test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tenebrous enchants.

pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Do you want it removed from the game, nerfed, or are you okay with it?

Only way to get tenebrous enchants, to my knowledge, is through nightmare lockboxes. That means you either have to spend AD or zen to do so, there's no way to "earn" them through dungeons or what have you. You're literally paying absurd amounts of currency in order to kill people in seconds.

I haven't pvped seriously at 60 for over a month now because every time I do, I get maybe one good match out of three, because I'll find a cleric or CW that kills me in 3 seconds flat (regardless of what class I'm playing) because of stacking greater tenebrous enchants. Most of you people complaining about class balance probably don't even notice it's not the class actually killing you in most cases, it's the tenebrous enchants in their gear (look for the flames lingering on your body, if you can even survive long enough to see them).

I don't like making posts like this, but this one enchant has entirely killed my desire to pvp once level 60 is reached (The bots are a close second, but that's not an easy fix)
Post edited by pizzamurai on

Comments

• Options
    theshadowithen65theshadowithen65 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Earn AD threw selling random stuff and THen buy Zen with the AD for keys? it is possible to earn Zen it just takes a few steps
  • Options
    ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I PvP every day a lot and honestly don't feel they are that big of a factor. Also I don't wear even one.
  • Options
    zjesminzzjesminz Member Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I earn AD from invocation then buy Zen with AD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hence why I said you have to spend zen or AD. Either way, you will pay for it. This is not about "Lolz I can buy it with the AD I earned through X method".

Clarified OP. I have pvped in the last month, but sparingly, because it's frustrating being killed in 3 seconds by enchants. I want to like PVP, I really do.
  • Options
    piconsipiconsi Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think this is a very partial poll, 3 options with 2 of them "nerf or remove" and 1 stay as same, not option for improving it, or change the way it works. Obviously you only want to remove them.

There is not pay 2 win, there are many forms you can take them, some of them explained before. If you don't want to it's not our problem.

And is not disbalanced on PVP since it is posible for all characters to equip them, all have the same posibilities. If you prefer gear with other stuff it's again your problem.

So stop crying and learn to play, or bring us any valid solution.

In my opinion, Tenebrous shoud be DoT to decrease burst, with that you can correct the only problem with this enchants.

See you.
  • Options
    jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've topped kill charts with my CW with just the standard PvP set and various rank 5 enchants. I finally broke down and bought a lesser lightning for my orb and a briartwine for my chest piece. You don't need tene's to own in pvp. That said, I voted to remove them because their procs do allow low skilled players to inflate their kill totals.
  • Options
    jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zjesminz wrote: »
    I earn AD from invocation then buy Zen with AD.

Aaaand this has to do with the thread subject and/or the price of tea in China how?
  • Options
    kindyrekindyre Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2013
    Voted nerf heavily. Preferably, by making their effect unique, so they cannot be stacked.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It's a broken mechanic of the game, it needs to be fixed and if fixing them is out of the question then removing them is the next step. Just remember, Cryptic could remove them, or fix them and people will gravitate towards the next best thing to stack that gives them an edge over other players.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    holyshitidontcarholyshitidontcar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They're brokenly overpowered. Like every other % enchant in the game, those of the same tier should not stack.
  • Options
    rukhmathrukhmath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And what of the ppl who have spent hundreds on a full set? How are they to be compensated?

At no time was it said to be a "bug" or a "bugged enchant" a glitch, an abnormality? The developers had made no such mention.
    Some ppl's perspective of it being "broken" does not change the fact that real money had been spent on an item that would not have been spent on, if it was not the way it is.

Already they have increased the cooldown of it's proc rate, and still the people who have it stayed quiet. I suppose this is within reason.
    Do not presume the silence will persevere with yet another "nerf" or removal altogether, without some sort of compensation.

