test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can We No Longer Lure Bosses From Their Lairs?

Comments

• Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Okay, so everyone complains about stupid amount of adds during boss fights, and the developers fix the way you could lure bosses away and skip adds to.............DEAL WITH ADDS EVERYONE COMPLAINS ABOUT?
    LOGIC

It's to fix an exploit in CN that allows you to kill the boss without even doing a single point of damage to it.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would like to see videos of the Devs in non-BiS gear/enchants running the Tier 2+ dungeons.

Just to show that it is possible now for non-exploiters who are trying to gear up rather than sell gear on the AH...
  • Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Pre-patch with continuous AS coverage was trivial as you could have 100% uptime on your other attacks. Post-patch was much harder - you have less incoming healing, less damage mitigation and now have to be very careful about dodging attacks while Righteousness is ridiculous.

Say what? 100% uptime? I wish I knew about that. I was rocking Sacred Flame and that DoT (the name escapes me right now). I guess I'm talking about post patch. By pre-patch I meant pre-"this-new-right-now" patch.

But yes, I was doing a lot of ducking and diving and it just reached 60 yesterday, so I believe we are on the same page.

Regardless, I'm not trying to derail the thread. Hopefully the patch to make the 55-60 content easier will be synergistic to the new leashing patch in regards to quest dungeon bosses as well.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's to fix an exploit in CN that allows you to kill the boss without even doing a single point of damage to it.

It's like fix the problem of one man's Coca Cola intoxication by banning the selling of Coca Cola.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    It's like fix the problem of one man's Coca Cola intoxication by banning the selling of Coca Cola.

Well not just CN but in many dungeons too where they pull the boss out of it's room in order to not fight the adds.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    petpet2 wrote: »
    "Should have improved" doesn't mean it is fixed.

But I feel, this should be fixed. Too many exploits done by luring bosses out. One could finish CN's 1st boss under 5 minutes right now.

Actually, it can be done in 5s with the right exploit. :rolleyes:

I'm glad they're trying to bring back some of the original difficulty in game!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well not just CN but in many dungeons too where they pull the boss out of it's room in order to not fight the adds.

THIS IS what I am talking about! I hate adds, everyone hates adds, we have been asking to remove them and make boss fights different for so long time, and instead of that, they fix the way to avoid adds and force us to kill adds while ignoring all the complaints. Yeap, so hard to fix CN exploit, let's make everyone unhappy even more.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    THIS IS what I am talking about! I hate adds, everyone hates adds, we have been asking to remove them and make boss fights different for so long time, and instead of that, they fix the way to avoid adds and force us to kill adds while ignoring all the complaints. Yeap, so hard to fix CN exploit, let's make everyone unhappy even more.

Your concern is a legitimate and I agree with you there's currently too much adds. But I think that's the next step. There's been a petition of less number of trash mobs and adds but make them harder.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Get a competent DC/CW and your problem is solved. Every good CW and DC loves them! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Get a competent DC/CW and your problem is solved. Every good CW and DC loves them! :)

I play CW and it's not fun to use all the same rotation Singularity->n amount of AoE->Singularity repeat until your eyes bleed at every boss fight. Considering chances to get a set item you want, I'd better skip them all.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If they didn't have 345,678,894,234,568,123,456,999 Adds we wouldn't lure them. I would like to do a boss fight not a stupid Add fight. Luring the boss is the only way to get enjoyable boss fights. I don't want boss fights to be easy I just don't want a poorly designed ADD CC fest that makes it where no one want to do Dungeons and PvE. I only wander into the random DD because dungeons in this game are sooooo unenjoyable I hope they are fixed soon. If you are wandering I am fully geared with enchants and GS doesn't change the fact that no dungeon is enjoyable they all are terrible and after completing the thought races in your head why do I do this. Oh that's right I don't have to do this.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    Rapticor you give me hope! I really, really hope you're right! I still think it's a miserable thing to do though, no matter if it's dungeon bosses or quest bosses. People shouldn't be punished for using strategy in a game.

The Castle Never Spider Boss Exploit is not strategy, it is an exploit. If it were simply luring the spider to bottle neck her and kill her with less adds which you mopped up before or after, that would be strategy. That is not what is happening with the ring farming. It is full of exploits, plain and simple. I cannot wait until all the exploits are fixed. The game will be a better place because right now most T-2 dungeons are not fun at all.
  • Options
    ruprect1ruprect1 Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2013
    They need to do something about dungeons in this game. I am completely turned off to them. I leveled a CW to 60 and was only able to complete the first and second dungeon in a PuG, anything after that and we get to the last boss and wipe until someone leaves. I am in the process of leveling a DC now and was able to complete the first 2 dungeons, tried the 3rd last night and it is like a brick wall. I am not sure if players are just terrible these days but i do not remember a game where I was not able to complete the dungeons as I leveled within a few tries. I can see the end game dungeons being super hard, but the leveling dungeons???

The adds seem to be the problem, no one will focus the adds and get rid of them, they just keep hitting the boss. No matter how painfully obvious it is that the adds need to be taken care of first and even being mentioned in chat no one will focus them, they just keep hitting the boss mindlessly. I have only seen a boss pulled out of its room in CN, but I could see why people would do this to avaid having to run from adds an entire fight unable to do anything because they are constantly covered in adds that hit way too hard.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I play CW and it's not fun to use all the same rotation Singularity->n amount of AoE->Singularity repeat until your eyes bleed at every boss fight. Considering chances to get a set item you want, I'd better skip them all.

