What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Party leader steals loot by kicking in pugs

2»

Comments

• faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    jarlax1 wrote: »
    There is a defense for this, although I am not 100% sure on the mechanic, but I was grouped with a guy being an <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> trying to do this to some of the party members we were with and lost the loot and he explained it to me. I don't know guy, never grouped guy before, he liked me I guess because he thought I was a good cleric. Anyway, back to what I was saying.

So, the loot system doesn't award the item until after the timer expires, regardless of whether or not all the votes are in or not. If all votes are not in it omits that person who did not vote like most of us would assume. The key to me figuring this out is this:

**If all party members do not vote need, greed, or pass and a group member leaves, then no one gets loot. That's right the loot gets bugged and lost.

So if he kicks you before you vote "any they know this, at least this guy did" no one will get the item, wait until the very last second so that as soon as you vote the system rolls and awards the item before he has a chance to boot you; because he is watching his chat for you to select need or greed.

This by no means says that I somehow think this should not be looked at, like locking the group composition until after the loot is handed out after a boss fight or binding the loot in question to the players in a temp database table, instead of the groups temp database table until the item is awarded.

Usually those that kick I find do it just before the boss goes down. Those that do it the other way deny everyone the loot. Honestly once that final boss fight has ended kicking should be completely disabled until you leave the dungeon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • torulv1torulv1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just happend again...
    Just finish killing boss in pirate king + most of the ads... when kicked from party.

Is there a way to know who was partyleader... so we at least can make a blacklist ?