Install Arc
Options

Cryptic Stop with the nerfing

Comments

• Options
    knarsistknarsist Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    nikitaoz wrote: »
    So, everyone, roll GWF and you will always have a warm spot in any group..

Except that the PvP folks have already moved on to asking for GWF nerfs, so that won't last long.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Tell me how that shift helps a GWF who doesn't dodge while sprinting. Oh yea, I have a
    fully tank spec GWF with 47% damage resist and 32% deflection. A three hit rotation from a geared
    GF does 3/4 of my bar (1/2 if Im lucky), despite that resistance. Don't get me wrong,
    its not the majority of them, its the PvP specced GFs with the right setups and gear.

Explain to me how I can avoid that. Im willing to learn.

Your shift lets you run doesnt it? Or is your shift key broken?
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    what the devs need to do is nerf enchantments not classes none of these classes are OP untill lvl 60 and they put all these god **** Tene enchants in. even the perma stealth rogue build lost alot of damage to be able to stay stealthed but make it up by stacking tene enchants.
  • Options
    archomentalarchomental Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Ok let me make sure Im learning! So I use my run to just avoid the fight, right? Because if you
    are doing that in melee range and avoiding the stun lock x3, I would love to learn more!
  • Options
    alaerickalaerick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Just an FYI. GWF Shift does not dodge, block or evade anything. If a GWF doesn't have unstoppable running they are CC fodder.
    A beautiful death awaits you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
    Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
  • Options
    uri92uri92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Funny. You people did not whine that much when the nerfhammer hit the other classes. I remember many rogues rejoiced for that Astral Shield nerf.
    But now it comes to rogue's turn...

You will just have to adapt. The rogue is too OP atm.

But as a Rogue player, I really think that instead of nerfing Lurker Assault that much, they should have only halved it and nerfed Lashing Blade like -15%. Would avoid most Oneshot..
    But well the devs know what they are doing. If they're going to nerf the rogue, there is a good reason.

Conq GF and Sentinel GWF might follow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - DRAGON - ( Mehrea DC 13.1k ) - ( Volsung TR 11.7k )
  • Options
    ozhozh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have become level60 on my Trickster rouge and started doing PvP. WoW! What a difference gear makes! Some people are either obliterating everything or walking around without dying even 1. Whereas some people are trying to put a dent but are getting stomped!
    That and the Guardian class being an uber tanky totally ruins PvP, which for me as all that matters now that there is nothing else to do other than killing stupid PvE stuff.
    Leveling fast was a really nice experience in this game. Unlike some others, the curve was flat and I could level day by day without much grind.
    But class balance and gears are a DISASTER!!!
    I have no option but to quit. So disappointed.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Really? 1 lvl 60 char? People shouldn't even have opinions about pvp balance until they've ATLEAST played half the classes in 60 pvp. Of course pre 60 pvp is balanced, lvl a cleric to 60 > pvp then come back, I bet you have a different story. lol
    I concur with this opinion. :)

url-19.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    milkbonedogmilkbonedog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    uri92 wrote: »
    But as a Rogue player, I really think that instead of nerfing Lurker Assault that much, they should have only halved it and nerfed Lashing Blade like -15%. Would avoid most Oneshot..

That one shot kill just became even more of a reality with the change to lurker's. A TR who can build AP quick in PVP is going to get a lot of kills. Stealth makes Lashing blade a automatic critical hit and lurkers makes sure that the damage is even higher than before. If their daily is ready a Lashing blade strike with Lurker's will kill most players. If they survive they won't have much HP left. My rogue has decent gear (not BIS) with only rank 7 enchants and always crits for at least 20k with lurkers. I have hit for over 26k but that is very dependent the buffs.
  • Options
    draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2013
    Currently clerics are the worst PvP class. We're talking on a singular basis here... not plural. Don't come in here and say, "The cleric class is fine in PvP when they're teamed up". That argument carries no weight. Period. For a class to be considered PvP viable it must be able to solo PvP. Clerics sure can heal themselves but the minute Astral Shield is no longer up/isn't available... the cleric is goners. Furthermore, the Clerics DPS rate pales in comparison to most other classes (in fact all other classes).
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    draemorin wrote: »
    Currently clerics are the worst PvP class. We're talking on a singular basis here... not plural. Don't come in here and say, "The cleric class is fine in PvP when they're teamed up". That argument carries no weight. Period. For a class to be considered PvP viable it must be able to solo PvP. Clerics sure can heal themselves but the minute Astral Shield is no longer up/isn't available... the cleric is goners. Furthermore, the Clerics DPS rate pales in comparison to most other classes (in fact all other classes).

