test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GFW is almost unkillable once mastered.

nagrukknagrukk Member Posts: 26 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I play one, and it needs a nerf. IT is stupid that I can hold 4 plp equally geared in one base, and they are not able to kill me at all, here and there I have to run and pot, but 10 seconds later Im back on those 4. It is game breaking, way more than perma stealth TR.

Nerf it now please. It is not fun when I do it, and it is uber annoying when Im on any of my other toons.
Post edited by nagrukk on

Comments

• Options
    knarsistknarsist Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    Careful. They might fix the problem by replacing all of your encounter slots with fireworks, or turn you into a purple bunny rabbit as soon as you take damage. There's no telling.
  • Options
    templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Don't use Unstoppable so much if you hate staying a live, Don't run away don't pot simple stay and fight until you die, you WILL die eventually unless you're just fighting a bunch of morons who don't know how to kill GWFs
  • Options
    thesaminator1thesaminator1 Member Posts: 36
    edited July 2013
    Naw man thats not the problem, the problem is TR's are always in stealth and not helping. They should just completely remove stealth and that would make everything better.
  • Options
    zgsylarzgsylar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    People complained about TR's, they are nefing them, now people will move on GWF's, they are next.
  • Options
    endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    No ones backing off til its gone then rotation stunning /knocking? That will mess up PvE if changed. Just make 10 sec in PvP zones before it starts re building. They should have a piece a gear required for PvP that caps certain stats or eliminates or buff em on all classes. Then just change that. Say a neckpieces. Its required for PvP and useless outside s PvP zone. It would also shows you PvP. I suggest a skull or several. Thats the idea of PvP gear in the first place.
    Please developers if you have the time do it. Then later they could have an open world zone they could try and use that gear as it could also flag them for PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    OP is not a GWF unless proven otherwise.
    PvP gameplay video plox.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Got to say, as a GWF player myself, that I have to disagree. It may be true that a Bleeding Edge GWF with Bleeding Edge gear played by a Bleeding Edge player CAN be unkillable IF your opponents don't know how to manage Unstoppable. But for people who DO know how to manage Unstoppable, then a GWF is a One-Trick-Pony who is no more difficult to take down than anyone else. And as to the vast majority of us who are just not playing at that level, who do not spend all our time running Epic Dungeons and doing high end PVP, then GWF are not any more powerful than any other class.
    So PLEASE Cryptic, do not ruin the fun of the overwhelming majority of your GWF players because of a small minority who have tweaked the class into near omnipotence by spending either vast amounts of Time or Money. They can do the same to ANY class if they put enough time/effort into it.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why do I suspect that the OP is a TR fanboyz?
  • Options
    shaalshaal Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I dont play a gwf and this thread is soooooo silly. Why the hell are u peeps always whining and calling nerf ? TR , then gwf , then GF ? Then after some freaking nerfs , CW , DC , then TR again ... , the future next class ?
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you have difficulty fighting a GWF and unable to kill them. (even struggling with 4 people) You are doing something incredibly wrong. (and getting 4 people to kill one person is just madness on your part as well )

I've played every class except DC extensively. And I can tell you right now. All this is, is a call to nerf ANOTHER class because people are fighting said class in the wrong way. You cannot fight a GWF the same way you fight a rogue, just like you cant fight a GF the same way you fight a GWF.

@OP: If you truly are a GWF, you would be able to tell this just how your enemies approach you.
    Calling for a nerf for your own class because your opponents try to fight you in the wrong ways is just calling for more SIMPLE pvp combat approach.

This goes along similarly with Perma Stealth rogues. Though I agree the Lurker's Assault grants a bit too much of a damage boost.
    The fact of the matter is, fighting a Perma Stealth rogue requires a DIFFERENT approach than fighting ordinary rogues. And every class can achieve this, where the most difficulty would obviously be DC in doing so but still can.

At this rate, any class or class build that requires a different approach rather than full frontal assault is going to get nerfed. And all that will make is overly simple Pvp experience. Which all these complaints are spewing from.

And most of this comes from level 60 pvp experience. These issues are very less relevant at level 59 and below. And is admittedly more balance.

