test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130701a.9

Comments

• umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Other people share your problem, MinisterOfChange.

Look up this thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?416061-Knight-of-the-Feywild-Pack

It's where we are discussing it as we try go after some resolution for that.
  • redpodredpod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    heres my reply when are you motherless goat lovin <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> *****s gonna fix this game before you add new content like how about fixing the random client crashes for starters
  • harrivengerharrivenger Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    elcymerian wrote: »
    (emphasis added)

I agree.

If a certain class is better at one minor aspect of a game, then make one of that class. And so what if there's an overpowered class in a system like this. [sarcasm]Because IRL doesn't have some OP people/moments, obviously.[/sarcasm]

It's a mmoRPg, not a mmo"a game that needs to be more balanced in regards to numbers instead of telling a good story and making the player feel good while they play"g.

Just the opinion of role player who is baffled by the perception that "defeating" (in quotes b/c I'm using it loosely) another human being is "fun" (same as above) instead of building story.

Have been playing MMORPG games (UO, EQ, DAoC, SWG, WAR, DDO and Neverwinter) for almost 13 years and I can say that not all MMORPG players like to role play.

In additional, the new gen MMORPG are more forgiving in terms of death penalty.
    UO, EQ - Death penalty -> Corpse Run. If you died again before getting back your corpse, you lost all the items together with your corpse.

DAoC - Death penalty -> Tomb (Lost 1/2 of your XP bar for that level) -> You can get back the XP if you can go back to the your tomb to pray. If not, you will lost those XP. Higher impact for as your lvl increased.

DDO, Neverwinter - Death penalty -> nothing to lost except some decrease in your stats and can be cured easily. Side Note: One thing good about DDO over Neverwinter in PvE is, different tactics are required to kill different bosses. In Neverwinter almost all the bosses I have fought are the same. 1 x boss (Some with AoE ability) and Many x endless spawn tough adds.

These really pamper the players and they just rush through the dungeon without worry about death. This, too, applied on the in game traps (DDO and Neverwinter), where the party just run through and triggle the traps without waiting for the rogue to disarm it.

In summary, the MMORPG has evolved into a stage where RP doesn't mean anything anymore. To me, Neverwinter is just another MMO game.
    Harrivenger (Master Infiltrator)
    Ebony (Whisperknife)

• hirosakisanhirosakisan Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    anyone care explain the new event? it started since quite some ours and ppl don't wanna say how to get the boxes
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    [*]There is now a unique weapon type for Control Wizards available at the Wondrous Bazaar, making it consistent with other classes.
    [*]Alchemy: Fix for rare case where some people who were unable to continue leveling Alchemy.
    [*]A tooltip for Lillend has been adjusted to display more accurate damage numbers.

Do the words "completely irrelevant" ring any bell?
    There is the SORT feature to fix.

As your devs seem clueless, here is how to do that:

procedure bubbleSort( A : list of sortable items )
    repeat
    swapped = false
    for i = 1 to length(A) - 1 inclusive do:
    /* if this pair is out of order */
    if A[i-1] > A then
    /* swap them and remember something changed */
    swap( A[i-1], A )
    swapped = true
    end if
    end for
    until not swapped
    end procedure
    English is not my first language.
  • jediknight16jediknight16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Stay tuned to the Neverwinter homepage for more details!
    Still waiting for the details
  • maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited July 2013
    Still waiting for the details
    Same. There is little info in the in game calender but you can't scroll the box so hard to see what it says
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    [*]There is now a unique weapon type for Control Wizards available at the Wondrous Bazaar, making it consistent with other classes.

[/LIST]
    I am annoyed about this , I bought the tome of command at the AD vendor yesterday due to the item being described as "UNIQUE" for 14400 ad , now I find that the event boxes drop a blue version and that is currently 100 ad in the AH -_- *Hufff* other than that ... AWESOME EVENT !! THANKS!!!
  • aladnisaladnis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    leeander0 wrote: »
    Games don't die because of the content in my opinion. They die because of Dev's listening to whiney little nerds in chairs, with no life, that have to show off their digital might, because they have nothing else.
    And, yet, you are here doing the very same thing you are complaining about; You are whining from your chair, while seemingly not living life, to show your digital might because of your disagreement and anger over the rogue nerfs.

