test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Party leader steals loot by kicking in pugs

erezwhiteerezwhite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
I was curious to know if anyone knows when this syndrome is going to be resolved. this is the 3rd time in a week this has happened to me. going on some T2 dungeon when suddenly after killing the boss the party leader will kick you to steal the loot.

Sure, one might avoid this by playing with friends / guilds however not anyone has the privilege and time to sync with friends. this is really a turn-off in this game. do people actually get sastisfacation by stealing purple pixels?? :(
Post edited by erezwhite on

Comments

• ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Marvel Heroes had the same problem, so everyone who did it got banned. First for a week, then a year. That pretty much solved the issue instantly. :p
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That's happened to me twice and it sucks:/

Ive got to admit I was a complete ****** to someone the other day during a DD, this one party member was just constantly picking up EVERY green despite all the other members asking him not to..

'Im trolling you' he replies and carries on grabbing greens all the way through the Dungeon, now he was the DC so I didn't kick him straight away or anything.

I left it till the boss had 1 bar left and then kicked him..

So yeah ive felt the pain of being dumped for no reason and lashed it out on an idiot as well..
  • sevdaisevdai Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Ive got to admit I was a complete ****** to someone the other day during a DD, this one party member was just constantly picking up EVERY green despite all the other members asking him not to..

'Im trolling you' he replies and carries on grabbing greens all the way through the Dungeon, now he was the DC so I didn't kick him straight away or anything.

So yeah ive felt the pain of being dumped for no reason and lashed it out on an idiot as well..

You didn't kick the guy for no reason. On the same note, is it a bad thing that I'm laughing about your story?
  • sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I think getting kicked for boss trash loot is pretty lame but not that big of a hit. Now if this happened during dungeon delves? Ohhhh boy would I devote all my time and energy into ruining that guy's reputation.
    edited July 2013
    lol.. like I said I was a little harsh but the guy was chirping non stop and thought that because he was the DC that nothing could or would happen to him..

Greens greens greens an everyone raging cos he was filling the screen with the things so I let him carry on up until the boss, help us take him out (1 bar left) an then BYE! No boss loot or DD chest..sorry for you...

I was probably a little harsh but at the same time the guy was being a muppet so deserved it, if anything its his reputation that should be smeared as a bad party member for future runs..

An no I don't mind people finding it funny, hell I do.. :)
  • sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    lol.. like I said I was a little harsh but the guy was chirping non stop and thought that because he was the DC that nothing could or would happen to him..

Greens greens greens an everyone raging cos he was filling the screen with the things so I let him carry on up until the boss, help us take him out (1 bar left) an then BYE! No boss loot or DD chest..sorry for you...

I was probably a little harsh but at the same time the guy was being a muppet so deserved it, if anything its his reputation that should be smeared as a bad party member for future runs..

I am conflicted on this. On one hand, he did do a lot of healing or whatever and earn his place in the group and deserve a share of the loot. On the other, I don't like players like that either and I love when they get their comeuppance.

You cheated that guy but you taught him a lesson. I say that's one for one and that's pretty neutral. You shouldn't feel bad, but you shouldn't feel accomplished either.
    edited July 2013
    Yeah that's exactly it.. funny story an he probs deserved it but that's as far as it should go..

When its people like the OP states though that's just some total nonsense and those kind of peeps need some form of slap..
    edited July 2013
    Yeah that's exactly it.. funny story and he probably deserved it but that's as far as it should go..

When it's people like the OP stated though that's just some total nonsense and those kind of peeps need some form of slap..

I agree. But I would not worry as those people tend not to be around long. Other people, like I said, get angry and devote time and energy into making sure nobody wants to play with them. Also, if all he wants to do is pug? Go for it. Good luck getting into a guild by the guy you booted for 2000 AD.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

So yeah I've felt the pain of being dumped for no reason and lashed it out on an idiot as well..
    That's hilarious and I admit, I'd be tempted to do the same thing, depending on the difficulty of the dungeon. Wouldn't care on a T1, but I'd be pissed if it was Epic SP or the Karrundax pre-bosses.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

I've had this happen to me on a cleric but I wasn't trolling people and picking up everything. There were 2 clerics in the party and it was during a DD. When we relogged the leader changed from the GWF to the other cleric who I guess didn't like me because I have an unusual spec. My friend the GWF sent me a message right after asking what happened and I told him that I got kicked. I guess that cleric couldn't handle a cleric that can do damage.

Even if they are trolling they still don't deserve this, you've just wasted their time. It is much better to simply ignore them so you never have to deal with them again.

Also people like this is why I rearrange my HUD so the loot result appears at the side under my quest tracker. Also he probably needed the gold since clerics tend to need more potions then anyone else.

I hope I never run into you in a random group.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    Big difference would be someone explaining themselves as you have done and not being a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about it like this other person and im sure not just me but all of the party would have been fine.

If you want to get on your high horse about then feel free to do so, ive been honest about it and explained why.
    Communication is key but obviously with some it does nothing to sway opinion..
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've had this happen to me on a cleric but I wasn't trolling people and picking up everything. There were 2 clerics in the party and it was during a DD. When we relogged the leader changed from the GWF to the other cleric who I guess didn't like me because I have an unusual spec. My friend the GWF sent me a message right after asking what happened and I told him that I got kicked. I guess that cleric couldn't handle a cleric that can do damage.

Even if they are trolling they still don't deserve this, you've just wasted their time. It is much better to simply ignore them so you never have to deal with them again.

Also people like this is why I rearrange my HUD so the loot result appears at the side under my quest tracker. Also he probably needed the gold since clerics tend to need more potions then anyone else.

