test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are we getting another free respec token?

esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
Because now i have to change some feats on my CW, as you fixed the feats... and i need to respec my rogue also because now i need more stealth meter. :D

Source : http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?414511-Patch-Notes-NW-5-20130714b-3

So you guys know what im talking about.

(Perma stealth rogues are soooooooooooooo nerfed xD and CW new fixed feats will make their AoE skills deal huge damage)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thesakarithesakari Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    Because now i have to change some feats on my CW, as you fixed the feats... and i need to respec my rogue also because now i need more stealth meter. :D

Source : http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?414511-Patch-Notes-NW-5-20130714b-3

So you guys know what im talking about.

(Perma stealth rogues are soooooooooooooo nerfed xD and CW new fixed feats will make their AoE skills deal huge damage)

Wrong, EVERY SINGLE TR is nerfed.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I see a ton of stuff changing on CW not sure good or bad but its a lot. How you feel is it good bad not my class.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    thesakari wrote: »

Um.... Wait for it...... YAY!!!!!!! only made 234,567 thread about how TRs are broke now they are getting fixed.
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Um.... Wait for it...... YAY!!!!!!! only made 234,567 thread about how TRs are broke now they are getting fixed.

Getting fixed? You mean all the crying from the players who can't play so they needed the devs to gimp the rogue so they can actually play. Well tell you what, give it a few days and they will be back for more crying about rogues. It will continue until the rogue is so gimped that they die just entering a pvp match. Because anything less than that won't stop them from complaining about the class.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    thesakari wrote: »

True, Biggest impact is on the perma build though. As an executioner the impact is way less since i don't depend on being completely stealthed to kill someone and i barely use LA in PvP :D
    I see a ton of stuff changing on CW not sure good or bad but its a lot. How you feel is it good bad not my class.

i have a CW and i can tell you these feats changes will make their chill strike , steal time and Conduit of Ice HUUUUUUGEEEE.

Also Arcane singularity will hurt more now :P.
    krumple01 wrote: »
    Getting fixed? You mean all the crying from the players who can't play so they needed the devs to gimp the rogue so they can actually play. Well tell you what, give it a few days and they will be back for more crying about rogues. It will continue until the rogue is so gimped that they die just entering a pvp match. Because anything less than that won't stop them from complaining about the class.

Exactly , i got a crazy build going on my mind :cool: and that nerf will actually help me do it perfectly :P

PS. The LA "nerf" will make lashing blade hit even harder than before especially if you have a vorpal enchant :rolleyes:. cheers!
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    PS. The LA "nerf" will make lashing blade hit even harder than before especially if you have a vorpal enchant :rolleyes:. cheers!

If the new LA stack with vorpal, rogue' Lashing will hit over 100+k. I can see another wave of nerf-cry incoming. LoL
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    lordgrimmwoodlordgrimmwood Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My main is a CW so yeah I hope we get a respec token with this patch. Honestly too many changes not to warrant one.
    tumblr_mm7g22WQog1spm248o1_1280.png

My first Foundry mission, The Valley of Darkness NW-DG9DOTZLU
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Right I mean the rogue just needs 123,458,765,345,985 more nerfs to be balance but hey good start.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Yea getting fixed. If you actually think that it was a real build that's amazing. All the adjustments I don't know if they are nerfs more as in fixing the class so players can play the game and enjoy it properly.
  • Options
    pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i have a CW and i can tell you these feats changes will make their chill strike , steal time and Conduit of Ice HUUUUUUGEEEE.

The feats in question (and the similarly themed Class Feature, Evocation) already worked with (tabbed) Chill Strike and Steal Time. Whether they'll work with Conduit of Ice now is an open question, because technically the developers have classified CoI as a DoT. Will have to test, but I don't see this change making as big a difference as you might think on first blush, build-wise; a large percentage of the average PvE CW's AoE damage already came from Steal Time, Shield, and tabbed Chill Strike, so if speccing into the AoE feats is a good idea now, chances are it was a pretty decent idea before too.

The patch may (hopefully) change the AoE feats so that they affect all powers that hit multiple targets, to conform with the intuitive definition of "Area of Effect." The patch might simply add a tiny handful of AoEs that weren't on the list instead, though, like Shard of the Endless Avalanche -- and leave the so-called DoTs alone (Conduit of Ice, etc).

Seems so. It's possible that Arcane Singularity was doing too much damage too, though. I've seen too many positive-sounding patch notes, in too many games, turn out to be negative. :)

Perfect Vorpal (correct me if I'm wrong) is +50% to critical severity, up from the baseline of 75%.

So if LA now gives you an extra 15% crit severity, that'd bring your best case total up to 140% (75+50+15), correct?

