test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cheats in dungeons

12346»

Comments

• yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If you want everyone to do things the way you personally want them to be done, and advocate for that to be enforced through penalty and punishment, that makes you an authoritarian. It's not name-calling, it's a classification.

If you think that people will play MMOs in exactly the way developers intended, that makes you naive.

This is a game. People play it for fun, for a challenge, for competition, and for (rather sadly) a sense of accomplishment. All of those are tied together, and different aspects are more important for different people. If you don't understand how people would want to modify their gaming experience in order to achieve those things, that's your own problem. If you try to enforce that lack of understanding on others, that just makes you a tyrant.

Skipping trash, and the rest of the things being discussed in this thread, has nothing to do with being "entitled" or wanting things instantly. It has to do with a game that has lousy mechanics, from the economy to combat to progression, and players that are struggling to find something worthwhile to be gained out of playing it. The same players that religiously skip as much trash as possible would likely just as soon spend 36 hours camping a Hill Giant in Everquest to get Jboots. There is nothing wrong with this "generation of gamers", there is only something wrong with this game. People want to be challenged, rewarded for accomplishments, and a sense of progression, and killing pointless trash in dungeons awards none of those things. If you have a problem with that, you should probably just keep it to yourself and continue to group with like-minded people who have no issues performing monotonous repetitive tasks that provide no reward whatsoever because it's what some developer "intended". No one skipping trash is telling you how to play with your groups, so you have no business telling anyone else how to play.

If Cryptic wants to ban people for this, so be it. Of course, they won't do that. Because they know that everyone does it, and they know exactly why everyone does it. I doubt it's even against the rules, actually, but even if it is, it's a rule that is in place because it has to be even though they would never attempt to enforce such a ridiculous thing.
  • yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Another thing about achieving anything in this game:

This game and basically everything in it was completely and utterly trivialized a few weeks ago, much of it by true exploiters, ones who actually do serious damage to game balance and economy. Epic content was trivialized, T2 loot was trivialized, AD items were trivialized, Enchantments were trivialized - everything was trivialized. Even if all those exploits had not occurred, the game would have already been seriously trivialized due to it being Pay to Win and all the BoE gear being available via real money.

The result of everything being trivialized is that the game becomes a complete anarchy. Almost nothing is legitimate, and even if it is, there is no way to know and no reason to care. For example: I had a two day head start and hit 60 the night of May 1st. I was doing T2 dungeons a couple days later, using blues and a couple T1 pieces. I, with my friends and groupmates, legitimately obtained a lot of T2 gear before it was all over the AH due to exploits and everything else. Now, it's meaningless, everyone has the stuff and it can be acquired with almost no effort. That's called trivialization, and in that kind of environment, people simply want to get the stuff that everyone else already has with as little effort as possible - because actual achievement has been made meaningless.

I played original EverQuest starting with the Kunark expansion. EVERYTHING in that game carried with it a sense of accomplishment and legitimacy, because everything was challenging. Likewise, nothing in this game is worth anything, because nothing is challenging and everything is trivial.

If you think this is the fault of the players, you should think again. Yeah, there were a lot of serious exploits that were taken advantage of, but these exploits were so obvious and so prevalent that it was hardly the act of a few dedicated people trying to sabotage the game. Thousands of people used them. That means the system is broken, not the people playing it. You may be a real life paladin, but most people are not, and when they see so much already trivialized in an already trivial game, there is very little reason to follow the "rules". While there are undoubtedly people who exploit just so they can ruin other peoples experiences, the vast majority of people are not like that, if they exploit, it's because they want to save themselves wasted time and frustration.
    edited June 2013
    Wall of text crits you for 93,000. Sorry about that.

TL;DR - play the game the way you want to play it. leave everyone else alone.
  • falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    yult wrote: »

If you think this is the fault of the players, you should think again. Yeah, there were a lot of serious exploits that were taken advantage of, but these exploits were so obvious and so prevalent that it was hardly the act of a few dedicated people trying to sabotage the game. Thousands of people used them. That means the system is broken, not the people playing it. You may be a real life paladin, but most people are not, and when they see so much already trivialized in an already trivial game, there is very little reason to follow the "rules". While there are undoubtedly people who exploit just so they can ruin other peoples experiences, the vast majority of people are not like that, if they exploit, it's because they want to save themselves wasted time and frustration.

