test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tenebrous enchants.

Comments

• Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How are Tenebs pay-2win, yet your $200 epic weapon isn't? GTFO, another self-centered whine post.

...lol? You do realize the epic weapon you are claiming is p2w is next to the lowest quality weapon available right? I think there is one below it which goes for like 8k on the Ah. Your post is amusing though.

And to the guy who claimed 750 damage per second is not a lot.. really? Multiply that by 7. Still not a lot? That amount ticks every second, and all 7 almost always proc every single time plaguefire does. If you do not think 7 of them stacking is not OP.. you obviously do not pvp.
  • Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pregnable wrote: »
    TL;DR

Pretty sure all these problems are fixed, as I have not played an unbalanced pvp match in weeks.

Actually, it has been a few weeks since I have seen any problems at all with this game. Everything seems perfect from my point of view.

Remind me not to buy sunglasses where you do.
  • Options
    eriqdravineriqdravin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pizzamurai wrote: »
    ...lol? You do realize the epic weapon you are claiming is p2w is next to the lowest quality weapon available right? I think there is one below it which goes for like 8k on the Ah. Your post is amusing though.

And to the guy who claimed 750 damage per second is not a lot.. really? Multiply that by 7. Still not a lot? That amount ticks every second, and all 7 almost always proc every single time plaguefire does. If you do not think 7 of them stacking is not OP.. you obviously do not pvp.

Sigh.. its not a tic & each Tene can only proc every 10 sec sooooo at BEST its around 5k dmg for all 7 put together EVERY 10 sec .. leave math to other ppl obviously
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    eriqdravin wrote: »
    Sigh.. its not a tic & each Tene can only proc every 10 sec sooooo at BEST its around 5k dmg for all 7 put together EVERY 10 sec .. leave math to other ppl obviously

It is obviously not working like that. 10k damage from tenebrous in the span of 5 seconds is a regular occurence on toons that use it
    Specially the perma stealth tenebrous rogues using cloud of steel to murder entire teams by themselves. (Which I saw first hand two nights ago mind you, so it is not fixed.)
  • Options
    eriqdravineriqdravin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It is obviously not working like that. 10k damage from tenebrous in the span of 5 seconds is a regular occurence on toons that use it
    Specially the perma stealth tenebrous rogues using cloud of steel to murder entire teams by themselves.

I'm done..... LAWL
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    eriqdravin wrote: »
    I'm done..... LAWL

Byebye. Have fun with yours.
  • Options
    pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Remind me not to buy sunglasses where you do.

I understand where you are coming from. Usually I am more clear about my opinions. Needless to say I will try not to do that in the future. It pains me to see people having trouble with this game. Never the less, I try to help the players on this forum when I can. Sure, it might seem like bashing sometimes, but that is never my intention. These last few months have been hard on this game, but it can endure. At least I believe it can. Leave it to haters to call for doom and gloom though. Lets just say that the internet is not full of all well mannered people. Everyone should respect the opinions of others. Do think what you will about me, but know that I have pure intentions.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    pregnable wrote: »
    I understand where you are coming from. Usually I am more clear about my opinions. Needless to say I will try not to do that in the future. It pains me to see people having trouble with this game. Never the less, I try to help the players on this forum when I can. Sure, it might seem like bashing sometimes, but that is never my intention. These last few months have been hard on this game, but it can endure. At least I believe it can. Leave it to haters to call for doom and gloom though. Lets just say that the internet is not full of all well mannered people. Everyone should respect the opinions of others. Do think what you will about me, but know that I have pure intentions.

Preaching to the choir. I obviously support this game and want it to thrive, but putting on the blinders and saying "everything seems perfect" is... not the way to go about doing that. Rave about the features you like, but don't ever feel bad about voicing your opinion about something you feel is done poorly. One sided praise is a loss for everyone cause nothing will ever be perfect, but they can do their thing and we can offer feedback to help with that.

My personal feedback is... a third of my game dies at 60 thanks to the imbalance. ( I adore pvp all the way up to 59. Except on my cleric. I am a horrible cleric in pvp). Fixing the brokenness of stacking tenebrous is a big first step toward that, imo.
  • Options
    ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited June 2013
    This game is going to do nothing but seriously <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off people who spent money acquiring all these broken items. There is no win-win fix here. You either get screwed for investing in these or the game goes on and we pretend it's all just WAI.
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I had to vote nerf. With them stacking fro various sources it is no different then the stacking DC AS. Why break one class for a set reason but do nothing about another doing pretty much the same thing. Stacking effects.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ctdummy80 wrote: »
    This game is going to do nothing but seriously <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off people who spent money acquiring all these broken items. There is no win-win fix here. You either get screwed for investing in these or the game goes on and we pretend it's all just WAI.

