test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When will rogues be nerfed in PvP??

Comments

• Options
    dgfdsdgsgh3dgfdsdgsgh3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    borgued3 wrote: »

You can get them uncloaked, just hit any control on them and the stealth will leak away like water on a rinser.

And really? CW has no AoE spells? Is that you on another account abom?

shield = AoE
    repel = AoE
    Chill Strike on mastery slot = AoE
    Ice Storm = AoE
    Oppressive Force = AoE
    Arcane Singularity = AoE
    Icy Terrain = AoE
    Steal Time = AoE
    Sudden Storm = AoE

In my opinion thats a lot of AoE right there mr, and i dont even know all of the CW skills nor have i player one extensivelly (stopped at lvl 20 to try a GF gameplay).

And shield useless in pvp? Well probably it is less than what it should be if you only have it for the aoe push effect (which is still very good), but i suppose the main purpose is soaking damage and that is the reason why i see every CW on 60+ pvp with a purple bubble around them, but i only guess thats the reason.

now please, go learn how to play the class before spouting nonsense on forums.

There is NO AoE spell that will reliably bring rogues from stealth, most are so slow to cast you have to be STUPID to get caught in them, the rest have very short range or so low damage rogues won't even notice it. And to add insult to injury some of those AoEs you just listed require a target to cast, yes a target, you can't target stealthed rogues.

And yes, shield IS useless in PvP, the only purpose of shield is to push enemies back around you but if you are in that kind of situation you are already dead anyway. Shield is NOT used to soak damage, it will soak some of first hit, so little it isn't even noticeable with current levels of damage people make.

The best way to play CW in PvP at the moment is to annoy opposition and make room for your melee teammates to smash them down. This is fun but will only last until that rogue gibs you down in a blink of eye. Or that GF decides to punt your *** to wall and you cannot do anything except watch your demise. Or that GWF manages to catch you and stunlocks your poor corpse to pieces. Even some clerics can rip you apart but atleast you have a chance to flee here.

CWs only work in PvP if constantly guarded by teammates, a lone CW is DEAD.
  • Options
    oregonizeoregonize Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OH BOY! Another one of these threads!! Complain about the nerfs and mods close your thread. Make the 5000th thread saying the same tired arguments about rogue being OP and the mods are nowhere to be found...lol.

Does every new person who makes one of these think they are saying something new that hasn't been argued, at length, in literally 100's of other threads?! Yawn. YOU ARE GETTING YOUR NERF! Please stop whining more.

ps. if you can't figure out how to counter rogue CC, rogue ranged and ITC...you really need to spend less time complaining and more time playing...I believe there was a fairly good rundown on how to do this in the 1st page of this thread...
  • Options
    thexavorythexavory Member Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    shunterino wrote: »
    Tenebrous enchants are the only really OP thing in this game. Get rid of them and a lot of this whining will disappear. But unfortunately they are a p2w item so unlikely to get nerfed. If people made a concerted effort to make Cryptic do something about tenebs I think it would balance pvp overnight.

If you spent the same amount of AD on high level enchants that you spend on Tene's, you would have a relatively equally powered character. Blaming tene's on PvP unbalance is just another example of people not understanding how PvP works at end game gearing levels.
  • Options
    getoneshotgetoneshot Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    oregonize wrote: »
    OH BOY! Another one of these threads!! Complain about the nerfs and mods close your thread. Make the 5000th thread saying the same tired arguments about rogue being OP and the mods are nowhere to be found...lol.

Does every new person who makes one of these think they are saying something new that hasn't been argued, at length, in literally 100's of other threads?! Yawn. YOU ARE GETTING YOUR NERF! Please stop whining more.

ps. if you can't figure out how to counter rogue CC, rogue ranged and ITC...you really need to spend less time complaining and more time playing...I believe there was a fairly good rundown on how to do this in the 1st page of this thread...

Yeah, this thread is full of stupid. Another QQ thread with the same baddies crying about the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Do you know why the mods allow these threads to be posted and the same whiners to keep whining? This is why:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?415871-Forum-trolls-allowed-to-whine-about-Rogues

There are mods that despise the Rogue class. As you can see from that thread, anyone who calls them out on it, gets permabanned, while the real trolls are allowed to keep doing what they do best.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    thexavory wrote: »
    If you spent the same amount of AD on high level enchants that you spend on Tene's, you would have a relatively equally powered character. Blaming tene's on PvP unbalance is just another example of people not understanding how PvP works at end game gearing levels.

