test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

just hit lvl 60 as a cleric.. getting single hit for 29k-30k

2»

Comments

• esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Well bugged enchants are bugged enchants. This game be better without them. Only fix I can see really. Or only allow 1 Tene per toon. Period /fixed

Sure cryptic will remove enchants that players had to pay real life money to get them. Since keys can only be purchased from the Zen store.

That will never happen. Game is fine, players just complain more than finding ways to adapt since complaining is much easier.
  • thexavorythexavory Member Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    Enchants have nothing to do with it. My CW has 30k HP(more than any rogue) and 7x Tene enchants as well. If I see a rogue out of stealth he is done. It's the fact that they can burn down my 30k HP before LEAVING stealth(and ITC) that is the issue.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    thexavory wrote: »
    Enchants have nothing to do with it. My CW has 30k HP(more than any rogue) and 7x Tene enchants as well. If I see a rogue out of stealth he is done. It's the fact that they can burn down my 30k HP before LEAVING stealth(and ITC) that is the issue.

Your Tenebrous's Necrotic damage goes through immunity.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    thexavory wrote: »

Bugged enchants to fight a bugged class. Bravo... /golf clap
    edited July 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    Sure cryptic will remove enchants that players had to pay real life money to get them. Since keys can only be purchased from the Zen store.

That will never happen. Game is fine, players just complain more than finding ways to adapt since complaining is much easier.

There is nothing to adapt too. I mean I guess everyone can run bugged Tene's then whoever tene proc first wins. You think that is fine? Nothing is fine about Tene enchants. Nothing. This game has a lot of potential to be rich and with a great combat system hate to see it go the way of bugged Tene's.

If they don't remove them and yes they can remove them because you can spend 1 Million dollars on this game but you actually don't own anything. All those bugged Tene enchants aren't your property they still belong to cryptic and it is up to them what they want to do with them. Everything that is paid for with cash is a pixel that you don't own and can be changed if they feel like it will better the game at any point. So it can happen, happens all the time in a lot of games we don't own our character our accounts or anything we just use them and have fun.

I think a logical fix that would be good instead of removing them would be to allow 1 Tene per character to be used and that is perfectly fair.
  • irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    foulsmell1 wrote: »
    new to the game, just hit lvl 60.. I play healers in mmo and do mostly pvp, so i'm used to getting targeted.

but something is wrong with this game. i'm getting hit for 29k to 30k in a single hit, and there doesn't seem to be a dam thing I can do about it.

is pvp in this game all about TRs and not much else? is there a place for healers in pvp? doesn't seem that way. no way I can heal thru that.

even went up against a TR with less then 1/4 health vs me at full health, and got smoked.

The devs dont care what you, what I, or ANYONE else has to say about DC's. They have had plenty of time to fix the class, but have refused. They buff GWFs and nerf TR's (which both needed to happen) but have IGNORED the one single class that has the WORST time in pvp.
    edited July 2013
    All the ish aside ... You can at least make me chuckle. :)

lol... :) /nod
  • killswitchengagkillswitchengag Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i played a hertic before this game in another one , and i can tell you that hertics are not meant for pvp only if they are there to heal
    yea i was a weak hertic back then , thats because BOI my previous game was highly greedy (no money no gain ) and hertics were so underpowered
    edited July 2013
    i played a hertic before this game in another one , and i can tell you that hertics are not meant for pvp only if they are there to heal
    yea i was a weak hertic back then , thats because BOI my previous game was highly greedy (no money no gain ) and hertics were so underpowered

Heretics in BOI could kite anyone while healing them selves with 30K AoE heals and 15k normal Heal :D. They counted on draining the target's mana and slowly depleting their HP to death.

And yah BOI was entirely pay 2 win... or make 20 alts and farm Lava Heights non stop. The game was so broken that you could solo instances (dungeons) with a party full of your alts for more rewards .. that's why it is completely a ghost game now .
  • roguenerfbatmanroguenerfbatman Banned Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    PvP Wise, you are wrong.

Scoundrel TRs with tenebrous can completely destroy CW and DC in PvP 1 vs 1 and they wont even have to go stealthed.

Sound like TRs need further balancing. Thank you for your first hand insights.
  • roguenerfbatmanroguenerfbatman Banned Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    irk2013 wrote: »
    The devs dont care what you, what I, or ANYONE else has to say about DC's. They have had plenty of time to fix the class, but have refused. They buff GWFs and nerf TR's (which both needed to happen) but have IGNORED the one single class that has the WORST time in pvp.

Its disapointing that they cant make changes in pvp that dont bleed over to PVE. Stacking AS did trivialise content but DC's just get hammered in PVP.

I feel for you.
  • whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Getting back to the original topic: you will not be able to survive the rogue, and probably not anyone else. Some folks don't want to admit that, without intervention from the developers, they were suckered into wasting time and money leveling a cleric. They make vague references to "doing okay" and talk about mystical builds that work if you play them just right. The truth is that you have mediocre DPS (single target burst, which is what matters in PvP), you by far have the least defenses, crowd control, and access to healing. Another way to think of it, is that you take more effective damage, hands down, that any other class. And PvP is all about burst damage.

