test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Okay what is this lagg since the new patch?? and how??

soulwhispsoulwhisp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Before the patch i played the game in max resolution with highest grapich, NO LAGG. But now its like a comic book. The lagg makes the game unplayable!

Anyone else got this little gift?
Post edited by soulwhisp on

Comments

• prcolinprcolin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    unfortunately ya... ran SP today with a friend and when we had lag spikes it was at the exactly same time... even words blindly typed in the chat window were not displayed fully... PE is just a nightmare... and no matter what they say it is not just a Verizon issue. I am EU and it is horrible.
  • fefeenahfefeenah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was never able to run @ max resolution/graphics and always had a little lag, but it's been impossible to do anything in Protector's Enclave. I'm getting weird slow downs/speed ups in dungeons too.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    fefeenah wrote: »
    I was never able to run @ max resolution/graphics and always had a little lag, but it's been impossible to do anything in Protector's Enclave. I'm getting weird slow downs/speed ups in dungeons too.

Yeah, since the patch, I have seen weird micro-freezes, especially with casting Astral Shield. I am used to running everything maxed.

Oddly, so far, switching to the DX11 renderer seems to restore most of the performance, even though it doesn't behave properly when tabbing out (yay, buggy software).
  • endagonendagon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited July 2013
    It is obliviously an issue on your end, the software is without issues since its running fine on my end. Also don't forget to visit the Zen store and buy the new no lag pack.
  • soulwhispsoulwhisp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Yeah, since the patch, I have seen weird micro-freezes, especially with casting Astral Shield. I am used to running everything maxed.

Oddly, so far, switching to the DX11 renderer seems to restore most of the performance, even though it doesn't behave properly when tabbing out (yay, buggy software).

Wow thanks the DX11 tip, now its much better!
  • nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    if you have verizon there is an issue they are having with proper connection to the neverwinter servers.
    There was a thread about it I will try to find it again and link you to it.

LOL opps that thread is stickied.....
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?408571-Experiencing-lag-and-using-Verizon-FIOS-Look-here!

Not saying that is the issue but it is a good place to start if you have veizon as your ISP
  • fefeenahfefeenah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm running on a 32 bit OS and I'm not the only one who suffers from some major crashes that happen very frequently if I hang out in PE too long.

Just the nature of the beast until I can upgrade my comp.
  • bdragonbbdragonb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Good to know, thought that was my ISP service. I'm taking about 2min to load all my UI when I enter PE, sometimes the game simple crashes and I need to restart it.
  • shadowboxshadowbox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I too experienced the above.

All of the above.
    Stats.png
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    soulwhisp wrote: »
    Wow thanks the DX11 tip, now its much better!

Look out though, it's slightly less stable than the DX9 one, and doesn't handle tabbing out very well either, and goes into windowed mode, which is really irritating :)
  • kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Have yet to have lag (when people have been reporting it for a week now or so), of course until today, now my fps stays around 30 or so, but I get server delays/lag out of no where/jumping from spot to spot on the screen. It's really getting annoying, and I'm using Comcast as a provider, not Verizon. x- x
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
  • armenuaarmenua Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I too have had no lag problems at all. Until today. Now PE is really laggy, at about 30 or so if I hide in a place where there are very few other players. If I go into the center of town, it goes down to 15 and spikes down to 1 or 2. Definitely something wrong here on the PW side.
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Protector's Enclave is unplayable. This is gamebreaking if not fixed soon.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fefeenah wrote: »

I'm getting this issue , also takes an age to just log into the game now and also try to log in before the character select screen is fully loaded causes the client to time out and return me to the log in screen.
  • vientorvientor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2013
    Been having trouble today, also. Have no had any issue prior to today, but tonight I have been losing connection to the server, and rubber banding, pretty heavily at times. I assumed that it was my ISP having some issues but, who knows?
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Odd, no problems whatsoever with lag... in any zone.
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, the lagging is weird. Things tended to slow down in Protector's, up to regular rubberbanding, but for me that hasn't been that noticeable lately.

But guildmates are reporting lag similar to that of the first day of the end-of-beta event, when the portals closed and all the fireworks caused people to stand still for 10s up to a full minute, but in dungeons, not so much in Protector's.

