test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

full high vizier or 1/2 vizier & 1/2 shadow?

dpadan17dpadan17 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Library
I have the full vizier set and find my numbers a little lacking. If I were to get 2 pieces of the shadow weaver set I feel my numbers will be better in place. What are some thoughts? Here are my current stats

power_ 3465
Crit- 1256
Armor pen- 562
Recovery- 2852
Defense-1052
Deflect- 830
Regen-200 ish
life steal- 0
Movement-360

Getting 2 pieces of shadow will counter effect my bonus of the full vizier and raise my crit score dramatically as well as defense score . Sure it will move down my power but with more crit should help out well

thoughts?
Post edited by dpadan17 on

Comments

• copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Stick with HV. Buy a cat/stone.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • apehceapehce Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You will be loved more by your group in a HV. All it matters.
  • phantomlambphantomlamb Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Half and half of any set is only worthwhile to get your GS up. Pushing for max stats becomes an inefficient use of equipment due to diminishing returns. 4-piece bonuses aren't diminished (well, unless it's a stat bump like Magelord!), so aiming for a full set in the long run just makes sense.
  • pranaxpranax Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    apehce wrote: »
    You will be loved more by your group in a HV. All it matters.

Really....Your group loves a dead wizard who can never handle the Add aggro he pulls? And gets one shot and dies before he can actually get into position to push adds off?....

Get Shadow Weaver. Vizier is trash, people just try to act like they are happy w/ their Vizier because it is cheaper and they can actually obtain a full set easier.
  • maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    HV is great, i am actually doubting shadow weaver if its still worth it.
  • exarkun007exarkun007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 113 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    pranax wrote: »
    Really....Your group loves a dead wizard who can never handle the Add aggro he pulls? And gets one shot and dies before he can actually get into position to push adds off?....

Get Shadow Weaver. Vizier is trash, people just try to act like they are happy w/ their Vizier because it is cheaper and they can actually obtain a full set easier.

Once you get the debuff going, it's more defense than SW. Also, learn how to position yourself and defense isn't a concern.
  • maxillion2maxillion2 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Same can be said about shadow weaver CW. Any way 4/4 HV+Plague fire enchantment = steal time turns into a massive debuffing aoe your group will love you for. It will also buff you with more def then you will ever get from SW alone.
  • drnmagerdrnmager Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    stop listening to trash CWs, HV is absolute garbage. SW is 1000x better. 9% crit severity and 339 lifesteal = more overall dmg and more survivability than HV. even on your cw you'll notice the life steal stacks.
  • superm1guelsuperm1guel Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    drnmager wrote: »
    stop listening to trash CWs, HV is absolute garbage. SW is 1000x better. 9% crit severity and 339 lifesteal = more overall dmg and more survivability than HV. even on your cw you'll notice the life steal stacks.

how about for pvp which one is better??
  • kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Woot? Is it sarcasm? If not, I lol'd hard :) Maybe for renegade spec SW is better, but renegade is garbage. 9% crit severity not even noticable. And regeneration is far more profitable, than lifesteal.
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

You might have convinced someONE had you not said 1000x better. If trash CWS are not just clearing but farming CN, I can't imagine what they can do with SW!
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

lol.

The 100% complete opposite of this post is the most true and accurate advice you'll get.

A dead wizard is worthless. High Vizier is THE defensive wizard set period. It has big defense, deflection and regeneration. Shadow weaver is a offensive set - it has ZERO deflection, ZERO regen, and far inferior overall defense.

Not to mention High Vizier also increase your dps (and far more important your parties dps) far more then shadow weaver, though I won't get into the details of that (search gunbahahas post on it for full details).

I mean the difference isn't even funny, Shadowweaver is a trash set compared to how strong high vizier is.

The reason the value is high on it is;
    A) People are dumb and think gearscore is more important then actual functionality
    B) Shadoweaver used to be mega broken op (It could stack indefinitely and previously had no cooldown) - then was severely nerfed, but there was no patch notes to denote this, so not everyone caught on.
    C) People are dumb

Value simply doesn't reflect functionality in this game. Same is actually true for GF - by far the strongest set is stalwarts, yet timeless hero sells for far more.

