test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

just hit lvl 60 as a cleric.. getting single hit for 29k-30k

foulsmell1foulsmell1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
new to the game, just hit lvl 60.. I play healers in mmo and do mostly pvp, so i'm used to getting targeted.

but something is wrong with this game. i'm getting hit for 29k to 30k in a single hit, and there doesn't seem to be a dam thing I can do about it.

is pvp in this game all about TRs and not much else? is there a place for healers in pvp? doesn't seem that way. no way I can heal thru that.

even went up against a TR with less then 1/4 health vs me at full health, and got smoked.
Post edited by foulsmell1 on

Comments

• aiausaiaus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've seen clerics own in pvp , you might look to another cleric for some pointers on staying a live.
  • brataccasbrataccas Member Posts: 57
    edited July 2013
    It's tough when you just hit 60 - you're seriously undergeared/specced for PvP as a Cleric.

You're going to need a T2 set, decent Symbol/Icon, some Rank 7 enchants and a skill/feats loadout that you're comfortable with (note: it'll be very different to what you run dungeons with) before you're able to stand your ground.

As alaus said, try and find some good PvP Clerics to learn from - the Cleric sub-forum is a good place to start.
  • evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    foulsmell1 wrote: »
    no way I can heal thru that.

Heal yourself with "Righteousness" (-40% healing effectiveness) through the burst damage? Not to mention that it also spoils our pots? Sounds like mission impossible. Besides, you probably ran into geared rogue with high-level enchants, so yes, I doubt you can do anything about it while he'll be showing off his "uber skills" on you. Gear up, buy enchants, and, probably, follow this guide http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?399611-GCTRL-s-DPS-BURST-CLERIC . Oh, and rogues are getting nerfed, so probably it'll be a bit better from now on!
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Oh, and rogues are getting nerfed, so probably it'll be a bit better from now on!

Because GFs knocks were never an issue. :D

A good cleric is a good cleric, no matter how many TRs / GFs are in your enemy team.

Ps. TRs can still hit you for 20-30k after the patch.
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Heal yourself with "Righteousness" (-40% healing effectiveness) through the burst damage? Not to mention that it also spoils our pots? Sounds like mission impossible. Besides, you probably ran into geared rogue with high-level enchants, so yes, I doubt you can do anything about it while he'll be showing off his "uber skills" on you. Gear up, buy enchants, and, probably, follow this guide http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?399611-GCTRL-s-DPS-BURST-CLERIC . Oh, and rogues are getting nerfed, so probably it'll be a bit better from now on!

Spoils our pots? Ummm what on earth are you talking about?
  • foulsmell1foulsmell1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    follow this guide http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?399611-GCTRL-s-DPS-BURST-CLERIC . Oh, and rogues are getting nerfed, so probably it'll be a bit better from now on!

so damage cleric is the only solid way to go? healing cleric not so much?
    edited July 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    Spoils our pots? Ummm what on earth are you talking about?

If I'm not mistaken, there was a fix in one patch after which righteousness affects pot use, but I could be wrong, sure.

If you have a constant group of players who are somewhat aware of what's going on on the arena, your team will help you out, while you will heal them in return and mitigate damage. But if you're running with PUGs, you are more likely to enjoy the company of morons people who won't help you and won't even bother to res you. So in this case you should be able to fight on your own, obviously.
    edited July 2013

No - it's not the only way to go but you're going to need to be able to defend yourself too - maybe not score dozens of kills, but you need to heal yourself, your team-mates, be able to take those 20k hits and survive and do enough damage to finish enemies off or get them to back down.

A hybrid healer PvE/PvP spec is perfectly workable but you'll be a jack-of-all-trades and master of none (and for a Cleric, that's fine).
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    new to the game, just hit lvl 60.

You are playing vs. players with 20+ days /played. This is why you are being destroyed in PvP.

It's like this in any other MMO with PvP when you just hit 60 expect to be destroyed in PvP.
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If I'm not mistaken, there was a fix in one patch after which righteousness affects pot use, but I could be wrong, sure.