So? How is this to be settled?
    No need for quotes anymore. Lost City's eyes are wide open now. Thank god!b:victory
  • Options
    bitz06bitz06 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    they can't remove them, half of the reason many people are able to play this game is because people spent a lot of money on them. Wouldn't be a wise move to take away items that people payed. You would see many people dispute their charges and PW would stands to loss a lot of money
    Bitz Maidenhell - GM TSYM

TSYM Website

Dragon Server
  • Options
    sh4dowrunn3rsh4dowrunn3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bitz06 wrote: »
    they can't remove them, half of the reason many people are able to play this game is because people spent a lot of money on them. Wouldn't be a wise move to take away items that people payed. You would see many people dispute their charges and PW would stands to loss a lot of money

1. script unbinds all of them into player's inventory
    2. They are changed to weapon enchant slot, maybe even buffed a little
    3. They are made way harder to get, lower drop rate from box by a LOT or totally disable it (this way everyone who spent lots of money on them probably actually gains money when they sell them)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    1. script unbinds all of them into player's inventory
    2. They are changed to weapon enchant slot, maybe even buffed a little
    3. They are made way harder to get, lower drop rate from box by a LOT or totally disable it (this way everyone who spent lots of money on them probably actually gains money when they sell them)

Nice idea.

However. Who would buy it, after it is changed to weapon enchantment? Who would take a 3% of your max hp in dmg and reduce def by 15% enchantment with a chance to proc, over an already existing confirmed 15% or so of additional weapon damage that doesn't need to be proced?

The real solution is. If you want it gone so bad. Make a npc where they can be traded to their their offense slot enchantment equivalent.
    I'd say a greater tenebrous would translate into a rank 10?
    No need for quotes anymore. Lost City's eyes are wide open now. Thank god!b:victory
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    rukhmath wrote: »
    And what of the ppl who have spent hundreds on a full set? How are they to be compensated?

At no time was it said to be a "bug" or a "bugged enchant" a glitch, an abnormality? The developers had made no such mention.
    Some ppl's perspective of it being "broken" does not change the fact that real money had been spent on an item that would not have been spent on, if it was not the way it is.

Already they have increased the cooldown of it's proc rate, and still the people who have it stayed quiet. I suppose this is within reason.
    Do not presume the silence will persevere with yet another "nerf" or removal altogether, without some sort of compensation.

So? How is this to be settled?

Lol.. they stay quiet because it is still extremely overpowered and they know it. That is why they do it.

The difference between these enchants and stacking crit or buying gear is that neither of those allow a complete **** to the game to spam an at will at somebody amd have them die in seconds. That is what these enchants do.

I do not care if they are nerfed, made to be unstackable, or removed from the game.

And why would people need to be compensated for taking advantage of an overpowered enchant? They already have had all the compensation they need by way of mindless glory farming without needing to have any skill whatsoever whether they had it before or not. Several of the clerics I fought with this setup are horrid players and do not even dodge, but yet they end matches with 20+ kills simply because of the enchants. Why would you compensate people for that?

Casualties happen when classes are balanced, this is no exception. Unless you are going to acknowledge and counter with " but people paid lots of money for that!" .....exactly.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    bitz06 wrote: »

Wrong. People who open lockboxes have a CHANCE to get one. The enchant itself is not even advertised. Do not even get me started about false advertising laws and how utterly useless they are.

I have no qualms about them recieving somethng in return if they were removedor the idea below about swapping it to weapon enchant sounds very good as well.

I think a 5% chance to deal 10% of your health in damage would work pretty well. In the weapon slot.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    piconsi wrote: »
    I think this is a very partial poll, 3 options with 2 of them "nerf or remove" and 1 stay as same, not option for improving it, or change the way it works. Obviously you only want to remove

I voted nerf actually but thank you for playing. Any "improvement" would still be a major nerf, as it should be. The poll is entirely objective with the caveat that every logical voter acknowledges that stacking normal/greater tenebrous is horribly overpowered.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    They will never be removed.

So many people paid **** loads of money on them and PWE wouldn't want to drive their "money spenders" away.

(btw, they arent that expensive on AH. A normal player can buy them. normal Vorpal enchantments are much more expensive than greater tenebrous ones )
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    pizzamurai wrote: »
    Lol.. they stay quiet because it is still extremely overpowered and they know it. That is why they do it.

The difference between these enchants and stacking crit or buying gear is that neither of those allow a complete **** to the game to spam an at will at somebody amd have them die in seconds. That is what these enchants do.

And why would people need to be compensated for taking advantage of an overpowered enchant? They already have had all the compensation they need by way of mindless glory farming without needing to have any skill whatsoever whether they had it before or not. Several of the clerics I fought with this setup are horrid players and do not even dodge, but yet they end matches with 20+ kills simply because of the enchants. Why would you compensate people for that?

Casualties happen when classes are balanced, this is no exception. Unless you are going to acknowledge and counter with " but people paid lots of money for that!" .....exactly.

I see where you stand on this.