Well yes, If people cheat it is the fault of the player. duh... SO what you are saying is that I should go to the mall and just start stealing everything I can get my hands on. Why? because prices are just way too high right now. Its the stores fault for setting prices so high so I should just be able to steal anything I want right?

If you are bored with the game, go play another game. If you are using bugs to advance in the game, not only are you a loser but a cheater and should be banned for breaking the rules. Just like the shoplifter stealing from the store should be arrested.

Now if you actually read this entire thread you would see where the moderator of this forum said in this very thread they will take action against people using these bugs, and I know for a 100% FACT That at lease 2 people on my server have been banned for using teleport types of bugs in dungeons.

So all we need to do is continue reporting people who do these kinds of things and it will thin the cheaters out and eventually they will be gone trying to cheat at another game because they are not smart enough to play any game without cheating.
  • mortmagemortmage Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yult wrote: »
    Wall of text crits you for 93,000. Sorry about that.

TL;DR - play the game the way you want to play it. leave everyone else alone.

I am unable to play the game the way I want because every guild run and pug I've been in has had at least one person in it that insists on taking shortcuts. Shortcuts and other exploits also undermine the economy of the game, making it far too easy to obtain BiS gear, thereby removing the sense of accomplishment. There's no sense of accomplishment in obtaining high end gear through legitimate play if everyone else is getting it through exploits. The sense of accomplishment comes from earning something that few others have.

If you're really that bored with the trash mobs. Go find another game.
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Both sides here are "right"... and the solution is rather easy... give trash mobs rewarding loot! if the mobs drop blues/purples of everything but equip in a 1/100 (blue) 1/1000 (purple) people will kill the trash, will insist on doing so! getting a dragon egg for a dungeon run would be more than rewarding, people will then run dungeons all the times of the day, heck! give the mob trash (or even the boses) 1/5000 zen shop drops, like bags, great health stones, ioun stones... that way the economy will not only suffer but will be reactivated right now that ZEN value is dropping!

Please Devs... i would PAY REAL MONEY for an answer to this and why or why not is implemented... seriously...

My cancer is not getting better and i'm running out of time... i would love to enjoy the game while i can...
    edited June 2013
    mortmage wrote: »
    I am unable to play the game the way I want because every guild run and pug I've been in has had at least one person in it that insists on taking shortcuts. Shortcuts and other exploits also undermine the economy of the game, making it far too easy to obtain BiS gear, thereby removing the sense of accomplishment. There's no sense of accomplishment in obtaining high end gear through legitimate play if everyone else is getting it through exploits. The sense of accomplishment comes from earning something that few others have.

If you can't find a single group of people who want to play the game the way you do, even in a guild, have you ever considered the problem might be you?

Shortcuts that bypass trash have no effect whatsoever on the difficulty of the game. Exploits on bosses is an entirely different discussion that I won't get into here. What you perhaps missed in my wall of text is that at this point in the game, everyone already has everything - there is no "earning something that few others have", and that is precisely why noone gives half a s___ about doing things "legitimately". Also, if you do clear a zone by killing every last thing in it, which I and many others have done, maybe the first five times that is rewarding, but when you get to your 10th, 20th, 50th time doing the same dungeon, there is hardly an argument to be made for not taking every shortcut you can.

Yeah, I'll go find another game. Along with everyone else that is bored by trash mobs. And you and falson1 will be playing the game by yourselves. Have fun with that.
  • xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Sometimes I wonder why people even play games, if they want to skip everything and just get the rewards. Gaming is waste of time, if it's not fun. And I find it hard to believe jumping into void to bypass playing is much fun after first time?

On the other hand, sneaking past mobs should be valid tactic, map glitching really shouldn't.

Oh well, like everyone says: This game has the worst scum of the earth playing it. I can only hope they get their top gear fast, and can go ruin some other game soon enough.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    people don't understand. we don't run dungeons for fun. we run maybe the 1st week for fun, or maybe till we manage to get boss down if it's very difficult, but otherwise after u have done 100 times same instance, then my friends that is pure grind, boring and you do it so u can cash up really fast reward.

But i don't agree with people *****ing that other players don't follow their "philosophy". If you don't like their play style don't party them, find your own followers and do the dungeons as you like, but don't start a personal inquisition upon others: Ban then just because they feel playing in a different style.

No, actually it's YOU who do not understand. You and your friends are not entitled to cheat when you and your friends see fit. Cheating is not a "playstyle" either, it's cheating and skirting the rules of the game, which are in place for everybody, and which will ultimately be your downfall, and get you reported and your accounts banned.

