test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic Stop with the nerfing

arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
I've played neverwinter for well over 3 months and I've played every class at least up to level 30. I've gotten a TR up to level 60 and a GWF up to level 56. I have played PvP Time after time and not once have I ever had a problem with balancing classes. Not once did I see something I thought to be broken regarding classes. I've always been able to kill and be killed, and win and loose. It never mattered what class I played, even if it was DC, I've always won or lost. Nerfing any class in any way is a terrible idea. I am 100% content with the abilities of every class in PvP and PvE.

Please don't consider the pleads of criers who are clearly terrible in pvp and don't know they're classes purpose in pvp. They try to hard, lose, and then come straight to the forums and complain.

And as for perma stealth TR's, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmLRTVYgEq4 , that is all.
Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
Post edited by arcmoon99 on

Comments

• Options
    alantiaalantia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You do realize that they have tested this and saw something that is clearly not intended. I don't get it...does anyone really think that the people working on this game just come here and based on a few people saying something they would make a change based on that...seriously ? Anyone on any forum who does is just blinded by their own self importance. I just have to laugh when I read those types of comments. Do I think they check these things out yes....but it's foolish to think a change is based on a forum post alone.
    It is what it is:cool:
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Could someone tell us what class they plan to nerf or a link to the upcoming patch notes instead of a general complaint about nerfing.
  • Options
    jissinjissin Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Trickster Rogue is getting a few changes including decreasing their Shower of Blades from 12 to 8.
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    jissin wrote: »
    Trickster Rogue is getting a few changes including decreasing their Shower of Blades from 12 to 8.

I see no problem with that. I have a level 60 CW. I started to complain that Guardians were over powered, so much people would just say learn to play. I protested they have the best gear and hit just as hard as a pure dps. I'm met with more..learn to play..so I created my own Guardian around level 30 now

Point of story, pretty much every class will be nerfed.
  • Options
    megabunnymegabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    I see no problem with that. I have a level 60 CW. I started to complain that Guardians were over powered, so much people would just say learn to play. I protested they have the best gear and hit just as hard as a pure dps. I'm met with more..learn to play..so I created my own Guardian around level 30 now

Point of story, pretty much every class will be nerfed.

What devs need to do is stop nerfing classes, and start buffing the ones that aren't up to par *Cough GWF Cough*.

They also need to find a way to make PVE and PVP balances separated somehow.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    I've played neverwinter for well over 3 months and I've played every class at least up to level 30. I've gotten a TR up to level 60 and a GWF up to level 56.

Really? 1 lvl 60 char? People shouldn't even have opinions about pvp balance until they've ATLEAST played half the classes in 60 pvp. Of course pre 60 pvp is balanced, lvl a cleric to 60 > pvp then come back, I bet you have a different story. lol
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cloud of Steel: This power now has 8 maximum charges, down from 12.

Duelist's Flurry: When the bleed portion of this power is at 10 stacks, further applications now recalculate damage in addition to refreshing the duration.

Feat: Speed Swindle: This feat is now properly considered a Control effect for calculations and procs.

Lurker's Assault: This power now grants 5 / 10 / 15% bonus Crit Severity, instead of 20 / 40 / 60% bonus damage.

Stealth: At-will powers used from stealth will now partially deplete the Stealth Meter.

I could care less about the CoS being decreased form 12 to 8, that's not a problem. What is a problem is only being able to do one sly flourish and loosing stealth completely. Another problem is Lurkers Assault is **** if the update comes through. Lashing blade will be more effective.

Really? 1 lvl 60 char? People shouldn't even have opinions about pvp balance until they've ATLEAST played half the classes in 60 pvp. Of course pre 60 pvp is balanced, lvl a cleric to 60 > pvp then come back, I bet you have a different story. lol

Not going to lie. The cleric is one class that could use some buffing for pvp standerds.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    thesipeliusthesipelius Member Posts: 95
    edited July 2013
    Here's a list of comments that ended up somewhat long.. In short, I think the classes are fine as they are, people just need to check their builds and think what they want to do. You can not be master of everything and you should not be able to kill all the classes with ease. The major problems that would need addressing are perma stealth rogues, wizards that can one shot bosses and probably the problem with DCs being rather unrewarding in PvP. Note that they are really good for support but you don't get rewards for healing in PvP.