People will move the argument to, "well, it's about TEAMS, this is an MMO not a single player game", which is total bullcrap since every class in this game (except the cleric) is designed around being viable solo and mostly self-sufficient. Except the cleric. The cleric needs a coordinated team to support it. Not to excel, but to be functional at all. No other class has his disadvantage. The biggest culprit is Righteousness, but by no means is it the only problem.

Slow spell animation times, laughable CC, and your main defense is a mediocre knockback that takes a 1/3 of your resource pool to get. In my opinion, you absolutely SHOULD be able to heal yourself through absurd damage. Because frankly, you're not going to be able to do anything else. All your personal abilities are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, you're more or less a player-controlled "companion" for the rest of your team. Your only effective strategy at this point is to try and buff other people so they can do damage for you. Frankly it's just not very fun.

I usually end up getting killed by a rogue from stealth in one or two hits -- and people talk about getting an instinct about knowing when to dodge? Haha, seriously? Someone is perma stealthed, how do magically know when to dodge? You don't. You just don't want to fess up and admit you were suckered into rolling the worst class in the game.

Oh, and if you DO decide to go all out gearing and speccing for PvP, and somehow manage to be "okay" at it, then hats off, you're a brilliant player and would FREAKING OWN as a rogue. But I should also remind you that you'll be worthless for any groups, so don't expect to be invited to any lucrative dungeon delve runs. Nope, you have to keep forking out the cash.

Give up the apologetics: "a PvP only build, I don't do PvE at all" and "oh it's about your TEAM being coordinate and helping you" and "if you're a superbly skilled player, and have better gear than your opponents, then you might be a mediocre PvP player" or "oh, it's so easy to spec a DC wrong." Face it: DC sucks. It needs to be fixed. A few exceptional cases of it working out for a few people doesn't mean the class isn't broken.
  • whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How do you see someone in stealth? I guess that's the "simple thing" I'm not quite getting.
  • utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How do you see someone in stealth? I guess that's the "simple thing" I'm not quite getting.
    When rogues in stealth are within your melee range, you will see their smoky forms and be able to target them.

If you have camera setting zoom out and turn on option to display player's name/title/guild, this will be even more obvious.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • webbotwebbot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    foulsmell1 wrote: »
    new to the game, just hit lvl 60.. I play healers in mmo and do mostly pvp, so i'm used to getting targeted.

but something is wrong with this game. i'm getting hit for 29k to 30k in a single hit, and there doesn't seem to be a dam thing I can do about it.

is pvp in this game all about TRs and not much else? is there a place for healers in pvp? doesn't seem that way. no way I can heal thru that.

even went up against a TR with less then 1/4 health vs me at full health, and got smoked.

Look up dctrl and message him if you are on dragon, he is a boss pvp cleric
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just leave it here.
    sw5x.jpg
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
    edited July 2013
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    I just leave it here.
    sw5x.jpg

Happens to everyone :( Some day though maybe it will be fixed
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Happens to everyone :( Some day though maybe it will be fixed

As soon as they apply LA nerf patch.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
    edited July 2013
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    As soon as they apply LA nerf patch.

Yea we can only hope that its enough of a fix to the broken rogues. There OP everything needs to be brought in line with other classes so I know all the DC's and CW's of the world can't wait. It will be a interesting patch and I have high expectations. We shall see though.
  • buttemsbuttems Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    PVP in this game is geared toward tr. you are hardly ever going to win against one as a cleric...the game is broken as hell. since when can a rogue stay invisible after almost killing you in any other game? not to mention they can silence you to which for some reason keeps you from doing ANYTHING including dodging which seems like a move that wouldn't require you to speek. anyone that tells you they saw a cleric own in pvp isn't 60 or is dumb. bottom line.
  • buttemsbuttems Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gear pvp is the stupidest form of pvp ever.
    edited July 2013
    buttems wrote: »
    PVP in this game is geared toward tr. you are hardly ever going to win against one as a cleric...the game is broken as hell. since when can a rogue stay invisible after almost killing you in any other game? not to mention they can silence you to which for some reason keeps you from doing ANYTHING including dodging which seems like a move that wouldn't require you to speek. anyone that tells you they saw a cleric own in pvp isn't 60 or is dumb. bottom line.

That's why rogue are broken and hopefully they are fixed after the next patch. They been driving enough players away for long enough and hope this game will flourish more without rogue exploit OP tactics.
  • xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    huckafour wrote: »
    when you see him behind you and do his animation, you dodge

yes, its that simple yet alot of people seem to have problems with the most simple things

It's not as simple as you wish. Lag plays in here. If you play with a 200 ping vs. someone with 20, you cannot dodge at all, because you already take damage at the time the server is getting your command. In this matter, Neverwinter is more like a shooter. No sense in playing shooter with a ping > 200 at all.

During my Q3 time, I left servers if my ping was higher then 20 :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    Still flaming me threw out the forums.. Isn't Huckafour a gentleman a real asset to the forums doing nothing but flaming.
  • foulsmell1foulsmell1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thx for all the replies.. some of them helpful, some of them not (obviously which ones were from TRs).. I quit my lvl 60 cleric, and i'm lvling a GF atm lvl 30. what a frigging difference I see in the low lvl pvp. i'm working from "envy's dps guardian" thread. hoping i'll be able to be a decent tank in pve at 60 as well.