test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130701a.9

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited August 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
Tymora's Gift
  • New event running from 7/26 at 10am until 7/29 at 10am Pacific. Stay tuned to the Neverwinter homepage for more details!

Systems and Items
  • There is now a unique weapon type for Control Wizards available at the Wondrous Bazaar, making it consistent with other classes.
  • Alchemy: Fix for rare case where some people who were unable to continue leveling Alchemy.
  • A tooltip for Lillend has been adjusted to display more accurate damage numbers.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tahiriveila88tahiriveila88 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    if it really works: 1000000 thanks for fixing Alchemy!! Please just tell me if it will be save to afterwards level it via the gateway, or if the bug may reappear by doing it..
  • croffilecroffile Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Glad to hear the update on the Alchemy. Keep up the good work, can't wait for the expansion after trying some of it on the preview shard.
    asailorsadventure.png
    Shortcode copy: NW-DFQEQQ8H6
  • morduumorduu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes, yes, yes. Please fix the Alchemy bug!
  • ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What about the bag sorting bug? When is that getting fixed?
  • silurethsilureth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Rare my, ***. Took you a month. Well at least i hope its properly fixed. Keep up the good work. :/
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    ghosty2a wrote: »
    What about the bag sorting bug? When is that getting fixed?

OMG yes please fix that. Drinking a pot of coffee and sorting bags in the morning not ideal.
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    omg they nerfed them stupid rogues AND fixing major bugs now? Second time this week they surprised me. Keep going in the right direction cryptic pls.:)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • digitaljedi30digitaljedi30 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can i ask for a queue fix too! Then you guys will have a game to rival no free to play rpg.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Systems and Items
    • Alchemy: Fix for rare case where some people who were unable to continue leveling Alchemy.
    Yay! (Although I've since leveled alchemy on my alt...guess I'll wait for weaponsmithing)
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • thesaminator1thesaminator1 Member Posts: 36
    edited July 2013
    omg they nerfed them stupid rogues AND fixing major bugs now? Second time this week they surprised me. Keep going in the right direction cryptic pls.:)

I just wanted to comment on how your logic and grammar is astounding. Also, the nerf to rogues is going to hurt everyone dramatically who plays PVE with boss clear times dropping by a considerable amount. Overall I do like the bug fixes in this patch and I do think rogues needed a slight nerf, especially in terms of permastealthing. However, the extent that they were nerfed was far to great to the point where their main class features were almost removed from the game.
  • joshuawhitepawjoshuawhitepaw Member Posts: 30
    edited July 2013
    lol...the rogue nerf is absurd, basic attacks drain stealth? That breaks the mechanic. Rogues are not OP, people just get dumped on in PvP and cry about it. Also 10$ says they manage to break something that didn't need to be broken with this patch. This is coming from somebody who has both played as a rogue and played against one.
  • deinokdeinok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lol...the rogue nerf is absurd, basic attacks drain stealth? That breaks the mechanic.

The mechanic continues being the same, only, you can not abuse it. That's all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Lets see how you feel when the rogues leave the game in droves and you cant finish a single epic dungeon.... laugh now cry later.
  • hamstergubbenhamstergubben Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    well its still quite annoying when u face three stealth rogues in pvp and cant almost do anything besides random hits cause they go swiping around and disable you 75% of the fight and you die in 5s if they do it right, that is alright to fix cause I don't like to lame like that myself either and btw shouldnt epic bosses be hard? :p
  • joshuawhitepawjoshuawhitepaw Member Posts: 30
    edited July 2013
    deinok wrote: »

Okay, so the nerf to Lurkers then too? Unnecessarily high.

Either way, it's a nerf to PvE rogues because of people complaining about PvE rogues.
  • jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bummer nothing new for the foundry, was hoping for a foundry update soon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aahzzyaahzzy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    well its still quite annoying when u face three stealth rogues in pvp and cant almost do anything besides random hits cause they go swiping around and disable you 75% of the fight and you die in 5s if they do it right, that is alright to fix cause I don't like to lame like that myself either and btw shouldnt epic bosses be hard? :p

How about we consider different mechanics for PVP and PVE because I'm sick of PVP whiners ruining what this game should be about. DnD was never about PVP and it should not have been put in the game in the first place.
  • whelbenwhelben Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the Alchemy Fix!
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    deinok wrote: »

You played a TR on Preview yet?

Let me put it this way. You get an arms injury, you break out an injury kit on that right away, yes? You can immediately tell the difference in your damage with one. It's kind of like a permanent arm injury.

I've been on the Preview Server and tested. It's bad.

I will note that my TR is somewhat badly built and only has an 8.7k GS. I picked what sounded cool while leveling him up in early open beta while obsessively playing and it's not great. Haven't used my respec yet, thankfully, will be saving that until after the nerf goes live.

