The reason i think the [feywild pack] is over-priced <an imo thread>

Comments

• werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    /facepalm @ the off-topicness this thread has taken

it seems you have once again missed the point again

the...content...for...the...price...
    ok lets try a different game since you are so dang hung up on WoW
    i bought skyrim for the same price as this guardian pack - this is okay as i would have treated this as the initial buy of the game
    i bought all of the addons for skyrim - for the price of a mount - this is not okay, as i hope what you will understand from this is HOW MUCH you get for what you pay.

The reason i have a problem with the prices here is that I WANT to pay to support this game that i love (not that i wouldn't also love the sweet items ect. but it's not the main reason i want to buy things) however as a parent i have bills and debt to pay as well and the prices are just too high. it would honestly make more sense to sell some of these item separately for lower prices as the only thing i really want out of this is the race.
    21.jpg
  • nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    /facepalm @ the off-topicness this thread has taken

it seems you have once again missed the point again

the...content...for...the...price...
    ok lets try a different game since you are so ****ing hung up on WoW
    i bought skyrim for the same price as this guardian pack - this is okay as i would have treated this as the initial buy of the game
    i bought all of the addons for skyrim - for the price of a mount - this is not okay, as i hope what you will understand from this is HOW MUCH you get for what you pay.

You are not paying anything for the expansion or the game content...
    It is free that is the point you do not get.
    You also miss the point you do not need to buy the pack or any pack it is optional.
    Ther is clearly no comparison to make.

Maybe if you stopped facepalming yourself you may understand.

If you really just wanted to support the game as you claim buy the $20 Pack.
    Or Buy some Zen and spend on things you do need llike maybe a bag or a respec.
    Stop complaining about the price of the pack tryuing to compare it to P2P game and actual
    content trying to explain away why you think the pack is to expensive.
    If you can not afford it do not see the value simply do not buy it.
  • mavalonmavalon Member Posts: 88
    edited July 2013
    There is no expansion.
    Its just daillies.
    The rest of the new things are in the overpriced packs.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So it boggles my mind that for this game i should pay MORE than the entire other game for just 1 race (I only mention the race though there is much more in the pack but it is all just fluff and i couldn't care less about any of it) and still have a staggeringly less amount of content.

If you buy the pack, you are not paying for one race. Fluff or not the rest of the items are still part of the pack. They aren't going to make the pack cheaper just because you don't like/want part of it. I only wanted the spider from the $200 HOTN pack, so I made a choice not to buy it. But I'm not going around saying it was a worthless pack to everyone because it only contained one item I wanted. Plenty of others wanted the rest. Take a look at what you get in this pack:

600,000 AD = $15 to $20 dollars worth of Zen depending on the Exchange.

A T3 Mount for every character = $25 to $35 value in the Zen shop.

Epic Companion for every character = Easily worth another $20, Packs are the only way to get an epic for the whole account.

New Race = Who knows the value, nothing to compare it too. You'd have to decide for yourself.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    this game has been out for a month already and i wish i could say i have supported this game buy buying some of the awesome packs/cash shop items (really I do) but i simply think they are over priced. here is my opinion why.

Several years ago I purchased an extremely popular MMO i paid $40 for the "Battlechest" that included the core content and the first THREE expansion packs as well as another month of subscription (along with the one month free that came with it) all said i had spent $55 plus tax.
    This came with 12 races and 10 classes and 15 professions.

So it boggles my mind that for this game i should pay MORE than the entire other game for just 1 race (I only mention the race though there is much more in the pack but it is all just fluff and i couldn't care less about any of it) and still have a staggeringly less amount of content.

i would gladly spend 15 dollars a month here if i felt i got enough for my money but getting 1 profession asset pack is more than a whole month there so....

EDIT: TLDR; buying this 1 pack after 1 month would mean i would have spent more than the amount I spent for 2 months there plus the whole game

That's the reason why I quit NW, they have a coersive F2P system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    mavalon wrote: »
    There is no expansion.
    Its just daillies.
    The rest of the new things are in the overpriced packs.

Well Mr. Future man can you tell us what the next update will be?
    vold316 wrote: »

Yeah..."quit" Im sure
    edited July 2013
    Well Mr. Future man can you tell us what the next update will be?

Yeah..."quit" Im sure

Look on gamebreaker tv the derpy dragon show.
    They talk about the new content.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    mavalon wrote: »
    Look on gamebreaker tv the derpy dragon show.
    They talk about the new content.

The ones I found didnt have anything about the Feywild content. Link?
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the feedback, all! Much appreciated!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
    edited July 2013
    Yeah..."quit" Im sure

Well, I still have some hope for it to get better, that's why I check the forums, but that's all my interaction with NW. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2013
    The ones I found didnt have anything about the Feywild content. Link?

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game-shows/end-of-nations-moba-derpy-dragon-7/
    edited July 2013
    sominator wrote: »

I understand that you try to do your best. But that kind of comment after a while start to have negative effects; just saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2013
    I understand that you try to do your best. But that kind of comment after a while start to have negative effects; just saying.

Oh Vold, after weeks of seeing you here on the forums after "quitting" I still come to the conclusion that you are the most level headed person giving constructive criticism.
    edited July 2013
    Oh Vold, after weeks of seeing you here on the forums after "quitting" I still come to the conclusion that you are the most level headed person giving constructive criticism.

TBH, I just come here to pity the fools who are still playing; like you. I got tired of being constructive long ago. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    But I'm not going around saying it was a worthless pack to everyone because it only contained one item I wanted. Plenty of others wanted the rest. Take a look at what you get in this pack:

derp that is why it is CLEARLY stated that this is an IMO thread.
    if you don't want my opinion then why the heck did you click on an opinion thread?
    21.jpg
  • shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    sominator wrote: »

WTF? I'm beginning to think this is an automated response.