So if Lashing Blade, before, hit for 160% of normal damage, with a chance to crit at 160 * (1 + 1.25) = 360% of its normal amount -- and now it can hit for 100 * (1 + 1.4) = 240% of its normal amount -- then isn't that still an immense reduction? Or is there something obscure you're going to do with your build to mitigate that loss?

Just curious. Don't really have a dog in the Rogue hunt.
  • Options
    pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited July 2013

There will always be crying about balance in PvP. That's true.

But whether you thought perma-stealth Rogues were balanced or not, PvP stealth in MMOs is always, always the subject that draws the lion's share of attention, both from complaining players and balance-intent developers. You have to expect constant changes if you roll a stealth class with the intention of PvPing. Be outraged if you like, but don't act surprised. It's just the way the meta-game cookie crumbles.

Always.

The good news is that occasionally Rogues might get a buff tossed their way as the developers wrestle with the near-impossible task of balancing a stealth class in MMO PvP. The process will go on for years, if we're lucky enough to have a game for that long.

Personally, all of the above is why I take MMO PvP with a grain of salt these days. YMMV.
  • Options
    borgued3borgued3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Ah well, seems all the crying made effect and they will nerf perma build. No problem, time to figure a new way to beat scrubs making use of my current build...maybe a new rotation using the current stats, just wait for me, things will get interesting.....mwahahahaha >=D

EDIT

dunno about that, we went from 60% damage buff to 15% crit severity, so in another words, lashing from stealth instead of going for 60% more damage goes for 15% more damage, which is quite the nerf, nevertheless, good players will still roll over scrubs until rogues get nerfed into oblivion, and even then people will want more nerfs to it, but then again im not that informed on vorpal enchants so who knows, you may be right.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    borgued3 wrote: »
    Ah well, seems all the crying made effect and they will nerf perma build. No problem, time to figure a new way to beat scrubs making use of my current build...maybe a new rotation using the current stats, just wait for me, things will get interesting.....mwahahahaha >=D

Good attitude I look forward to fighting a real rogue. By real I mean one that doesn't use perma stealth. This is a great attitude and rogues shouldn't be a cheese class that beats on players. So I look forward to finally seeing some real rogue builds.
  • Options
    harrivengerharrivenger Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    utuwer wrote: »
    If the new LA stack with vorpal, rogue' Lashing will hit over 100+k. I can see another wave of nerf-cry incoming. LoL

Well, a good PvP player will know how to dodge away from LB, even when the TR is stealthed.

In PvE, the current LA + LB + Stealth, doesn't 1 shot the boss, it take many hits from the combo to kill the boss.
    Harrivenger (Master Infiltrator)
    Ebony (Whisperknife)

• Options
    borgued3borgued3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Good attitude I look forward to fighting a real rogue. By real I mean one that doesn't use perma stealth. This is a great attitude and rogues shouldn't be a cheese class that beats on players. So I look forward to finally seeing some real rogue builds.

you see, permas werent op, or cheese, or anything, they were just a new way to play rogues (imo the right way since we arent supposed to be a target (which we are when we pop out of stealth)), and i can tell playing one that the build has its flaws and takes a heavier burden on the player since even the tinyest mistake can screw up the rotation and place you on a situation where you are not a threat, since your damage is gimped by the build (which is focused on survivability) and your resistance against other damage dealers (that now can see you) is no short of a joke.

Even though i face it as nothing more than a new challenge, it upsets me that the build was nerfed, not because it was OP, but because sucky players were unable to think a bit harder on ways to beat it, so the nerf came with the wrong bases. Nerfs should arrive not to make the game easier for nubs, but to actually balance what is broken, and thats not the case on permas since any decent player manages to counter them with little effort.

I find the nerf that arrived is just dumbing down the game for scrubs,who wll be happy lets say...for a week before a new build arrives (again, wait for me) and then will rush to the forums to nerf that build too, and the crying will flow until nothing is left of the rogue.

I will stick to the class until its completelly thrashed and with no hope for salvation, but given how crying brought this HUGE nerf on the class (even executioners will suffer from this given what was done to LA), i would say we are 4 or 5 patches away from reaching that point. The devs shouldnt give that much ear to scrubs who fill the forum with "crying for nerf" threads
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    you see, permas werent op, or cheese, or anything, they were just a new way to play rogues (imo the right way since we arent supposed to be a target (which we are when we pop out of stealth)

So say it's the "right way" is pretty silly since all of the rogues encounters do remove him from stealth. Also, impossible to catch is pretty much meant to be used to mitigate damage while you are not stealthed.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »
    So say it's the "right way" is pretty silly since all of the rogues encounters do remove him from stealth. Also, impossible to catch is pretty much meant to be used to mitigate damage while you are not stealthed.

well, if rogues were beefier and could take hits better, i wouldnt argue since in or out of stealth we would have a fighting chance, but thats clearly not the case, not by a long shot, so staying on stealth can be considered the "right way" to play.

