show I will have a back up, I was still allowing the next few days they have for their match, I just heard thing from many people and wanted to clarify. nothing wrong with being prepared ahead of time. having a hard enough time getting a hold of people in this tourney for other issues :P so the more I can do ahead of time the better. As of Now it is Still GP vs. DBI, Guildbreakers is just a backup :D
    edited August 2013
    yes I did not say they dropped either, it was misunderstood, I was just preparing just in case. I even told mamba to ask his team and if some reason GP don't show I will have a back up, I was still allowing the next few days they have for their match, I just heard thing from many people and wanted to clarify. nothing wrong with being prepared ahead of time. having a hard enough time getting a hold of people in this tourney for other issues :P so the more I can do ahead of time the better. As of Now it is Still GP vs. DBI, Guildbreakers is just a backup :D

Thank you for being prepared ^^ I know everyone involved is doing the best they can to make this go smoothly.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Hey guys, sorry for the late moderation on this!

Please remember to keep the drama off the forums. If you have a dispute take it up in private or amongst a closed group of players as the Tournament Organizers requested. Bringing all of your complaints and accusations into this thread ruined the tournament for everybody else and completely derailed this thread. This is the same reason the moderators have the no discussion of moderation or disciplinary action rules: it derails threads and ruins the enjoyment for others.

I ended up removing 88 posts from this thread for being off topic, guild drama and discussing the disciplinary actions taken by Tournament Officials and I was being fairly lenient trying to let the initial disapproval opinions get voiced. That can't happen again! :(

If you decide something is not for you that's fine but do not ruin the experience for everybody else. ;)

Thanks for running this tournament guys and girls!
    I hope you and others will continue to run events like this in the future.
  • hopoffhopoff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Please remember to keep the drama off the forums. If you have a dispute take it up in private or amongst a closed group of players as the Tournament Organizers requested. Bringing all of your complaints and accusations into this thread ruined the tournament for everybody else and completely derailed this thread. This is the same reason the moderators have the no discussion of moderation or disciplinary action rules: it derails threads and ruins the enjoyment for others.

I ended up removing 88 posts from this thread for being off topic, guild drama and discussing the disciplinary actions taken by Tournament Officials and I was being fairly lenient trying to let the initial disapproval opinions get voiced. That can't happen again! :(

If you decide something is not for you that's fine but do not ruin the experience for everybody else. ;)

^^ u the man appreciate the moderating
  • xpertzxxxxpertzxxx Member Posts: 96
    edited August 2013

About time. Thanks. Go team Pvp Stone Buggy!
    Wtf is a Molon Labe?

- Tiduss -

(OoS)
This discussion has been closed.