test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"You lost 6,000 Astral Diamonds" x 3! ? How/Why/When/Who ?

perfectionagainperfectionagain Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
You lost 6,000 Astral Diamonds ! ? How/Why/When/Who ?

Hello folks, well as you can see from the subject title I have lost 6,000 Astral Diamonds and "in the log" with blatant text of "You lost 6,000 Astral Diamonds."

I asked everybody for the last 24 hours in Protectors and everybody replied with you can't lose Astral Diamonds which is what I thought myself but yesterday morning all I had was 25k something and then sitting around in Protectors chatting with my friends on skype and my mrs I noticed this had happened, first 6,000 then half hour later another 6,000 then last night another 6,000 totaling 18k I lost and I have no idea why nor has anybody else which leads me to posting this thread as I do not want to even play this character or game anymore until somebody can give me an explanation of how I lost Astral Diamonds.

The only lines of text before the "You lost 6,000 Astral Diamonds." in the log file is regarding the Trades of Blades Vendor as you can see from the attached image and I'm hoping that you guys and the developers can help me here :( as I'm not happy at all but more frustrated as nobody knows why.

I have submitted a Ticket regarding the first 2 lost AD and then updated the Ticket last night with the 3rd instance of it happening and hoping by the end of the day to realize I have done something stupid or my 18k is back in my account and it was some strange mistake.

What I done/didn't do yesterday --- I haven't bought/spent any, I was walking around Protectors, Nobody can access my acc and haven't and if they did I don't think 6,000 AD would be on there list, I have never bought anything from the Trade Vendor since I started this game.

All i can say it's a good job I was looking through my log to see this happen to take the screenshot.

I sincerely hope to get some help here as I do not want this happening to somebody else without even knowing why. please find attached an image of my screen log for the first incident yesterday morning.

2013_08_06_51_12e9e52e828091551707.jpg

Many thanks to any help on this and thanks for reading and I hope your Astral Diamonds are safe.

Cecil
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Were you close to a TR? Maybe they stole it.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    Were you close to a TR? Maybe they stole it.
    Egads!(note: this cannot happen!)

. . . . . The only way you should be loosing astral diamonds in this manner is if you're physically pressing something that costs Astral Diamonds to complete the button requirements that your pressing (like an auction posting, vendor purchase, AD Exchange sale listing, etc.). If you are not doing something to cause this at the time of the event log... I just don't know what then.

. . . . . All I can say is wait until Support gets to your ticket and responds as there is no way to physically trade astral diamonds between characters through trade, or have them stolen from your character by another character. The only way is through small donations when reviewing a Foundry Mission, or between one's own characters by depositing in the AD Exchange then withdrawing on another character on the same shard.

*the mage frowns wishing he could help more*
  • perfectionagainperfectionagain Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Egads!(note: this cannot happen!)

. . . . . The only way you should be loosing astral diamonds in this manner is if you're physically pressing something that costs Astral Diamonds to complete the button requirements that your pressing (like an auction posting, vendor purchase, AD Exchange sale listing, etc.). If you are not doing something to cause this at the time of the event log... I just don't know what then.

. . . . . All I can say is wait until Support gets to your ticket and responds as there is no way to physically trade astral diamonds between characters through trade, or have them stolen from your character by another character. The only way is through small donations when reviewing a Foundry Mission, or between one's own characters by depositing in the AD Exchange then withdrawing on another character on the same shard.

*the mage frowns wishing he could help more*

Hi and many thanks for the replies, I shall await the ticket and see what's going on...

Question, when you purchase something (which I know I haven't) surely this reports in the log as "you have spent" rather than "you have lost" ? for whatever purchase or trade or review but I can assure you all I haven't bought nothing which hopefully the Devs can see and see a trail of how this occurred.

Cheers and keeping an eye on this thread.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Someone different posted earlier that they had suddenly lost 18,000+ Astral Diamonds from Inventory. So, I do not think this is an isolated incident.

That last patch broke a lot. Starting to be afraid to even login now after a week where I intentionally kept away...