Mind you, I'm an EU player, so network lag should be very noticeable, yet on my end it's decent. So it doesn't look like a pingthing.
  • avornielavorniel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Having the same issue after the recent patch the game has near enough become unplayable in PR I am rubberbanding all over the place and it is taking ages to show my characters in character select and having to wait a few minutes when I actually zone as I can't move or even refresh my god blessing.Everything was fine before the recent patch and have no other issues with any other MMO's I am playing ie SWTOR,LOTRO,GW2. Web browsing is fine and so is video streaming.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\John>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms BTHomeHub.home [**************]
    2 54 ms 58 ms 59 ms 217.47.72.122
    3 57 ms 59 ms 52 ms 217.47.72.161
    4 65 ms 66 ms 65 ms 213.1.69.46
    5 64 ms 65 ms 65 ms 217.41.169.103
    6 64 ms 65 ms 67 ms 217.41.169.11
    7 61 ms 66 ms 66 ms 217.41.169.109
    8 65 ms 65 ms 65 ms 109.159.251.193
    9 78 ms 77 ms 72 ms core2-te0-2-4-0.ealing.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.25
    1.143]
    10 67 ms 73 ms 72 ms peer2-xe10-1-0.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.
    254.116]
    11 70 ms 72 ms 72 ms 166-49-211-168.eu.bt.net [166.49.211.168]
    12 72 ms 72 ms 72 ms 166-49-211-38.eu.bt.net [166.49.211.38]
    13 146 ms 149 ms 152 ms xe-1-2-0.bos11.ip4.tinet.net [89.149.183.13]
    14 145 ms 144 ms 145 ms internap-gw.ip4.tinet.net [77.67.77.54]
    15 147 ms 141 ms 147 ms border11.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.4
    1]
    16 148 ms 145 ms 142 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.
    61.78]
    17 144 ms 145 ms 142 ms 208.95.185.41

Trace complete.

Am in the UK
  • dridiadridia Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same here..ran on max... now pffft freeze frame!!
    edited July 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    Mind you, I'm an EU player, so network lag should be very noticeable, yet on my end it's decent. So it doesn't look like a pingthing.

Same, and no, it's not like a pingthing ( :) ) for me, either. It's not the game pausing and stuff going idle, it's micro-freezes, which look very different.

Like I say, switching to the DX11 renderer solved it for me- though that is a bit crashy, and doesn't handle tabbing out properly (being quality Cryptic software).
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No lag here and haven't had any lag since the game came out in open beta. I'm from Canada using Shaw Cable Systems.
  • firelyfirely Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    since the latest patch there is a HUGE lag when loading the game for first time - at character selection screen, menu graphics loading, etc.

with this rate when (all?) bugs are fixed the game will be unplayable
  • lordshadowlandlordshadowland Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Facing a similar problem...they game is just unplayable...
  • maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited July 2013
    Same, always ran it on max settings with no problem, now I have to run in safe mode and find a low populate instance for the game not to look like a slide show.
    I gave up playing yesterday and is waiting for a fix for this.
  • croffilecroffile Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've posted a thread in Technical Assistance Network and Connection problems, about this issue specificly. No response yet but it may be worth monitoring for you guys with the same issue since it is likely to get technical assistance or an answer why this lag is occouring.

http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=138431
    asailorsadventure.png
    Shortcode copy: NW-DFQEQQ8H6
  • andhreinandhrein Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    it's like playing on a slideshow here...it's impossible even to walk on Protector enclave...I need to logout on another map, because it's impossible to even load the city...
    edited July 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    I'm getting this issue , also takes an age to just log into the game now and also try to log in before the character select screen is fully loaded causes the client to time out and return me to the log in screen.

You mean delays at the point where it's loading character models for character selection? I have noticed it delaying, and giving me a 10 second or so burst of circular busy cursor where the character should be, since the patch. This is odd, as I never saw it before- it was always instantaneous, to the point where I didn't know it even had a busy cursor for such things..

A few times it has taken a lot longer, so I can see how it'd time out for you too.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I know they changed up the game's physics in the last patch because capes don't clip the way they used to. Maybe that has something to do with it loading so slowly? It's been abnormally slow at the character screen for me as well but I blamed it on my ISP being itself and me multitasking too much while it loads (although me multitasking while it loads is nothing new so that doesn't stand up well on its own).
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Getting massive screen lagg in Protector's Enclave and only in Protector's Enclave. It seems to get worse the closer I am to the Auction House and other areas with a large amount of players and NPCs. I should also mention that this only started happening since the newest patch.

I've tried:
    -Joining instances where only 9 players were present
    -Force Verify
    -Updating Graphics Card drivers
    -Defragging Cryptic Folder
    -Defragging computer
    -Restarting computer
    -Setting all graphics settings to lowest possible

The only thing that seemed to work was setting all graphics settings to low, which only partially worked. Instead of getting screen laggs every 2 seconds, I would get them every 5-8 seconds.

I also managed to get my GWF outside of the map in Protector's Enclave and managed to get absolutely no screen laggs at all while walking around.
  • ind1go99ind1go99 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Likewise, only in PE and only since last patch. Login, rubberband, rubberband, rubberband, crash. Tedious.
This discussion has been closed.