Well it's a misconception to think that singularity is the only efficient way to play a CW. I can freeze and almost permastun a whole room with mine, while killing adds. I'm sure you also considered that AOE dps like CWs will feel quite pointless if there are less adds, thus, less stuff to AOE. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Boss fights are stupidly boring, annoying, overkill on the adds. Boss is in the middle of the adds, ranged hits, rogues and gwf run, or die. Every boss fight is a dog pile. Targeting is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Target the boss, in the pile of adds you hit one of them, and if you hit too hard, the add will pull to you. Repeat the same thing, over and over again, for nothing. Waste.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    conchitobananoconchitobanano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 74
    edited July 2013
    Tried Karrun with guild group...You can no longer pull Pyra or the Magma Golem and they spawn stoopid amounts of adds, rendering them impossible for pugs....fights are now boring and even more repetitive than before...
  • Options
    dorkchopsdorkchops Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited July 2013
    I would love to see the devs complete CN in 1 hour 30 minutes with 9200 GS's

Takes 15 just to run from start to finish with no adds at all
  • Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    dorkchops wrote: »
    I would love to see the devs complete CN in 1 hour 30 minutes with 9200 GS's

Takes 15 just to run from start to finish with no adds at all

I would also like to see that. This raises the question; Do the developers play their own game?
  • Options
    ognialoognialo Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Tried Karrun with guild group...You can no longer pull Pyra or the Magma Golem and they spawn stoopid amounts of adds, rendering them impossible for pugs....fights are now boring and even more repetitive than before...

This, This, This a thousand times this. Just got done running DD with a "Guild Group" not even a pug. All on TS and coordinated. We tried 3 CW, 1 TR, and a DC after realizing the amount of adds that spawn. AND WE STILL COULD NOT KEEP UP WITH THE ADDS. Ended up burning 70 healing pots on pyra alone as the DC. Stoopid amount of adds is the understatement of the week. When the whole floor is red, and 3 CW cant keep up singluarity fast enough to deal with all that add garbage, its broken, broken, broken.

End Rage.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I would also like to see that. This raises the question; Do the developers play their own game?

I doubt it. They certainly don't properly QA it, however....
  • Options
    dorkchopsdorkchops Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited July 2013
    dont you worry if there is an exploit to be found to avoid additional adds someone will find it... think last boss FH
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    P.S The average gear score of our group was over 11k. Figured I would add that bit in there.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ognialo wrote: »
    This, This, This a thousand times this. Just got done running DD with a "Guild Group" not even a pug. All on TS and coordinated. We tried 3 CW, 1 TR, and a DC after realizing the amount of adds that spawn. AND WE STILL COULD NOT KEEP UP WITH THE ADDS. Ended up burning 70 healing pots on pyra alone as the DC. Stoopid amount of adds is the understatement of the week. When the whole floor is red, and 3 CW cant keep up singluarity fast enough to deal with all that add garbage, its broken, broken, broken.

End Rage.

P.S Our Average Gear score was over 11k.

P.S.S I am not saying not being able to lure the boss is a bad thing. All im saying is dealing with 346,654,789,641,657,564,456 Adds is near impossible & Cost way to bloody much to be considered worth while for 90% of this games population. Cut the adds, or your PVE population is going to die of quick.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

End Rage.

Ha ha there's a strat for both first bosses in karrundax. You need a good tank though. And 3 cws is a terrible team layout for anything but pirates anyway. Now, people have to learn to play. What a pity...
    Will keep strats for myself for now. The prices of gloves are going to rise. :p
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    Bah!! I do not know why I even bother, just another "FTP" company ignoring the LARGE "small paying" customer base for the small "Large paying" one......

Why would they when you have people throwing down $140 to try and get 1 Purple Snakechick Healer companion.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    Bah!! I do not know why I even bother, just another "FTP" company ignoring the LARGE "small paying" customer base for the small "Large paying" one......

Ironically enough, this is probably the exact opposite of what is happening, since most of the people with 'leet' gear who can still run the dungeons aren't the ones who paid for it, they are the ones who exploited the most, and probably paid the least.....
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    P.S Our Average Gear score was over 11k.

P.S.S I am not saying not being able to lure the boss is a bad thing. All im saying is dealing with 346,654,789,641,657,564,456 Adds is near impossible & Cost way to bloody much to be considered worth while for 90% of this games population. Cut the adds, or your PVE population is going to die of quick.

At the very least cut their health back by 2/3 and limit the amount of AOE attacks up at one time or make the not hit for like 6k each.

In karru the stupid trash mobs before 2nd boss do like 6k a hit to me. Considering one of the pulls is about 40 of them that gets to hurting alot very quickly.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Ha ha there's a strat for both first bosses in karrundax. You need a good tank though. And 3 cws is a terrible team layout for anything but pirates anyway. Now, people have to learn to play. What a pity...
    Will keep strats for myself for now. The prices of gloves are going to rise. :p

Yea man, well we tried 2TR A DC and 2 CW, and that failed. 3 CW 1 TR and a DC, failed, so guess next time around we will run Gf 2 CW, TR & DC. Maybe that will be easier on us. We cleared the dungeon with 3 CW but was rough rough rough. All I want to point out, is we as a guild have the GS and coordination and spare gold to burn to figure out the best strat for these. But 90% of the PVE population doesnt have any of these things, considering the click to que system. I feel massive rage quiting in the future. Its not a matter of learning how to play the dungeons. Its a matter of have the perfect team composition, with perfect coordination, or wipe on adds everytime, and / or burn 15-30G on a boss. For a game with an option to Pug into dungeons, that is fail. You are right about one thing, prices are going up.