test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Glory/Seals BOP Change

rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
How come?

And will it be retroactive on equip we already have. Like say I now have 2 GG weapons currently not bound to me but in my bag. Will I be able to auction them after the patch? or will they be stuck on my character?

Economy, Items, and Rewards
•New items have been added to the Trade Bar Merchant in Protector's Enclave!
•Mounts: Small Forest Stag
•Companion: Phase Spider
•Fashion Set: Sun Elf Noble
•Gear: Sinister Weapons

•Bounty items now belong in currency bags.
•Gemmed Elegant Pants now actually display as pants (instead of a second shirt).
•If a player has an item equipped and an identical item in the inventory, the items now properly switch when double-clicking on the one in the inventory.
•If a player has no lower-tier Scrolls of Identification and tries to identify a lower-tier item, any other valid ID scroll in the inventory will now be used.
•Items purchased via Seals and Glory are now bound to the character when purchased.
•Resources and Assets may no longer be put into banks.
•The Astral Diamond refinement limit now resets daily at 3AM Pacific time, regardless of when the player refined over the past day.
We can pretend.
Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
- Dylan Thomas
Post edited by rollingonit on

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The only rationale I can think of is that they want items purchased with seals to be less easily obtainable.

That being said, they really should provide something for players that have outgrown their usefulness, to still get something out of having them - like maybe an AD bag that costs 100 seals, and has a variable amount of ADs in it, commensurate with the kind of seal used, (like the Pegasus bag would have fewer, and the Drake one more).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    yramragyramrag Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sorry, but where did you find this information? I didn't see this in the latest patch notes.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?414511-Patch-Notes-NW-5-20130714b-3&p=5240371&viewfull=1#post5240371

TR's will have an interesting read as well. CWs get a bunch of changes as well, maybe they got a buff idk. Didn't read that section.
    We can pretend.
    Oh Wonder - Without You

- Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    ta1ch0u1ta1ch0u1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ya, gl trying to help your friends companions with cheap gear, or selling to the less fortunate.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Also just think about some other discussion on these boards. Currently, we have the PVP afk concerns. How will this help....
    So a person doesn't like PVP for whatever reason. Now he/she is forced into the PVP. Id believe this will lead to more afkers and leavers.
    We can pretend.
    Oh Wonder - Without You

- Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That ends with bots in pvp.. wherent you pvpers crying bout bots? no more bots...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I never cried about any bots... show me the post where I did please. BTW cryptic ur game keeps crashing, 3 times in a half hr span. naaaaiiiiiseeeeee
    We can pretend.
    Oh Wonder - Without You

- Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Meh, so no more earning a pile of t1 PvP gear for alts to wear as they ding 60. May as well stop PvPing :)
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No, BoP changes will not be applied to existing items already sold to other players. It didn't happen in the last patch for reinforced gloves as this would punish the person buying as well as the person who made them.

You'll now have to sell items to the salvager to make seals and glory useful. Great this will solve the problem of bots in pvp, oh wait, are bots allowed to use the salvager as well? Or they'll just continue to buy and sell glory potions to convert glory to gold.
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    this change wont remove bots, all it will change is that you now have to actually do PVP, even if you dont like it, to get PVP gear
    only thing it will do is slow gear progression, nothing else
  • Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    parp12 wrote: »
    No, BoP changes will not be applied to existing items already sold to other players. It didn't happen in the last patch for reinforced gloves as this would punish the person buying as well as the person who made them.

You'll now have to sell items to the salvager to make seals and glory useful. Great this will solve the problem of bots in pvp, oh wait, are bots allowed to use the salvager as well? Or they'll just continue to buy and sell glory potions to convert glory to gold.