The nerfs are necessary, but only in PvP.

A class that can escape nearly everything, become invulnerable to CC, AND has the ability to stay in stealth forever, is just overpowered no matter how you slice it.

Rogues critting you, from 20 feet away, for 30k+ by THROWING KNIVES while remaining completely invisible and free to change position is just WRONG.

As for the person saying CW using Steal Time or Shield Explosion(tm) to bring a rogue out of stealth... well... you are just wrong. Rogues have that ability to remain in stealth without taking damage that would otherwise make them visible. It's not a valid tactic.

Anyway, all of you folks whining about the nerfs and then calling other people whiners... well... that is just good, old-fashioned "pot calling the kettle black" now, isn't it?
    Fletchette F. Fletch
    newbie rogue extraordinaire
  • ruben375ruben375 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i can get in the game,i start the patching process and at a certain time it says that the file is loked and cant be opend,PLEASE HELP D:
    edited July 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    ...rogues a broken class - effectively a squishy fighter who needs constant attention from the clerics and a lot of potions.
    Welcome to the world of the Devoted Cleric!

A class that can't heal itself as well as it heals others AND uses tons and tons of heal potions.

I, for one, welcome our new Trickster Rogue brothers and sisters with whom I now share the burden of carrying heal potions in 9 out of 10 of my bag spaces.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
    edited July 2013
    Personally, I agree with this. I play mainly with a TR and I still find PvE somewhat difficult as predominantly the largest DPS character in a dungeon. Stealth helps out tremendously because it is a saving feature. Without it I wouldn't have the chance to run away if I need to to use potions, sneak around to give those first few critical strikes on an NPC, or even deal out the type of damage that is necessary in an Epic dungeon. The only thing that might save me is that my critical strike is 50% and my power is ridiculous. If you're going to nerf the rogue in any aspect, make the nerf to PvP, not PvE. I will admit that the TR is overpowered in PvP, but just right for PvE.
    I don't mean to be insulting with this, so sorry if you take it as such.

Your comments above about stealth being nerfed, as well as similar comments by others, just shows that the nerf was needed.

How?

I thought you'd ask that.

It proves beyond all doubt that stealth has been a crutch for this class. It shows that outside of being able to remain in stealth indefinitely, you never thought of other tactics to produce damage AND survive, like every other class (except GWF in everything and GF in PvP) has had to do up to this point.

Stealth, again, was (and is) nothing more than a crutch. Being able to kill while being invisible the entire time is just stupid at best.

I think what they need to do is level the PvP playing field by nerfing certain class abilities and the exploits that LOTS of people are using (spamming daily powers, anyone?), but they NEED to do it in a manner which does not break PvE. Just like you and most others, I am tired of games breaking PvE to balance PvP. They need to start thinking outside the box and start trying to implement changes that your character undergoes when you enter a PvP encounter, but which stay untouched when you enter a dungeon.

If they can do that, this game will reign for a long, long time.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
  • prosper0theoneprosper0theone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited July 2013
    aladnis wrote: »
    Stealth, again, was (and is) nothing more than a crutch. Being able to kill while being invisible the entire time is just stupid at best.

No, you're utterly dull and decadent and I'll tell you why.

Obviously you're not familiar with the concept of "armies never won battles, reason did". Assassins typically aren't meant for frontal combat, that's why it's called assassination, meaning mostly attack by surprise, out of nowhere, unnoticed / hit and run strategies, and is a natural feat of an assassin to use stealth camouflage, because they take advantage of every terrain, sneak up behind every corner, watch, wait for the precise moment and then strike with a lethal blow and yer, one blow is enough, if timing is correct.

You would be one of those who prefer to "send out a thousand to die". Be my guest, hope you'll take the rest who thinks like you with you.

Regardless you admit it or not, you act like a spoiled little brat, nothing more, who knows absolutely nothing of how or why assassins are played, their role in society, their history, their tactic and combat.
  • macinaossamacinaossa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited July 2013
    Yes, TR are not OP, a class that can oneshot other players from stealth and just get back to stealth to do it again is normal
  • kinglekingle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »
    Do the words "completely irrelevant" ring any bell?
    There is the SORT feature to fix.

