What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130701a.9

Comments

• Options
    killswitchengagkillswitchengag Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    so this is it ! a full 2 hours maintenance for just 3 issues are you serious
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I always love reading the patch threads - but then it depresses me how clueless and childish so many people are. Give Cryptic a break, they are doing a lot of work, and Preview is a huge indicator of it. If you don't know what you're talking about, you best not say anything. Defense industry stop-work.. hahaha. What a buffoon.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lichlament wrote: »
    Lets see how you feel when the rogues leave the game in droves and you cant finish a single epic dungeon.... laugh now cry later.

I find it highly entertaining that when players of other classes complained and threatened to leave the game because of permastealth rogues all rogue players kept saying was "L2P! L2P!" and now the class has been hit with the nerf bat apparently every rogue is now threatening to leave , how about you guys L2P?

It was plainly obvious that being able to be in stealth indefinitely was never a play style Cryptic wanted in the game , sadly a lot of you guys not only gambled on it not being nerfed for a long time but also spent a fortune on that gamble and lost , tough luck , eat it up , your tears nourish me LOL! L2P!L2P!
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Even starts tomorrow and there I don't see any information yet...
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This nerf just means finally more gwf's will be invited to t2 dungeons. I love it.:p
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    forumrichardforumrichard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    It was plainly obvious that being able to be in stealth indefinitely was never a play style Cryptic wanted in the game , sadly a lot of you guys not only gambled on it not being nerfed for a long time but also spent a fortune on that gamble and lost , tough luck , eat it up , your tears nourish me LOL! L2P!L2P!

You must have been misinformed, they are not taking away the permastealth (i agree it should be nerfed) they are taking over half our power to kill the boss with. PVE is going to change drastically, PVP will be about the same.
  • Options
    n3rdlifen3rdlife Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Stealth was the only thing the TRs had to counter OP GF shield knockbacks and GWF self regen, impossible to kill nonsense. TR aren't built for def they are an offensive force. Once they get spotted they are pretty much screwed. The only thing that can kill this fun game is itself and slowly but surely it's getting there.
  • Options
    forumrichardforumrichard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    n3rdlife wrote: »
    The only thing that can kill this fun game is itself and slowly but surely it's getting there.

Agreed .....
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I find it highly entertaining that when players of other classes complained and threatened to leave the game because of permastealth rogues all rogue players kept saying was "L2P! L2P!" and now the class has been hit with the nerf bat apparently every rogue is now threatening to leave , how about you guys L2P?

They didn't do anything to perma-stealth builds. Bait and Switch and Shadow Strike were untouched. You have clearly never played a rogue and have no idea what you're talking about.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited July 2013
    I just wanted to comment on how your logic and grammar is astounding. Also, the nerf to rogues is going to hurt everyone dramatically who plays PVE with boss clear times dropping by a considerable amount. Overall I do like the bug fixes in this patch and I do think rogues needed a slight nerf, especially in terms of permastealthing. However, the extent that they were nerfed was far to great to the point where their main class features were almost removed from the game.
    lol...the rogue nerf is absurd, basic attacks drain stealth? That breaks the mechanic. Rogues are not OP, people just get dumped on in PvP and cry about it. Also 10$ says they manage to break something that didn't need to be broken with this patch. This is coming from somebody who has both played as a rogue and played against one.

We love this kind of feedback! Please try out the Trickster Rogue on Preview and continue leaving this type of feedback so the developers know how you feel about the changes. It's a very dynamic process and always changing, especially with class balance.
  • Options
    durandurahandurandurahan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This nerf just means finally more gwf's will be invited to t2 dungeons. I love it.:p

Agreeeeeeeeeeeeed....:):):)
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    So this is it, right?

After this nerf, people will finally stop complaining about rogues? This the end?

After the first nerf, I asked the same thing. Everyone said yes. And now here we are.

So this is it, right? You're done with nerfing my class? Or should I just assume this will happen every few months and play some other class?
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    arralynarralyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    aahzzy wrote: »
    How about we consider different mechanics for PVP and PVE because I'm sick of PVP whiners ruining what this game should be about. DnD was never about PVP and it should not have been put in the game in the first place.

Thank you for that! I have actually kicked people out of a game for trying to fight each other. That being said, this is an MMO, and most people see MMO and think, "Oh, it HAS to have PVP so I can show off how mush better I am than everyone else."

Also, to all the PVP whiners - there is no OP class. I have gone undefeated with my control wizard and have had my rear handed to me on 3 occasions in a row with my rogue until I learned how to use him right. It's about skill.
  • Options
    killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When will be the content patch? I read somewhere august 12?

Will there be any future guild upgrades such as guild quests? guild bases/castles? etc.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So any info on this event yet? I keep checking the homepage but nothing is up yet.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We love this kind of feedback! Please try out the Trickster Rogue on Preview and continue leaving this type of feedback so the developers know how you feel about the changes. It's a very dynamic process and always changing, especially with class balance.