Might i ask, when u said it is "overpowered" is there an official word on this? Same to everyone that is claiming they are "broken"
    is there any acknowledgement from the actual creators/developers on this?

If there is please show it to me. I will then stand corrected. Untill then, am i safe to say this was an intended feature in the game?
    Also, i agree it is definitely the best enchantment for an offense slot currently. Having said that. should the best enchantment come cheap or free?
    I'm not involved in game politics or what have you, but i believe that if something in the simple principle of "getting your money's worth"

In closing. For all of you calling for a further "nerf" or total removal. I'd say, think of ways to compensate players who already have these.
    If that is not on your mind, then i take it you are suggesting that the company just ignore and deal with the supreme real money lashback of players that have already paid money/invested time, and cater to those that have not/don't wish to spend/invest time.
    Lets see if that happens then.

Thank you for reading.
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    the whole premise that somehow you're being cheated cause these are "bought' holds no weight. Everything is bought in this game....or sold..You can earn AD through foundries...save that ad...buy zen..and then buy into the whole key rng.
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the whole premise that somehow you're being cheated cause these are "bought' holds no weight. Everything is bought in this game....or sold..You can earn AD through foundries...save that ad...buy zen..and then buy into the whole key rng.

hold the weight of THEEZ NUTS.

Lets see if PWI/Cryptics wants to HOLD THE WEIGHT of ALOT of ppl disputing, charging back, etc etc, just to please ya CRYBABIES k?

I wanna SEE them do that^^
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Tene is fine. Better nerf Irelia. I mean perma stealth rogues and sentinel GWFs.
  • Options
    eriqdravineriqdravin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So let me get this right.. you die in 3 sec to 750 dmg? Last time I check'd my math 3% of 25k HP = 750dmg/ Greater with a 10 sec internal cool down o.O !! I think you just sux.. don't blame a gem that actually is HORRIBLE unless you have HELLA HP!! just my 2 1/2 cent
    When I see somebody with 28k HP and 7 Gtreater Tene'z I pizz myself laugh'n... & proceed to whoop dat ***!
  • Options
    satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    piconsi wrote: »
    And is not disbalanced on PVP since it is posible for all characters to equip them, all have the same posibilities. If you prefer gear with other stuff it's again your problem.

Something being available to anyone doesn't mean it is auto balanced.
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Something being available to anyone doesn't mean it is auto balanced.

yea in a P2W game it basically does.
  • Options
    coglovercoglover Member Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    a greater tene is very hard and costy to get, just like Dark or Radiant enchantments rank 9, which people use in PVP aswell. a Greater tene will be alot cheaper than the rank 9 enchs, but it doesnt make it p2w to have full rank 9s or tenes, just make them hard to get, since thats what they are. your saying "only way". what do you even spend ur AD on which u get from selling DD gear or enchants, i bet if you have some rank 8 or 9 enchs u did not loot and fuse all those enchs urself, u bought some of them, just like we buy our tenebs.

Run CN couple times, loot nice loot, sell, u got 1 greater already. The downside of having tenes is that u cant have any other offense slot thing, such as armor pen, which is in some cases (GF etc.) even better than having tenes
  • Options
    discordinationdiscordination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    How are Tenebs pay-2win, yet your $200 epic weapon isn't? GTFO, another self-centered whine post.
    Essence of Aggression member
    Former 666th Devil Dogs Neverwinter Co-Commander
    16.6k BiS TR Flosstradamus
    15.8k BiS CW Veria Noying
    17.8 BiS GWF Carnage Asada
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Tene's should just be 1 per character like a weapon enchant like how its supposed to function. Then from there adjust it. As of now its so broken and you shouldn't be aloud to wear more then 1. I personally don't wear any cause its broken and won't succumb to being bad.
  • Options
    sh4dowrunn3rsh4dowrunn3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't think it's p2w at all(in long run) - but I do think pvp should be more about skill and not about 1-2 hitting enemies. So it's not about p2w, but about making pvp enjoyable - while you might like to kill people like this I'm sure you won't like it once everyone is doing it. Tenebs are only part of the problem... there is also perma stuns etc. but it would be a good start towards better pvp experience.
  • Options
    pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Pretty sure all these problems are fixed, as I have not played an unbalanced pvp match in weeks.

Actually, it has been a few weeks since I have seen any problems at all with this game. Everything seems perfect from my point of view.