See what you don't understand is it is not fun for many of us either, to see characters like yourself and your friends who feel entitled to cheat at others' expense get away with it. Regardless what you believe, it DOES affect those that play the game honestly. It affects the game economy, and breeds more cheaters into the system. So no, you are not welcome here by the great majority if you plan on exploiting the game, and there is nothing wrong with them complaining and reporting you and your friends accounts.

Do not use these forums to promote and attempt to vindicate behavior which blatantly violates the terms of service the great majority of us gladly abide by.

Here's my updated post on reporting anyone you see cheating/exploiting.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?306422-Reporting-Exploits-The-Right-Way&highlight=report+exploits

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
    edited June 2013
    mortmage wrote: »

What guilds are you joining? Dont answer that publically, pm me.

The large majority of the guilds out there play the game the way it was intended to be played. I can help you decide but you need to send me a detailed pm listing what you are looking for in a guild and about your past mmo experiences/playstyle.

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
    edited June 2013
    xratas wrote: »
    Sometimes I wonder why people even play games, if they want to skip everything and just get the rewards. Gaming is waste of time, if it's not fun. And I find it hard to believe jumping into void to bypass playing is much fun after first time?

On the other hand, sneaking past mobs should be valid tactic, map glitching really shouldn't.

Oh well, like everyone says: This game has the worst scum of the earth playing it. I can only hope they get their top gear fast, and can go ruin some other game soon enough.

I agree. But it also has some of the greatest people you will ever meet in ANY MMO. Trust me, I met em already. You just need to see past the sea of passerbys who will no doubt get bored first and move on. It's your typical launch crowd. Its also f2p, so it breeds many freebies who have no intentions to ever pay a dime, yet think they are entitled to play anyway and say anything they want.

They will get bored and move on... realize they like the place and change their ways, or get the boot.

Remember though the benefits of the f2p model. It brings many more people to the game that couldnt afford to budget $10-15 a month (or simply didnt want to budget any money until they tried the game), and the great majority of them are your dedicated forumites you read about every day on the forums or in game playing with integrity.

• bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Wow, the attitude comes from the top down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wildswannwildswann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was just logged in for about 20 minutes this morning... half an hour before DD's. Zone chat was all LFM.. LFP every one had must know shortcuts... shortcuts are avoiding as much of the dungeon as possible to get the end boss and end chest... the campfire hopping, climbing up walls and dropping through floors. Pugs are doing it and guilds are doing it and not just the odd few but I'd say all because I've yet to find one advertising they don't.There is no easy way of reporting either players or the shortcuts they're using - you have to have name+handles and screenshot or be able to explain which part where - seriously it would be a full time job.

By the time the locusts have gone they will already have stripped anything green from the trees.
  • neversaydie12334neversaydie12334 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh cmon look at the bright side. Ah prices go down because of this :p
  • morphykarumorphykaru Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I ran into this in a big way for the first time last night. I finally have my gs up to nearly 10k and decided to check out Castle Never dungeon for the first time. We fought through the first couple mobs and most of us died from an explosion. I was slow getting back and then noticed everyone was gone, they had somehow short circuited to the end boss and there I was stuck alone with no hope of going forward. That's disappointing as it looked like a really cool dungeon and I was looking forward to playing through it. What's the point of gearing up if you're not actually going to play the game?

The Delve was still running so I went on to another one I hadn't completed, Epic Karrundax. We got maybe to the 3rd mob and I noticed only me and the tank were still fighting. I checked the party list and 3 of them had dropped off. Apparently I had made the foolish assumption that we were actually going to play the dungeon and was focused on the best way to kill the mob. I sometimes miss following chat in the heat of a fight as I did here. When I checked, it was full of angry comments about why was I fighting instead of going over and dying where they were telling me to. I felt bad for missing the chat as good strategies are often discussed. But to be angry with us for actually fighting and playing the game as intended?

There has to be a way to solve this as it's ruining the game for those of us who want to play it. I don't see the point or fun in short circuiting everything to get to the end. Why have all this great gear if you don't enjoy using it to actually play the game? Bragging rights? I mostly run delves with PUG's through the queue system and it's getting to where it takes several tries to get into a fully balanced team that wants to run the whole dungeon. Sometimes you get booted from a team before the system has finished patching files on the way in, or booted as soon as you land. But most often the queue pulls you in and there will only be 2 or 3 others with no patience for the queue to continue working so they drop out right away. I've had delve hours come and go without landing on a viable team that wants to play the whole dungeon. Then a high percentage of the time you may get half way through and someone will drop out. In Epic you need a full team to beat the final boss so now they wasted everyone's time.