1) The weird thing is that TRs seem to get a lot of nerfing all the time and the actual problems aren't taken care of. So far I've understood that the permanent stealth will not be fully fixed with the changes. Everyone focuses on the problems of the TR all the time. People should remember that if you rely on hiding and light armor you usually end up getting killed by a big sword from a somewhat agile guy (GWFs).

2) CWs are never changed in any way but on the other hand there seems to be no major problems with them (except that you can one shot the Dracolich with the right build at the moment, http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?421761-CW-Can-One-Shot-Bosses).

3) GWFs: first they were overpowered, then they needed a buff and now everyone is saying that they are too good. Except of course the GWFs themselves when they don't know how to use the builds as they should be used. I'm afraid my class will be ruined by some patch because people complain how bad they are and they can't get a group for dungeons. Then they will get another buff and suddenly need a huge nerf. When used in the right way they work well in PvE and PvP and I don't think changing the GWF is a good idea.

4) GFs are also a weird thing. They seem to be able to tank everything in PvP and do a lot of damage. I guess they've just build their GF so that they maximize their DPS and are not as tanky in PvE. Still no one complains as much about them as they do about TRs. I mean as a GWF I can't 1v1 a GF, no way, but I can usually kill a TR. On the forums people complain about nerfing the TR too much and that GWFs need a nerf/buff (depending on the players class). It's really a mess and I think all these three classes should stay the way they are (except for the permanent stealth maybe) and people should just accept their roles.

5) DC seemed to get hit pretty hard a while back. Nerfing the astral shield actually changed dungeoning quite a lot and made it harder and probably even more interesting. In the end it was a good change even though at first it seemed cruel and terrible. Many say that DCs can't manage in PvP but I don't think that's the case. I usually have trouble getting one down when they use their shields and usually are backed up by a couple of team mates. They do seem to be quite weak compared to others but their role as supporters for both PvP and PvE is really important and they do make a huge difference. They just don't get any reward for it in PvP.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

4) GFs are also a weird thing. They seem to be able to tank everything in PvP and do a lot of damage. I guess they've just build their GF so that they maximize their DPS and are not as tanky in PvE. Still no one complains as much about them as they do about TRs. I mean as a GWF I can't 1v1 a GF, no way, but I can usually kill a TR.

If you can avoid their chain charge prone juggling attack, you can kill a gf. When I'm on my cw and they start that combo on another player I chain cc them, most times it work but sometimes they stop attacking them and shield charge/warp half way across the map to do it to me lol
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I don't PvP..but honestly it seems they need two rules/skill sets so they pvp doesn't screw with pve. And vise versa. The only time overpowered hurts in pve is when a class gets left out of grps because its undesirable. Like GWF being left out for CW for knockback and cc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    This is just a wild theory, but what if the nerf is to try and cut down the rogue population in the world? Can't argue if it helps the lfg system at all.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    endocin wrote: »
    I don't PvP..but honestly it seems they need two rules/skill sets so they pvp doesn't screw with pve. And vise versa. The only time overpowered hurts in pve is when a class gets left out of grps because its undesirable. Like GWF being left out for CW for knockback and cc.

Gl, with "two rules/skill sets so they pvp doesn't screw with pve" for any game that offers both aspects. Almost 9 years later and World of Warcraft is still struggling with figuring out how to balance both Pve/Pvp aspects of the game. It's not an easy task to do, any changes made to pve will affect pvp and Vice Versa.

Regardless of what Cryptic does to balance classes for both Pvp/Pve, there will always be issues get the right balance between the two.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    mrz1mmersmrz1mmers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Permastealth definitely needed to be broken, but they could have done this simply by raising the cooldown of bait and switch......

What they have done is overkill, and it will affect PVE, Don't get me wrong, the rouge is still going to be the highest single target dps in the game, and therefore still desirable for dungeon groups, but these changes are ridiculous and over the top, stealth, daggers, and lurkers assault were valuable tools in dungeons that are now apparently no longer viable.

Not to mention, they haven't addressed what was allowing the permastealth build to be viable in the first place.... TENEBROUS, without greater tenebrous slotted in every offense slot, permastealth rouges are a joke that couldn't even kill a fly..... tenebrous allows ANY class to be insta-OP, why won't they address this? I refuse to do anymore PVP at level 60 until they fix tenebrous..... it's just NOT FUN.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    mrz1mmers wrote: »
    The Permastealth definitely needed to be broken, but they could have done this simply by raising the cooldown of bait and switch......