The win win is making it so you can only use 1 Tene. All the players that have stacked Tene's know they are in the wrong and using a bugged enchant. If they can't see that someday it should be changed shame on them. Besides its there choice to buy the bugged enchant no one held a gun to there head. So if they take it away its just how the game goes. It's common sense really. All good players sold there Tene's anyways the ones holding onto them are bad.
  • Options
    psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't play PVP so if that all it is effecting then I say tough cookies, don't kill my pve for the pvp.
  • Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Maybe someone has suggested, make Tenebrous enchants more effective in PvE, but no effect in PvP
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    mrz1mmersmrz1mmers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I completely agree, level 60 pvp is completely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because of such and other enchantments, I think a good solution would be to remove the effects of all enchantments entirely in PVP, and leave their effects alone for PVE.... this way a player could only be overpowered as much as his base gear allowed him to be, which isn't much.... someone in a T2 set will have an advantage over someone in a T1 set that has similiar stats, but the advantage wouldn't be huge........... this is where good PVP builds would truly come into play rather than "let's see who can fill up all their slots with /fail cheese to victory"
  • Options
    satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    mrz1mmers wrote: »
    I completely agree, level 60 pvp is completely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because of such and other enchantments, I think a good solution would be to remove the effects of all enchantments entirely in PVP, and leave their effects alone for PVE.... this way a player could only be overpowered as much as his base gear allowed him to be, which isn't much.... someone in a T2 set will have an advantage over someone in a T1 set that has similiar stats, but the advantage wouldn't be huge........... this is where good PVP builds would truly come into play rather than "let's see who can fill up all their slots with /fail cheese to victory"
    While I do agree the enchants need a fix, battles are never meant to be about even playing field. It's about the effort put into obtaining what you have and your ability to fight. A more even stat wise pvp only matter competitively. Issue with NW, there are too many things boosting damage to the point people can get a kill by pressing a couple keys. It's not much of a battle, more of a who can hit the other first.
  • Options
    oortexploreroortexplorer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm not one to complain about every little thing, but there is definitely a problem in level 60 PVP. Full health, you get attacked by some people and there is nothing you can do, can't push a single button before you're dead. That involves no skill, and is just plain idiotic. If these enchants are the cause, they should be removed from the game entirely.
    All's Fair in Love and War - Explore the lighter side of Neverwinter!
    Code: NW-DJ5BFT52F
    Author: @oortexplorer
    Now eligible for Daily Foundry!
  • Options
    mrz1mmersmrz1mmers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While I do agree the enchants need a fix, battles are never meant to be about even playing field. It's about the effort put into obtaining what you have and your ability to fight. A more even stat wise pvp only matter competitively. Issue with NW, there are too many things boosting damage to the point people can get a kill by pressing a couple keys. It's not much of a battle, more of a who can hit the other first.

Well, it's not really about balancing, as everyone knows, some classes have advantages that make them a natural choice for PVP, and other classes have to work really hard to do well in PVP...... that's not a problem the way I see it, the enchantments are allowing for people to be overpowered to far too huge a degree, remove their effects from PVP and some players will still remain overpowered, but not to such a ridiculous degree.
  • Options
    alaerickalaerick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    In my opinion the best course of action for fixing this problem of over powered enchantments is in an upcoming patch nerf so that no enchantments stack on a character. In that same patch send out a mail to all players giving them 5-10 free "Enchantment extractors" to their mailbox so they can remove all of these freely and sell them to others allowing players to recoup some of their losses.
    A beautiful death awaits you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
    Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
  • Options
    sh4dowrunn3rsh4dowrunn3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Another possible fix. Cryptic likes caps so make a soft cap at 1 enchant ... second enchant gives 50 % benefit of full enchant .. third 25 %... etc. No one can complain they don't work anymore then :P.
  • Options
    mlew0032mlew0032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't understand why people are complaining about Tenebrous when it's not even that unbalanced. Like what someone else was saying that it deals necrotic damage based solo off of your "current" HP so if you're being pummeled by a group of people then it'll make Tenebrous useless.

Someone also stated that they shouldn't be stackable when it's only 3% of "current" HP; i.e. only 900 damage at 30k hp with a slow activation rate making it below par hence why people give up ALOT of offense slots to put only these.

The costs of these aren't making it any better seeing as how a Greater Tenebrous Enchantment costs roughly around two millions Astral Diamonds which is slightly less than the costs of combining shards to make a greater. These also being for offensive slots makes it more versatile yet costs are still the same as something that can be used once at a time.

Then there is the part where people constantly complain about them in PvP when they haven't thought about anything else such as PvE? They are almost completely useless during PvE and barely help your DPS total.

My conclusion is.... why nerf something that is already nerfed and only useful in one thing? Because you cry whenever you get killed by the best of anything in the game? Just because they use Tenebrous doesn't mean they cannot be killed nor are they any better at taking a beating.

EDIT: Tenebrous does help with getting kills in PvP but is that even such a big deal? Oh no! They got a title faster than you from using this item! Nerf it now!
    Server : Mindflayer

Characters:
    Ellamae - Level 60 CW (12.1k T2 Geared)
    Norros - Level 60 TR (12.1k T2 Geared)
    Keira - Level 60 GF (13.2k T2 Geared)
    Mialee - Level 60 DC (12.2k T2 Geared)
    Thoradin - Level 60 GWF (12.8k T2 Geared)
  • Options
    jawarisinjawarisin Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Do you want it removed from the game, nerfed, or are you okay with it?