Guild play can sometimes work better but even then it requires the right set of guild members to all be on playing at the same time. And I've been on guild teams before who only want to run all the shortcuts too. Well just my opinion but all this is ruining the game for me. The devs certainly know where all these shortcuts are and could close them. Why else put the effort into building Castle Never, which looks like a fantastic dungeon the little I got to see of it, if you're building in cheats for everyone to jump to the final boss skipping 98% of the dungeon?
  • durandurahandurandurahan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Im a player that usually do shortcut in DG (no glitch). Dont blame the players for doing it, blame the Devs for made the game the way like this. Players will always seek for shortcut route no matter in what games they are, it is Developer duty to bring game that cant be exploited.

As my suggestions in another thread, make a campfire guardian in each DG. If you are not kill that guardian, your DG progress will not be saved. This will prevent one of the shortcut thing.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Im a player that usually do shortcut in DG (no glitch). Dont blame the players for doing it, blame the Devs for made the game the way like this. Players will always seek for shortcut route no matter in what games they are, it is Developer duty to bring game that cant be exploited.

As my suggestions in another thread, make a campfire guardian in each DG. If you are not kill that guardian, your DG progress will not be saved. This will prevent one of the shortcut thing.

Oh we do blame players, they're the ones using exploits. No, the devs don't force players to ruin others fun, and no, the devs don't do acrobatics for players. Sure, it can be fixed, but they need someone to report exploits, with details, videos, and so on.

What's cryptic's fault? I think the devs dramatically underestimate the effects of running to campfires / perma stealth rogues. The Module 1 patch won't even fix that. Which is sad. And they barely fix things, they don't do radical changes to dungeon quests design. There are so many glitches that i doubt it's possible to fix every single hole, invisible wall, prop, allowing ty bypass huge amounts of content. It would be more efficient to add stuff to collect, mandatory npc kills, and so on. Still, they don't do it. But they aren't the ones clicking for you. They leave the bank open but you rob it. :)
  • thorizdenthorizden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Blame players all you want, but that's completely useless. Until the "content" outside of bosses is time rewarding players will continue to look for the most efficient way to get the rewards. In many cases players have been conditioned by the game leading up to level 60 where its clearly the intent of the level designer that you can choose to skip mobs. Go into the Temple of the Primordial map. Not only are most of the chests and skill nodes to the side of the main path, its clear that the design was to reward players who took the secondary path by taking less time and exposing you to less risk.
  • ghostravynghostravyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 59
    edited July 2013
    Unfortunately, dungeon "cheats" are predominately a social issue. You can't honestly expect your game developers to release a perfect game because they're not looking at it from the same viewpoint as the exploiters/bypassers are.

Your personal best bet is to align yourself with like-minded players and play the game you want to. I will guarantee PW has their eye on these issues, but right now these problems may be low on the rungs in comparison to others. But also do please continue to submit your feedback. We may not notice it, but I can also guarantee our problems are getting to the crews that work these issues. You just can't expect them to solve these problems immediately, and in a game where each account is perfectly free, a heavy-handed ban-hammer isn't the answer. Rather, we need to be vocal in those groups, and see what we can do to affect player change ourselves.

Good luck and I hope you find a way to enjoy your gaming! If you're on Mindflayer hollar at me (@player66925) and I can hook you up with a bunch of players that aren't fond of "cheating" dungeons.
    Corrupted Souls, Mindflayer server
    uKc2R.gif
  • d3l337d3l337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So many say that is only player issue not a development issue?
    Great concept met pure design and we got many shortcuts and so on. Players are BAD, developers are innocent?

Why people use shortcuts, exploits?
    Because they can?

To be honest, on half of or more these you don't even know if it's is by design or you are doing something "bad". Apart from /killme, or jump in lava and /unstuck of course.

Content is extremely repetitive:
    Same dungeon layout - worse of all, no random encounters-not fun, no chance for decent loot at trash monsters-not rewarding.

I suggested it many times and its simple.:
    Many checkpoints while delving dungeon. - you skip, you can't beat the boss.
    Exiting instance, disconnecting, relogging cause you respawn only at first campfire - naa it's to hard for developers. It would scare are casuals that's the excuse I bet.
    You enter area that you should not - death, full set of level 2 injuries, respawn at first camp.
    /killme restricted daily use. - Game is bugge but not that buggy to use it over 10 times a day.