Im not saying we should be a gwf in terms of tankyness but sure tunning up our "out of stealth suvivability" wouldnt hurt and make it less punishable to leave stealth, yet that change didn't come along on the patch so we are pretty much on a spot where:

1 -stealth will deplete way faster
    2 -once we leave stealth we are dead
    3 -we took ANOTHER blow to our damage so we arent even a threat to whoever we are attacking.

see?

Concerning ITC, it lasts nothing (5 secs tops, maybe not even that) and takes a huge time to come back, but yeah, it is viable UNTIL people ask for that to be nerfed because thrust me, it will be far more used now and will attract the scrubs' attention. And lets not forget, after you leave stealth and pop this baby up, hope that in 5 secs you will be away from the big hitters or at least killed your target, else....just scroll the page up.

GWFs on the other hand, can tank 3 or 4 players, maybe even kill 2 of them before dropping dead and thats is IF there are no clerics with them, not to mention perma stun/KD other players while dishing absurd damage and being immune to those effects from other classes (i know at least daze doesnt even phase them), and lets not forget, they have a heavy regen to make things even better....enlighten me as how this is any better than a perma?

At least permas have to gimp their damage output to actually survive, we NEED to sacrifice something to buff the other. GWFs however dont sacrifice anything to be the monsters they are and the only "strategy" to beat them is just beat them to death and hope your damage is enough, while permas have a ton of ways to be yanked out of stealth, its just a matter of who can use at least half of their brain and who can't.

The problem is that people got so hyped on how "impossible" it was to deal with perma (not like we didnt post enough ways to do that on forum) that gwfs just quietly rose to power, and now they will become the next FOTM class (like they werent already) and rogues again got hit by the nerfbat, but not only on stealth, even the damage rogues will get hurt by this, but scrubs are just too happy that now they wont need to l2p anymore....at least until they face the next big faceroll build for rogues and return to forums to cry another river.

Like i said, i dont mind nerfs when they are justified, and this nerf wasnt, it was purelly based on "crying for nerf" threads and i bet anything that the devs didnt test anything before announcing it.

I can only hope that now that we got hit by the nerfbat AGAIN that some other class gets some love on nerf threads, because we rogues already took our share of full swings to the head....then again some decent rogues will continue to faceroll dumb people on pvp and those ignorant fools will come to the forum and act as if we never ever got hit by the nerf bat and that it need to happen soon....AGAIN.
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So many tears... :(
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    well, if rogues were beefier and could take hits better, i wouldnt argue since in or out of stealth we would have a fighting chance, but thats clearly not the case, not by a long shot, so staying on stealth can be considered the "right way" to play.

Im not saying we should be a gwf in terms of tankyness but sure tunning up our "out of stealth suvivability" wouldnt hurt and make it less punishable to leave stealth, yet that change didn't come along on the patch so we are pretty much on a spot where:

1 -stealth will deplete way faster
    2 -once we leave stealth we are dead
    3 -we took ANOTHER blow to our damage so we arent even a threat to whoever we are attacking.

see?

Concerning ITC, it lasts nothing (5 secs tops, maybe not even that) and takes a huge time to come back, but yeah, it is viable UNTIL people ask for that to be nerfed because thrust me, it will be far more used now and will attract the scrubs' attention. And lets not forget, after you leave stealth and pop this baby up, hope that in 5 secs you will be away from the big hitters or at least killed your target, else....just scroll the page up.

GWFs on the other hand, can tank 3 or 4 players, maybe even kill 2 of them before dropping dead and thats is IF there are no clerics with them, not to mention perma stun/KD other players while dishing absurd damage and being immune to those effects from other classes (i know at least daze doesnt even phase them), and lets not forget, they have a heavy regen to make things even better....enlighten me as how this is any better than a perma?

At least permas have to gimp their damage output to actually survive, we NEED to sacrifice something to buff the other. GWFs however dont sacrifice anything to be the monsters they are and the only "strategy" to beat them is just beat them to death and hope your damage is enough, while permas have a ton of ways to be yanked out of stealth, its just a matter of who can use at least half of their brain and who can't.

The problem is that people got so hyped on how "impossible" it was to deal with perma (not like we didnt post enough ways to do that on forum) that gwfs just quietly rose to power, and now they will become the next FOTM class (like they werent already) and rogues again got hit by the nerfbat, but not only on stealth, even the damage rogues will get hurt by this, but scrubs are just too happy that now they wont need to l2p anymore....at least until they face the next big faceroll build for rogues and return to forums to cry another river.

Like i said, i dont mind nerfs when they are justified, and this nerf wasnt, it was purelly based on "crying for nerf" threads and i bet anything that the devs didnt test anything before announcing it.