I consider myself a pretty good pvper and I have some decent gear. Just a few days ago I was in a match against a very talented cleric that I could NOT 1v1. As soon as I got her down around 5% health she would shoot back up to 30-40% health. Very frustrating because I've never faced a cleric that was this much work to take down. Don't get me wrong, this is not a complaint. It is an encouragement that there is a way to survive 1v1 against a talented rogue. Sure they might need certain gear to accomplish this but it can be done.
  • Options
    brataccasbrataccas Member Posts: 57
    edited July 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    As soon as I got her down around 5% health she would shoot back up to 30-40% health. Very frustrating because I've never faced a cleric that was this much work to take down.

We do have our moments :) Holy Resolve, Prophetic Action, a good Defence score and Soulforged can make a Cleric's life in PvP a lot easier. That said, it really depends on who you're teamed with - if they're capable and watching your back, a Cleric *can* be (almost) unstoppable in PvP - but getting the build and the tactics right takes time and practice - and if your team aren't supporting you, you'll still die in seconds.

Righteousness doesn't bother me too much any more in PvP since honestly, if I healed myself 40% more I'm pretty sure there'd be people calling for another Cleric nerf - I do wish we'd gotten some CC resist in exchange though - it's the one thing we're really susceptible too...
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    I've played neverwinter for well over 3 months and I've played every class at least up to level 30. I've gotten a TR up to level 60 and a GWF up to level 56. I have played PvP Time after time and not once have I ever had a problem with balancing classes. Not once did I see something I thought to be broken regarding classes. I've always been able to kill and be killed, and win and loose. It never mattered what class I played, even if it was DC, I've always won or lost. Nerfing any class in any way is a terrible idea. I am 100% content with the abilities of every class in PvP and PvE.

Please don't consider the pleads of criers who are clearly terrible in pvp and don't know they're classes purpose in pvp. They try to hard, lose, and then come straight to the forums and complain.

And as for perma stealth TR's, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmLRTVYgEq4 , that is all.

TRs are over powered, broken stealth game mechanic, etc why SHOULD THEN NOT be nerfed? If you want to play an OP class go reroll a GWF and then complain when they get nerfed in the future.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

+1

DC gets no PvP score from healing. DC damage is the WORST of all classes. DC can't heal themselves. DC can't 1v1 ANY CLASS.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Really? 1 lvl 60 char? People shouldn't even have opinions about pvp balance until they've ATLEAST played half the classes in 60 pvp. Of course pre 60 pvp is balanced, lvl a cleric to 60 > pvp then come back, I bet you have a different story. lol

This actually shows that the classes are well balanced and that the issue with pvp at level cap is related to other issues. Also I am not sure why you would say "of course pre 60 pvp is balanced"; it is amazing that the game has such balanced classes not a matter of course by any means.

I just refuse to play pvp at level cap any more because it is broken, nerfing classes is not fixing the problem. I can have amazing quite well balanced pvp below cap most of the time, apart from the leavers of course.
  • Options
    webbotwebbot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?399611-GCTRL-s-DPS-BURST-CLERIC
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If DC just plays their role in PvP and heals their teammates they are amazingly effective. No you aren't going to have many points or kills/assists but a good DC can be the difference between losing and winning.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    megabunny wrote: »
    What devs need to do is stop nerfing classes, and start buffing the ones that aren't up to par *Cough GWF Cough*.

They also need to find a way to make PVE and PVP balances separated somehow.

A novel idea. Ill take a buff passive that makes me immune to damage from stealth. Sounds fair.
  • Options
    brataccasbrataccas Member Posts: 57
    edited July 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    DC can't 1v1 ANY CLASS.

Whilst I agree that I'd like to see Clerics get a buff (CC resist please), that statement simply isn't true - I've 1v1'ed TR's, CW's and other DC's many times and won - if they're low geared/skilled then they're easy kills, the 'average' TR/CW is dead in a 1v1 with me - top tier players? Yeah, I'm probably going to die.

But Clerics shouldn't be fighting 1v1 - we're much, much more powerful in a capable team - if I get lucky when I'm PuGing and I get put in such a team then I'll usually finish 2nd or 3rd in points (a few kills, some caps and top in Kill Assists).

Where the discrepancy lies I think is that Clerics *have to* be tricked out in T2 and Rank 7+ Enchants before they can even 'learn 2 play' PvP - if you don't have that gear then your survivability is so low that you're never going to get a chance to refine your skills and that seems wrong to me since all other classes can do their jobs moderately well with less need for top-tier gear.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    A novel idea. Ill take a buff passive that makes me immune to damage from stealth. Sounds fair.

Lol you seriously have TR perma-stealth on the brain 24/7 don't you? the post you quoted has nothing to do with TR and this thread has been discussing DC's. Did you get manhandled by a TR in every PvP while leveling up or something?
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    aspanectaspanect Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    Also, what (Magical Games) are you trying to allude to that have a decent balance between pvp/pve? I am curious, just from reading the forum boards for the MMO'S I've played it would seem to not be the case. Just as it's been in World of Warcraft for almost 9 years and as it is now in Neverwinter.