EDIT: here is the bug report, http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?432641-Lost-18-838-astral-diamonds!-Waste-of-time-to-play&p=5451891#post5451891
    edited August 2013
    Not good :(, thx for posting that link... I've also replied to their thread to highlight this issue ASAP.
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    Interesting, please let us know if this is a game feature or bug, if this is game features, i will no longer keep AD in my character and convert all to ZEN nor will i ever sell ZEN unless i need something but not over trade.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi and many thanks for the replies, I shall await the ticket and see what's going on...

Question, when you purchase something (which I know I haven't) surely this reports in the log as "you have spent" rather than "you have lost" ? for whatever purchase or trade or review but I can assure you all I haven't bought nothing which hopefully the Devs can see and see a trail of how this occurred.

Cheers and keeping an eye on this thread.

No, the log reports "you have lost" when you spend AD.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    if you lose a bid? do you hink it happen the same? usually you see that in mail when you lose the bid but the AD are taken out of your inventory
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The sad thing is that if this was thousands of AD randomly appearing in peoples inventory then you know we would have an emergency maintenance and Cryptic would be all over it but because players are just losing thousands of AD you can bet your bottom dollar they will take ages to even bother looking into it...
  • d1gitalhyped1gitalhype Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    The sad thing is that if this was thousands of AD randomly appearing in peoples inventory then you know we would have an emergency maintenance and Cryptic would be all over it but because players are just losing thousands of AD you can bet your bottom dollar they will take ages to even bother looking into it...

I'm as much of a cynic as the next guy. But, i don't buy this. Any errant behavior related to in-game currency will likely invoke investigation by Cryptic. Exploits in this are have the potential to drastically affect economic balance, and disrupt the real-world revenue stream for PWE.

With that said, I doubt there are any shenanigans here. More likely this is an example of poorly worded UI message, regarding a purchase, or AH bid, etc.
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've seen this message when i made bids on the auction house via the gateway.

Perhaps you did that? or someone else with access to your account bid on some stuff.. Check the AH/Mail.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • armenuaarmenua Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Wait. Are you saying if you bid on something in the AH, that if you lose the bid, you also lose the AD you bid on the item? That just seems wrong.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    armenua wrote: »
    Wait. Are you saying if you bid on something in the AH, that if you lose the bid, you also lose the AD you bid on the item? That just seems wrong.

If you bid on an item, the funds are taken away from you by the system and only returned to you via mail on either expiry of the bid or if you are outbid, as far as I know.

However, it seems clear that at least in both reporters cases, they were doing nothing at the time related to their character when they received the AD loss notification...
  • roller300roller300 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    have you used the zen astral diamond exchange? when i do, i get the "you lost ____ astral diamonds" message.
    edited August 2013
    Hey folks, I appreciate all your eyes on this and input as I'm glad it's getting the relevant attention it needs.

All I can say is that I wasn't doing anything or bought/placed bids on the AH - I only had 25k on the morning and now still 6k in there so there is only 1 more set of 6 they can rob from me - I also haven't used the Exchange or nothing I wish i could say I had or add more but not a bean more apart from "You lost 6,000 Astral Diamonds"

Thx again - I'll keep checking back and one day I may even get an official dev reply or ticket response - typical it was just when I was thinking of buying some in game goodies myself.......................l
  • felixvogelsangfelixvogelsang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Err, nevermind.
  • rehpicrehpic Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can you please post name@handle of the character that had the issue, as well as the approximate date and time that it occurred?
    Lead Programmer: Neverwinter
  • invalidgirlinvalidgirl Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    2013_08_06_51_12e9e52e828091551707.jpg

>__> Sorry... I thought they were wasps in your pockets... Very, shiny, wasps.
    edited August 2013
    rehpic wrote: »
    Can you please post name@handle of the character that had the issue, as well as the approximate date and time that it occurred?

