What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130701a.9

Comments

• Options
    maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the patch notes doesnt say anything about fixing the other bugs or counter-balancing the changes that the recent patch did (ie karundax)

How about the supposed cleric fixes and also is the improvement of bastion of health cd a perma thing?
  • Options
    billysnipesbillysnipes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What about the sorting function which is bugged as hell ?
    What about the known issues in achievements ? (list here : http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Achievement#KNOWN_ISSUES )

Thank you anyway.
  • Options
    rampagezerorampagezero Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but "class balance" isn't any part of any D&D game. If you want to balance PvP, put in a more stringent set of conditions that are markedly different than PvE. But please do not continue (and in fact, please stop) massively changing PvE skills for the worse. The Rogue changes in the new patch are ridiculous, including the unlisted one of cutting Lurker's duration in half.

Personally, I agree with this. I play mainly with a TR and I still find PvE somewhat difficult as predominantly the largest DPS character in a dungeon. Stealth helps out tremendously because it is a saving feature. Without it I wouldn't have the chance to run away if I need to to use potions, sneak around to give those first few critical strikes on an NPC, or even deal out the type of damage that is necessary in an Epic dungeon. The only thing that might save me is that my critical strike is 50% and my power is ridiculous. If you're going to nerf the rogue in any aspect, make the nerf to PvP, not PvE. I will admit that the TR is overpowered in PvP, but just right for PvE.
    11kupso.png
    "Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." -Rabindranath Tagore
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This thread is a disgrace.

I would like to get some info about the new event.
    Instead, people argue about TR's, even though there is no mention of TR in the patch notes.
    Please discuss TR in another thread.
  • Options
    peilis2peilis2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The game is great, but by fixing the wrong problems it will die ... You adding new content not even fixing the current problems. More content more problems, capish? Fix the current **** you have already made, not adding the new buggy content !
  • Options
    tobuay04tobuay04 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    LOL I have the worse luck ever...
    1st char. CW they get nerfed in pvp cc duration
    2nd char. TR now they are nerfed..
    3rd char. DC.. i give it 2 weeks maybe a month tops before the dungeons don't even need heals.

Cryptic Updates: 1 step forward 5 steps back. [Fix one thing.. **** up 5 things}
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sangrine wrote: »
    This thread is a disgrace.

I would like to get some info about the new event.
    Instead, people argue about TR's, even though there is no mention of TR in the patch notes.
    Please discuss TR in another thread.
    Yep , some info about the event would be nice before the servers go back up...
  • Options
    leeander0leeander0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is no such thing as a free game. The game is free to play, but SOMEONE has to pay for it. Servers aren't cheap. Skilled workers are not cheap. Computers and software are not cheap. I am a fan of this business model because I can still play even when my budget doesn't allow to buy stuff.

The biggest advantage to contributing money to the game, that I have seen, is AD and XP tokens. Those do not cause imbalance they let people lvl faster and buy gear that is available to everyone. Money just gets you to an endpoint faster. Of course, like I said before, I may miss a lot of what you are talking about because I do not play all hours of the day. I get a few hours during the week and a nice chunk of game time on the weekends.

I am not asking for Balance. I am asking for the ability to not have to relearn my character every time some body whines about it.
  • Options
    ohnishiohnishi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    where's the Ranger class? When the Drow will become available?
  • Options
    savuxsavatuxsavuxsavatux Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lol...the rogue nerf is absurd, basic attacks drain stealth? That breaks the mechanic. Rogues are not OP, people just get dumped on in PvP and cry about it. Also 10$ says they manage to break something that didn't need to be broken with this patch. This is coming from somebody who has both played as a rogue and played against one.

Well, tbh, if we look DnD rules EVERY aggressive action move rogue from stealth. On the other hand DC and CW already had many ways of removing TRs from stealth (CWs steal time or shield kick) so TRs stealth was not an issue for me as CW.
    This nerf will make certain dungeons (CN, ToS) little bit longer, but everything else will be the same cose good TRs dont need permastealth to own.

If something PW should change considering rogues that is importance of dexterity as stat. Main stat for TRs now is strength which is ridiculous. I know that those are just numbers, but Orcs as best race for rogues (if we dont count Drows) is blasphemy for DnD franchise.
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All I know is if there is no free respec I am going to ragequit.
  • Options
    christineeve1christineeve1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    leeander0 wrote: »
    All the complaining about TR is driving me crazy. I can not make a plan for or get into any kind of groove with this character without have to worry about changes that will completely throw me off every other week. With that in mind can anyone point me towards a class where I can get some stability?

Games don't die because of the content in my opinion. They die because of Dev's listening to whiney little nerds in chairs, with no life, that have to show off their digital might, because they have nothing else.

PLEASE DEV'S give me some **** stability. I HAVE A LIFE, I don't have hours a day to rework my gear / class characteristics.
    If you can't provide some kind of stability you lose players like me. Players like me that have jobs, have responsibilities in life, and don't mind contributing some money to an awesome game every once in a while.