I think you are confusing someone's sarcastic joke with actual patch notes. If this had happened there would have been even more uproar from the dc community.
  • xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    new to the game, just hit lvl 60.. I play healers in mmo and do mostly pvp, so i'm used to getting targeted.

but something is wrong with this game. i'm getting hit for 29k to 30k in a single hit, and there doesn't seem to be a dam thing I can do about it.

is pvp in this game all about TRs and not much else? is there a place for healers in pvp? doesn't seem that way. no way I can heal thru that.

even went up against a TR with less then 1/4 health vs me at full health, and got smoked.

Welcome to the world of Neverwinter, were harbinger of the allmighty gods are so weak, you need at least 2 of them to be able to defend against one dirty scroundrel.

As you did choose your career path "leader" you has chosen to lead yourself to a great destiny ... in death. Clerics in Neverwinter are more like suicidal half-crazy preacher, who have the tendency for flagellation.

Jokes aside.

Healing clerics are currently the weakest class in PvP. To die not instantly if someone throw you a bad look, you want a gear score of at least 10000. You need to have an optimal build (it is very easy to put feat points wrong for clerics).

You might think because you wear a shiny armor, you could somehow withstand damage. That's wrong. You might also think, because you can heal, you could somehow outlast at least tanks (not the primary damage dealer) by your heals. That is wrong.

You need learn how to dodge and to kite. If you do not dodge and kite, you will be dead soon. I did mention already that the cleric is the worst kiter in game, didn't I?

If you manage to stay alive and lead your group to victory, by throwing astral shield, healing word, buffing them by sun burst or protect them by divine armor ... yeah .. then you can enjoy the hard labour of your work having the lowest score on the board, because everything that counts in Neverwinter PvP is to leech as much kills as you can and to senselessly capture a single node with 5 people to get your capture bonus of +300 glory.

Realy, if you want to be tanky and heal ... play a GWF or GF. GFs can protect them self better than any cleric and GWFs can heal them self for more than a cleric. And why bother with heal other, when anyone else in your group is a GWF of a GF, too?

Currently, the healing cleric is only usefull in dungeons so the group don't have to waste so much potions. And for some reasons there is sometimes still the need for CWs and TRs, which are not self-sufficient and rely on your protection. Imho this needs to be changed soon, so everyone can enjoy dungeons with fighter only groups /sarcasm off
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    You are playing vs. players with 20+ days /played. This is why you are being destroyed in PvP.

It's like this in any other MMO with PvP when you just hit 60 expect to be destroyed in PvP.

so how many days played will I need to be able to survive a 30k+ single hit?
    edited July 2013
    so how many days played will I need to be able to survive a 30k+ single hit?

As many as it takes to gain T2 gear, Rank 7+ Enchants and the instincts to dodge a stealthed Lashing Blade :/
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I've you've just hit 60, welcome to hell. Most of us geared up to at least 11K GS about a month ago, and our damage is going to be through the roof in comparison to what you're used to. Keep in mind, at lower levels, everyone is essentially where you are, but when you hit 60, there are tons of people playing who are more like level 70 or 80 based on how well they play and how well-geared they are.
  • dcoy1dcoy1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This, along with the rough leveling is why DC are so tough to find.
    edited July 2013
    dcoy1 wrote: »
    This, along with the rough leveling is why DC are so tough to find.

I didn't find lvling too bad.. but I also had nothing to compare it with since its my only toon. didn't mind pvp while lvling up either.
  • xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I found leveling also not very tough. In fact the cleric is not bad as burst AE damage dealer. He just sucks in his leader role :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Tr's are bugged and getting fixed after the next patch. Also there is a big adjustment when you just hit 60 so hang in there it will get better as you gear and get enchants. Not to mention upcoming changes are all good.
    edited July 2013
    huckafour wrote: »
    now abomb brings his nonsense here too...anyway, what he says is plain wrong
    Also there is a big adjustment when you just hit 60 so hang in there it will get better as you gear and get enchants. Not to mention upcoming changes are all good.
    youre new to lvl60 so you are poorly geared for your level...others have rank7+ enchants and full T2 gear, so its just logical that they kill you easily, no matter their class

just gear yourself up

Plain wrong, eh? So you're intentionally repeating the wrong stuff to mislead the newbie? :D
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    havnt read this, im guessing there are a ton of people (probably TRs cause hes complaining about it) saying L2P. A few people offering encouragement and offering help and then a few other talking about other classes like GWF/GF are OP and/or about tene enchants?

How did I know? Because thats everythread online nowadays...