OMG! EXPLOIT ALERT! Inc PVP potion can only be bought and not sold...
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wow...this is a great way to make seals even more worthless. Didn't think that was possible. I guess its a good thing I already bought some PVP items for my alts, but whatever.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    parp12 wrote: »

Chances are that if you've only got 2 or 3 of your T1 PvP or Grym set, the post patch sets won't work with prepatch items. Better get your PvP sets while you can folks.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    conchitobananoconchitobanano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 74
    edited July 2013
    Awesome changes imo... Now there is absolute NO reason to do PvP ,GG or pick up any seals in dungeons anymore, you just made 3 out of your 1000 currencies completely worthless along with the content that needs to be played in order to obtain them....

oh and also the companions obtainable through this methods just became obsolete...
  • Options
    millertime197933millertime197933 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If you can use glory to buy items, that can then sell to an AD salvager, then bots will still be in PVP. So if this "fix" was meant to prevent bots, then I think the salvager may not be activated. I don't understand why items earned with seals are becoming bind on pickup as they aren't exactly common due to high expense and out leveling the quality of gear very quickly. I think everyone will agree that by the time you earned enough seals, of any type, to actually purchase an item, it was already junk to you.

A question that I have is if the grym coins that are earned in the Gauntlegrym event are considered seals, and if the gear you purchase with them will also be bind on pick up. It would be good to know because many folks run GG on multiple toons for the daily AD reward, so the toon we were gearing up may not be the one who has all the coins in their inventory. If a dev or moderator has that information, please share.

Finally, if you are level 60 and have already either geared up in PVP gear, or surpassed it...what good is glory to you if you cant sell the items that you turn it in for? If they activate the salvager, then the bot problem doesn't go away, so this seems to be a needless change. Hell even if you can sell PVP items for gold the bot problem doesn't go away. If there is nothing to "earn" in PVP, then many won't do it. If anything the bot to real player ratio will increase as some folks just won't be motivated to do PVP anymore.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you can use glory to buy items, that can then sell to an AD salvager, then bots will still be in PVP. So if this "fix" was meant to prevent bots, then I think the salvager may not be activated. I don't understand why items earned with seals are becoming bind on pickup as they aren't exactly common due to high expense and out leveling the quality of gear very quickly. I think everyone will agree that by the time you earned enough seals, of any type, to actually purchase an item, it was already junk to you.

I think the BoP seal items is to counter the selling of Drake/Unicorn items.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If there is nothing to "earn" in PVP, then many won't do it. If anything the bot to real player ratio will increase as some folks just won't be motivated to do PVP anymore.

Not true - if there is no way to profit from PvP then there will be no point in bots being there. So if the rewards are made BoP and unsellable then there may be less players, but there should be practically no bots.
  • Options
    armenuaarmenua Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    What is this AD salvager you talk about? I'm clueless about this.
  • Options
    pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It sure would be nice if Seal gear had set bonuses. Then I might use my seals to buy stuff I'll actually use. Don't know why the same gear set, when dropped, provides the bonus whereas its "of the Unicorn" and "of the Drake" counterparts don't. Or is that just a wizard thing? Dunno, dun care.

In any case, I'll be spending all of my seals before the patch goes live on non-set items to sell. Maybe someone else can get something out of the seals I've been picking up.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Not true - if there is no way to profit from PvP then there will be no point in bots being there. So if the rewards are made BoP and unsellable then there may be less players, but there should be practically no bots.

They would have to make the gear worthless to get rid of bots. I really don't see a better way to go about it then this. They will need to make more and varied bop items though.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    armenua wrote: »
    What is this AD salvager you talk about? I'm clueless about this.

When the Devs were considering making most Epic Drops Bind-on-Pickup they also considered adding a Epic Savager who would buy your epics for AD.

Nothing came of it AFAIK as the BoP plans were not implemented.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    They would have to make the gear worthless to get rid of bots. I really don't see a better way to go about it then this. They will need to make more and varied bop items though.

Not true - just make the gear BoP and you are done.