Not really. Tene's bring the PvP game down and should be removed. If you want decent PvP is all. That's how me and my friends view it. No one in our guild uses bugged Tene's yes we think they are cheap and bugged go figure. Let me paint a picture for you in a Top end fight of bugged tene's. Ohh you got me your tene procced first good one. LOL. Talk about no skill and all the lame builds that have emerged around this enchant. Anytime you have builds being made around a single enchant guess what I think its time for it to be looked at. I will never use Tene's and if you want some real PvP don't bring Tene's to the table.

I think the best fix would be 1 Tene per character its a simple fix and we can move on and there would be some much better PvP matches and even on the high end of Premade vs Premade. I just don't want to be cheap rather make a real build of stat optimization then this flavor of the patch gimmick. Eventually they should go away though I mean especially if they ever take a look at PvP and add rankings they would have to be removed.
  • Options
    richarlesricharles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    1. CW's are best at CC? You might be jocking or talking about PVE. 2. Do you know, that 1vs1 TR can beat any CW by spamming CoS? Where's CW is the best at it?

You fail so bad at CW. stop playing one if you are too lazy to dodge.
  • Options
    seraphidseraphid Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    CC? I assume you must be talking about Impact Shot and Dazing Strike. Lemme explain for you

Impact Shot: 3 Charges +1 in Stealth. Animation is grossly easy to see, looks like throwing a baseball. I wouldnt call it a CC, more then it is a very very short stun if you will.

very short stun with 3-4 charges critting for 13k +, explain something more Dr.RogueDefender
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    seraphid wrote: »
    very short stun with 3-4 charges critting for 13k +, explain something more Dr.RogueDefender

You forgot to mention the BiS gear and vorpal it takes to crit for 13k, not to mention the pitiful range on it that one backwards dodge will negate
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    troljtrolj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    borgued3 wrote: »
    shield = AoE
    repel = AoE
    Chill Strike on mastery slot = AoE
    Ice Storm = AoE
    Oppressive Force = AoE
    Arcane Singularity = AoE
    Icy Terrain = AoE
    Steal Time = AoE
    Sudden Storm = AoE

Dgfdsdgsgh3 already replied for me and did a great job. CW as it is right now operate well behind someones back. Unlike other classes CW cant stand up to two players, every other class can, provided the player is skilled. Out of that seemingly long list of AoEs you mentioned, only icy terrain is viable but you ether need to sacrifice TAB for it to be good or other more useful skills in PvP since off tab it requires for you to up close and personal. And yes any CW that knows what they are doing will tell you, Shield is one of less useful skills for PvP. DC and CW have the short stick in PvP, they need a buff to be anywhere near viable. Maybe not outright buff for CWs but shortening the cast time of certain spells will go a long way.

P.s. in PvE just so you know its a AP battery among its other useful feats, if one could cast while moving it would be golden.
    (Edit) Dailies are not reliable AoEs, shame on you for mentioning them.
  • Options
    desstzodesstzo Member Posts: 77
    edited July 2013
    It is a shame that Rogues will get nerfed, they are so squishy and easy to beat.

I win around 83% of all combats with them and thats with a Cleric, the class that seems to be the weakest if you go by the boards.

Ah well
    -Desstzo
  • Options
    shanmastahshanmastah Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Gotta make my 1st post cuz why not!

1st of all i agree that something in TR need to be nerfed. Bait and switch or/and something probably would solve the case.
    I have only 1 TR character on my account and i love all tricks i can pull with it.

And here`s short story:
    I went into my friend account with CW (pvp set, lately i realised it has broken build).
    Then i went into pvp.
    Ofc, i died a lot in the beggining (even more considering that in 2 first matches my party partially left), because i have never ever touched CW ealier. But then i set skills (that rollin stone on opponents is over-awesome :D ) that i liked and went for another matches.
    Guess what, i could kill almost every player on the map 1v1 (TR included) EXCEPT Great Weapon Fighter. TR wasn`t a problem if it wasn`t 2v1. Neither DC,GF. CWs were a little tricky for me xD
    When i was taking 2nd point on map, there was usually 4v4 fight. I was holding off INSIDE conquered point for good 1-2 minutes, while rolling the stone all over GWF,GF and TRs. :D Almost 2 minutes guys! without leaving the circle and sometimes being at numer disadvantage! (and not like i wasn`t targeted, almost all time 2 ppl on me)

Then i had one minute fight 1v1 with GWF... he was on the floor every 4-5 sec and constantly hit by everything i had. And after i died he had 70%+ hp.