The issue in level 60 pvp. is that all skills are vamped up to deal greater damage to enemies with health much greater than thier own.
  • Options
    tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    knarsist wrote: »
    Careful. They might fix the problem by replacing all of your encounter slots with fireworks, or turn you into a purple bunny rabbit as soon as you take damage. There's no telling.
    We already have one DC class, no need for a second.
  • Options
    irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nagrukk wrote: »
    I play one, and it needs a nerf. IT is stupid that I can hold 4 plp equally geared in one base, and they are not able to kill me at all, here and there I have to run and pot, but 10 seconds later Im back on those 4. It is game breaking, way more than perma stealth TR.

Nerf it now please. It is not fun when I do it, and it is uber annoying when Im on any of my other toons.

Yet ya cant kill any of them and 4v1 WILL change the node to the team with 4 people on it. 1v1 we win hands down most of the time, 2v1 depends on gear and skill 3v1 & 4v1 you might be able to survive for awhile but you not gonna kill many people.

Also if 4v1 can't kill a GWF they don't know how to interrupt at key moments and don't know how to pvp.
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Kindly give us your character name to check on gateway. Thanks.

When mastered, well played GFs and even DCs can stay up for a long time vs multiple players. Nerf GFs and DCs too!
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    Kindly give us your character name to check on gateway. Thanks.
    Btbdv.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I wouldn't throw the term "nerf" around lightly. And again, why the hell do people think they can come on these forums and "demand" things as though their opinion is almighty and cannot be reckoned with? Shut-TFU dude.
  • Options
    stolly76stolly76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited July 2013
    Lol love that post Kolat :D
  • Options
    durandurahandurandurahan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I dont believe this OP...

Give me a video that proof you can tanking 4 people and yet not die. or give me a link to your GWF character so I can laugh to it.
  • Options
    maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the gwf has OP survivability, and the ones who die in one on one (vs a non tr) are just dumb :)
  • Options
    trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited July 2013
    4 vs 1 against noobs = wtf that gwf is OP
    4 vs 1 against average players = lol a gwf rushing to us to be killed ( you can use unstop but you cant damage anyone a lot)
    4 vs 1 against pros = lol that gwf doesnt even have a chance to use unstoppable so no0b

4 vs 1 even if the 4 players are under-geared if they are pro you wont even stand a chance
  • Options
    getoneshotgetoneshot Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    A well played, well geared GWF is a broken OP class for PvP, especially one that abuses 7 Greater Tenebrous stacking. Every veteran PvPer knows GWF is currently the most OP class in PvP. 2 or 3 good GWFs on the same team means 100% win rate. GWF is the easiest, most OP faceroll class in Neverwinter PvP.

The most reliable and efficient way to kill a properly geared and played GWF is to have a good GF permaknock them down/up/back so they don't have a chance to use Unstoppable, then have your team focus fire them down asap. A great Rogue can solo a great GWF but the Rogue can't make any mistakes and it will take while to whittle down a GWF before you can burst them down with well-timed crit Lashing Blade and/or Shocking Execution that also isn't deflected by the GWF... which basically takes luck. A great CW or DC can stalemate a great GWF but it's nearly impossible for a CW or DC to solo kill a GWF.

The reason why GWFs are unkillable with 4-5 n00bs beating on them is because every hit they take, builds their Determination. If those n00bs can't CC and burst them down fast enough, they'll be able to spam Unstoppable, resulting in unlimited 25-50% damage reduction and temporary hit points. Combined with an insane amount of high base Defense and Deflection, as well as Regen gear, potions, and Soulforged Enchant, a single GWF can contest and capture a point by themselves vs. multiple people that don't know how to counter them.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    getoneshot wrote: »
    ... a single GWF can contest and capture a point by themselves vs. multiple people that don't know how to counter them.