I hope I never run into you in a random group.

Where you intentionally being a <beep>? Did the rest of the group tell you you were being a <beep>? Then it's not the same thing.
    edited July 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Where you intentionally being a <beep>? Did the rest of the group tell you you were being a <beep>? Then it's not the same thing.

No the guy didn't even say a word to me. I barely talked the whole dungeon except when they talked strategy and to tell them at the begging I was a dps spec.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mistressroxxymistressroxxy Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There are now guilds that do it on last boss if your a pubby. Beware if your a pub and join a 4 man guild. just saying
    [SIGPIC]JFJrpuR.jpg[/sigpic]
    GWF Mistress Roxxy and DC Lady Valentine both @loverboyusa
  • johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i feel you man. but sorry to say the game doesnt give a dam on that, they are too busy making some things for money. I know its a community issue not the developers BUT they should have made something to prevent that
    edited July 2013
    There are now guilds that do it on last boss if your a pubby. Beware if your a pub and join a 4 man guild. just saying

Usually in this case you are the one who gets lead in the group though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013

Thanks for the heads up. If this happens to me, I'll be sure to ask for leader and explain. I NEVER trust pugs.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I never pug in NW these days. I only team with people I know.
  • gingervitosgingervitos Member Posts: 275 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    I never pug in NW these days. I only team with people I know.

You know me and I still booted you.

Git Gud M8!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cause I'm worth it. Playing since 2009.
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Yep, they insist on you handing the them the lead, just to be able to do this, or mob train you & the other 4 leave.

I've not kicked anyone in a dungeon, but before the 'bot' friendly changes to PvP I've kicked 'no score' bots just before winning a domination match!
  • erezwhiteerezwhite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yep, this actually happened to me During a DD. and on top of that I got a glimpse of the boss lot. which was for my DC. It's a shame I didn't memorize the leader's name, however from past experience in MMOs I don't think the general public would actually care.
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    @LOLMODS in this forum

community: "Look at this horrible mechanic, it's making my playtime unbearrable!"

Mods: "Lets just hide this from GD so no one really sees it....."

And this is why your game has been flushed down the toilet by 90% of the original population.
  • dimm1v1dimm1v1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm a pve **** so I don't fully understand why you would kick someone picking up greens during a DD. Does it result in a lesser quality chest or something? I'm only asking cus perhaps you may know something I don't, or is pressing shift+1, 2, 3, that big of a deal?

More curious than anything, I could care less who you kick in your DD.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dimm1v1 wrote: »
    I'm a pve **** so I don't fully understand why you would kick someone picking up greens during a DD. Does it result in a lesser quality chest or something? I'm only asking cus perhaps you may know something I don't, or is pressing shift+1, 2, 3, that big of a deal?

Because he probably has a conscience which is telling him that what he did was really unfair, and he is trying to get validation from the ITGs on the forum.....
  • savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    erezwhite wrote: »
    I was curious to know if anyone knows when this syndrome is going to be resolved. this is the 3rd time in a week this has happened to me. going on some T2 dungeon when suddenly after killing the boss the party leader will kick you to steal the loot.

Sure, one might avoid this by playing with friends / guilds however not anyone has the privilege and time to sync with friends. this is really a turn-off in this game. do people actually get sastisfacation by stealing purple pixels?? :(
    Welcome in the real world. This happen in all the MMOG out there and even being in a guild could not be not enough to save you because there are guilds, where before you start a dungeon, the guild master make clear to whom the purple drops are supposed to go. Take it or leave. No they don't get satisfaction from stealing purple pixels, the get satisfaction by equiping and using them or selling them at the AH for a lot of AD
  • dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    He kicked him because it slows the run down and people try to get in as many runs as they can during DD.
    edited July 2013
    dimm1v1 wrote: »

I have no problem with you picking every freaking green up you want. But do it in combat and I'll get pissed off because I can't see anything except the stupid notification windows, even after I've hurriedly spammed Shift+3 20 times.
    edited July 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    I have no problem with you picking every freaking green up you want. But do it in combat and I'll get pissed off because I can't see anything except the stupid notification windows, even after I've hurriedly spammed Shift+3 20 times.

easy fix, rearrange your HUD and put it under your quest tracker. That's what I did and it never gets in my way now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • armenuaarmenua Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Can't you change the loot threshold to Blues? That would avoid the greens being rolled on and filling up the screen. Aren't they randomly distributed then?

Quote Originally Posted by faeriestorm
    easy fix, rearrange your HUD and put it under your quest tracker. That's what I did and it never gets in my way now.

Great Idea!
  • jarlax1jarlax1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited July 2013
    There is a defense for this, although I am not 100% sure on the mechanic, but I was grouped with a guy being an <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> trying to do this to some of the party members we were with and lost the loot and he explained it to me. I don't know guy, never grouped guy before, he liked me I guess because he thought I was a good cleric. Anyway, back to what I was saying.

So, the loot system doesn't award the item until after the timer expires, regardless of whether or not all the votes are in or not. If all votes are not in it omits that person who did not vote like most of us would assume. The key to me figuring this out is this:

**If all party members do not vote need, greed, or pass and a group member leaves, then no one gets loot. That's right the loot gets bugged and lost.

So if he kicks you before you vote "any they know this, at least this guy did" no one will get the item, wait until the very last second so that as soon as you vote the system rolls and awards the item before he has a chance to boot you; because he is watching his chat for you to select need or greed.

This by no means says that I somehow think this should not be looked at, like locking the group composition until after the loot is handed out after a boss fight or binding the loot in question to the players in a temp database table, instead of the groups temp database table until the item is awarded.