They aren't developing games with a working person's demographic in mind. They just want to develop games for little kids who have an endless supply of mom and dad's expendable cash. So, they can break stuff over and over and force a respec over and over because it never occurs to them that adults play and adults don't have time for constantly respec'ing and remaking their characters.

I'm not calling out Cryptic, it's true of all the gaming models.
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    xhrit wrote: »

I'm pretty sure you wont be alone
  • Options
    christineeve1christineeve1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xhrit wrote: »
    I think you have a good point.
  • Options
    regolith13regolith13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Confirmed Alchemy Fixed!!

I had 2 Stuck Characters and they both Advanced

THANK YOU Devs!!!!!

(However It took a little over a month!, and Value of Items have dropped considerably)
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have the perfect solution to fix rogues. Remove all their stuns/daze/smoke bomb and they can have perm stealth(don't need a stealth meter). For me, the problem is not being able to defend against invisible players, so don't nerf anything just remove stuns = balanced:)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    idal3tzidal3tz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What is this new unique weapon type for CW?
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    this is for other things not the TR nerf XD lol i want to know more about the event lol
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    talleydarkstar2talleydarkstar2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aahzzy wrote: »
    How about we consider different mechanics for PVP and PVE because I'm sick of PVP whiners ruining what this game should be about. DnD was never about PVP and it should not have been put in the game in the first place.
    While I don't hate pvp, nor do I love it, but amen.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How about fixing the Stealth meter bug, which tends to get stuck very often and doesn't recover, the only solution is to relog. Yeah, Lillend is "more important", since it's a stupid companion they earn money for.

When this has happened to me, changing instances also fixes it.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    devladevla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So what is this event? Is it going to be described before 10am Pacific tomorrow?
  • Options
    radiick507radiick507 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How about we consider different mechanics for PVP and PVE because I'm sick of PVP whiners ruining what this game should be about. DnD was never about PVP and it should not have been put in the game in the first place.

BRAVO My Friend!

I don't play PVP, haven't played PVP and never ever will play PVP in this game but my TR is nerfed and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it..............yet I am punished for some PVP cry-babies whom I will never meet nor even play with or against. Go figure.

Can't wait to see about 80% of the TR class stop playing this class or rage quit and people will beg me and the other few TRs that are left to help them finish a dungeon in PVE.
  • Options
    kentuckyfriedfookentuckyfriedfoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    radiick507 wrote: »
    BRAVO My Friend!

I don't play PVP, haven't played PVP and never ever will play PVP in this game but my TR is nerfed and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it..............yet I am punished for some PVP cry-babies whom I will never meet nor even play with or against. Go figure.

Can't wait to see about 80% of the TR class stop playing this class or rage quit and people will beg me and the other few TRs that are left to help them finish a dungeon in PVE.

TR's wouldn't be much help if that update goes live lol.
  • Options
    ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Gauntlgrym queue needs fixing and what about the Determination bug for GWF?!
  • Options
    rammdozerrammdozer Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I like the way you think (DND was never about PVP and it should not have not have been put in the game in the first place,) most definately agreed it takes the real essence of DND and gives it away to a bunch of whiny crybaby adhd children who have no respect for the game.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    idal3tz wrote: »
    What is this new unique weapon type for CW?

It is a old looking book that is open that floats about where your orb usually floats , it cost me 60772 ad to transmute my orb of the champion mage to look like the book and it looks like enchantment visual effects don't work on it ( although I may not see them due to my settings being very low to help counter the bad lag since the last couple of patches) it looks quite cool actually and more importantly its unique , sad it costs so much to make your character look unique though :<
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please don't nerf the rogues.. At least not to the extent you are going to. The ones who are complaining are just bad at the game.. We all know the problem is enchants, yet that is how you make money so you resort to other things.. I know a handful of rogues who are going to quit if this happens. I know 10 more who swear they will never spend a dime on this game if this goes in because they don't know what will happen next... You have a good game so please don't ruin it.
  • Options
    maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think your new patch just broke miracle healer set again
  • Options
    milkbonedogmilkbonedog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think your new patch just broke miracle healer set again

Aw <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>! I just got that set bonus.

Where is the information about the "New Event"? I checked the link from the first post and didn't see anything.
  • Options
    elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    (emphasis added)

I agree.

If a certain class is better at one minor aspect of a game, then make one of that class. And so what if there's an overpowered class in a system like this. [sarcasm]Because IRL doesn't have some OP people/moments, obviously.[/sarcasm]

It's a mmoRPg, not a mmo"a game that needs to be more balanced in regards to numbers instead of telling a good story and making the player feel good while they play"g.

Just the opinion of role player who is baffled by the perception that "defeating" (in quotes b/c I'm using it loosely) another human being is "fun" (same as above) instead of building story.
This discussion has been closed.