Oh yeah, and maybe 1-2 posts about how TR is pointless now after TR patch nerf coming...

howd I do?
  • roguenerfbatmanroguenerfbatman Banned Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    Because GFs knocks were never an issue. :D

A good cleric is a good cleric, no matter how many TRs / GFs are in your enemy team.

Ps. TRs can still hit you for 20-30k after the patch.

Another rogue pulls out the lrn2play card. Seriously you forum rogues are one trick ponies. They need to swing the nerfbat harder at you.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Another rogue pulls out the lrn2play card. Seriously you forum rogues are one trick ponies. They need to swing the nerfbat harder at you.

Lol that's a first ! a guy making new account to hunt the rogue players on forums ( look at his name rofl) ... sounds like an obsessed nerd raging over a video game.

Get a life mate.
  • temjiutemjiu Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Emphasis mine. thats your problem. PvP in this game is broke. don't play this game for PvP.
  • ghostravynghostravyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 59
    edited July 2013
    temjiu wrote: »
    Emphasis mine. thats your problem. PvP in this game is broke. don't play this game for PvP.
    I'm going to disagree with the above.

I've never had my *** kicked so hard, nor loved PVP so much, as I have in this game. We call this game broke because we only see it from our WOW-based vision. Jack Emmert has been saying he's been trying to break the standard Tank/Heals/DPS mix for a very long time, so when I see that our character class doesn't match heals in other games I understand why. I think the biggest problem with our character is that we need more defense. Somewhere in here our stats should provide us a better buffer against damage, but we don't have it. I don't understand why I need a threat reducer in both feats and powers, and one of those should have been converted to a defensive buff instead. Or maybe a tweak to Righteousness so that I gain a defense bonus even though I lose self-heals. But I do watch other clerics who do very well in PVP, and it makes me feel bad about myself.

PVP like a whimp. Go for the long shots. Try to get angles where you only see one enemy player. Set your /gfxSetDefaultFOV to 75 so that you can see more behind you for when the rogue decides to bronco-bust you. Your damage is going to be all hinged on dailies at the start so you will get in a good shot and then run like a chicken to a new spot. Never stop moving. Shoot, then unass the AO and find a new shooting spot from a ledge or something. Forget about heals - I don't even bother with them any more. The party doesn't even try to protect me from the enemy and will let everyone gang on me while they all focus on a target, so I no longer feel a need to protect them.
    Corrupted Souls, Mindflayer server
    uKc2R.gif
  • troljtrolj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited July 2013

Get T2 gear is all i can say. And yes this game is about gear, the build you will follow dose not really matter. Just the skill set up.
    edited July 2013
    now abomb brings his nonsense here too...anyway, what he says is plain wrong
    the pvp aspect of rogues isnt changed at all but that also not needed according to him since he says they are balanced...but that doesnt belong in here, for that there are already enough other threads

back on topic:
    youre new to lvl60 so you are poorly geared for your level...others have rank7+ enchants and full T2 gear, so its just logical that they kill you easily, no matter their class

just gear yourself up, understand the full mechanics and potential of your class and the mechanics of the other classes and you wont be such an easy prey anymore

I was right on topic. After TR's get fixed next patch DC, CW's wont have as difficult of a time since the rogue class will finally be closer to balanced.
    edited July 2013
    i was refering to the pvp aspect of rogues, basicly the rest of his post you snipped away

but that gets clear when you read the part of my post you also snipped away

Basically Huckafour and Huckafive. follows me around and comments on my post because of his huge crush on me and is my biggest fan. :) I am honored.
  • bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Basically Huckafour and Huckafive. follows me around and comments on my post because of his huge crush on me and is my biggest fan. :) I am honored.

All the ish aside ... You can at least make me chuckle. :)
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
    edited July 2013
    I was right on topic. After TR's get fixed next patch DC, CW's wont have as difficult of a time since the rogue class will finally be closer to balanced.

PvP Wise, you are wrong.

Scoundrel TRs with tenebrous can completely destroy CW and DC in PvP 1 vs 1 and they wont even have to go stealthed.
    edited July 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    PvP Wise, you are wrong.

Scoundrel TRs with tenebrous can completely destroy CW and DC in PvP 1 vs 1 and they wont even have to go stealthed.

Well bugged enchants are bugged enchants. This game be better without them. Only fix I can see really. Or only allow 1 Tene per toon. Period /fixed