Perhaps It's because I'm coming from League of Legends where the staffers actually make meaningful responses to their community on a very regular basis. I swear I have seen this ^^^ response word for word about 10 times now.
    I like how it's a well thought out post with excellent points that address our concerns /sarcasm
  • nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    something seriously wrong with this posting function
    edited July 2013

So someone Perhaps Guido from PW/Cryptic showed up at your door and held a gun to your head
    to coerce you to buy the Pack?

Here Let me Define that word for you....

1.Persuade (an unwilling person) to do something by using force or threats.
    2.Obtain (something) by such means.

Synonyms
    force - compel - constrain - oblige - enforce
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1 they are a business and they aren't charging a monthly fee.

2 defiance started with a pay to play that had 2 races human and the wildish gypsy race and they will be releasing another 60$ expiation to play casti (the albino race), no idea when people can play the bald cybernetic race. and they got micro transactions too I believe.

3 a lot of games have a 60$ expansion box that goes down in price after 3-6 months this game has shown they are willing to lower prices possibly in 6 months.they will release a battle chest with guardian, fae-wild, and whatever the next pack for a discount. or sell the components. the drow pack was obviously the collectors set. you pay now for the privilege of having it first.

4 they are giving most of the cool things the 200$ pack had for the price of the 60$ pack that had less. the highlights being a purple mount on ever char 40$ value, a purple pet on every char a 30$ Value, a semi unique looking outfit on every char, 12-20$ value (though I fully expect the zen store will have an elf pack that looks near identical to moon regalia but has a short skirt and less gems), a free character slot 2.50$ value. not even factoring in the race, starter pack, auras and stuff, if you tried to get the equivalent to this stuff on 1 character with zen cards alone it would run you more than 60$

though I do think it would be nice if every 60$ got something like a race/appearance/respect token. also it would be nice if people who got their packs before the 22nd would get access to some of the more generic bits like the ad stipend and the starter packs.

also packs should give you a row of bank slots on each character. Space is a HUGE issue that will COST pwe a LOT of money if people don't buy the packs because they don't wish to fill up their inventory they need to have a mount tab and a fashion tab similar to the combat pet tab. yeah it will cost them 500z in bank purchases which people can trade in ad for. but mounts and fashion sets are 1000-4000z items

A gotta catch them all feeling needs to be fostered. id also love to see dual pricing options, get that white tiger for 3500 on ALL chars or just 1000z for the boe verson. costume packs as well what if id like to get the 1500z cortizen outfit accountwide give me the option to pay 3k zen that's one reason I do buy these 60$ packs I like having extra outfit bits on all my chars. give us account banks as well like they have in CO/sto

but over all I think this is a fair price for what you get and we are very lucky 1. it didn't cost more and 2 . sun elves and the new class and or professions that may be in fae-wild we not part of this pack. 3. that its just a re-skin of the 4th type of elf that people already play by rolling a wood elf and coloring it to fit the race and a horse with a pointy horn. and yet another striker pet. Im more upset bout the snake lady being a chance drop.
    edited July 2013
    nick1stern wrote: »
    So someone Perhaps Guido from PW/Cryptic showed up at your door and held a gun to your head
    to coerce you to buy the Pack?

Here Let me Define that word for you....

1.Persuade (an unwilling person) to do something by using force or threats.
    2.Obtain (something) by such means.

Synonyms
    force - compel - constrain - oblige - enforce

I know the meaning of Coercion. ;)
    I say that it is coercive because they control players, forcing some of them to pay in a subtle manner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2013
    I say that it is coercive because they control players, forcing some of them to pay in a subtle manner.

How is it that by controling all of the players they only force some of them to pay? Are you sure its not just a weak will on the players part?
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    derp that is why it is CLEARLY stated that this is an IMO thread.
    if you don't want my opinion then why the heck did you click on an opinion thread?

Eh, works both ways. If you didn't want people's feedback about your opinion why did you make a thread? Or did you expect everyone to agree?
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    My only gripe is that mounts are not as valuable after you own one already. I think the pack is an excellent value if you didn't already own a pack but if you already did I feel $40 dollars would be a more reasonable price.

As such I feel if you already own a Guardian of the North or Hero of the North pack you should receive a discount on the Knight of the Feywild and any future such packs.
    edited July 2013
    My only gripe is that mounts are not as valuable after you own one already. I think the pack is an excellent value if you didn't already own a pack but if you already did I feel $40 dollars would be a more reasonable price.

As such I feel if you already own a Guardian of the North or Hero of the North pack you should receive a discount on the Knight of the Feywild and any future such packs..

this is exactly what i've been getting at.
    21.jpg
    edited July 2013
    How is it that by controling all of the players they only force some of them to pay? Are you sure its not just a weak will on the players part?

Check out this article man.
    Edit: And, this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2013
    Check out this article man.

Read it dont worry, But you didnt answer my question. If their monetization is so coersive how is it that it only works on some people?
  • gentoo1972gentoo1972 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nick1stern wrote: »

Maybe if you stopped facepalming yourself you may understand.
    heh..

nothing to add
    edited July 2013
    Read it dont worry, But you didnt answer my question. If their monetization is so coersive how is it that it only works on some people?

If you read it then this will answer it: VoC vs TtC. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2013

No clearly you do not know the menaing.
    They did not force or coerce anyone into buying anything.
    If you are so weak willed and impulsive and lack the ability
    to make important financial decisions you should lock away
    your credit card.

That way al those pretty new shiney things can not coerce you.
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

As such I feel if you already own a Guardian of the North or Hero of the North pack you should receive a discount on the Knight of the Feywild and any future such packs.

It is a discount. You are paying $60 instead of $200:D.