What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fools' Crown of Neverwinter

Comments

• Options
    garkwingarkwin Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Seriously, this item is worthless. We can't even vend it. It isn't a fashion item. It has no stats, and we get multiple ones meaning we have to delete the item. More worthless than the sheer amount of residium we receive from the event chests. At least let us vend them for some silver Crypitc. sheesh
  • Options
    endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    So play with the other FREE stuff..Or do runs instead. You folks must have grown up rich or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    isnt defined as worthless in my book.

I am a male cleric and all my headgear looks atrocious. Going to make my T2 helm look like a crown instead!
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As of the last time I checked, the crown removes your hair... unless you want to be bald w/ a crown on, it looks pretty ugly.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I hope that its going to be used with the new salvage vendor in PE otherwise I don't see the point in it being so common (I know its meant to be a forgery/multiple copies etc).

Im also hoping that you'll be able to scrap it for something and then all the people who kept hold of them will be laughing and the ones who chucked them will be gutted, behind it some evil scheme by Cryptic to get you to buy more bags of holding!!

Dun dun duuuunnn.. shock..horror
  • Options
    kobayashikumihokobayashikumiho Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm hoping that its worth AD through the salvage vendor.

Longshot chance epic items are needed to fill the guild housing grinder and a crown is a freebie.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    As of the last time I checked, the crown removes your hair... unless you want to be bald w/ a crown on, it looks pretty ugly.

It doesn't remove the hair of my GF. I haven't tried it on my TR.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »

Doesn't remove my female CW hair either , the only hat I ever owned that did that was the pirate cap.
  • Options
    kethiankethian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was going to make my helm look like the crown but it would have cost 60k AD. Soooo not worth it to me.
  • Options
    cyberdoxcyberdox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    a FOOLS crown that is kinda worthless...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRr83pTa8Co7wWfTKIiy0llupmej_BOPTusSlqUyX5njfMOGjm0gw
  • Options
    zuelekzuelek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Soooo, is any one else annoyed about getting multi fools crowns from the box? It would be nice to sell it for a couple of silver.
  • Options
    iomhariiomhari Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Except you can't use the crown to transmogrify any helmets that have class restrictions.

I've found that's not true. I've changed the appearance of my own personal helmet and it does work.

Edit: I agree that the cosmetic system could use and upgrade, and that LotRO does have a good system. But more importantly it'd be nicer to have the transmuting price much cheaper.

Also I ran into something yesterday that allowed me to give a crown to my alternate character, unfortunately it cost me a lot of Astral Diamonds. I simply took a normal helmet not yet bound to my character, and changed it's appearance to the crown. It loses it's name but has practically the same properties of the crown. I then gave it to my alt.
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You can use it to change the appearance of something which does have stats.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    jilvix1337 wrote: »

That looks like more of a case of too much hair for the crown to cover up. On my GF fellow, with much less hair, the crown works just fine. My TR fellow has bulkier hair, so I'll give that a go later.

A lot of the head items get rid of hair entirely, to get around these kind of clipping issues. Sadly, that really isn't an option for the crown.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I ran into something quite odd, but you can actually give them to your alt or someone else who wants one if you transmute an unbound helmet to look like the crown. It's basically the crown minus the name and fancy description. Of course if the crown had special stats doing this would be worthless.

Edit: I already posted this, this exact post was from another forum, weird. But everyone who is repeating crowns are worthless should look at this post, and/or my previous post.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ah... the old Tymora... and his sense of humor...
  • Options
    johnnykcjohnnykc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Epic Junk!
  • Options
    shadowboxshadowbox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ity only removes hair in the preview, if you actually wear it or transmute it unto an item it will not remove your hair, and i don't see how it's "useless" i mean it's only for visuals sure but i don't think that makes it useless, you also have to remember it's free, it literally costs you nothing so it's hard to complain about, and yet you have found a way, stay classy NW community.
    Stats.png
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I'm telling you this me-generation and their greedy spoiled attitudes.

Its a free-to-play game and a free event. Don't do it then.

By the way it is a transmorgifiable item but then again you couldn't have known that since you needed your maid to google that for you.
  • Options
    conchitobananoconchitobanano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 74
    edited July 2013
    shadowbox wrote: »
    Ity only removes hair in the preview, if you actually wear it or transmute it unto an item it will not remove your hair, and i don't see how it's "useless" i mean it's only for visuals sure but i don't think that makes it useless, you also have to remember it's free, it literally costs you nothing so it's hard to complain about, and yet you have found a way, stay classy NW community.