I can't place Diablo 3 up there because we all know Blizzard took a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the idea of pvp in that game. I never got into pvp that much in Rift, and I never touched pvp in DDO.

First of all. PNP ad&d is perfectly balanced. if they would have followed the rulesets that have been refined since 1979, this game would be perfectly balanced as well.

Second. Asherons Call is balanced. PVP is 100% about ur skill driving your char...
    Third NEverwinter Nights on AOL was sort of balanced. no melee pvp at all. as that was the birthplace of pvp as an accident, someone realized that area effect spells hurt other players, and poof, pvp.

but to answer ur question. Asherons Call has perfectly balanced PVP/PVE Every class is just as viable in both if u have the manual dexterity to drive them...

just sayin, they are not magical. they do exist. just ot in the PWI world
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    megabunny wrote: »
    What devs need to do is stop nerfing classes, and start buffing the ones that aren't up to par *Cough GWF Cough*.

They also need to find a way to make PVE and PVP balances separated somehow.

they should be buffing the PVE in game opponents so that there won't be such a drastic difference between boss and non-boss fights... it simply is ridiculous that you can run all non-boss fights in dungeons without taking hardly any damage and then you get to boss fights and there is simply no way you could ever come close to winning (this indicates the game needs worked upon, not the characters)
  • Options
    maggalberrymaggalberry Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    they should be buffing the PVE in game opponents so that there won't be such a drastic difference between boss and non-boss fights... it simply is ridiculous that you can run all non-boss fights in dungeons without taking hardly any damage and then you get to boss fights and there is simply no way you could ever come close to winning (this indicates the game needs worked upon, not the characters)

Or you can run with a group that knows how to play. If you truly feel that boss fights are too hard, it really is only a matter of knowing how to play your character, and getting a group of people that communicate and know how to play their characters.

Don't turn this into WoW with the "These dungeons are too haaaaardddddd, Cryptic! Nerf them so we can stomp all of them with no contest! All I want is purples for freeeeeee!".
  • Options
    chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    60 gwf gf and cw. All top charts regularly. Player not the class.
    INB4, INB4
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    chabowbies wrote: »
    60 gwf gf and cw. All top charts regularly. Player not the class.

Not exactly. CW tops charts on maps where they can pitch mobs of cliffs. They get credit for all the health left on the mob when it dies.

GWF should be the clear cut number 1 in DPS when there is no cliffs and tons of adds.

Single target is the TRs domain. Nobody can dump damage on a single target like a TR.

Problem is the TR does so much damage that they can exceed the damage output of an AOE class.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Lol you seriously have TR perma-stealth on the brain 24/7 don't you? the post you quoted has nothing to do with TR and this thread has been discussing DC's. Did you get manhandled by a TR in every PvP while leveling up or something?

No I just want good mechanics in the game and less gimmick classes that bring the game down. I am the chairperson for fixing bugged rogues and listen to the people they have spoken.

I also think I should have a immunity bubble like a holy pally in WoW that last for 8 secs I can pop as tank that's needed for a buff thx.

Abomb leading the fight against broken rogues since beta :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Not exactly. CW tops charts on maps where they can pitch mobs of cliffs. They get credit for all the health left on the mob when it dies.

GWF should be the clear cut number 1 in DPS when there is no cliffs and tons of adds.

Single target is the TRs domain. Nobody can dump damage on a single target like a TR.

Problem is the TR does so much damage that they can exceed the damage output of an AOE class.

A CW in a legit run where nothing is pushed off the ledge will be just above the cleric in Dps holding the dead last spot in dps.
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A CW in a legit run where nothing is pushed off the ledge will be just above the cleric in Dps holding the dead last spot in dps.

LOL. You really need to change your name man from abomb to Amoron. It is obvious you know nothing or your experience of the game is severely lacking. Anyone who actually knows would see your above comment and laugh then wonder, "Is this guy a troll or just an idiot?"
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    LOL. You really need to change your name man from abomb to Amoron. It is obvious you know nothing or your experience of the game is severely lacking. Anyone who actually knows would see your above comment and laugh then wonder, "Is this guy a troll or just an idiot?"

Aside from flames and adding nothing to disprove what I said. How you figure. Every run I am in a CW is last to the DC so its what I see. Not only that they really are used for there pushed off ledges tactics if they can't do that you will see the real numbers of how they greatly underperform compared to rogues and even GWF. Not to mention doubt they will beat a decent GF tanking in Dps either. Sure there are some great CW's out there and any top player in any class can post some great numbers. As a whole though. CW isn't great in the Dps department not only that they aren't supposed to be its in the name. Control Wizard.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    ^^ Control Wizards do decent damage when running for damage and not control.

Then again it has been pointed out...class name: CONTROL Wizard.