In 2 last matches i was 2nd and around 5th tho with most kills. About TR-s; I wasn`t even trying to run from them, I just slammed them into ground or freezed.
    And i was only hit ONCE with lashing blade in all matches. ONCE.

And another story!

My TR has good 10,5k gs with gg set. I focus on stealth feats and dmg stats.
    Last time i had 1v1 loooong fight with GWF (around 2 minutes i guess, at least 3 full rotations with 2 lurkers). Used all i had: lurker,impacts,shadow strikes, attacked with CoS and Sky F... And guess what. I was dead on the floor and GWF had FULL hp.
    I heard that was a defensive build, but wtf. I got complains about TR but something like this is okay on GWF? :D
    Maybe i should start complaing as TR and force em to nerf GWF now xD

Sorry if i failed at english here and there.

No need to respond, just wanted to share my thoughts.

PS: If you are a CW and can`t deal with TR-s... play some fighting game with 1-2 hits that kills. That`d teach ya how to friggin dodge and instantly prepare tactic :D No offense.
  • Options
    balthazoorbalthazoor Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I barely pvp on my rogue, I play it because it's my favourite class for any game but the lack of challenge is crappy for me, NERF MY TR!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    balthazoor wrote: »
    I barely pvp on my rogue, I play it because it's my favourite class for any game but the lack of challenge is crappy for me, NERF MY TR!!!!!!!!!

I guess it`s a troll, but i`ll give ya my advice.
    Play with screen turned upside-down. Tested. Amazingly challenging in other games.
  • Options
    trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited July 2013
    used my tr today at pvp (Daze strike / Deft strike / LB)
    managed to do 17 kills with pvp weapon and armor set with only green accessories definitely not OP
    and im not using LA(LA = LB KO)

i even managed to kill GWF(full HP) 1 v 1 and my hp is only 50%
    tip when fighting GWF (do not spam CoS or any at wills it will build their unstoppable bar)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    @trollgre

Your story doesn`t prove anything. Mine just proved that person who 1st time played CW can fight equally with TRs on lvl 60.
    1st, I agree that TR is too strong as i mentioned ealier.
    2nd, To properly prove how much is TR better than others we need statistics. Like 10 000 matches 1v1 with TR vs someone. Is it possible now? Hell no. We have 1 pvp mode that focus on taking points. And no class is better in that than invisible one. Make Team match/deathmatch/capture the flag etc etc, then we can talk about killing in pvp.

PS: Thx for tip, gotta check that later.
  • Options
    cdave78cdave78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I feel bad for the tr, I have never felt they were op yes they hit hard and if your caught of guard they make you pay but that's what they are supposed to do perma stealth is annoying but that's it like a fly buzzing around your face that you can't quit shoo away. I main a gwf and they seem a lot more OP to me I just don't understand all this tr hate.
  • Options
    dravkwndravkwn Member Posts: 88
    edited July 2013
    I tried TR class didn't like its style but I can appreciate its dps and I find the idea of nerfing them to be a very bad choice rather than rebalancing other mechanics that would better address the issues people have with them.
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Some good points and have you like disappeared. Just not seeing crush it in the PvP circle lately or could just be odds of not getting them in my games.

Most of the core crush it crews PvP'ers are on break. After getting our bloodthirsty (5k+ kills), winning countless premades, dozens of gauntlgrym victories.. We're pretty burned out. So yea the vast majority of the guild is inactive atm, and will be until module 1.

Still a few of our guys doing the odd pvp tho, so don't be too surprised if you run into a pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> tr, gf or gwf with our tag. Just won't be nearly as likely as it was when we had 15+ on at all times.

We're still about dominating pvp.. It's just most of felt that yea, we pretty "won" it. Hitting glory cap for the 95th time... The same 2 maps for the 10,000th time... just got too boring. Gauntlgrym always sucking due to not letting us go as a guild... If they mixed it up more, had actual pvp rankings and more to work towards, we'd be on it.

Plus even premades got too boring. Was pretty much: lemonade stand: Sometimes we win, often they use huge exploits we can't stop no matter how well either side plays, was never really much fair fights. Any other guild: Completely stomped with no challenge. Was no real middle ground for us. Even lemonade wanted us to merge with them so we could just stomp everyone cuz it was getting stale.