I'm sorry, but "class balance" isn't any part of any D&D game. If you want to balance PvP, put in a more stringent set of conditions that are markedly different than PvE. But please do not continue (and in fact, please stop) massively changing PvE skills for the worse. The Rogue changes in the new patch are ridiculous, including the unlisted one of cutting Lurker's duration in half.

The successive weakening of Rogue skills, from turning Sneak Attack into a speed bonus, making Shocking Execution into a much weaker skill to the point that many rogues no longer use it, to the newest ones making Stealth and Lurker's Assault considerably weaker and less useful seem to be entirely based on PvP complaints. Unfortunately, that has a massive impact on PvE as well to the point where rogues lose a good part of their role. Reducing the number of daggers in CoS is fine (although I would have gone with 10), but the other changes make the rogues a broken class - effectively a squishy fighter who needs constant attention from the clerics and a lot of potions.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited July 2013
    When will be the content patch? I read somewhere august 12?

Will there be any future guild upgrades such as guild quests? guild bases/castles? etc.

August 22, 2013 is when Fury of the Feywild is available on live. You can explore parts of Sharandar now on Preview including some Feywild Pack items ;)
  • Options
    sutherlandnsutherlandn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think that these events are great but I am really hoping that this patch will fix the issue that arose last patch that has left many people including myself unable to play the game without an overwhelming amount of lag and loss of server connection.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think that these events are great but I am really hoping that this patch will fix the issue that arose last patch that has left many people including myself unable to play the game without an overwhelming amount of lag and loss of server connection.

I agree completely. Even though I am not suffering as bad as others, I have to reboot my computer every evening just to play without horrendous frame rates. I can only assume they introduced another memory leak in the last patch.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    shootingstarkbshootingstarkb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Need to get that bag slot button working ASAP! Please and Thank you :)
  • Options
    ducksgutsducksguts Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hope not one other nerf to any class....
  • Options
    leeander0leeander0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All the complaining about TR is driving me crazy. I can not make a plan for or get into any kind of groove with this character without have to worry about changes that will completely throw me off every other week. With that in mind can anyone point me towards a class where I can get some stability?

Games don't die because of the content in my opinion. They die because of Dev's listening to whiney little nerds in chairs, with no life, that have to show off their digital might, because they have nothing else.

PLEASE DEV'S give me some **** stability. I HAVE A LIFE, I don't have hours a day to rework my gear / class characteristics.
    If you can't provide some kind of stability you lose players like me. Players like me that have jobs, have responsibilities in life, and don't mind contributing some money to an awesome game every once in a while.
  • Options
    itsthepiperitsthepiper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6
    edited July 2013
    These patch notes don't say anything about implementing the TR nerfs, so why is everyone talking about it like it is?
  • Options
    trollmmomastertrollmmomaster Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    come on.....get the servers up :mad: been waiting to go on all day but alas work first, come home then play apparently not tonight >.>
  • Options
    leeander0leeander0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Agreed. They are talking about patches to the Preview Shard.
  • Options
    psycadelicapsycadelica Member Posts: 38
    edited July 2013
    lol...the rogue nerf is absurd, basic attacks drain stealth? That breaks the mechanic. Rogues are not OP, people just get dumped on in PvP and cry about it. Also 10$ says they manage to break something that didn't need to be broken with this patch. This is coming from somebody who has both played as a rogue and played against one.

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that rogues could stealth and use basic attack, next step... delete rogues alltogether :D
  • Options
    prosper0theoneprosper0theone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited July 2013
    How about fixing the Stealth meter bug, which tends to get stuck very often and doesn't recover, the only solution is to relog. Yeah, Lillend is "more important", since it's a stupid companion they earn money for.
  • Options
    trollmmomastertrollmmomaster Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    *stuff the companions and store items and get the server up* :'(
  • Options
    prosper0theoneprosper0theone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited July 2013
    leeander0 wrote: »
    All the complaining about TR is driving me crazy. I can not make a plan for or get into any kind of groove with this character without have to worry about changes that will completely throw me off every other week. With that in mind can anyone point me towards a class where I can get some stability?

Games don't die because of the content in my opinion. They die because of Dev's listening to whiney little nerds in chairs, with no life, that have to show off their digital might, because they have nothing else.

PLEASE DEV'S give me some **** stability. I HAVE A LIFE, I don't have hours a day to rework my gear / class characteristics.
    If you can't provide some kind of stability you lose players like me. Players like me that have jobs, have responsibilities in life, and don't mind contributing some money to an awesome game every once in a while.
    On one hand you're right, on the other you're not. You speak of balance, ever noted how paying for the game and getting extra items ruins balance? Aren't founders showing their "digital might" by using stuff no other player can have? (I'm not talking about companions or the extra race of course)

There is no balance in this game, live with it. Wherever money is involved, balance can never be. The only way to maintain balance would be rewarding people for their donations with stuff that has absolutely no impact on gameplay.
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please fix campfire counter randomly resetting and sometimes not fixing injuries at all (no buff)

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?410571-Campfires-not-curing-injuries-(no-buff)-and-counter-resetting
This discussion has been closed.