I mean who will you trust for advice, a random guy, or the leader of one of dragons most effective guilds (who's 2nd main is a CW):
    I've tanked the hardest dungeons in the game - even the majority of epic dread vault on my wizard as our GF was afk tell the boss fight and won, i've Solo tanked and CC'd CN post patch in the most difficult party setup (3TR, 1 DC and me) at its most difficult version just after the patch when we knew little about how to play most efficient with the new balance setup.

I've done all the most challenging things a wizard could hope to accomplish, and I'll just tell you - many of them simply are not possible in shadow weavers, let alone efficient.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    You might have convinced someONE had you not said 1000x better. If trash CWS are not just clearing but farming CN, I can't imagine what they can do with SW!

The "1000x better" bit had me convinced that his post was an intentional parody. 9% crit severity gives you more overall damage than High Vizier's debuff? I realize that a lot of people in game and on the forum have a fetish for severity, but even the most lurid fetishist can't possibly believe that 9% crit severity is much more than an afterthought. At 40% crit chance, you're looking at a net gain of (1+(0.4 * (1.75 + 0.09))) / (1 + (0.4 * (1.75))) = 1.0211, or ~2.1% in overall damage, relative to another guy rocking default crit severity.

And less than that in the likely event that you have less than 40% crit chance.

And even less than that if you're comparing two people who already have a Vorpal enchantment.

It's safe to say that High Vizier represents a much, much larger boost for the CW himself. And the CW's entire team benefits from High Vizier's debuff.
    edited July 2013
    how about for the right side of the gear what do you guys using HV use?
  • kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited July 2013
    With the new upcoming paragon path, I would think that shadow weavers would be the preferred set as there will be a class feature that applies smolder on crit and increases crit severity. I personally plan to go that route.
  • kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    HV will be better anyway. Just socket crit gems and it will be fine.
  • kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited July 2013
    HV will be better anyway. Just socket crit gems and it will be fine.

To socket crit gems you have to give up armor pen. It's way too early to say which will be better. I have both sets so I can go either way.
    edited July 2013
    3 Pyrotechnic = 125*3 = 375
    2 Ancient Exc. neck = 154*2 = 308
    1 Ancient Fug belt (for HP) = 154
    Shirt+Pants = 154
    991 Arm. pen only from gear (you + pet).
    9 offensive slots (+ 2 offensive slots from pet)
    You need 5 Arm. pen gems for cap. +1500 from enchants/runestones and you have cap. And 1200, if cat with belt.
    Now crit.
    175*3 from pyro, 154*2 from neck, 154 from belt, 154 from underwear, 161 from icon (if stone) or 133 from cat belt.
    1302 crit from gear and +1200 from ench. Or 1274 + 1500 if cat.
    I think, it's more, than enough crit with HV set.
    edited July 2013
    Shirt+Pants = 154
    You need 5 Arm. pen gems for cap. +1500 from enchants/runestones and you have cap. And 1200, if cat with belt.
    Now crit.
    175*3 from pyro, 154*2 from neck, 154 from belt, 154 from underwear, 161 from icon (if stone) or 133 from cat belt.

What about for PvP how can i optimize HV
  • thexavorythexavory Member Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    maxillion2 wrote: »
    What about for PvP how can i optimize HV

Rank 9 savages....
    edited July 2013
    Shirt+Pants = 154
    Now crit.

What is that crit rate in percentages? I have 40% crit rate and 2400 armor pen with the sw set, down to about 36 or so crit without my pet (which is important for pvp which I do also). I lose roughly 10% crit chance by switching over to HV. With increased crit severity and smolder being applied by crit as a passive class feature in the upcoming paragon tree, higher crit % will synergize quite nicely.