I declined. Crush It will remain on it's own, inactive for now, but module 1 well be there.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited August 2013
    shanmastah wrote: »
    @trollgre

Your story doesn`t prove anything. Mine just proved that person who 1st time played CW can fight equally with TRs on lvl 60.
    1st, I agree that TR is too strong as i mentioned ealier.
    2nd, To properly prove how much is TR better than others we need statistics. Like 10 000 matches 1v1 with TR vs someone. Is it possible now? Hell no. We have 1 pvp mode that focus on taking points. And no class is better in that than invisible one. Make Team match/deathmatch/capture the flag etc etc, then we can talk about killing in pvp.

PS: Thx for tip, gotta check that later.

it does prove that even without lurkers assault TR can still own at PVP
    my main is GF and i only lvl my TR to 60 then stopped using it
    im only using basic skills so lots of players are probably familiar with it and can dodge easily

and if you saw TR that used LA + CoS you will be like WTF?
    LA+CoS owns classes that has low defense(2k per dagger not including damage increase per stack) thats why lots of CW cry if theyre killed by LA+CoS+impossible to catch
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    trollgre wrote: »
    it does prove that even without lurkers assault TR can still own at PVP
    my main is GF and i only lvl my TR to 60 then stopped using it
    im only using basic skills so lots of players are probably familiar with it and can dodge easily

Okay so, great. You proved that TR can own. I didn`t thought that`d need proving. I said, to prove anything we should have STATISTICS. And i repeat again, cuz ya missed this part. STATISTICS. Numbers that shows what`s op and not. If you want me to prove it, get these 6000 TRs (different ones) and have them fight other classes 1v1. And without friggin points to take. Then give me numbers and i`ll agree or not with you.
    trollgre wrote: »
    and if you saw TR that used LA + CoS you will be like WTF?
    LA+CoS owns classes that has low defense(2k per dagger not including damage increase per stack) thats why lots of CW cry if theyre killed by LA+CoS+impossible to catch

I saw it. But hey, LA+CoS ain`t hardcore thing to evade man. The bigger problem is with LB in LA or Impact in LA. That kills and i know it. If you think LA+CoS is the checkmate, you srsly need to calm down in this situations and fool the TR. It may be that i played with TR too much so i know all the habits of this class, but hey! Noone refuse you to play with TR or look at the vids too right?
  • Options
    troljtrolj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited August 2013

I saw it. But hey, LA+CoS ain`t hardcore thing to evade man. The bigger problem is with LB in LA or Impact in LA. That kills and i know it. If you think LA+CoS is the checkmate, you srsly need to calm down in this situations and fool the TR. It may be that i played with TR too much so i know all the habits of this class, but hey! Noone refuse you to play with TR or look at the vids too right?

Stealth TR is broken beyond repair. I do not care about other rouge builds but stealth needs to be toned down. I mean when one can fire off skills with no fear of ever being seen, you know something is wrong. And no you can not trick something you can not see you will be out off dodges and half a hp bar down before they uncloak and few seconds later the loop begins again. That should not happen.
  • Options
    borgued3borgued3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    seraphid wrote: »

explaining more:

its only a stun when cast from stealth, so in another words, only 1 of the 4 charges stuns you, the rest just give a slight knockback and disrupt if it gets you midcast something. Also, the 13k crit, like every other absurdly high crits people like so much to bring to forums, isnt exclusive to rogues, any class can go for big numbers when they stack powerfull enchants.

Again people, if you really think rogue is OP, try playing one without a full stack of tenes/perf vorpals. The enchants are the OP thing that needs fixing, not the class.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    While i don`t agree with that TRs ain`t op. They are because stealth is.

But what they are nerfing is wrong. They should make stealth worse, not take it from TRs.
    For example:
    - make TR 50/75/100% visible when he`s attacking. Not reducing stealth.
    - make them 10-20% visible all the time.
    - make them spottable, if one`s lock on them.
    - etc etc

Why i`m against reducing stealth with each attack? Because how would you feel if:
    - you`d be a GF and each attack reduce your shield meter?
    - you`d be a CW and each 6th strike adds 1-2 sec to your cooldowns?
    - you`d be a GWF and attacking reduce your unstoppable?
    - you`d be a DC... wait it`s already considered weakest class, let`s leave them.

Weaking stealth WOULDN`T break builds/eq sets etc. It would make them worse, sure, but not break them completely.