Yep. You summed it up quite nicely.
  • Options
    wondraswondras Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I dont think GWFs are OP if you know how to kill them. If you do, they are no threat - lenghty fight but by far the least dangerous class.
    Currently there are only two OPs:
    unlimited stealth TR(litrally unkillable) and Stalwart Bulwark GF - they got no counters at all for extreme Prone chaining while maintaining BOTH superior surviability and damage
    before you cry for nerfing please learn:
    CWs are paper, if you dodge their CC spells, they die
    TRs you can dodge their high damage skills and they die quickly if catch them in CC
    GWFs are durable but by far the slowest class, you must be either blind or drunk to loose against GWF, follow simple drill DO encounters when not Unstopable do NOT hit when Unstoppable and keep distance, their skills are the slowest to cast - easy to dodge.
    GF - annoying but if they dont choose to two-shot you while being Prone, they are ok
    DC - meh, most of them only support if you focus them, they die like everybody else
  • Options
    getoneshotgetoneshot Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    A super tanky GWF's job isn't to be dangerous. It's to hold, capture, and/or contest a point so your team wins. It's also nearly impossible to kill a great GWF 1v1 unless you're a great Rogue, and like I said, it would take luck and perfect timing.

Permastealth Rogues are easy to deal with and counter. Run by them to reveal them or use AoE to flush them out. Then put a DoT on them or burst them down. Permastealth Rogues are cheesy, but by no means as cheesy or OP as properly played/geared/spec'd GWFs or GFs.
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    getoneshot wrote: »
    .... Permastealth Rogues are cheesy, but by no means as cheesy or OP as properly played/geared/spec'd GWFs or GFs.

I wouldnt use the statement "properly played/geared/spec'd" to describe a Sent spec GWF stacking HP/Defense/Tenebrous. Take away the Tenebrous, and what are you left with?
    It's not the class, it's the freaking Tenebs.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited August 2013
    Yes it is the tenebs so annoying but they have to make thier money somehow
    So by inflating people epeen . They can buy thier way to kills
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    If they ban tenebs or limit its use, then PW would have to explain this to the consumer who bought the tenebs, from what i understand this is not drop ingame but came from the boxes which cost real money.
  • Options
    rsomazzirsomazzi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I've played many hours of PvP and I have to say this is correct. There is no other class, short of a well geared and well played DC that is anything comparable to a GWF with the BiS running around the spires just killing the other team's time. Multiple matches I've seen particular GWFs just running around the spire, not attacking, just popping whatever they do (pots + abilities) to regain health, requiring 3+ players to overtake this one player. At least the DC isn't capable of the dps, but having both dps and survival ability of the GWF currently is just stupid.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rsomazzi wrote: »
    I've played many hours of PvP and I have to say this is correct. There is no other class, short of a well geared and well played DC that is anything comparable to a GWF with the BiS running around the spires just killing the other team's time. Multiple matches I've seen particular GWFs just running around the spire, not attacking, just popping whatever they do (pots + abilities) to regain health, requiring 3+ players to overtake this one player. At least the DC isn't capable of the dps, but having both dps and survival ability of the GWF currently is just stupid.

I stopped reading when you mentioned DC survivability, under any circumstances and any build, in the same sentence as a GWF...

Solo DCs die faster than any other class 1v1 mainly due to lacking almost any form of CC immunity (two dodges and a daily) and only one Daily (Divine Armor) that delays the inevitable a tiny bit.

If you cannot take out a DC, then I wonder what the heck you do when you see a GWF or a GF! Do you just turn away from that point and run? :)
  • Options
    sfxer001sfxer001 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    I stopped reading when you mentioned DC survivability, under any circumstances and any build, in the same sentence as a GWF...

Solo DCs die faster than any other class 1v1 mainly due to lacking almost any form of CC immunity (two dodges and a daily) and only one Daily (Divine Armor) that delays the inevitable a tiny bit.

If you cannot take out a DC, then I wonder what the heck you do when you see a GWF or a GF! Do you just turn away from that point and run? :)

DC's need a smoke-bomb clone ability, IMO. That would stop a CC/damage train on either themselves or their healing target without the need of a rogue or GF teammate to do it for them.

Call it Fairy Dust Bomb.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sfxer001 wrote: »
    DC's need a smoke-bomb clone ability, IMO. That would stop a CC/damage train on either themselves or their healing target without the need of a rogue or GF teammate to do it for them.

Call it Fairy Dust Bomb.

lol, great name!

I always wonder why the Priestess NPCs mobs get an awesome long cast aoe silence and DC's don't even get an interruptible single target silence or *something* useful other than their almost hilarious short range knockback!