Also if you run regularly with 2 CWs in a group, it's better to have each CW wear a different set for max group buffage.
  • dacovedacove Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    People here obviously haven't tested both sets thoroughly. That's plainly obvious by the fact of so many "9% crit sev" bonus statements, when in reality you should be giving everyone 18% crit sev AND 675 life steal. You should also look at how High Vizier actually debuffs with other defense/mitigation debuffs, and how they play off of each other to increase your/party damage. To say one set is better and other set is worthless is a totally untested statement, and severely inaccurate. As well as Regeneration being better than Life steal on a CW? Please, that's even worse, both Regeneration and Deflect are behind on Power even IMO on stacking for CW. Life Steal>Regeneration, Defense>Deflection for CW easily.

I personally use both sets, but I use Shadow Weaver far more. It has best base stats easily(set bonuses aside), this is without debate. Set bonuses..
    Shadow Weaver
    1. 18% Crit sev. This is almost 6% damage boost with 40% crit rate and 75% crit sev, obviously that damage boost would fluctuate off of different crit rate/sev bases. Although, even with only 30% crit rate and a whooping 150% crit sev, this would still be almost 4% damage boost.
    2. 675 Life Steal. From 0 Life Steal this gives you a 5.6% damage done>health points.
    Both effect everyone.

High Vizier
    1. 1350 Defense Debuff/Buff. The debuff under best case scenario if applicable would be a 20% mitigation debuff roughly. The Defense buff bonus of 776 under best case scenario(1350+HV Base Def-SV Base Def) would be around 4.5% DR (obviously give or take).
    Defense debuff would effect everyone, but buff only effects yourself.

Proc rate and uptime. Shadow Weaver is easily more versatile imo on what power set you can run to keep the buffs up full time. I never notice it down at all while running any of my standard power sets. High Vizier's is kinda buggy on 4 set, meaning that sometimes you won't proc the buff when you proc the debuff, in my experience you will never be able to maintain the stacks of both buffs/debuffs of High Vizier as easily as Shadow Weaver, leaving the above bonuses a lot more room to fluctuate. HV defense debuffs will not play off of other defense/mitigation debuffs either, although both Shadow Weaver's bonuses will. I am not saying that one is better than the other, although for myself HV gains a lot more dust than SW.
    edited July 2013
    dacove wrote: »
    People here obviously haven't tested both sets thoroughly. That's plainly obvious by the fact of so many "9% crit sev" bonus statements, when in reality you should be giving everyone 18% crit sev AND 675 life steal. You should also look at how High Vizier actually debuffs with other defense/mitigation debuffs, and how they play off of each other to increase your/party damage. To say one set is better and other set is worthless is a totally untested statement, and severely inaccurate. As well as Regeneration being better than Life steal on a CW? Please, that's even worse, both Regeneration and Deflect are behind on Power even IMO on stacking for CW. Life Steal>Regeneration, Defense>Deflection for CW easily.

I personally use both sets, but I use Shadow Weaver far more. It has best base stats easily(set bonuses aside), this is without debate. Set bonuses..
    Shadow Weaver
    1. 18% Crit sev. This is almost 6% damage boost with 40% crit rate and 75% crit sev, obviously that damage boost would fluctuate off of different crit rate/sev bases. Although, even with only 30% crit rate and a whooping 150% crit sev, this would still be almost 4% damage boost.
    2. 675 Life Steal. From 0 Life Steal this gives you a 5.6% damage done>health points.
    Both effect everyone.

High Vizier
    1. 1350 Defense Debuff/Buff. The debuff under best case scenario if applicable would be a 20% mitigation debuff roughly. The Defense buff bonus of 776 under best case scenario(1350+HV Base Def-SV Base Def) would be around 4.5% DR (obviously give or take).
    Defense debuff would effect everyone, but buff only effects yourself.

Proc rate and uptime. Shadow Weaver is easily more versatile imo on what power set you can run to keep the buffs up full time. I never notice it down at all while running any of my standard power sets. High Vizier's is kinda buggy on 4 set, meaning that sometimes you won't proc the buff when you proc the debuff, in my experience you will never be able to maintain the stacks of both buffs/debuffs of High Vizier as easily as Shadow Weaver, leaving the above bonuses a lot more room to fluctuate. HV defense debuffs will not play off of other defense/mitigation debuffs either, although both Shadow Weaver's bonuses will. I am not saying that one is better than the other, although for myself HV gains a lot more dust than SW.