Handle = SmokeBreak@perfectionmmo
    Time First 2 x 6000 AD (screenshot) was roughly between 5/8/13 (Yesterday) 3PM & 6PM, as the modified date when I took the screenshot was 16:19 (UK GMT Time)

The Second 1 x 6000 AD (no screenshot but exactly the same text) just between 5/8/13 (Yesterday) 11:30PM & 1:30AM

I thank you very much for your attention on this Cryptic Studios Team and many thanks to everybody else who has jumped on this thread as there must be some reason for this as it's not the 18k I lost its the billions what could be being lost as we speak with small amounts from accounts.

Thanks and I'll be looking @ this by the second.
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    Someone different posted earlier that they had suddenly lost 18,000+ Astral Diamonds from Inventory. So, I do not think this is an isolated incident.

That last patch broke a lot. Starting to be afraid to even login now after a week where I intentionally kept away...

EDIT: here is the bug report, http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?432641-Lost-18-838-astral-diamonds!-Waste-of-time-to-play&p=5451891#post5451891

Pretty sure it's nothing to do with this or any recent patch. It happened to me a few times, once while I was riding mount and another while I was just standing at campfire healing.

It hasn't happened (at least that I've noticed) in over a month... although there have been several times 'I could swear I was over 160K AD when I logged out last night.." I saw the same text the other times.. "you lost 6000 Astral Diamonds." Couldn't remember for sure if it was 5K or 6K but seeing it typed here, I think it was 6.

Anyway.. wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to be returned or even to see anything admitting that it happened. But hopefully it will get fixed at some point. Trudging on.....
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • krillemy1krillemy1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I loose AD everyday i login.

Nuff said
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I believe it's nothing to do with AH or anything else. I had never used the AH on my Char when it happened, I was leveling. Riding my mount one time, and healing at campfire another. ..And it seems that it happens in counts of 6000.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Do check the AD/Zen exchange, Sometimes if a Zen listing fails or gets canceled it goes into an account based pool that you can see via the buy tab of the exchange. If it glitches the AD may have gone into the account pool.
    edited August 2013
    Hi, never used the Exchange at all and still checked but nothing at all. Still a mystery :) let's hope Mr Cryptic gets back to us soon with some answers.
    edited August 2013
    I can't find an account with the handle @perfectionmmo. Can you double check it?
    edited August 2013
    Nevermind, I found you. I'll take a look at your logs and see what I can find...
    edited August 2013
    All 3 of the 6000 AD reductions were charges for renaming companions.
    edited August 2013
    rehpic wrote: »
    All 3 of the 6000 AD reductions were charges for renaming companions.

Well, I'm glad you have found some link in your logs and apparently I have renamed these companions but that is something I have not done as what a terrible waste of AD it is 6k todo it.

I already had my 2 companions which were the same, name and I think I had 1 more companion but nothing to do with any renaming at all, also the 3rd 6,000 on the late evening I had not even touched nothing to do with companions, nothing I have done has given me anything to suggest "this will cost you 6,000 astral diamonds" as I have to work my hat off to get a low amount anyway so why would I do that.

Can you assist me and everybody with providing these logs or snippets from these logs so that we all can see this plain as day as I still not think in anyway or form that I have renamed companions the only thing I have ever done with companions is purchase them for 2 gold, nothing more.

... many thx for getting back to us on this Cryptic Studios Team but please can you elaborate and provide info as this doesn't ring true at all. I really hope I have renamed them but it wasn't something I did consciously knowing it cost me 6k but it would at least explain this to everybody which is why I posted this in the 1st place
    edited August 2013
    I can clearly see in the logs that you renamed the pets to these names:

* WomanWithBigSword
    * DogPossiblyMongrel
    * HealQuickerPlease
    edited August 2013
    Well rehpic - Cryptic Studios & All who jumped on this thread for/with me.

Thank you very much for your response and help on this issue and for clearing that up for me, it was something I done totally unknowingly as now I look at it its a small piece of text above stating 6,000 to change name. My mistake and I apologize for any paranoia which may have been caused but with a few people having "lost" astral diamonds it was a case of Chinese whispers and my lack of knowledge and I must admit a "minimal amount of companion renaming game buttons I think" but nevertheless, my hands are held up and I must say Thank you again.

Cheers
    :) Cecil