Every single epic dungeon, apart from non GS restricted or 5700 and maybe Idris you have to choose between:
    seasoned players that tend to use shortcuts.
    total newbie players that wont make it to the end.
    Situation is only different if you are in big guild - but if you you do it shortcut way most likely.

There are kids that barely read, feel offended by any skill usage suggestion, ego problems. Their powers and feat choices are random, they don't understand their class purpose, they just point and click, don't expect most of them to think to much.

There are players that barely speak English, if players have translated version of the game they will most likely perform worse. I had especially bad experience with French players, but maybe i just met wrong guys right?
    Turks are maybe less fluent in English, but they are eager to learn to delve and have mostly better manners.
    Poles are a bit rude using Polish on zone most of the time.

And there are 20+, 30+, 40+ that don't like to spend too much time on game and have results.
    They have families, careers, the don't want to delve the way that fails.

CN - every boss at least 2 shortcuts, hard to find a group that does not use any - so I should not delve CN right?
    Fardaver Crypt I feel personally offended by a fact that CS/PW claim that fixed anything, - 60%+ of people near GMT are using shortcuts. If PDT its like 30%. Different nation mentality I guess.
    Spellplague - shortcuts, boss glitches that are unimaginable.

I want to delve Epic content normally, it is just nearly impossible to find 4 other persons to do it with me.

I am 100% sure that Cryptic Studios/Perfect World are fully aware at least of 90% of glitches in game, they just don't do anything about it. They don't wan;t want to invest money on workforce for fixing game, you say its players fault, you make another short lived game, you move on, you don't give a duck. It product life cycle nothing else for them.

So lets sum it up: 50% of people on server should be banned, including most of people posting here if these that are pretending they never touched anything remotely dirty(so how do you know that there are glitches?)

Now another side:
    Botting- there was done nothing against it. And you say this is not the most important problem right?
    Bots are farming on foundry quests, looting endless amount of enchants. These are server farms like 4 - 8 instances of game on on pc - using virtual machines.
    What we know from developer "we are aware of it and it is serious issue:

Botting lowered prices of enchantments on Tamalure Auction House.

Farming by people of t2 made t2 gear affordable for most casual players.

Prices also reached bottom because of dead season - school is over so juvenals play.

I am not guy that have character with 12k+ gears, I don't have even one ioun or cat on character.
    I also paid to get some zen, don't feel bad about it.

PW/CS are surprised that game succeeded, the don't know what to with it.
    Fury of faewild ia a bit daily dungeon to keep us addicted. Remember Isle of Quel'Danas right? It's the one for NWO.

What about PVP -there are no plans for adding foundry pvp(I don't care if it's glory rewarded - it's about fun).
    There are no plans for new pvp domination arena, at leas none that i know about.

About guys that skip farmed too much - you see on zone they are bored and they are quitting the game.
    Problem that new rise. Why. Because PW/CS don't give a duck about fixing anything.

I report glitches and bugs daily, I report botters.
    Every patch I see no pvp botter ban wave(I met same bots in pvp), no botter ban wave, no dungeon fixes, tell me what to expect?
  • meeggtoastmeeggtoast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I'm really glad you are a great honest player and I respect you for that. For many of us who are glitching and bugging our way to the end bosses is equally an issue with the player and the developers.

Cryptic is in a tight spot if they ban 50% of the players what would be the response of the playerbase? where half of their friends are banned and does not want to return?

Casual Vs Hardcore gamers: Hardcore gamers will take shortcuts to make more $$, Casual Gamers will take shortcuts because they only have 2 hours to play.

TBH I wouldnt mind Cryptic fixing all of the glitches, this actually makes my runs more profitable so its a win for me. Whats a lose for is the casual gamers who can only play 1 hour at a time.

I personally think the endgame content is surprisingly boring, however the only thing i actually like about this game is the fight mechanics of it, where i can't just sleep on my keyboard and get through entire dungeons.

Banning large part of the player base will kill the game. Not fixing glitching issues can wait. If you don't want to glitch/shortcut ur way, have it your way. theres more people taking shortcuts than clearing dungeons 100%, so feel free to leave.
    Nevermore@meeggtoast 12.2 BiS TR
    Lanaya@meeggtoast 13.4 BiS GWF
    Shendelzare@meeggtoast 11.2k CN mule CW

Server: Dragon
    Stream: meeggtoast
    Guide: Meeggtoast's Destroyer Dps Guide