What they have done is overkill, and it will affect PVE, Don't get me wrong, the rouge is still going to be the highest single target dps in the game, and therefore still desirable for dungeon groups, but these changes are ridiculous and over the top, stealth, daggers, and lurkers assault were valuable tools in dungeons that are now apparently no longer viable.

Not to mention, they haven't addressed what was allowing the permastealth build to be viable in the first place.... TENEBROUS, without greater tenebrous slotted in every offense slot, permastealth rouges are a joke that couldn't even kill a fly..... tenebrous allows ANY class to be insta-OP, why won't they address this? I refuse to do anymore PVP at level 60 until they fix tenebrous..... it's just NOT FUN.

That's what sucks about balancing, Instead of going about it in more Subtle ways making changes, it's the knee Jerk reaction that bugs me.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    archomentalarchomental Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Even though the OP comes across as talking about classes in general, its clearly
    geared towards the nerf on rogues. I, however, have played all classes and I can
    tell you one thing for SURE I hope gets changed, even more than the rogue,
    is the BS GF chain stun 3 shot.

A fully geared and skilled GF in stalwart gear can chain stun you over half your health,
    and there is zero you can do once it starts. People cry all the time about a rogue
    1 shotting them from stealth, but you never see much about the 3 chain stun death
    (which is the same thing IMO since you cant do anything during it). In fact, that combo
    is has more control than a CW.

Once the chain goes off, sit behind block until recharge back up, than repeat. Zero skill
    required.
  • Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    megabunny wrote: »
    What devs need to do is stop nerfing classes, and start buffing the ones that aren't up to par *Cough GWF Cough*.

They also need to find a way to make PVE and PVP balances separated somehow.

They'd rather make all other classes same as or worse as the GWF. I have never seen a Developer make classes better when they are trying to balance for PVP. You will either have good PVE class balance or good PVP class balance, never both.

Take that back EQ2 had separation of PVP and PVE they didn't effect each other.
  • Options
    knarsistknarsist Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    osiabunny wrote: »
    Take that back EQ2 had separation of PVP and PVE they didn't effect each other.

Even EQ1 implemented this. Not at launch, but it came later: they learned this lesson that long ago but it seems the industry is still learning it over and over again.
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    permastealth rouges are a joke that couldn't even kill a fly.....
    You're the type of person that makes permastealth fun. Whilst I have 3 or 4 players running about their base, making it easier (though sometimes you wouldn't know it) for my team to control the other 2 points, and some of those players start telling me how bad I am, it makes me smile :)
  • Options
    archomentalarchomental Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Actually, WOW and I think Rift had some key abilities do different
    effects in PvE and PvP. As mentioned above, developers nerf PvP which effects
    PvE, and vice versa.

This would be eliminated by having key encounters behave differently in PvP vs PvE.
  • Options
    mrz1mmersmrz1mmers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    parp12 wrote: »
    You're the type of person that makes permastealth fun. Whilst I have 3 or 4 players running about their base, making it easier (though sometimes you wouldn't know it) for my team to control the other 2 points, and some of those players start telling me how bad I am, it makes me smile :)

That's some rather unimaginative editing of my post you chose to reply to isn't it? Picking out one small part so that it totally loses the context of which I intended it..... grow up, or get a job with the press where at least you get paid for that kinda thing.
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That's some rather unimaginative editing of my post you chose to reply to isn't it? Picking out one small part so that it totally loses the context of which I intended it..... grow up, or get a job with the press where at least you get paid for that kinda thing.
    That was not the intention. I had a reply in mind but I thought I'd read over your post again. Having done so, I can see why you maybe think it loses context, but my point remains valid. Okay I could have quoted the whole of the last paragraph but my reply would still be the same. You claim that tenebrous makes permastealth viable. My permastealth rogue barely does any damage, and I'm very effective. Why am I effective? Because I know that I'm playing domination and not deathmatch. When I end up at the bottom of the scoreboard on the winning team I know that I played a big part in that win.

If you reply can I ask you do so without resorting to name calling please.
  • Options
    masu84masu84 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    A fully geared and skilled GF in stalwart gear can chain stun you over half your health,
    and there is zero you can do once it starts.

Dude, there is a special key called "shift" - use it. Just dodge the first stun and kill the GF.

Stalwart-Gear: Bla...
    stalwart=low ArPen and Crit.
    stalwart=no stacks. no damage. If a GF is doing the first hit: low damage ... niceone.