I can only hope that now that we got hit by the nerfbat AGAIN that some other class gets some love on nerf threads, because we rogues already took our share of full swings to the head....then again when some decent rogues will continue to faceroll dumb people on pvp and those ignorant fools will come to the forum and act as if we never ever got hit by the nerf bat and that it need to happen soon....AGAIN.

The TRUTH^.

i WONDER. when ppl will realise it's the enchants and the RANK of the enchants killing them more than the actual class.

Also i can't wait to read the new wave of crying when the scrubs realise they are STILL being owned. ONE DAY.....they will have to realise that they themselves in fact suck....and then....2 options. Actually sit down and test, experiment, learn, OR slash wrist and die.
    I feel sorry for you ppl that will have to finally loook in the mirror and realise your own mediocrity when there's noone else to blame.
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    kulgribnarkulgribnar Member Posts: 84
    edited July 2013
    devlinne wrote: »
    The TRUTH^.

i WONDER. when ppl will realise it's the enchants and the RANK of the enchants killing them more than the actual class.

Also i can't wait to read the new wave of crying when the scrubs realise they are STILL being owned. ONE DAY.....they will have to realise that they themselves in fact suck....and then....2 options. Actually sit down and test, experiment, learn, OR slash wrist and die.
    I feel sorry for you ppl that will have to finally loook in the mirror and realise your own mediocrity when there's noone else to blame.

You definitely sound angry bro. Do you need a tissue?
  • Options
    kulgribnarkulgribnar Member Posts: 84
    edited July 2013
    terramak wrote: »
    PvP
    • Rejuvenation Potions may no longer be used in PvP.
    • Health runes activated in PvP now expire when the player takes damage.

Esteena I thought they were meant for PvP usage?
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    devlinne wrote: »

Thing is, people already know this, hence the QQing on the forum about onehitwonders.

Another thing is that these items mean $$$ for Cryptic, and they keep on proving to think it's just fine and dandy.
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    Thing is, people already know this, hence the QQing on the forum about onehitwonders.

Another thing is that these items mean $$$ for Cryptic, and they keep on proving to think it's just fine and dandy.

If people already know this. Then why is a class being nerfed?
    why isn't the crying directed to the right source of the problem?
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    cause crying to nerf a class is always better then crying to nerf something you use yourself

whiners never want themself nerfed, always the others
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I knew building my CW around INT and massive AOE was a good decision. :) Sadly, my rogue is going to need a respec.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    seraphidseraphid Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Finally some changes to rogues in pvp has been apllied, great to see Cryptic is hearing the community. Great patch!
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    cause crying to nerf a class is always better then crying to nerf something you use yourself

whiners never want themself nerfed, always the others

I hope you're not excluding yourself from this statement. There are plenty of people, myself among them that acknowledge a class tipping the scales of balance a bit too far regardless of whether it is one of our own toon classes or not. I acknowledged when my CW was a bit ridiculous with RoF destroying everyone/anyone. I acknowledged that my TR is a bit too ridiculous 1 shotting kids with LA LB for 30k then dropping anyone else close enough with CoS spam the remainder of the daily. All with rank 5 dark enchantments. Throw in perma stealth and just makes for more lawlz.

Why sent GWF's escaped the nerf bat is yet to be seen. I guess there hasn't been enough folks rolling face with them since it requires a bit more effort gearing. The horde of whiners can direct their forum hatred towards them next after they get done enjoying your tears.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Stealth rogues were obviously a broken game mechanic and need to be nerfed. Not sure about the TR damage nerfs, will have to see how those turn out in the game logs after the changes go through.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    pfft2 wrote: »
    then isn't that still an immense reduction? Or is there something obscure you're going to do with your build to mitigate that loss?

Exactly :). I have some changes that will make up the loss to be even higher than before ^^
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Esteena I thought they were meant for PvP usage?

They made it available in PvP before , i didn't jump in their mind nor i'm one of the developer team, to know if it was meant or not.

I just said it is ok to use it as long as it is usable there and it was working perfectly against perma rogues. You didn't need an exploit it anything to make it work, all you needed is just clicking it.

The arguing you are linking at was about Health runes being more severe in healing than the Rejuvenation ones.
    Hence why it didn't make sense arguing about rejuvenation potion being so broken if you can still heal your entire HP with Healthrunes AND even able to activate it with FULL HP while still getting healed every time you get hit.

Eventhough you needed to run to specific locations to use the health runes, they were very close to capture points and you can just take one before you join a fight since they last for long and heal more than rejuvenation ones.

Hence why they are also nerfed.

Funny you never said anything about the health runes not being broken as well and now they are nerfed :rolleyes:

Now that perma rogues are almost not working , there is no need for these pots anymore.