I agree. I did mean to mention also that lifesteal is superior to regen especially in dungeons. With the SW set bonus lifesteal proc, I frequently heal myself for 20-30k (overhealing of course) in a single shield repulse. The healing that a CW can do with that proc is absolutely insane given our abundance of AoEs. Regen will never heal you for enough to save you from a pack of angry mobs in a dungeon, but the shadow weaver proc can.

With the upcoming paragon path changes, we will be able to debuff via the top tier thaumaturge talent and via a new class feature that causes smolder to debuff. That's plenty of debuffing for me, and I will use the crit class feature to keep smolder up on everything.

But back to the OP, don't do the half and half thing, use one full set or the other.
    edited July 2013
    thexavory wrote: »
    Rank 9 savages....

So for pvp Rank 9 Savages on the HV will make it bad ***? so u add crit to it>?
    edited July 2013
    kidbs wrote: »
    Also if you run regularly with 2 CWs in a group, it's better to have each CW wear a different set for max group buffage.

I see, you didn't ever run with 2-3 CW in HV set. HV set has synergy with itself. WIll you melt draco down in 5 minutes with this pathetic 18 crit severity?
    Than, lifesteal. Regen is simply better, cause you don't need to hit enemy to heal yourself. You heal yourself passively. And, btw, who cares about gold in this game?
    edited July 2013
    I see, you didn't ever run with 2-3 CW in HV set. HV set has synergy with itself. WIll you melt draco down in 5 minutes with this pathetic 18 crit severity?
    Than, lifesteal. Regen is simply better, cause you don't need to hit enemy to heal yourself. You heal yourself passively. And, btw, who cares about gold in this game?

Regen won't do squat in a dungeon. When you can 1-shot Draco at present, who cares about your 5 minute kills? Your TRs will actually care about the 18% crit severity considering they crit nearly every attack and after all they are the ones actually burning the bosses. You won't be keeping up the debuff on draco nonstop when you're on knock duty, so don't pretend that you're actually making the boss go down much faster with so much debuff downtime. The crit severity buff will be up nonstop in comparison and you'll be getting huge lifesteal heals from your knocks.

Some of you guys are getting a bit silly with the "which armor is best" zealotry. Both armorsets are good so have both on hand if you want to have flexibility.
    edited July 2013
    My TR will enjoy hitting for 80k (non crit) via impact shot, not this worthless 18 severity.
    edited July 2013
    My TR will enjoy hitting for 80k (non crit) via impact shot, not this worthless 18 severity.

blah blah blah. Again, your TRs random 80k crit due to the debuff is well... random. You won't be keeping 100% uptime on the debuff especially if you're on solo knock duty, not even remotely close. Let's continue to play best case scenario and say which set is best for e-peen's stubborn sake.
    edited July 2013
    kidbs wrote: »
    blah blah blah. Again, your TRs random 80k crit due to the debuff is well... random. You won't be keeping 100% uptime on the debuff especially if you're on solo knock duty, not even remotely close. Let's continue to play best case scenario and say which set is best for e-peen's stubborn sake.

Funny i can keep the debuff up on a target 100 % of the time with one CC rotation i can keep up up on multiple people with Tab steal time and 3 stacks at that while granting combat advantage and plague fire debuffs even in pugs. Yes HV is a fantastic support set and single target DPS set any way My ice knife tends to hit harder with HV.
  • dacovedacove Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Running High Vizier's and Ancient Weapon set will give you 781 regen, or roughly 700 health points every 3 seconds when below half health, this amount is dramatically reduced the further you are over 50% health. So around 235 HPS, when below half health. With only 675 Life Steal, you get 5.6% damage>health. Which at around 4k dps will be 224 hps, which would be the same at any amount of health. Which you should be able to do quite easily even single target, let alone AE. I really don't see the comparison here. Life Steal is better than Regen for CW.