Well, medium+ skilled CW/DC/TR are able to dodge 2/3 of the skill rotation.

medium+ skilled CWs are able to CC and dodge in way that NO GF would be able to hit them. I fought some of these CWs... well, they need much time to kill me and they need much room to kite, but its working. If GF is blocking every CC and VW is dodging every lunging strike (=no chance to get close to CW for GF) the fight will take some minutes, but the GF will die! Lunging strik is dodged easily ... even by noobs.
    No leaver penality in PvP!

And here is the reason:
    ghostravyn wrote: »
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
  • Options
    ghostravynghostravyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 59
    edited July 2013
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    I've played neverwinter for well over 3 months and I've played every class at least up to level 30.
    Please don't consider the pleads of criers who are clearly terrible in pvp and don't know they're classes purpose in pvp. They try to hard, lose, and then come straight to the forums and complain.
    I'm sorry, but there are serious problems. The TR is not the only one, but it's the one they're focusing on now. I've played a ton of PVP inside and outside Rogue suit and I can say that there are issues. You may think you need to stay imba, but no, you really don't.
    Corrupted Souls, Mindflayer server
    uKc2R.gif
  • Options
    knarsistknarsist Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    ghostravyn wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but there are serious problems. The TR is not the only one, but it's the one they're focusing on now. I've played a ton of PVP inside and outside Rogue suit and I can say that there are issues. You may think you need to stay imba, but no, you really don't.

I'm going to say it one more time: it's not a PvP nerf. That PvP stealth build that you guys keep complaining about? Not being nerfed. It should be, but it's not.
  • Options
    satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    Gl, with "two rules/skill sets so they pvp doesn't screw with pve" for any game that offers both aspects. Almost 9 years later and World of Warcraft is still struggling with figuring out how to balance both Pve/Pvp aspects of the game. It's not an easy task to do, any changes made to pve will affect pvp and Vice Versa.

Regardless of what Cryptic does to balance classes for both Pvp/Pve, there will always be issues get the right balance between the two.
    and yet smaller MMOs just magically are able to have pvp and pve stats and numbers separated and able to balance pvp without changing a thing in pve and the other way around. . .
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    and yet smaller MMOs just magically are able to have pvp and pve stats and numbers separated and able to balance pvp without changing a thing in pve and the other way around. . .

Clearly if you build the game from the ground up to Separate the pvp/pve aspect of the game, then balancing the two isn't that hard, clearly that was not the case with Neverwinter. The games I've played, Pvp/Pve were not separated, and because of that any time balancing was done pvp it would affect the pve side of the game and Vice versa.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Also, what (Magical Games) are you trying to allude to that have a decent balance between pvp/pve? I am curious, just from reading the forum boards for the MMO'S I've played it would seem to not be the case. Just as it's been in World of Warcraft for almost 9 years and as it is now in Neverwinter.

I can't place Diablo 3 up there because we all know Blizzard took a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the idea of pvp in that game. I never got into pvp that much in Rift, and I never touched pvp in DDO.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    masu84 wrote: »
    Dude, there is a special key called "shift" - use it. Just dodge the first stun and kill the GF.

Stalwart-Gear: Bla...
    stalwart=low ArPen and Crit.
    stalwart=no stacks. no damage. If a GF is doing the first hit: low damage ... niceone.

Well, medium+ skilled CW/DC/TR are able to dodge 2/3 of the skill rotation.

medium+ skilled CWs are able to CC and dodge in way that NO GF would be able to hit them. I fought some of these CWs... well, they need much time to kill me and they need much room to kite, but its working. If GF is blocking every CC and VW is dodging every lunging strike (=no chance to get close to CW for GF) the fight will take some minutes, but the GF will die! Lunging strik is dodged easily ... even by noobs.

Tell me how that shift helps a GWF who doesn't dodge while sprinting. Oh yea, I have a
    fully tank spec GWF with 47% damage resist and 32% deflection. A three hit rotation from a geared
    GF does 3/4 of my bar (1/2 if Im lucky), despite that resistance. Don't get me wrong,
    its not the majority of them, its the PvP specced GFs with the right setups and gear.

Explain to me how I can avoid that. Im willing to learn.
  • Options
    nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    They are not really nerfing permastealth. they nerf damage output of the class.
    I am not sure whether they take into account all factors. It feels they are not.
    PVP crowd already found workarounds on this nerf.
    But PVE tricksters will have to suffer through less survivability and less dps.
    As of the moment, they are lower than GWF on PTS.

So, everyone, roll GWF and you will always have a warm spot in any group.
    Enjoy the party.