As your devs seem clueless, here is how to do that:

procedure bubbleSort( A : list of sortable items )
    repeat
    swapped = false
    for i = 1 to length(A) - 1 inclusive do:
    /* if this pair is out of order */
    if A[i-1] > A then
    /* swap them and remember something changed */
    swap( A[i-1], A )
    swapped = true
    end if
    end for
    until not swapped
    end procedure
    \
    If only you never had a million other lines of code. Do you even know what type of error it is? And if what your wrote was to be implemented a doubt the compiler would compile.
  • stubinatorstubinator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My alchemy is still not leveling...
  • gibblefenwickgibblefenwick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just wanted to comment on how your logic and grammar is astounding. Also, the nerf to rogues is going to hurt everyone dramatically who plays PVE with boss clear times dropping by a considerable amount. Overall I do like the bug fixes in this patch and I do think rogues needed a slight nerf, especially in terms of permastealthing. However, the extent that they were nerfed was far to great to the point where their main class features were almost removed from the game.

People in glass houses...
  • prosper0theoneprosper0theone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited July 2013
    Hold on a sec, exactly how much did they nerf rogues? I mean, I got one in the making, been playing my Cleric in the meantime, and I'd be interested why do always the classes which are naturally meant to dominate, if played correctly, get nerfed? Just because the majority is super-lame and cannot play their characters properly? Either they need founder enchants, or just cry endlessly until the developers (unfortunately) listen to them and what began as a brilliant game ends up in the wastebasket soon.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hold on a sec, exactly how much did they nerf rogues?

They haven't actually done anything yet....but what is on the preview server will have a big impact if it gets implemented.

The basic problem is the following - rogues are best at inflicting massive damage on a single target. Now, for boss fights in dungeons that is great - not just for them, but for the entire group. The problem is that in PvP, the "single target" is another player, and if he is of a non-rogue class, he may start whining about rogues being overpowered in PvP.

Unfortunately, the developers seem to have listened to that whining, and reduced the rogues' effectiveness to the point that their performance in PvE (dungeon boss fights in particular) gets hurt...badly.

If this gets implemented as it is currently on the Preview server, it will have a few consequences - Rogues will not be as popular iin parties as they are now - some people may prefer GWFs instead - boss fights will be longer (and more tedious) than they are now, more PUGs will fail - and all of this leads to increased frustration and player dissatisfaction.

Personally I am of the opinion that PvP should not have been included in the first place - the game would be better without it. The fact is that it is next to impossible to "balance" classes for PvP while at the same time make all classes effective in their roles in PvE.

Other games have made the same mistake and lost players as a result....if Cryptic/PWE continues to "balance" classes for PvP purposes it needs to be prepared to lose a significant chunk of their PvE-focused players.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • jappethebreadjappethebread Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If they are going to do that to rogues, then there's no point in playing the game anymore (for me). I'm already frustrated to the game since I have leveled a TR and a GF to 60 and I have two different Clerics (levels 37 and 28) but I'm too bored to play with them.

The same quests are so boring to do again. It took me less than a week to get my first TR to 60 and another week for the GF. Then I was feeling quite bored because I had nothing to do.

Epic Dungeons you say? I've done about half of them and every time I get to a random party, there's either someone who leaves after getting their first injury or theres a bunch of those guys who want to "skip the adds" or cheat any other way through the dungeons. Seriously what's the point of that? Get your Dungeon Delves chest award fast? Wohoo! People like that kill the purpose of the game.

I agree PvP and PvE shouldn't be connected the way they are now. PvP should have it's own armors and weapons just like potions. You can't use normal health potions in PvP so why should you be able to use your armors? Wouldn't it be the most simplest way to balance the game to make PvP only armor sets and PvE only armors?

By the way the Stalwart Bulwark armor for Guardian Fighter is very powerful. And it's Tier 1. I was doing Caverns of Karrundax yesterday with my GF and I have the Bulwark set. At the end I was first in damage dealt, damage taken and most health points healed. At best my Power was 11,000 because of the buff the armor set gives (it's normally about 3,000) and my other gear score is almost 12,000, so basically with that buff I had almost 23,000 gear score.