The problem is, that the nerfs are based on ppl crying now. Not on number that show before/after ratio of winnings,usefullness.
    They already nerfed TRs once. Can i get any properly gathered information (numbers are best), how that changed the situation? Or it`s impossible? Because i guess that is.

Edit: Let me rage a bit. Who the hell is choosing what to nerf?! Blind hamster with stick in it`s mouth?!
  • Options
    revocainerevocaine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited August 2013
    I am more worried about getting stabbed out of nowhere for ~1.4x of my TOTAL health pool with my 2.5k defense AND Shield, than stealth and CC immunity.. wtf is up with that? Please don't come up with some stupid response saying 'hurr it can be dodged!' because not everyone here plays at less than 150 ping.
  • Options
    jadedlilithjadedlilith Member Posts: 40
    edited August 2013
    kallethen wrote: »
    I wish we could have the abilities be balanced one way for PvP and balanced separately for PvE. This way all these PvP cries for nerfing won't gimp my PvE game...

But I know that's never gonna happen.

Exactly. I don't PVP much (mostly for dailies, and DC sucks in PVP but I never had too much trouble TRs) but they ruining the PVE game because of the PVP.

I finally did get around to level up a TR, not perma-stealth admittingly, and it dies just as much as any other class it seems to me, though it definitely gets more kills and Glory than my poor DC. It mostly just seems to depend on gear. In T1 gear, can't 1v1 peeps in T2 gear no matter what. Even on equal footing I get CC-locked or 1-shot, esp by GWF and CW, sometimes by GF. Dcs just suck overall ofc (DC vs DC 1v1 is the most boring fight ever!). What's really funny though, is that I always dodge on my DC or CW, but I've seen so many that just stand there taking a full TR rotation to the face instead of dodging or CCing.
  • Options
    jadedlilithjadedlilith Member Posts: 40
    edited August 2013
    trolj wrote: »
    Stealth TR is broken beyond repair. I do not care about other rouge builds but stealth needs to be toned down. I mean when one can fire off skills with no fear of ever being seen, you know something is wrong. And no you can not trick something you can not see you will be out off dodges and half a hp bar down before they uncloak and few seconds later the loop begins again. That should not happen.

Um, you CAN see them when they get close. That's when you dodge, knock em back, throw a dot on them to eat stealth, etc.
  • Options
    jedakiahroperjedakiahroper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The only reason you complain about Rogues is there's so many of them. I've now played 3 classes and own with all 3 of them. Most balanced game I've ever played this early in it's development. Just stop sucking.
  • Options
    honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    revocaine wrote: »
    I am more worried about getting stabbed out of nowhere for ~1.4x of my TOTAL health pool with my 2.5k defense AND Shield, than stealth and CC immunity.. wtf is up with that? Please don't come up with some stupid response saying 'hurr it can be dodged!' because not everyone here plays at less than 150 ping.

What, you mean you don't think an Encounter ability should be able to one shot you? That's silly!
  • Options
    balthazoorbalthazoor Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I guess it`s a troll, but i`ll give ya my advice.
    Play with screen turned upside-down. Tested. Amazingly challenging in other games.

Funnily enough it's not a troll and good idea :D
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why i`m against reducing stealth with each attack? Because how would you feel if:
    - you`d be a GF and each attack reduce your shield meter?
    - you`d be a CW and each 6th strike adds 1-2 sec to your cooldowns?
    - you`d be a GWF and attacking reduce your unstoppable?
    - you`d be a DC... wait it`s already considered weakest class, let`s leave them.

- I'm sure the GF would take diminishing shield meter with each attack if they were allowed to attack while simultaneously blocking and in doing so his crit severity was increased by 25% among other nifty feats, oh and if he was untargetable from range.
    - give the CW the ability to be untargetable from range for a period of time while they free cast at wills and I'm sure they'd be down for these added CD's.
    - give the gwf's the ability to be untargetable from range and range at will... I'm sure some would be down for it.

If you're going to make these comparisons there needs to be some sort of even keel. To which there is none in regards to stealth.
    The problem is, that the nerfs are based on ppl crying now. Not on number that show before/after ratio of winnings,usefullness.
    They already nerfed TRs once. Can i get any properly gathered information (numbers are best), how that changed the situation? Or it`s impossible? Because i guess that is.

Edit: Let me rage a bit. Who the hell is choosing what to nerf?! Blind hamster with stick in it`s mouth?!

What proof do you have that these nerfs were brought on solely due to people crying and that the developers did absolutely no research or data mining to determine something needed to be done?