Most of the botters in PvP are doing it on throwaway accounts to farm glory to convert to AD. Trying to bot on your own account where you have other characters would be risky.
  • Options
    millertime197933millertime197933 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Mconosrep, if you can sell items for gold to a vendor, then there will be bots. I won't spend 10 hours doing PVP to make 10 gold, but someone with 10 accounts using bots will spend 10 hours to make 100 gold and then sell to someone. So if you take my comments in the context that which they were stated, you will see my argument that the bot to player ratio will increase. If you make anything you earn in PVP unsellable in any way shape or form, then yes, the bot problem goes away, but so do almost all players. If there is a daily reward for AD, then you will still have bots too. So really, you would have to make PVP completely unrewarding with the only purpose of doing it to be either that you just love it, or you are gearing up your initial set of equipment, which takes a day or two depending on how much you win or lose. Then you run into a problem of queing for PVP and not being able to get the que to activate because so few people are doing it.

I'm not saying how feasible this is, but the only true way to solve the problem is to have GMs in the game (much like everquest did), that are quickly responsive to players reporting bots so they can witness it themselves and then ban the account. If you take away every motivation for someone to bot in PVP, you inherently take away 90% of the motivation for a player to do PVP. It is a double edged sword that is too hard to completely eliminate, they can only put it in the too hard to do for what you gain category. As long as gold or AD can be gained in some shape or form, botting will be prevalent.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Not true - just make the gear BoP and you are done.

Most of the botters in PvP are doing it on throwaway accounts to farm glory to convert to AD. Trying to bot on your own account where you have other characters would be risky.

Gold is also valuable. PVP'ers would want more choices in the store. PVP'ers do so for the fun of it, sure, but everyone likes to be rewarded. Perhaps some expensive items to work for that had no value other than utility. Mounts is one way to go.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Bind on pick up enchants would do it for me if they sold in the PVP store. I spend a fortune every time I change a piece of gear out, or change my build. How many folks have maxed out enchants on every slot of gear they have? Also every time a module comes out with new gear, people would go back to it to farm the enchants again. If they take away the ability to earn gold and/or AD from PVP to eliminate bots, then they would need an enduring reward system that keeps people coming back to the well. I think bind on pick up enchants is a good solution. They could expand this to other upgrades as well. Training tomes for companions/mounts, companions other than the stupid blue one you can buy etc. Really just a mirror of what is already in game, but something you can only improve your own character with. They could even make it super expensive.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Mconosrep, if you can sell items for gold to a vendor, then there will be bots.

So make any Glory items unsellable to a vendor or worth 1 copper.

Make the Daily PvP and all other in-match rewards for wins only, and add in a penalty for quitting and anyone with a bot in their team will just AFK which means that being a botter will get never get you anything.

And then there will be no reason for botters to take part at all.....
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I've never supported BoP items especially in crafting, what they should have done was made all of the purchaseable/craftable items Bind on Account so that people could easily build alts without issue.

What will happen next is they'll add these new classes right, and then people will come back to play the game and not be able to build their toons worth a darn and wonder what happened. That's what I'm seeing. Why is it that Devs don't see in most games that Altaholics need BoA gear and that it should have been BoA since the beginning?!
  • Options
    dank65dank65 Member Posts: 44
    edited July 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    That ends with bots in pvp.. wherent you pvpers crying bout bots? no more bots...

Im not sure about that, Ive thought about that and it looks good but then the Bots will prolly just start selling them for whatever gold or silver thay can get and instead of glory farming you get gold farming we will have to see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banshee
    Bloodthristy
    Guild - <Lords of The Dead>
    LvL 60 CW-Dragon Server
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    well now i will spend all my seals and sell the items there XD prizes are going sky high lol since probably this change will be pretty much the same like others (it will apply to new equip the old equip wills till be able to trade sell it) i have like 110 GG coins, 100 drake seals and like 89 unicorn seals lol
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Chances are that if you've only got 2 or 3 of your T1 PvP or Grym set, the post patch sets won't work with prepatch items. Better get your PvP sets while you can folks.

Tested on preview with pre patch set mixed with new BoP items and the 4 piece bonus worked just fine.