Oh and how the hell they didn't fix the damage numbers going away from the screen when you click X during dungeons. That's really annoying problem and it's been in the game for a while already...
  • sogdianussogdianus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Guys, is there a way to download the game with the latest patch as a standalone installer from a torrent or any other way? because my internet is limited and I also want to give this game to my friend when I download it.

I already downloaded the NW.1.20130416a.3 standalone version but it needs a 2.5 GB patch to be downloaded!
  • nahkhiirmees2000nahkhiirmees2000 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but "class balance" isn't any part of any D&D game. If you want to balance PvP, put in a more stringent set of conditions that are markedly different than PvE. But please do not continue (and in fact, please stop) massively changing PvE skills for the worse. The Rogue changes in the new patch are ridiculous, including the unlisted one of cutting Lurker's duration in half.

The successive weakening of Rogue skills, from turning Sneak Attack into a speed bonus, making Shocking Execution into a much weaker skill to the point that many rogues no longer use it, to the newest ones making Stealth and Lurker's Assault considerably weaker and less useful seem to be entirely based on PvP complaints. Unfortunately, that has a massive impact on PvE as well to the point where rogues lose a good part of their role. Reducing the number of daggers in CoS is fine (although I would have gone with 10), but the other changes make the rogues a broken class - effectively a squishy fighter who needs constant attention from the clerics and a lot of potions.

"Class balance isnt part of any D&D game".
    Right, reading the rest of the text you write (which i did) is waste of time, cause the whole message your trying to say is in the first sentence.
    You like playing OP classes, end of story.
  • redzahoxxxredzahoxxx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Im stuch at ready after patch!!!
    Help!!!
  • ch3ckm8ch3ckm8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Since this patch hit, I have been experiencing constant lag where ever I go. :( I hope this event ends soon.
  • lenxx117lenxx117 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Man I am Loving this game!
  • ennteaenntea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    note to devs attempting to (badly) "balance" classes based on the disproportionate number of complaints from pvp bads.... there is a simple solution to this, make skills have a second set or scale of effects that only take place in pvp battlegrounds, similar to how skills change when slotted to tab on a CW, only make the trigger the active pvp battleground. Attempting to balance pve skills based on how they perform in pvp is a losing battle with diminishing returns when the content encompasses more than a couple types of mobs and fight styles. Kudos on only having one mechanic for boss fights though! (MOAR ADDS... oh hey, lets make some of these adds spawn more adds, they'll never guess we're out of ideas!)

-Dragon shard
    Throckmorton P. Muddlesworth, Esq.
  • vierzweinullvierzweinull Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My game is literally unplayable since this patch. PLEASE SOMEONE FROM SUPPORT HELP ME PLAY. I paid for a Guardian pack before release - I invested in your game. Do ME the courtesy of helping me get in to play it. It won't load chars, it freezes on loading protector's enclave at the last 1%, and the one time I got in I literally couldn't do ANYTHING, at all, not even refine AD or move from my spawn. This is absurd beyond belief; I'm on a top-of-the-line PC here. Please respond before I lose my **** mind (and don't get to play in this event, which is the thing pissing me off the most here)
  • savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    enntea wrote: »
    Kudos on only having one mechanic for boss fights though! (MOAR ADDS... oh hey, lets make some of these adds spawn more adds, they'll never guess we're out of ideas!)

-Dragon shard
    Throckmorton P. Muddlesworth, Esq.
    Please don't give them ideas
  • draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2013
    Lag/unplayability is prevalent in-game right now because tons more folks are online playing than compared to normal. As to this game and its lackluster patches... all I can say is... ESO is coming. Thank the Heavens.
  • nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It is three weeks before the update. Interesting how much these problems, fighting, frustration and no idea of what is going to happen will affect the players and how much it will hurt this game.
    Personally, I don't log into the game anymore. Just come here from time to time to see the news.
    For now I don't want to play my TR or level a GWF (the next flavor of the month).
    Too much uncertainty.
This discussion has been closed.