Useless crown is useless
  • Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    Ah... the old Tymora... and his sense of humor...

And here I thought Tymora was a woman. However, being a diety she/he can appear however they want, so there's that...
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    This event has been the most generous in both style and drops so far.

One can do the event everywhere, often while doing things they may have been doing anyway. Due to this there was no conglomeration of people in PE, bringing to many slow down and such at least at the start. There was no need to change all that much from regular adventuring or daily foundries, just to do the event.

The drops for the most part were those of at least some value, with some of them being particularly valuable. Even potions adjusted to the level of the box opener so they would have use. Many will now be able to save a great deal of AD when it comes to the crafting of rarer items. Those raising professions got extra free materials.

There is very little that could be improved in this event.

But, one must never underestimate the capabilities of some forum posters. If there is one tiny thing regarding the event that could possibly be construed negatively, they will pounce upon it like a group of starving, rabid hyena... with the precision of a laser guided missile... and ensure that is what is focused on.

On the plus side, Cryptic will never have to guess if any part of anything they do, no matter how much better than their previous efforts it was in general, any perceived flaw will be amply drawn to their attention by combined spotlights focused upon it with the illuminating potential of a billion yellow suns.

Anyway, good job Cryptic. Overall, this has been your best Neverwinter event to date, in my opinion.
  • Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Like that tacky star mask, you will hardly (if ever) see anyone running around in that crown, unless that player is RPing himself/herself as the ruler of Neverwinter.

Players will less likely transmute that crown to their current headgear. At least players can choose to hide that yucky star mask when they dun feel like wearing it. The crowns has to disable the visual effect, or wear another helmet.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Doesn't remove my female CW hair either , the only hat I ever owned that did that was the pirate cap.

I did a little more testing, and here's what I found: Actually putting on the crown did *not* remove my character's hair. When I wrote my initial comment, it was based on my looking at the preview window for changing my current headgear to look like the crown, which (still) doesn't show the character's hair. *shrugs* Maybe it was because my current helmet covers all but my character's face, which probably does remove their hair...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    timmbeer wrote: »
    At least players can choose to hide that yucky star mask when they dun feel like wearing it.

I'm planning on using the yucky star mask in combination with a green outfit on my halfing if there is some kind of yuletide festival. It will be like the Christmas tree role in the school play that I never had as a youngster.
  • Options
    tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    garkwin wrote: »
    Seriously, this item is worthless. We can't even vend it. It isn't a fashion item. It has no stats, and we get multiple ones meaning we have to delete the item. More worthless than the sheer amount of residium we receive from the event chests. At least let us vend them for some silver Crypitc. sheesh

Why do you think it's called the FOOL'S Crown then?

Joking aside, yea can see why you are pissed, but you can always use it to replace your current head slot appearance, right?
  • Options
    caverndragoncaverndragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Guess we are the fools, I have 5 of the crowns now eating up my backpack space. What do they do? I tried one on and my stats dropped big time. If they were just for looks that would be ok, but swapping out a stat item NOT going to happen.

But thanks for the Dragon Eggs, got 14 of them and 70k in RAD's also got a lv 60 TR armor, not sure if its any good yet, but its a rare.
    If it moves, KILL IT!
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Guess we are the fools, I have 5 of the crowns now eating up my backpack space. What do they do? I tried one on and my stats dropped big time. If they were just for looks that would be ok, but swapping out a stat item NOT going to happen.

But thanks for the Dragon Eggs, got 14 of them and 70k in RAD's also got a lv 60 TR armor, not sure if its any good yet, but its a rare.

All the items are for transmuting. Sure they have stats on everything except the crown but they are cool looking items, well some of them are anyways. Transmute the weapons and armor if you like their look but the crown looks like ****.
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    you need to transmog their appearance onto a high stat item that looks ugly the crowns have no stats of their own. This should have been a fashion item.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I'd appreciate if everyone sure that crowns will always be bound and useless items go check my previous post in this forum, the item is meant for transmuting, but somehow you can transmute it to an item not bound, and now you can give out crowns to people who haven't got one.