Only way to get tenebrous enchants, to my knowledge, is through nightmare lockboxes. That means you either have to spend AD or zen to do so, there's no way to "earn" them through dungeons or what have you. You're literally paying absurd amounts of currency in order to kill people in seconds.

I haven't pvped seriously at 60 for over a month now because every time I do, I get maybe one good match out of three, because I'll find a cleric or CW that kills me in 3 seconds flat (regardless of what class I'm playing) because of stacking greater tenebrous enchants. Most of you people complaining about class balance probably don't even notice it's not the class actually killing you in most cases, it's the tenebrous enchants in their gear (look for the flames lingering on your body, if you can even survive long enough to see them).

I don't like making posts like this, but this one enchant has entirely killed my desire to pvp once level 60 is reached (The bots are a close second, but that's not an easy fix)

Although i voted to remove them completely, I never had a problem with them.
    CW Renegade comprehensive build+guide PvP:
    Here for the build+guide
  • Options
    t3hwh173f0xt3hwh173f0x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Here's the issue with Tenebrous enchants;
    They allow players to potentially have ridiculously insane DPS bursts in PvP against other players. A TR with a full suit of greater tenebrous enchants can 1 shot a really poorly geared player with ease. Now here's where it gets bad, that really poorly geared player turns out to be someone who knows very little about the game. They come onto the forums and start flaming saying that the TR is OP. This happens enough times (we'll say 50+ posts), Cryptic catches on. Cryptic goes "Hmmm, there's a lot of people complaining about TRs in the forums. Maybe they need a nerf".
    I think the rest of the story is explains itself so I won't bother finishing it. But the fact remains, Tenebrous enchantments are OP in PvP. As long as they exist in the game, players will be getting 1-shotted and bads will be qq'ing on the forums about nerfs. I vote remove them from the game completely, they are getting classes nerfed.
    That's my two cents. Thanks for reading.
    EDIT: Forgot to mention, I have a gear set that has a full set of Greater Tenebrous enchantments and I use it in PvP from time to time. I wouldn't mind losing those enchants (although I worked very hard to get them) to better balance the game and reduce the amount of qq'ing in the forums.
  • Options
    vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They allow players to potentially have ridiculously insane DPS bursts in PvP against other players. A TR with a full suit of greater tenebrous enchants can 1 shot a really poorly geared player with ease. Now here's where it gets bad, that really poorly geared player turns out to be someone who knows very little about the game.

A lot of more blabla.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I have a gear set that has a full set of Greater Tenebrous enchantments and I use it in PvP from time to time.

"that really poorly geared player turns out to be someone who knows very little about the game." & "I have a gear set that has a full set of Greater Tenebrous enchantments and I use it in PvP from time to time."

Try again later.
    signature-lili.png
  • Options
    t3hwh173f0xt3hwh173f0x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    vverg wrote: »
    "that really poorly geared player turns out to be someone who knows very little about the game." & "I have a gear set that has a full set of Greater Tenebrous enchantments and I use it in PvP from time to time."

Try again later.

?

I'm not sure what you mean
  • Options
    oregonizeoregonize Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They allow players to potentially have ridiculously insane DPS bursts in PvP against other players..

You don't say! Thank you for clearing this up! Nobody in the last 6 pages of this thread could seem to figure out why Tene's might be OP...

In all honesty though, one thing that hasn't really been talked about is how Tene's are one of the main component in almost all of the currently "broken" builds across all of the classes. No dmg cuz you went for perma-stealth? Stack Tene's and suddenly you are a god! GWF sentinel lacking damage but having nearly unlimited HP? Stack Tene's and suddenly you are a god....the list goes on.

While I think its really fun to come up with builds that have next to no dmg and then make them viable with Tene's, it seems to be the main reason why a ton of builds are "OP".
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    oregonize wrote: »
    In all honesty though, one thing that hasn't really been talked about is how Tene's are one of the main component to almost all of the currently "broken" builds across all the classes. No dmg cuz you went for perma-stealth? Stack Tene's and suddenly you are a god! GWF sentinel lacking damage but having nearly unlimited HP? Stack Tene's and suddenly you are a god....the list goes on.

I agree completely with you. It really does break the game.
  • Options
    mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My vote isn't to remove them or nerf them. Setting a maximum amount of a certain type of enchant would solve the problem without too much drama.
    I opted not to vote for any of the choices as they don't fix anything.
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My vote isn't to remove them or nerf them. Setting a maximum amount of a certain type of enchant would solve the problem without too much drama.
    I opted not to vote for any of the choices as they don't fix anything.

One per character sounds reasonable .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    k4pnkrunchk4pnkrunch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Seriously? Begging for another nerf? You people would have Protector's Enclave wrapped in bubblewrap because the fall damage was too OP. Think of how ungrateful you sound, complaining that you die too quick in a free-to-play game because someone who supported the development team has a slightly increased chance of having a larger PvP ego than you.
    Harlequinn - Lvl 60 Trickster Rogue
    [EX]Officer - Order of the Raven
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    4 million or more for enchants and to be of any % of difference you need 5 or 6 so that means 20 to 24 million AD and it is not p2w ha lol
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...