So, some quick numbers, these are approximate:

All of these are using Sly Flourish on L60 trash mobs in Foundry quests, because my guild is dead and I can't quickly get an epic dungeon group going. Note that I am using the PvP glory armor set to make my stealth meter last longer(Bought from the AH for AD because I'm strictly PvE in every game ever). Hit numbers are just one run-through of the stealth meter without using Bait and Switch to extend it.

Live server:
    Avg regular hit: ~1200-~1400
    Avg critical hit: ~1700-~1850
    Avg in Lurker's Assault: ~2450-2500
    Avg crit in LA: ~3700ish
    Hits before running out of stealth: About 10
    Duration of stealth in LA: Entire time, usually most of a meter after it ends.

Preview server:
    Avg regular hit: Same
    Avg critical hit: Same
    Avg in LA: Same
    Avg crit in LA: ~1800-spike of ~2300
    Hits before running out of stealth: 5
    Duration of stealth in LA: Runs out before LA does, and I'm pretty sure LA doesn't even last as long anymore.

...That's pretty dire. First Shocking Execution was nerfed to where most of the time it does less damage than Lashing Strike; now LA is almost completely useless. I'd seriously rather be able to slot Encounters in my daily slots. Some of those are at least still useful.

You can argue that perhaps the LA numbers are crazy, but TR is supposed to be single-target spike damage and AP gain is slow enough you definitely don't spend all your time in LA.

Stealth isn't 'balanced' now, or 'fixed'. It's useless. It's become near what I used to use it for when I was derping at L40~ish with no idea what I was doing where I'd use it to run around long enough to go revive my companion and last long enough to get another potion down.

But yeah, the PvP people will be happy that they pretty much ruined the class in PvE. :/

I honestly haven't even been playing the last couple of days because it seems pointless. Why keep putting time into a character who's about to get nerfed so far into the ground he needs a coffin? :/
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Because unlike you, some people actually have common sense. Unlike you, these people realize that they're playing a preview server. You know, that shard where devs test things to collect data in order to test whether some changes should or should not go live.

If anything you should be playing more or at least just organizing the data above and making sure the devs know your findings. So there. Confirmation from other players would be golden. You're certainly not trying very hard to save your "beloved" class if you're just abandoning it outright, are you? Whining doesn't help FYI.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • balthezar2balthezar2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Go here for numbers and comments from people playing in the preview:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?414511-Patch-Notes-NW-5-20130714b-3
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    One thing they need to fix is the Teaming up Issue where it will not allow you too get rid of team Automatically.And it even stays there even when you fully log out.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2013
    balthezar2 wrote: »
    Go here for numbers and comments from people playing in the preview:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?414511-Patch-Notes-NW-5-20130714b-3

My hero.. As a player with lvl 60's in all class... and 2xTR 60's cry more guys, if you can't accept that permastealth is a ridiculously OP mechanic (which is not broken... but in FACT balanced now) then go play a different game.

like i said, 2xTR's and i think that they are OP when used as a perma...

Balance... Thank you devs
  • maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Patch Notes: NW.3.20130701a.9

so what about the other bugs brought to us by the other recent patch?

What about the supposed cleric fixes? Specially the part about healing action affecting HoTs .......... doesnt affect yet.

How about dungeons that got ruined like karundax........ ever tested it yet?
  • aerynn1aerynn1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So, that's all you managed to accomplish since the last patch, from the long list of major game problems your customers have been reporting for many weeks now ... just one(1) significant bugfix ?

If this were the defense industry, and you were one of the subcontracting companies on a program I was lead QA for, I would issue a stop-work on your involvement, and you would need major in-house process/reporting revisions (and staffing level changes) before I would clear you to resume, and it would cause careful scrutiny on any bids for additional work in the future. In other words, it would become a costly and potentially disastrous embarassment, from a business standpoint.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You people do realize that they just added a large patch to the preview server
  • akilesrav101akilesrav101 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sweet patch, I have a bug problem to post well I think its a bug. I just got done doing a T2 dungeon and I got the last drop, super stoped. The item was automatically bound to me and it isn't even for my class so I know I didn't equipped it? Its a GWF item and I'm GF, why did it bind to me? I really wanted to sell this thing and make some AD. This a bug? Or is it on purpose?
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Some items are bind on pickup but as I don`t do dungeons not sure if that is true for some items in there. Maybe someone else has the answer
  • kentuckyfriedfookentuckyfriedfoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    To all the TR haters, you realize near permastealth is still possible right? It did not get fixed, but now rogues won't 1shot you while doing so, and now... rogues won't poke anything in pve because they will be unwanted if the nerf goes live as is.

Please learn that any CC cancels LA and it is very situational (less useful for very mobile bosses), damage scaling indeed needed nerfs in pvp, the problem lies in that it affected pve more than it actually did fix anything for pvp.
  • killswitchengagkillswitchengag Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    so this is it ! a full 2 hours maintenance for just 3 issues are you serious
This discussion has been closed.